logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gumba  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2010 23:42:02(UTC)
gumba

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Pilot have surprised themselves with the speed with which they have (nearly) completed their latest album, tentatively titled 'So Are The Cougars'

They have come up with a likely tracklisting, shown below.

1. Sirens (4.24) [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
2. Shots Fired (2.16) [Walkingshaw]
3. Headlines (2.57) [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
4. Seven Seas (3.41) [Walkingshaw & Holland]
5. Let The Lovers Come Together (4.36) [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
6. People Are Animals (3.03) [Holland]
7. The Lights That Dance Between Your Eyes (3.47) [Holland]
8. Cigarettes For Sally (4.09) [Edmondston]
9. Mandurah Dogs (3.39) [Edmondston, Walkingshaw & Holland]
10. Faultlines (5.52) [Walkingshaw & Holland]

Clint Walkingshaw had this to say about the tracks.

"It's sounding like we've finally got angry. There's a lot of shit going on in the world that, even we as tolerant people, are like, 'what the fuck?' The subject matter and the lyrics are pretty dark for a band that used to sing about getting wasted and jerking off back in the day. I guess we're like Green Day in that respect, but not musically like Green Day, god no."

"We've been listening to a lot of Biffy Clyro lately and that's definitely come through on these songs. There's a lot of fun, rock songs that just make you wanna go off, then you listen to the lyrics and it's like, 'oh, they're pissed off.'"

"There's songs about big things, like how it seems that the world is kind of falling apart (Faultlines, Shots Fired) to little things like being pissed off at yourself for gambling too much (Mandurah Dogs) and being pissed off at certain types of girls (Sirens, Cigarettes For Sally)."

"Also, you might have noticed from the song title, we've written a third Sally song to go along with Sally Thirtysomething (off Bullets & Broken Glass) and Cash(ed Up) Cow (off Remember The Future)."

More info to come in due time

Edited by user 01 April 2010 14:22:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline Regan  
#2 Posted : 08 February 2010 08:33:29(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Looking forward to this! If you need a producer or anything from the label don't hesitate to ask!
-Regan Futrell[Quarantine]
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline gumba  
#3 Posted : 08 February 2010 21:14:54(UTC)
gumba

Thanks bro but Clint's produced all our albums since, umm, Six Inches Under Denver I think. He's also available for childrens parties. I mean to produce albums, if anyone wants him.
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline gumba  
#4 Posted : 10 February 2010 00:46:23(UTC)
gumba

Pilot have decided to release a standalone single prior to the release of their next album. The band announced today that the single would go on sale on their website from tomorrow with customers able to both download the single and order a CD copy for $3.00US

"It's kind of sudden, we know, but it's not about sales. We know sales will suffer with the suddenness of it, but we just want to get this music out there to let everyone know we're still capable of making great music, even if we are old codgers," said Clint Walkingshaw.

Lead singer, Nick Edmondson, praised the song, written by Walkingshaw. "It didn't fit on the album because it's too good if you can believe that. It deserves to stand on it's own (with a couple of b-sides). Also it's a really positive song and the album's all kind of pissed off, so there's another reason it didn't go on the album. It's an unashamedly great pop song though, with a brilliant instrumental ending for the last minute and a half that could be a brilliant instrumental song on it's own really."

Clint Walkingshaw explains the song. "It's about splitting up acrimoniously because you realise the girl is just like, wow, such an incredible, stong person who needs to go and be on her own for a bit. It's the most positive break-up song I've ever heard, possibly ever written. The instrumental bit was consciously inspired by 10CC's I'm Mandy, Fly Me. Probably unconsciously inspired by tracks on Biffy Clyro's Only Revolutions album like Bubbles and That Golden Rule. Lots of Biffy Clyro inspiration in our new stuff."

The single features the original b-side Silent Moves At Silent Movies, a synth-driven track written by Edmondson and Catalano, as well as a cover of Sleep-Apnea off Quarantine's album Rx.

Tracklisting

1. The Brightest Star 4:08 [Walkingshaw]
2. Sleep-Apnea 4:18 (Quarantine Cover)
3. Silent Moves At Silent Movies 2:56 [Edmondson & Catalano]

UserPostedImage

This is Pilots first release on Comatose records.

Edited by user 10 February 2010 01:00:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline ExitMusic  
#5 Posted : 10 February 2010 03:54:28(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

Mike: "Your stuffs always quality, keep it up lads"
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...
Offline Regan  
#6 Posted : 10 February 2010 14:15:24(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
gumba wrote:
Pilot have decided to release a standalone single prior to the release of their next album. The band announced today that the single would go on sale on their website from tomorrow with customers able to both download the single and order a CD copy for $3.00US

"It's kind of sudden, we know, but it's not about sales. We know sales will suffer with the suddenness of it, but we just want to get this music out there to let everyone know we're still capable of making great music, even if we are old codgers," said Clint Walkingshaw.

Lead singer, Nick Edmondson, praised the song, written by Walkingshaw. "It didn't fit on the album because it's too good if you can believe that. It deserves to stand on it's own (with a couple of b-sides). Also it's a really positive song and the album's all kind of pissed off, so there's another reason it didn't go on the album. It's an unashamedly great pop song though, with a brilliant instrumental ending for the last minute and a half that could be a brilliant instrumental song on it's own really."

Clint Walkingshaw explains the song. "It's about splitting up acrimoniously because you realise the girl is just like, wow, such an incredible, stong person who needs to go and be on her own for a bit. It's the most positive break-up song I've ever heard, possibly ever written. The instrumental bit was consciously inspired by 10CC's I'm Mandy, Fly Me. Probably unconsciously inspired by tracks on Biffy Clyro's Only Revolutions album like Bubbles and That Golden Rule. Lots of Biffy Clyro inspiration in our new stuff."

The single features the original b-side Silent Moves At Silent Movies, a synth-driven track written by Edmondson and Catalano, as well as a cover of Sleep-Apnea off Quarantine's album Rx.

Tracklisting

1. The Brightest Star 4:08 [Walkingshaw]
2. Sleep-Apnea 4:18 (Quarantine Cover)
3. Silent Moves At Silent Movies 2:56 [Edmondson & Catalano]

UserPostedImage

It's a
This is Pilots first release on Comatose records.

It's an honor to have you guys cover one of our songs. For real. And as for the producing thing I'll make sure to tell 'ole Jakey we have another producer if anyone needs one on the label. Great stuff guys!
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline troy211619  
#7 Posted : 11 February 2010 08:38:20(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Troy:Now THIS is quality music!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#8 Posted : 11 February 2010 09:52:04(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
I love pilot and they have some pilot though the roof music!
UserPostedImage
Offline old.gregg  
#9 Posted : 11 February 2010 10:18:22(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Proof that Pilot are the best rock band ever! Your work is always great, and I'm super excited about the album.

-Jakey Comatose
-
Offline gumba  
#10 Posted : 12 February 2010 00:35:47(UTC)
gumba

Wow, we are truly humbled by this praise, thankyou all so much. I can't believe how far we've come in everyone's eyes since it all started singing songs about getting fucked up and masturbating, and also singing songs having a go at our record label.

- Clint Walkingshaw

Offline Gorloche  
#11 Posted : 14 February 2010 09:17:48(UTC)
Gorloche

Stellar album. I love how you are able to go from releasing three stellar prog rock albums to a hiatus and then return to release one fantastic and mature straight rock album. A lot of the other groups prancing around now could learn something from you guys. You really know how to contour a song. I love the little sonic touches that around the corners of the mix, without taking away from the accessibility of the songs. God damn, you guys are good.

- Langdon
Offline gumba  
#12 Posted : 14 February 2010 21:36:23(UTC)
gumba

Pilot will soon release the lead single off upcoming album 'So Are The Cougars'

Currently the band are deciding whether to release Sirens or Let The Lovers Come Together as the lead single.

"Let The Lovers Come Together is probably the most radio-friendly song on the album, but doesn't represent the album nearly as well as Sirens does. It's an uplifting song while the album is generally pissed off at the state of the world. While the song aludes to being pissed off, its general atmosphere is not so reflective of the whole albums. For that reason we are probably leaning towards Sirens being the lead single but we are currently unsure. We are in the process of creating videos for both." - Clint Walkingshaw.

The band have released lyrics to both songs, as well as Shots Fired, which in the new tracklisting will be the first song on the album.

New tracklisting
1. Shots Fired (2.16) [Walkingshaw]
2. Sirens (4.24) [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
3. Headlines (2.57) [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
4. Seven Seas (3.41) [Walkingshaw & Holland]
5. Let The Lovers Come Together (4.36) [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
6. People Are Animals (3.03) [Holland]
7. The Lights That Dance Between Your Eyes (3.47) [Holland]
8. Cigarettes For Sally (4.09) [Edmondston]
9. Mandurah Dogs (3.39) [Edmondston, Walkingshaw & Holland]
10. Faultlines (5.52) [Walkingshaw & Holland]

Lyrics

Shots Fired
Beating down my head up against my bed
What’s up with the Earth?
Is it really dead?
You’re such a protagonist
And I’m not such an optimist
Is it really dead?
What’s up with these (shots fired in anger) (x8)

Sirens
They draw me in with their promises
Hold my head beneath the water
Outlines of savages
Outlines of a daughter
Their pull’s too strong though I’ve been told
They seem so young but their story’s old
Hold my breath and my tongue
Hold my seams ‘til you spit in my lungs

Sirens, looks like they kill without violence
And their voices so shrill like a pirate
There’s no navigating this pilot
We know that we shan’t but we try it
20/20 hindsight breeds regret
I’m such a fool coz I need it

They drew me in with their promises
Held me up above the carriages
Outlines of savages
Outlines of savages
Attach their hearts to frozen stone
Remove my eyes so I can stay alone

Let The Lovers Come Together
Where has the heart gone?
Everyone just talks of enemies
I’m one for the romance
And one for the ecstasy
Let us be enamoured
And lift our eyes up (Lift our eyes up)

Ohhhhh, we can be everything
Ohhhhh, watch as it’s happening
Let the lovers
Come together
Let us all be
One together

Maybe we’re the ones
Who can bring it back
Keep it all together
And get back on track
Let us be enlivened
And hold our heads up (Hold our heads up)

Let the lovers
Come together
Let us all be
One together

Offline ExitMusic  
#13 Posted : 14 February 2010 21:41:14(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

Mike: "Sirens definately, really love the lyrics to that song."
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline gumba  
#14 Posted : 17 February 2010 01:03:03(UTC)
gumba

Pilot have released Sirens as the lead single off their upcoming album. The release is accompanied by the band's highest budget video clip to date in which the band play Greek explorers and a group of beautiful women on rocks play the band, luring the sailors to their death as they play the song. Only Nick survives the crash and he is captured and put in a cell with other men, all busily writing songs for the Sirens to play to continue to lure sailors to their deaths.

"(The video) was something a bit different. Generally we don't put a lot of effort into the video, just us playing it in some setting and getting shot from different angles. It was nice to put a bit of a story to one finally," said Clint Walkingshaw.

The single is accompanied by two covers as b-sides.

UserPostedImage

Tracklisting

1. Sirens 4.24 [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
2. The Hardest Button To Button (White Stripes Cover) 3.43 [White]
3. Who Feels Love? (Oasis Cover) 5.20 [N Gallagher]

The album is expected to be released in the next few weeks.

Offline Moquel  
#15 Posted : 17 February 2010 09:54:04(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Moquel: I love " Let the Lovers Come Together" Great song!
UserPostedImage
Offline ExitMusic  
#16 Posted : 17 February 2010 10:06:40(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

Mike: "One of my favourate tracks at the moment Sirens so I'm happy it's being released. Good luck with it."
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline gumba  
#17 Posted : 24 February 2010 01:27:30(UTC)
gumba

Pilot have released So Are The Cougars as their 11th studio album (8th not including the prog Allodynia Trilogy).

The tracklisting for the album is as it was most recently reported. Here Nick, Clint and Stephen give their thoughts on the songs.

1. Shots Fired 2.16 [Walkingshaw]

CW: It's designed to knock your socks off and set the tone for the album. There's just a throbbing, angry-sounding beat. The vocals don't start until more than halfway through the songs and the lyrics are pretty angry about how the world is getting a bit fucked up, a constant theme for the album, and Nick just spits the words out like a punk singer from the glory days (of punk rock).
SH: It's like a sonic enema, which I think is a fucking fantastic way to start an album.

2. Sirens 4.24 [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]

NE: This was the first song we wrote for the album. At the time we were planning a big concept album around it where in this song the main character was trying to rescue his Mum from Hell but got sidetracked by these Sirens on this sort of River Styx equivalent and then died. That concept album died in the arse and we played around with the lyrics to just represent the sort of women who use sex to get what they want and reduce good men to blubbering, worthless pieces of shit.
SH: It's featured pretty heavily on the radio, I'm sure you've all heard it. It's a good mix of a musically and lyrically clever song that even people that only listen to really radio-friendly stuff can enjoy. Like Muse or Biffy Clyro's new stuff I think.

3. Headlines 2.57 [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]

CW: This song was written way, way, way before the public...disagreement with Ryan Ross Hernandez, but it was largely inspired by him anyway. And the other musicians that seem to live their life in the tabloids. It's just an air of bewilderment more than anger really...it might not come across that way but that's how it was intended.
NE: It's a belter too. A likely single too. It's just got this energy that's very unbecoming of men our age. I think it's the best (debut album) Bullets & Broken Glass song not on Bullets & Broken Glass.
SH: It's probably a bit more mature, lyrically atleast, than a lot of the stuff on B&BG. Not finishing the chorus with "Give me head," instead of "give me headlines," though, that's a touch of adult-adolescence.

4. Seven Seas 3.41 [Edmondson & Holland]

SH: Probably the only thing standing in teh way of this being a single is the frequent references to vomit. It's using a boozy ocean cruise as a metaphor for sailing through life and wasting opportunities.
CW: Both this and Sirens have a certain sea-shanty quality to them. The music tries to capture the feeling of being on this drunken cruise, swaying with the waves and having a certain feeling that it's on the brink of capsizing and going to shit, but never going there. Stephen and I worked harder on this song than on probably any other song either of us have written, other than the Allodynia stuff. It was a real concept this song that we didn't want to make sound too intellectual.

5. Let The Lovers Come Together 4.36 [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]

CW: Just a really beautiful song. We try to fit atleast one on every album. It's that same style as Song To Fall In Love To, Brothers & Sisters, Amy. Just a great song to put your arm around your lover or your best friend and belt out at the top of your lungs.
NE: It does elude to the fact that the world's a bit fucked, but it just brings that bit of hope to the album. We thought the halfway point was the best spot to put this song to stop people from wanting to slash their wrists with all the bummed-out lyrics.

6. People Are Animals 3.03 [Holland]

SH: I wrote this song after we went to clean out my deceased grandmother's old house and found that squatters had been in it and just trashed everything. I was so fucking pissed off that people would just not give a shit like that and this song was how I vented my anger. If I find who did it though I've still got enough anger about it to beat their fucking faces in.
CW: It's just a snarly motherfucker of a song. I think the music and the vocals have found a place somewhere between indie and metal that there's not much like.
NE: Maybe some Nine Inch Nails? I think it's a bit Trent Reznor-y

7. The Lights That Dance Between Your Eyes 3:47 [Holland]

SH: This title came to me and I felt like I had to write a song around it. I tried and tried to turn it into a love song but it sounded shit. Then one night I woke up at like three in the morning with this thought in my head. "It's not a love song, it's a war song." I went down to the studio and wrote it before the sun came up, then went back to sleep. I think this song came from somewhere else and I'm just the vessel for it. It all just came out of me, I didn't work for it at all...I'll take the royalties though.
CW: This song is probably the most we've ever sounded like The Music. Which is probably more evidence for the fact that Stephen's just a vessel for it to be written, coz when we try to sound like The Music, we generally suck at it.

8. Cigarettes For Sally 4.09 [Edmonston & Holland]

CW: Ah, another Sally song.
NE: I don't know if we'll do a Sally song with every album now, but she's a good means of taking shit out on women of certain ages that do things that piss us off.
SH: She's like 50 in this one. Next song she'll have to be an old, noisy bitch, then she'll probably die or go mental or something.
CW: Or someone will kill her. This song sounds the most Pilot-y of any song on the album I think. It really recalls that simple, fun, bouncy rock of...well the other Sally songs (Sally Thirtysomething and Cash(ed Up) Cow) for example.

9. Mandurah Dogs 3:39 [Edmonston, Walkingshaw & Holland]

SH: This song takes some listening too before you like it. It's one of those one's you'll skip past on your second and third listen to the album. Then you'll give it a second go. You'll think you still don't like it then you'll catch yourself singing it in your head. Then you'll hear it again and realise you love it. Everyone I've played it to so far has told me that or something similar so stick with it.
CW: Yeah. It worked like that for us too. We were thinking of leaving it off the album but something about it just made us want to keep it. Now we love it.
NE: It's abrasive at first but the more you listen to it the more the layers seem to work. It's a bit like Mars Volta's stuff off The Bedlam In Goliath, but not quite as mental.

10. Faultlines 5.52 [Walkingshaw & Holland]
CW: You've gotta finish with something epic. This is a big one that we threw the kitchen sink at. Horns, piano, organ, synths it's big.
NE: You just can't ignore it. I guess some people don't like big, sweeping songs like this but, as far as big, sweeping songs go I think it's fucking huge.
SH: The great thing is it's a huge, call-to-arms of a song that's singing about how the world is so fucked up. From a certain perspective it could be seen as being on the side of destruction, but our intention is...err, we need to fucking do something about this, you know?

UserPostedImage

Complete album lyrics to follow.

Offline gumba  
#18 Posted : 28 February 2010 15:39:31(UTC)
gumba

Shots Fired
Beating down my head up against my bed
Is it really dead?
You’re such a protagonist
And I’m not such an optimist
Is it really dead?
What’s up with these (shots fired in anger) (x8)
Fade out

Sirens
They draw me in with their promises
Hold my head beneath the water
Outlines of savages
Outlines of a daughter
Their pull’s too strong though I’ve been told
They seem so young but their story’s old

They drew me in with their promises
Held me up above the carriages
Outlines of savages
Outlines of savages
Attach their hearts to frozen stone
Remove my eyes so I can stay alone

Headlines
If there’s nowhere to go then I’m already there
Maybe that’s the reason why you’re stealing my air
Who’s to say I’m stupid if I know who you are?
Why can’t it be simple if you shine like a star?
That’s what I asked for, that’s what I’ll get
Just get out of my head, just get out of my head

Headlines, feed the masses with your bullshit
It’s all bullshit
Headlines, give me headlines give me headlines
Give me head

Some days ain’t worth waking up for
Papers stained and fucking boring
I’m so tired, what you in for?
Gun went off it gave no warning

Hold this tableau for a second til it’s stuck in your brain
Or maybe you’d prefer some more of the same
Tape back your ears when you’re trying to meet me
Turn off the TV coz it’s trying to eat me

Headlines, feed the masses with your bullshit
It’s all bullshit
Headlines, give me headlines give me headlines
Give me head

Seven Seas
Come aboard 7,6,5,4 and so on
No one ever told me how to live
Did you make your plans or just go with the ocean?

Sail the seven seas with me til we vomit over the edges
Sail the seven seas
We’ve got no map
Just scurvy and dysentery

Help comes our way
Bat it away
Join the party
And just keep drinking
Life boats broke off
Signals got lost
I’m so pissed off
I just keep drinking

Sail the seven seas
We’ve got no map

And maybe our time ran out
Is this it? I can’t figure out
Why we had everything
And threw it over the edges
The signals went overboard
We woke on uncertain shores
Carry me to the cave in the distance
Carry my legs coz they’re aching with shitness

Sail the seven seas
We’ve got no map

Let The Lovers Come Together
Where has the heart gone?
Everyone just talks of enemies
I’m one for the romance
And one for the ecstasy
Let us be enamoured
And lift our eyes up (Lift our eyes up)

Let the lovers
Come together
Let us all be
One together

Maybe we’re the ones
Who can bring it back
Keep it all together
And get back on track
Let us be enlivened
And hold our heads up (Hold our heads up)

Let the lovers
Come together
Let us all be
One together

People Are Animals

Welcome home to a world made shit
Why don’t you just walk in
Why don’t you just break this
Maybe if I could have
Seen your face I’d break it
Why don’t you just walk in
Why don’t you just break shit

I don’t know why
I’m so surprised
People are animals (x8)

If you’re so alone then be so alone somewhere else
Catch my drift? Say your words and then eat them
Tell me a lie and I’ll watch you cry
For mercy

Down on your luck or just being a c**t
I really don’t care coz you’ve fucking brought one
Shitstorm your way and a drowning tide
Maybe you’ll leave, yeah, best you should hide

I don’t know why
I’m so surprised
People are animals (x8)

The Lights That Dance Between Your EyesTake in the moon from deep in a desert
Eyes to the sky on full alert
Alive and well but strolling through hell
Like you own the place (You own the place)
Asleep at the wheel with nothing to feel
A catchcry to the sideline
Who resist the urge to bring you back
Like it wasn’t there in the first place

The lights that dance between your eyes
Shine like they signal your demise
Stop dead and stare into it
From the back you can see right through it
The lights that dance inside your mind
Close up like nothing all the time
Stay up to think right through it
Fall asleep and get back to it

Take in the sun as it burns in a sandstorm
Keep clear your eyes and keep yourself warm
Alive and well but strolling through hell
Like it wasn’t there in the first place
Hands up to the sky
With mouths open wide
Hands up, up, up, up, up

The lights that dance between your eyes
Shine like they signal your demise
Stop dead and stare into it
From the back you can see right through it
The lights that dance inside your mind
Close up like nothing all the time
Stay up to think right through it
Fall asleep and get back to it
Up, up, up, up
Up, up, up, up

Cigarettes For Sally
Oh shit, she’s had a migraine one day
Better step out in the rain
Better step out to get your play
Ohhhhh
You better get those cigarettes for Sally
Coz she’s gotta have ‘em
She’s just gotta have ‘em
Or a shitstorm’ll fall on you
Ohhhhh
Like it or not you’re a lost piece of cock
And your spells never cast in the rainclouds
You’re not the one who lost it on fun
And acts like your just so fucking proud
Ohhhhh
Coz she’s gotta have ‘em
She’s just gotta have ‘em
Or a shitstorm’ll fall on you, boy
A shitstorm’ll fall on you

Mandurah Dogs
I’m winning, I’m winning, I’m winning, I’m winning
I better stop myself before I lose myself
In this game
Light it up or just try to stay the same
Maybe I’m sorry baby
Maybe I was wrong

Shape yourself to rape yourself
To give yourself a chance
If you deserve it
Do you deserve it?
Do you deserve to watch them dance
Maybe I’m sorry baby
Maybe I was wrong

Watch the Mandurah Dogs
And their flesh as pleasure
Watch the Mandurah Dogs
Like they’re chasing leisure
I’m caught in this web so you can have me if you like

Faultlines
Rush, rush everyone, get it in your head
I must be dreaming or I must be dead
How did we turn this green so black
Do we love decay or are we one crack?
‘It’ll be alright’ you say, ‘yeah it’ll be okay’
Let’s just wait for one more day
Yeah baby, let’s just wait

I see the cracks form ‘round us like faultlines
Bad times
Start to fight to get it right but faultlines
Every time
Maybe we’ve left it too late
A shattered floor that can’t take our weight
Is all we’ve got to lean on

Why are you brighter, coz still you’re a minor
So where is the future for you?
Shake shake shake, shake the Earth til it breaks
And I’m just a dick with a spoon
Let’s just wait
I can smell the answer, yeah, but let’s just wait
Pennies for my thoughts, exhausted, that’s just great
Let’s not consume our thoughts please baby, let’s just wait
Let’s just wait

I see the cracks form ‘round us like faultlines
Bad times
Start to fight to get it right but faultlines
Every time
Maybe we’ve left it too late
A shattered floor that can’t take our weight
Is all we’ve got to lean on

Offline Gorloche  
#19 Posted : 28 February 2010 17:37:14(UTC)
Gorloche

I love how you guys are slowly re-incorporating progressive touches into your sound now that you've sort of vented those feelings with the Allodynia trilogy. This album sounds great, very very solid, but I can't help but think of what your next one might sound like, with prog cutting in a little deeper but being just piece of the wonderful stew that is your music.

Basically, I buy whatever you guys put out now, but I've been like that for a while, so that's not really news. Keep up the good work. You make some of the best rock music.

- Langdon
Offline gumba  
#20 Posted : 01 March 2010 18:43:13(UTC)
gumba

Just thought we'd add that we've released Let The Lovers Come Together as the sexond single off the album.

B-sides are a cover of Fire, by Kasabian and also a track Andrew wrote called I'm Sitting On A Fence And I Know Nothing, which is this eerie, slow song. A bit like Keane in a haunted house. The lyrics are kind of like a mix of Conor Oberst and...that guy from Deathcab For Cutie and The Postal Service. About being just really down and unconfident in yourself.

UserPostedImage

Tracklist.

1. Let The Lovers Come Together (4.36) [Edmondson, Walkingshaw & Holland]
2. Fire (Kasabian Cover) (4.22) [Pizzorno]
3. I'm Sitting On A Fence And I Know Nothing (3.01) [Blackwell]