logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<101102103104105>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mt. Epic  
#2041 Posted : 03 January 2010 11:05:27(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Captain Insano wrote:
Aj wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
this place is as deserted as Courtney Love's vagina

I wouldn't say no.

You wouldn't say no to Love's vagina??? You sick, despicable bastard!

her last name doesn't fit for her, why you think Cobain went all crazy?
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Captain Insano  
#2042 Posted : 03 January 2010 11:19:57(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Everytime I hear Love's name these days, I can't help but think of The Cleveland Show (or was it Family Guy?) episode that showed why Cobain shot himself..he was going to have sex with Love and she was spread eagled hideously across the bed and she lets one rip. Cobain excuses himself and you can hear a shot gun go off.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#2043 Posted : 03 January 2010 12:34:16(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)

Yeah, the Cobain thing was in Cleveland Show, I like this clip from family guy.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Raphaela  
#2044 Posted : 03 January 2010 13:31:10(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Man, I seriously cried now while watching an episode of Criminal Minds.
I guess I'm becoming human, at last.

Edited by user 03 January 2010 13:32:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline tension101  
#2045 Posted : 03 January 2010 14:53:13(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Lingerpingerfinger.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline xNightsidex  
#2046 Posted : 04 January 2010 00:40:26(UTC)
xNightsidex

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Aj wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
I got what I was asking for. I've resolved things. The both of us need to sort our heads out, but I can hold my head up. I can now not hurt when I touch my memories.

I'm on my road to recovery :)

Before the flood of sympathy comes on from everyone and you get slightly overwhelmed - nice one mate, no point living in the past, ya gotsa look for the future =]

...que everyone else on the board saying exactly what I just said.

Thus far, you're the only one :P ahah thank youu. I had the worst ED repurcussion last night, and Jason took time to talk me down from it. It continued into the morning, but I feel much much better now thanks to some advice from friends.

Jason and I have spoken, but likely won't speak before college, but he promised to devote some time to seeing me then :)
Offline bikz  
#2047 Posted : 04 January 2010 02:21:58(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
xNightsidex wrote:
I had the worst ED repurcussion last night

Me too - I want my own Jason type person. :( Glad that you're doing better, Lewis. (: This is kind of weird - first I was jealous of you because you were (and no doubt still are) thinner than me, now I'm jealous of you because you're recovering better. :| And I started my recovery attempt before you did. No fair, you're just the best. Can I be you?

Edited by user 04 January 2010 03:39:48(UTC)  | Reason: I'm a little teapot, short and stout, here's my handle, here's my spout. bkx.

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troymazing  
#2048 Posted : 04 January 2010 03:59:41(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What does ED mean? In the states it stands for erectile dysfunction, and I doubt you're talking about that, ahahahah.
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline xNightsidex  
#2049 Posted : 04 January 2010 04:04:29(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Eating disorder. Bulimia, to be specific.

She's a smart girl, and may find this post one day, but I was talking to Jason's last love and have been for a day or so, because I feel the need to right bits where I've fucked up and felt I've made someone's life worse, and despite I never posted specifically, she tagged on the end of one of her emails she was concerned about my acid reflux problem. I never posted it was that specifically, so I was quite shocked someone clocked me so fast.

As I said, she's a very smart lass. :)

And Bik, I'm far from being the best ahah. I just have had quite a few lucky breaks dealt to me by karma after the utter sacking she gave me a few nights ago I suppose. ;3
Offline bikz  
#2050 Posted : 04 January 2010 04:26:54(UTC)
bikz

Woman

xNightsidex wrote:
Eating disorder. Bulimia, to be specific.

And Bik, I'm far from being the best ahah.

Whoa, didn't know you were bulimic - always took you as the flashy anorectic who has the ubercontrol to get skinny and recover too while not batting an eyelid unless it's to strike a pose for the camera, and me as the gauche, pukey, legal druggie bulimic slash night eater. Guess I clocked you wrong.

You ARE the best. You give off the impression that you're wearing a halo. It's so easy to admire you. Ask Miles (I'm surprised Nic hasn't randomly dumped him yet, I expected that as soon as you and Jason split - heh, luvya really Miley), ask Elliot, ask Troy, ask your MySpace fangirls (actually, no, don't, that won't end well), ask anyone. It's true.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline xNightsidex  
#2051 Posted : 04 January 2010 05:14:05(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

They say people who talk about themselves on the internet are attention whores, but what the hell, I'll let you all in on my life a little. Hell, even Elliot didn't really more than vague information until I told him earlier this morning when I was panicking because I thought I was going to die of starvation or thirst when I couldn't keep a sip of water down. I keep some pieces of my life shut away, so I have to polish that halo I apparantly have a fair bit, ahah.

I'm an incredibly self-destructive person when I want to be, but for all the wrong reasons. I don't see it as hating myself, I see it as self-improvement. As twisted as it is, one of my many ex's taught me that one, being a fluctuating anorexic and pro-ana himself. Getting caught up in self-grandising is a very easy thing to do, especially when you have a massive ego like me. Therefore sticking your fingers down your throat and eating less than half your recommended daily amount of calories, causing you to drop from 11.9 stone to 9.7 becomes the easiest and most appealing thing in the world.

My bulimia WAS mixed with anorexia in a way, but not in an extreme sense. I don't have the amazing self-control to be able to eat nothing, unless I can really drill the habit into me, which I never wanted to do. Hence the quick recovery. The repurcussions I get from bulimia, in the form of wonderfully developed and unpredictable GER (Gastroesophageal Reflux - where the valve between your esophagus and stomach doesn't function properly due to forced vomitting, and acid makes its way back into the food pipe and sometimes mouth, and is like real bad indigestion. All food and drink is rejected.) was something I never saw coming and something I wish I could have stopped. But in retrospect, would I have really?

I guess the idea started back in Summer when my friend and I had the competition to lose a stone. I managed pretty damn effectively cutting a lot of my diet, turning essentially vegetarian, and generally having the self-control and brutality to make my body accept half the amount it was used to. I overstepped my boundaries at times. When I did the no-carb diet, I collapsed after a few days in public, and fucked my sleeping patterns royally. I was constantly tired and angry. So I had to do something else but I was running out of ways to go.

Bulimia is something that I tried shortly before this time, and automatically turned back to at lack of a better approach. And it proved the most wonderfully easy thing in the world. Logic says that bulimia maintains a constant weight, but it's untrue if your metabolism runs as stupidly high as mine, and I'd researched prior into ways to make it run as fast as it possibly could with minimal effort. Hello, Green Tea, Cayenne Pepper, and Citrus extract. That, in hand with eating less than 1500 calories everyday for several months, pretty much ensured the weight literally dropped off me. First my face, then my chest and arms, then my stomach and legs. And it all happened in the space of September to November.

Sadly during this time, I developed GER, and the worst thing about it, is that you never know when it'll happen. But it's something I found was drilled in sync with my subconscious, and sadly, being diagnosed in life prior to this with acute anxiety, means this combination did not bode well. These intervals where I suffered would come after I eat the littlest thing sometimes, and would proceed to see me throw up my entire stomach contents at my own will in an effort to feel better, because I felt I couldn't breathe, or something was stuck. This was royally awful, especially if out in a public place, which is exactly what happened last night.

And prior to last night, the worst bought I've had lasted 40 minutes, and I had the fortunate help of having my mother at home. She however, just thinks I eat too fast. Now, last night, it carried over to the next morning, without being able to eat or drink anything. It lasted 17 hours. And the thing that panicked me the most was it hadn't happened since before I started things with Jason. So you have the feeling of being helpless because there's nothing you can do about it.

Somehow, I came down. I calmed down. Elliot and a family friend managed to talk me down, after Jason did the night before, and combined with my tutor's dietary advice, I somehow fixed it and the pressure subsided, and I found I could eat a slice of bread.

Now, I've typed an essay and half here, but my words of advice, never force yourself into an Eating Disorder. It becomes one horrendous game, and it's something which you could end up stuck with. This could potentially follow me for the rest of my life, and having anxiety issues as well, this could indeed be the case with me. The most horrific thing is that I'll never know when it'll happen, and with Jason I forgot about it entirely. But now, I don't know how it's going to affect me.

Sure, I have 9.8 stone of body weight (I put back on .3 when I was with Jason) right now. Far below the norm for the average 6'1" 17-18 year old male. I'm fucking over the moon with that. But getting it this way, wasn't entirely worth it.

Edited by user 04 January 2010 06:01:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#2052 Posted : 04 January 2010 06:37:08(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Ah screw it. I'll join in a little. I edited out most of the post before my last one because I felt I'd said too much. Here's my bit of story.

I've been at this for eight years. Yes, for a whole third of my life, whether it's been at the back or front of my mind, food problems have bothered me. I've recovered and relapsed more times than I want to remember. I started out with purging aged 16, just as a quick way to lose weight. I didn't even NEED to lose weight, I was 5'1.5", 8st10, basically average. It worked at first. I started secretly bingeing with it, as if I couldn't control myself, but it was OK, I could eat anything as long as I threw it up afterwards, I was safe. Unfortunately, as I said in the last post before I scrapped it, my nails are sharp. I scratched my throat, and couldn't nod my head without it hurting. But I was still bingeing - mainly at night, which is where the night eating syndrome, a form of binge eating disorder, comes in. I was gaining weight. I started restricting food heavily during the day, and got mixed up in the then-popular "pro-ana" community online, for support. Which is a fucking awful thing - whatever disclaimer of "this is for people who have eating disorders and don't want to recover, but we support recovery" they put up, they're going to get people without EDs jumping in on "ana is a lifestyle, not a disease".

Later, I realised that my control wasn't good enough to keep on starving. So I needed more methods. Aged 18, I had just taken up social smoking under pressure from a new boyfriend, found out from an "ana buddy" that cigarette smoke is a good appetite killer, and so I upped my game to 10, 20, 30 a day. I smoked for six years, felt safer with a fag in my hand, recently gave up because I got pneumonia. Fast forward to 2009, after the pneumonia and smoking cessation - my appetite killer gone, I started bingeing and gaining weight again. Needing a new idea, I turned to chemical bulimia, namely a laxative called senna. I was taking four, five, six times the daily recommended dose. I've also attempted to use syrup of ipecac, a poison meant to be used only to force vomit if you've swallowed something worse. Chemical bulimia, be it using laxatives, diuretics, ipecac, or diet pills, is extremely dangerous, particularly for someone like me, taking medications "on the sly" when I'm taking prescribed anticonvulsants, and have no idea if they'll interact, only that the senna pills will make me lose weight. On a side note, laxatives/diuretics only make you lose water weight. Yes, I know, weight is weight, but it's a very short-term loss.

Recovery? Yes, I have tried. Many times. But getting a therapist who is 1. worth their salt and 2. helpful in treating EDs is extremely difficult. Self-treatment? Near futile.

Though I never suffered reflux like Lewis did, and have never been as thin as Lewis, I've taken plenty of blows from purging, bingeing, dieting, cigarettes and senna abuse. My sleeping pattern is screwed completely due to my compulsive "need" to eat at night. Coming off senna has had nasty effects of its own. I have anaemia and have lost some hair due to restriction. The pneumonia, caused by the fags, could have killed me - my lungs were pretty dark. My mind's been fucked with thoughts of just wanting to be taken away and straitjacketed. One night, when I'd taken a lot of senna and when I first tried ipecac, I was afraid to sleep in case I wouldn't wake up. Yup, just a lifestyle.

There is so much I would do to pull the fingers out of the throat of 16-year-old Bikki (and give her a slap while I'm there) and never have had to struggle with bulimia/NES. But, so it looks, I'm stuffed and could be stuck with this for longer. I second what Lewis said .... never get mixed up in eating disorders.

Edited by user 04 January 2010 06:38:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline xNightsidex  
#2053 Posted : 04 January 2010 06:55:21(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

I'm quite fortunate in the sense that I've had many opportunities to take up smoking, but never have. The most I've smoked has been in the past month, purely because people would throw fags at me, and I'd take them to calm me down. That, and for the sense that if I have too many, I'm sick. Which is wonderful as I sober up or feel much better after I've just been sick. I've been there with laxatives, I've been there with ipecac. I spent a portion of a week researching emetics to see exactly how I could go about things. But I never got too far drawn into them, thankfully.

Most diet pills these days are a load of shit. And some of the worse ones you can find are essentially amphetamines, some of the most dangerous things you can probably take to stop eating. If anyone's seen Requiem For A Dream, they'll know why. Chemical bulimia is a terrifying thing.

I'm going back to the doctor soon to get put back on my anxiety meds. I need something to calm me down. I've even got a minor knot in my stomache typing this purely because no one is around and I have nothing to distract myself from just thinking about everything that's happened to me this past month.

Thankfully, all I have to show on the outside are a few scars on the back of my knuckles, which went away when I was with Jason due to my religion use of vitamin E moisturising serum, and my abstinence from mad dieting due to finding "true" happiness, a few spots on my jawline, and slightly yellowed teeth.

Getting myself into the pro-ana mentality was one thing I could never fully immerse myself in, and thank myself for it. I've seen a lot of those communities online and I have too much moral fibre in myself to wish it upon anyone else but myself.
Offline tension101  
#2054 Posted : 04 January 2010 07:53:28(UTC)
tension101

Man

bikz wrote:
Ask Miles (I'm surprised Nic hasn't randomly dumped him yet, I expected that as soon as you and Jason split - heh, luvya really Miley), ask Elliot, ask Troy, ask your MySpace fangirls (actually, no, don't, that won't end well), ask anyone. It's true.

And the day he does is the day I become suicidal. Prolly not, but you get it.

Luvya too Bikki. :D

You guys are amazing to be able to overcome such eating disorders... my friend Julian also has bulemia, and around July/August, he lost 40 lbs in a matter of two weeks, and it drastically fucked up his muscles. He had to go through a complicated series of surgeries that are still in progress. So lemme scratch that: He is going through a series of complicated surgeries. Something similar happened to Shane Dawson not long ago, but not as bad as Julian's, he fucked up bad.

I am thankful to have never been caught up with eating disorders, but there are times when I skip eating one day, and the next I get a really bad stomache ache. I've told my doctor about it, and he says it's perfectly normal, but I believe that's bullshit because Travis, who has the same physic as me and weighs the almost exact same, will skip eating for one day and it wont happen to him. I don't know what that's about, but I think I'm just making more of an arse out of it than is really needed.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline Aj  
#2055 Posted : 04 January 2010 08:02:51(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Got to admit, I've never really understood self inflicted eating disorders. But then again I guess it's one of those thing's you never will unless you live with one. Still, this whole thing is really depressing. Is no one here happy?
Offline xNightsidex  
#2056 Posted : 04 January 2010 08:08:20(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Is anyone truly happy?

No, I'll stop levelling the mood. I'll cheer up, but as I said, I don't really talk about myself in such a sense. I just felt implored to cause I hit a massive peak and kept writing and writing to calm me down.
Offline tension101  
#2057 Posted : 04 January 2010 08:09:40(UTC)
tension101

Man

I'm happy.

:)
Offline Gildermershina  
#2058 Posted : 04 January 2010 08:19:40(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
These things are beyond my comprehension. The way I see the world, I can't even see how anyone drinks alcohol all the time, so this pre-occupation with the physical I cannot wrap my brain around. People talk about all kinds of chemical dependencies, and their links to depression, but I've been depressed on and off for years and during those depressive cycles, I was entirely too despondent to do anything, let alone drown my sorrows, or turn to recreational drugs. Indeed, my own brand of depression is so insular that I can barely even muster the enthusiasm to stand up.

I have always taken the stance that intoxication of any kind is a shortcut to something that feels real but isn't, and people are always turning around at some point and realising they did something stupid because they were pissed, or because they were on drugs. It's like people can't take the responsibility of their own lives, they need to have external things, problems that people can diagnose and compartmentalise. "Oh, it wasn't your fault, you were an alcoholic." Fuck off. At some point you choose to do these things, and you have to take responsibility for it. As if "oh if only I wasn't on this drug, everything would be rosy." That's fucking offensive. I'm stone-cold sober and let me tell you, I got problems too.

I'm not trying to belittle eating disorders or anything, but I definitely think they're painted with this same "it's not me, it's a condition I have" thing. People with eating-disorders and addictions, are rarely victims, and yet they're treated as such, as if all they have to do is get clean and then everything's fine. Well it's not like that at all.

I'm sorry you guys have had eating-disorders and I know it's not easy or anything, so I'm not trying to patronise you here (although I most likely already have), but the way it gets talked about as if it's a disease really pisses me off. I've been on prozac, and I know how people treat you when they hear you have depression. It becomes an excuse. Oh I didn't do this because I was depressed. Oh I screwed that up because of depression. And you buy into it, and it becomes this vicious cycle. But then one day you wake up, and you've been on pills for months and you're making all the same mistakes and you realise that it wasn't the depression that fucked you up, it was you that fucked you up.

But on the plus side, that means you have the power to actually stop yourself. It's hard to face up to, because it's really hard. Seems much easier to just blame it on this thing and try and ignore it. At some stage though you just have to stop yourself, and if you're lucky, there'll be people to help you.

Man it's good to rant.

Happiness is at the end of the rainbow. People are far too obsessed with it frankly. Maybe that's why the drugs, the alcohol, the living-fast-dying-young mentality. Contentment is better, because periods of happiness and sadness will come and go.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Raphaela  
#2059 Posted : 04 January 2010 10:17:54(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Around 3 years ago I actually have tried to self-inflict an eating disorder, but lucky for me that I just can't (if I spend more than 5 hours without eating anything I pass out, and I have an overwhelming fear of throwing up).
I know what it is to be a fat person my entire life, eating disorders seem to be the easiest way out. I remember when I was a lot younger (should be about 7 years old or so), people around my age wouldn't talk to me, I heard people (many times they were kids around my age or even a bit younger) whispering of how fat I was, and that sort of thing. Made me feel like some sort of freak.
It's even worse when you live on a tropical country, and all that people seem to talk about is how small are the bikinis they'll wear on the beach and how much weight they want to lose in order to fit into those and have a 'perfect' body, not counting all the tiny clothes they sell, I find it really hard to find clothes that fit me, they're either too small (all those famous stores we know of) or very big (stores that sell clothes for obese people).

Edited by user 04 January 2010 10:21:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline HellRaider  
#2060 Posted : 05 January 2010 05:45:13(UTC)
HellRaider

Man

I seem to have won two tickets for one of my favourite bands this sunday Dancing My entire day was balls. Massive snowfall, all the roads we're either slippery, full of snow or only partly accessible, my teachers gave me a f*ckload of homework which I have to finish for tomorrow, my girlfriend is sick and I have to do way to many things for my study, or rather, making sure I CAN go study. Then this news came and my whole day is fine. Guess karma really does exist ^^
Transferium Project: Symphonic progressive melodic death metal
Carnage: Brutal old-school death metal
Ancient Legend: Progressive power/shred metal