logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 29 December 2009 16:52:03(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I've been noticing this ever since i started roleplaying, some of the characters sound like they were based from real life celebritites..
Actually, my band Reckoner is based on Radiohead with a little bit of my own band.. Plus spme Muse, Queen, and other people, but the characters are actually people i know.. Carl is really my friend, Tristan is really my cousin, JPC is a senior guy but really close with us sophomores, and JC is already in college but once studied in our school and we know each other pretty well..

Edited by user 30 December 2009 02:34:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 30 December 2009 00:13:02(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Musically, I base my bands on real bands.
But the characters' personalities I base most of it on myself and things I find cool.
Or weird.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 30 December 2009 00:16:06(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Billy (Failed Youth): Made him up, meant to be a dude who start's out with good ol' punk intentions, completely clean of most drug's and a vegeterian but soon greed takes him over and he's now pretty much off the rails on heroin.
Jack (''): Made him up to, but kinda based on Sid Vicious, but I've also given him a mental problem so he's pretty much insane.
Ben (The Lost): Based him on Liam Gallagher, but + a bit more of an addictive personality and a little nicer at heart.
Liam (The Lost): Heavily based on Noel Gallagher, + some of Alan Sugar's entrepreneurial skills and Gandhi's wisdom.
Offline Gildermershina  
#4 Posted : 30 December 2009 00:42:23(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
My characters, are based on the supposed Don Van Vliet quote; "There are only five great men and three of them are hamburgers"
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 30 December 2009 01:57:57(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Sophy and Bikki are based on the duality that is me. Sophy is the more sane, secure, feminine, asexual, modhat side of me, Bikki is the more crazy, problematic, masculine, naughty, suffragehat side. Angel and devil, law and chaos, vampire and werewolf, 13 and 14, actual name and sounds like a snack. ;)

Raven Comatose was a Photoshop artist who showed some sideboob, and started her musical career because Elliot wanted me to include the words "Heart In One Hand" in my 1,000th post. (Almost as daft as Stacy telling Gemma to kill off her character because his name sounded like a sandwich bar. What happens behind the scenes of RP is way more fun than the actual forum.) Since then, I've developed her more than any other character, made her "better" than anyone else, given her the most attention, and now she's just made to be a "Mary Sue". She is talented to extremes, has a beautiful body, has a tragic past, everyone loves her, and did I mention she's beautiful and talented?

Firecracker 47, though they have deviated from this by lots, started out being based on my cats. Joshy, the smiley one; Roxy, the chubby one; James, the badass one; Mikki, the slutty one. Seemed to make for a good set of basic personalities which I could build on. And so I did.

Kaethe is based on her catchphrase, "My name Kaethe and I like mashed potato" - I kind of worked up from there. She was my first ever TRSG character. (:
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6 Posted : 30 December 2009 02:04:01(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Clear Vision, mainly Blaine, have their personas similar to Coldplay, because those guys are calm in public and sometimes a little nervous, which I found intriguing for a character, not saying their in-game music is the same as Coldplay's.
The Empire are based on The Vines.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline old.gregg  
#7 Posted : 30 December 2009 03:43:22(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Jakey Comatose is based on Conor Oberst, pretty much. Varying musical syles, taking the lead and being my only character.
-
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#8 Posted : 30 December 2009 03:51:28(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Views messages in topic : 18,252
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce is a reflection on how I would be as a pop artist. Fierce does not relate to what Beyonce thinks is fierce. Fierce to Stephanie has more depth. Fierce for Beyonce stands for appearance and for Stephanie it stands for inner empowerment. (I will be going more in depth on the word Fierce on an RP I will be posting next year.)
Anyway, my goal by choosing Beyonce was not to make my character like her but to make Stephanie Fierce replace Beyonce and I think I've done a good job. I think when everyone sees Beyonce on TV, magazine or in a blog they think of my character Stephanie Fierce. Don't lie you know you do! I even remember someone here saying, Every time I see Beyonce, its not Beyonce, it is Stephanie Fierce!" I forgot who said that over PM.

Roberto Rios- Stephanie Fierce's nephew. He was adopted by Stephanie Fierce. Currently the youngest to have a #1 single.

The Chickmunk Girls was first named The Chipmunk Girls, but I changed it to the Chickmunk Girls because it sounded wayyyyy cooler. I have yet to enhance their personalities except for Kathy Mason, because Kathy is also in another group and plans to release a solo album. She's also nothing like her character (Britney Spears).

Angel Le Fierce, my first transexual character. He's been criticized for jacking Stephanie Fierce's name and making it his own. He's mentally ill. He swears he's a wolf or animal of some kind. He also thinks people are animals. Yet he can dance better than most pop stars.

Stephanie Ortiz is the ghetto bitch that became famous. She is a bitch, but manages to make some good pop music. "Only if she wasn't so bitchy" many say.
Stephanie Ortiz was often confused with Stephanie Fierce until the difference became clear.

Silver Spoons, was at first meant to be a country band but I changed it so he can be solo. Probably my most creative name. He's among the only few country genre based characters in the TRSG history. He dated Stephanie Fierce for 2 years and he left her for a man after confessing he was bi-sexual and that he was cheating on Stephanie Fierce. To escape from all the drama he hired someone to announce he was dead, but was caught in the long run. He then apologized to his fans and is trying to make a comeback to music and going on tour.

Daniel (Waz Here)- Is to going to be my HUGE RP character. You will learn more about him in March.

The Colonial Dolls- My first ever band or artist (In game only). I am currently developing their personalities.

Dreamer- I've decided to make her a game-only character.

Linda Fea- The biggest bitch in TRSG, she is the female version of Perez Hilton. You will loath her.

Edited by user 30 December 2009 04:01:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline PANIC!  
#9 Posted : 30 December 2009 03:59:42(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan Ross Hernandez; This is the guy I wanted to make, that either you love him or hate him. He is real modest with his success but if he doesn't like your music, he will act like a complete douche bag. I have had him in the past go through a depression, like the rest of my characters, he doesn't have a drug addition or anything. Their all pretty straight-edge. Although he is overly-confident, he is still real down to earth.

Ashley Perry; She's almost completely based off of Hayley Williams. She is short but she's the strong voice in PANIC!, she basically keeps the rest of the guys in line. At the same time she is really spunky and hyper so her character balances out well with the rest of PANIC!.

Gabriel Hunter; His character is the closest to me although he is based off of Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy). He is sort-of the guy version of Ashley, like he keeps the band in line too. He's the best (guy) friend to Hernandez, so he is one of the few voices that Ryan listens too. Hunter's personality is mostly serious when it involves the band since he is the eldest but he's one of those guys you can rely on no matter what. Hunter is one of those characters I really want to develop into a place of their own like Ashley and Ryan.

Nick Asher; This is the only character I would say isn't based on anyone. He's serious at times but not as much as Hunter or Josh, he is really carefree. I've had a difficult developing his persona 'cause he has a strong present live, behind the scenes he just tries to stay out of everyone's way and just focus on his own life.

Josh + Joey Fallon; The brother duo is based off Paramore's brothers, Josh and Zac Farro. These two I haven't developed much. Josh has a extremely serious personality, although he cuts loose when playing music, most of the time he is very uptight. Joey on the other hand doesn't think anything is a problem in life. He is carefree, but he always looks at the positive side of everything. I guess I've made him that way because he is the youngest of the band.

Edited by user 30 December 2009 04:03:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#10 Posted : 30 December 2009 04:01:51(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Jimmy Him: Originally Iggy Pop, self destructive,drug addict,wild,out of control.Now I guess he would be a mix of Iggy Pop, and well I guess that's all, just more metal lol.Then there's a bit of myself and Alexi Laiho when it comes to his appearance, feminine features, and small stature.

Davey Matlock:I made him originally as the calm one in the group.Like Mike Dirnt from Green Day I guess.But at the same time I wanted to show that bassists can be an integral part of songwriting and things like that so Cliff Burton too.

Kit Saunders: Keith Moon, he's completely insane but the best at what he does.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Laurelles1  
#11 Posted : 30 December 2009 04:09:09(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason Smith: Basically Claudio Sanchez with less awesome hair. Modest, geeky and a great rythm guitarist.

Aaron Del Potro: He's sort of the leader character in all this, based on Billy Corgan in a way. He's a mad genius and is constantly trying to think of new songs and ways to make money off of people.

Harry Thornton: A grumpy old bastard, who has previously been convicted of assault one night when someone called him a 'tosser' I didn't base him on anybody really. He's extremely picky and has a bad thing to say about everybody and anybody. However, deep inside he's a nice guy, a little like Scrooge.

Robert Edwards: The sensible one. Enough said.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline tension101  
#12 Posted : 30 December 2009 05:37:58(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Selem Cannonball - Matt Tuck in appearance, but with the ability to do amazingly brutal (yet melodic in some way) growls and pig squeels. In personality, he's the funny yet creative one who thinks in sight rather than sound.

Kobra Knight - Looks like Travis Barker, but plays guitar like a beast with four arms. He (along with SOTK's manager, Tobias Boon) is the spokesman of the band and doesn't appriciate being proven wrong.

Joseph Phury - The mentally insane mega bassist that never truly let loose.

David Pharoh - The experienced mega basiist that just wants respect.

Aaron Bokken - I kinda based him off of my friend Evan. Cocky, smart, and full of himself. But he can drum and sing like a god, only with demons thrown in for good measure.

All of WITIB - Absolute Zero: the screamo band I was in for a few months before Travis and Julian wanted us to be a punk band. To be honest, I don't know what Imma do with them, but I'll think of something.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline HellRaider  
#13 Posted : 31 December 2009 02:43:58(UTC)
HellRaider

Man

Musically, Transferium Project is based off of Dark Tranquillity. Personality-wise, they're completely fictional, although you could say they're based off of every band that's fun to be drunk with.
Transferium Project: Symphonic progressive melodic death metal
Carnage: Brutal old-school death metal
Ancient Legend: Progressive power/shred metal

Offline Marksy  
#14 Posted : 31 December 2009 03:21:05(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Kieran Marks: I based him from a mix of myself, Sean Smith of The Blackout, Oli Sykes of Bring Me The Horizon and Ian Watkins of Lostprophets. He always has to be in the spotlight whenever the band is being interviewed. I'm going to show more of his emotional side of the next year.

Rob Williams: The sensible and mature member of the band , he is the person who keeps Kieran from doing stupid things to himself and im going to show this in a RP soon.

Phil Nind: The member who puts all his efforts into the band, but rarely gets credited for it. Haven't shown much of him yet.

Connor James: Replacement bassist, haven't shown him much.

Matt Norris: The drummer who just shows up, plays drums and keeps to himself most of the time, he is going to show himself alot more next year.