logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 28 September 2024 20:26:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Credit to BrownSugar for the incredible artwork

Title: “Sun-Kissed”
Artist(b): Tahlia
Release Date: September 28, 2024
Format: Digital Download, Streaming, Airplay, 12” Single, CD Single
Recorded: Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, U.S.
Genre(s): Pop · Latin
Length: 3:57
Label: Royale Vices & Virtues INC
Writer(s): Tahlia Amorim-Coelho, Abella Diaz
Producer(s): Miguel Avilá

“Sun-Kissed” is the debut English-language single from Portuguese recording artist ‘Tahlia Amorim-Coelho’ better known by her stage name of ‘Tahlia’. It marks the first official release from the artist since signing to ‘Royale Vices & Virtues INC’ an extension of ‘Studio60’ who originally brough the artist across to the United States from her native country of Portugal back in 2022. During that time, the Portuguese star has been learning English and working alongside songwriters and producers to create her English language debut album. She has two previous studio albums under her name in her home country, “Com Amor” and “Indomável” and a string of successful hit singles as well as establishing herself as a celebrity in her home country with an appearance on a highly popular reality show in Portugal. However, since moving over to the United States it’s been a long-drawn out process that involved ‘Tahlia’ effectively learning a new language and completely new culture, moving out to California initially to sign with ‘Studio60 Records’ before being moved across to their subsidiary label ‘Royale Vices & Virtues INC’ in order to launch her career in the United States and as a universal worldwide artist.

Alongside the signing of ‘Tahlia’, the record label also made the signing of ‘Miguel Avilá’, a songwriter, producer and performing artist that had worked closely with ‘Tahlia’ while they both lived and worked in Portugal. It’s primarily understood that ‘Miguel Avilá’ was brought to the label to help produce for ‘Tahlia’ throughout her career at the label due to their already existing friendship and his ability to speak both English and Brazilian which helped ‘Tahlia’ while she was getting to grips with the new language. Since moving across to the United States, it’s been a couple of years between arriving in the country and signing a record deal to the official release of her debut single “Sun-Kissed”. During that two year period, as well as learning English, she has been hard at work with a string of songwriters and producers in order to develop her abilities and work on material for her debut album. She did make an appearance at ‘Bring the Heat Festival’ in the summer of 2023 where she showcased two original songs “Sun-Kissed” and “Bad Guys” as well as a medley of “Bad Behaviour” by Suzie and “Boots” by Andrea. Showcasing her high-energy performance and sultry vocal and visual style. Following the performance there was some buzz online over the artist with many new fans excited to finally hear what these songs sounded in an official release.

“Sun-Kissed” is a Latin-influenced, mid-tempo track with hints of afro-beat tones pulsating throughout the almost four-minute-long track. Strong rhythmic Caribbean drumming is the first instrumental input heard in the song and drives the rhythm of the entirety of the track throughout. On her first ever English-language release, ‘Tahlia’ sings noticeably with a strong Brazilian accent which just serves to add to the summer and beach-party inspired track. Alongside the rhythmic drum beat that dominates the track, we can also hear a little bass at certain points, but the second most primary instrument on show is the Latin-influenced piano riffs. The track begins with a spoken intro by Tahlia taken from the studio sessions, heard speaking in her native tongue of Brazilian, she can be heard asking her producer to turn the audio up in her microphone, although it’s something many wouldn’t pay too much attention to, it’s thought that it’s included to introduce people to Tahlia in her truest form before she adapts to English language with her performance. The track’s mid-tempo pacing gives it a strong chilled out vibe and allows Tahlia to showcase the subtle accents and runs in her vocal delivery, after the first chorus it picks up a little in pace but primarily keeps things at a relaxing steady pace, perfect listening while laying on a beach with a drink in hand.

The track was written in the summer of 2023 as one of the first tracks written since making the move to the United States. It was primarily written by upcoming songwriter Abella Diaz along with Tahlia’s input, Abella’s fluency in both Brazilian and English helped bridge the language barrier and put Tahlia’s initial ideas into song. It was recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios in West Hollywood, California around April and May of 2024 as part of the first run of studio sessions for her eventual debut album. It was produced by longtime friend and collaborator Miguel Avilá and will be released on September 28, 2024 as a CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single and made available to Weekly Airplay worldwide via ‘Royale Vices & Virtues INC’.

Song Description;

The sound of faint music can be heard in the background before Tahlia’s natural speaking voice is heard, “Eatamos Rolando? Eu não consigo ouvir a batida. Espere, você pode aumentar o volume? Oh merda, isso é bom, isso é bom, Estamos realmente vibrando agora” which loosely translates to Tahlia asking, “Are we rolling? I can’t hear the beat. Hold up, can you make it louder? Oh shit, that’s good, that’s good, we really fucking vibing now.” as she interacts with her producer Miguel Avilá from recording booth to control room. As she finishes talking, the sound of the track now comes into full audio as the strong afro-beats influenced rhythm dominates the opening stages of the song, meshing well with the Brazilian accent in Tahlia’s English singing vocal as she matches the rhythm and beat with a vocal delivery that is both perfectly on key and alluring and sensual at the same time, “The sun beating down on my tanned skin/Shades on, sipping Sangria/Scouting for talent like a devil looking for her next sin/Abs for days, I like em’ ripped and handsome/Classy for the courtship/Hardcore when we’re romancing.” and with the intro and opening verse, we’re finally introduced to Tahlia.

Following the opening verse, we’re then given the songs pre-chorus and chorus combination, the inclusion of Latin-influenced piano riffs add a little extra melody to the track as again Tahlia delivers her vocals that perfectly match the tone and style of the music and lyrics, “Sun beating down on my naked body/Legs spread out, bathing in the sand/The heat’s got me feeling all kinds of naughty/Sippin’ on liquor/Looking for a one-night stand.” which is quickly followed by the tracks chorus, her vocal range lifting slightly as she delivers it confidently, “Oh, I know you love your girl sun-kissed/I love my men so fit/Throw me around the hotel room/Passion so hot/Never gonna cool/Oh, I know you love your girl sun-kissed/I love my men so fit/Throw me around the hotel room/Passion so hot/Never gonna cool.” which is simplistic and catchy enough to hook enough people in.

The songs pre-chorus comes into play once more serving as a post-chorus which then leads into one final verse from Tahlia, adding the final output of the track, “Oh baby, you know I’m so in the mood/Yeah, I’m feeling naughty/They may think that I’m bad news/But I know that you just can’t ignore me/Perfect curves on this naked skin/Sun beating down got you ready to be my next sin/Deadly stare, come on over/Don’t be afraid/Come a little closer.” she sings in a light-hearted flirtatious manner over the catchy rhythmic drum beats before the songs pre-chorus and chorus return once more to close out the song.

“Sun-Kissed”
(w. Abella Diaz, Tahlia Amorim-Coelho
p. Miguel Avilá)

(intro)
“Estamos Rolando?
Eu não consigo ouvir a batida
Espere, você pode aumentar o volume?
Oh merda, isso é bom, isso é bom
Estamos realmente vibrando agora

The sun beating down on my tanned skin
Shades on, sipping Sangria
Scouting for talent like a devil looking for her next sin
Abs for days, I like em’ ripped and handsome
Classy for the courtship
Hardcore when we’re romancing

Sun beating down on my naked body
Legs spread out, bathing in the sand
The heat’s got me feeling all kinds of naughty
Sippin’ on liquor
Looking for a one-night stand

Oh, I know you love your girl sun-kissed
I love my men so fit
Throw me around the hotel room
Passion so hot
Never gonna cool

I love my men so fit
Passion so hot
Never gonna cool

Sippin’ on liquor

Oh baby, you know I’m so in the mood
Yeah, I’m feeling naughty
They may think that I’m bad news
But I know that you just can’t ignore me
Perfect curves on this naked skin
Sun beating down got you ready to be my next sin
Deadly stare, come on over
Don’t be afraid
Come a little closer

Sippin’ on liquor

I love my men so fit
Passion so hot
Never gonna cool

I love my men so fit
Passion so hot
Never gonna cool”

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Miguel Avilá
Engineered by Miguel Avilá
Mixed by Miguel Avilá
Recorded at Studio 60 Recording Studios, West Hollywood, California, USA

Production Manager: Imani Jasmine Woods
Production Assistant: Vincent Cooper Jr., Haley Dean

PERSONNEL

Tahlia Amorim-Coelho – vocals, lyrics
Abella Diaz – lyrics, composition
Miguel Avilá – composition, production, engineering, mixing
Imani Jasmine Woods – production management
Vincent Cooper Jr. – production management support
Haley Dean – production management support

Sound Alike;

Ayra Starr – “Rush”

Edited by user 28 September 2024 20:26:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Head South Records on 28/09/2024(UTC)