logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ExitMusic  
#1 Posted : 12 February 2010 09:15:21(UTC)
ExitMusic

Groups: Registered
Man

EXIT.COM

Home | News | Biography | Gigs | Photos | Releases | Videos | Contact | Store |

UserPostedImage

The Band:

UserPostedImage

Mike Widdows
Lead Vocals and Rhythm Guitar

UserPostedImage

Chip Horton
Lead Guitar

UserPostedImage

Greg Birch
Bass Guitar and Backing Vocals

UserPostedImage

Bill O'Neill
Drums

Edited by user 01 April 2010 04:07:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...
Offline ExitMusic  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2010 10:05:48(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

Exit Perform First Gig Since First Studio Album

Exit performed their first gig under the spotlight last night at Lux in Wigan. The gig was almost cancelled due to there being fears of overcrowding. Around 2000 people crammed inside the small nightclub in Wigan, although there were around 500 who tried and failed to get in.

Bill first of all took to the stage and got comfortable and started drumming to the tune of debut single 'Pride'. Following this out came bassist Greg. Followed by Lead guitarist Chip who began to encourage the crowd, and then lead singer and rhythm guitarist Mike arrived on the stage with a pint glass of presumably lager in his hand, he finally placed it down, picked up his guitar and began to sing to 'Pride'

Following this was heckling by the crowd and Mike introducing the band before going into 'Jazz Hand'. The fast paced song was loved by the crowd.

They went on to play all the rest of their debut album including the new single announced today 'Three Months'. They also played two covers, 'Someday' by The Strokes and 'Born To Run' by Bruce Springsteen. They played their final song 'Town In Recluse' before returning to the stage to do an encore playing tracks 'By The River' and finishing on a cover by playing the Arctic Monkeys song and one of Exit's B-Sides 'A Certain Romance'

Overall a very impressive performance by the lads, although they might need some more space next time.

Paul Townsend

Edited by user 12 February 2010 10:07:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline ExitMusic  
#3 Posted : 14 February 2010 05:16:20(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

'Three Months' to be released in two weeks time.

Exit have announced that their next single from their self titled album 'Exit' is to be released in two weeks time. The track 'Three Months is to be released with the B-Sides 'Varieties' and 'Flashing Red Lights'.

Artwork to follow soonish...

Edited by user 14 February 2010 05:17:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline ExitMusic  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2010 05:51:57(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

'Three Months' artwork revealed.

Hope you enjoy it :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline ExitMusic  
#5 Posted : 14 February 2010 21:07:22(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

Pre-Order 'Three Months' now

Exits next single 'Three Months' is a week away from release. However you can pre-order the single now on the website. Please buy a copy as 70% of proceeds go to Wigan and Leigh Hospice.

Track Listing:

1.Three Months(3:33)
2.Flashing Red Lights(2:40)
3.Varieties(2:50)
4.Faces(4:50)*

Three Months: www.exitmusic.com/store/threemonths

*Hidden track, only recieved if pre-ordered online.

Edited by user 14 February 2010 21:22:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline gumba  
#6 Posted : 14 February 2010 21:40:26(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Guess we'll buy it if its for charity. Sure the songs are great, just the artwork makes us want to not buy it. In fact it makes me want to vomit in my soup.

- Stephen Holland
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline ExitMusic  
#7 Posted : 14 February 2010 21:46:31(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

Mike: "I don't know what you mean, I think Greg's girlfriend looks marvelous..."

Greg: "Eh!?!?!"
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline ExitMusic  
#8 Posted : 15 February 2010 10:08:33(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

'Three Months' reaches 6 in the charts

Exits second single has reached number six in the UK charts. It is expected to reach higher in its second week. Widdows described this as an extraordinary achievement.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Moquel  
#9 Posted : 16 February 2010 08:23:32(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
ExitMusic wrote:
EXIT.COM

'Three Months' reaches 6 in the charts

Exits second single has reached number six in the UK charts. It is expected to reach higher in its second week. Widdows described this as an extraordinary achievement.

Comment From Vistor: A big fan! I'm so glad you are so success in music! I love the album!
UserPostedImage
Offline ExitMusic  
#10 Posted : 19 February 2010 22:13:43(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

'By The River' To Be Released Next Week

UserPostedImage

Yep Exit are ready to dish out another single. The new single is track number seven off the debut album and is to be released with B-Sides 'Someday' which is a Strokes cover, and 614.

Mike already announced that this would be Exit's last single before returning to the studio and gigging. Greg told the website that he was 'very excited' and that it was a promising track. Help Exit get to number one by pre-ordering the single below.

By The River-Pre Order Here

Edited by user 19 February 2010 22:24:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline ExitMusic  
#11 Posted : 23 February 2010 08:32:22(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

UserPostedImage

Thanking You...and a bit of extra Exit news by Mike

Alright. Just a brief message from me(Mike). Just wanted to thank all the people who bought our releases from our debut album. You have made us what we are, one of the biggest new rock bands on the planet. We worked hard on the album and I believe we made a historic album, but it is all down to you guys.

We have agreed to join Jakey Comatose on his tours of Australia and the UK as a support act. By the time we play these gigs we hope to have new material released, thus we are looking for a producer and a recording studio if anybody is interested....*Hint Hint*

We already have demo recordings of around twenty songs that could possibly be included on the album. We will pick the best tracks to record and place on the new album.

Also delighted that my team Everton beat Man Utd at the weekend 3-1. I flew over to get to the match and I'm glad I didn't miss it. Well done lads and keep climbing up the table.

We also wanna thank Reckoner for making such a great album, it is supplying great dressing room music.

But more seriously, we'd like to send our deepest condolences to the family of Stephanie Fierce who passed away today(I think). Obviously a tragic incident, but then again so was her music.

Must admit we're missing Britain now as we tour the U.S. Of A but keep smiling, and come see us gig.

Mike x

Edited by user 23 February 2010 08:33:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Moquel  
#12 Posted : 23 February 2010 10:39:20(UTC)
Moquel

Hollyzone: I'm a big fan of you guys! Thanks for the generous message.
UserPostedImage
Offline ExitMusic  
#13 Posted : 27 February 2010 09:10:14(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

UserPostedImage

Secret Gig At Liverpool Pub Reveals New Tracks

Exit last night played a gig to an audience of around two hundred people at The Spellow in Liverpool. The pub is located next to Everton Football Clubs ground Goodison Park and they revealed new tracks from suspectedly their next album. They introduced the new tracks by name and has caused excitement around the world. They opened with Pride as usual and went straight into a new song with Mike pronouncing that this song was called 'Shoelaces' and telling the crowd that it would be Exit's future single and there would be a very special guest recording it with them. The new song was one of a catchy nature and had the venue bouncing. They went on to play favourates from their debut album including 'Three Months', 'By The River' and 'Answer Me'. They finished the set on Town In Recluse, before returning for an encore which included new songs 'To The City' and 'Goodison Nights' which Widdows explained was a tribute song written about his beloved Everton Football Club.

Exit Played:

Pride
Shoelaces*
This Hedonist*
Answer Me
Jazz Hand
Dirty Cobbles*
Funny Cigarettes*
I Don't Remember*
By The River
Three Months
Love and Hate
Guests*
Pathetic Fallacy
Pussy In The Trifle
My Low*
Parallelism*
Town In Recluse

Encore:

To The City*
Goodison Nights*

* Denotes New Song

Edited by user 27 February 2010 09:11:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline bvgf  
#14 Posted : 27 February 2010 11:00:58(UTC)
bvgf

Man

ExitMusic wrote:
EXIT.COM

UserPostedImage

Exit last night played a gig to an audience of around two hundred people at The Spellow in Liverpool. The pub is located next to Everton Football Clubs ground Goodison Park and they revealed new tracks from suspectedly their next album. They introduced the new tracks by name and has caused excitement around the world. They opened with Pride as usual and went straight into a new song with Mike pronouncing that this song was called 'Shoelaces' and telling the crowd that it would be Exit's future single and there would be a very special guest recording it with them. The new song was one of a catchy nature and had the venue bouncing. They went on to play favourates from their debut album including 'Three Months', 'By The River' and 'Answer Me'. They finished the set on Town In Recluse, before returning for an encore which included new songs 'To The City' and 'Goodison Nights' which Widdows explained was a tribute song written about his beloved Everton Football Club.

Exit Played:

Pride
Shoelaces*
This Hedonist*
Answer Me
Jazz Hand
Dirty Cobbles*
Funny Cigarettes*
I Don't Remember*
By The River
Three Months
Love and Hate
Guests*
Pathetic Fallacy
Pussy In The Trifle
My Low*
Parallelism*
Town In Recluse

Encore:

To The City*
Goodison Nights*

* Denotes New Song

Fuck.Wish i was there

-Zachary Barr
Offline ExitMusic  
#15 Posted : 27 February 2010 11:06:35(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

bvgf wrote:
ExitMusic wrote:
EXIT.COM

UserPostedImage

Exit Played:

Pride
Shoelaces*
This Hedonist*
Answer Me
Jazz Hand
Dirty Cobbles*
Funny Cigarettes*
I Don't Remember*
By The River
Three Months
Love and Hate
Guests*
Pathetic Fallacy
Pussy In The Trifle
My Low*
Parallelism*
Town In Recluse

Encore:

To The City*
Goodison Nights*

* Denotes New Song

Fuck.Wish i was there

-Zachary Barr

Chip: Just back from the party. Thanks a lot Zachary, we really do appreciate comments like that, especially when they come from top class musicians.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline troy211619  
#16 Posted : 27 February 2010 22:59:18(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
bvgf wrote:
ExitMusic wrote:
EXIT.COM

UserPostedImage

Exit Played:

Pride
Shoelaces*
This Hedonist*
Answer Me
Jazz Hand
Dirty Cobbles*
Funny Cigarettes*
I Don't Remember*
By The River
Three Months
Love and Hate
Guests*
Pathetic Fallacy
Pussy In The Trifle
My Low*
Parallelism*
Town In Recluse

Encore:

To The City*
Goodison Nights*

* Denotes New Song

Fuck.Wish i was there

-Zachary Barr

I was there guys! If you were looking somewhere in the middle part of the pub, I was the one wearing the gray hoodie, but you probably wouldn't notice since I was wearing a fake mustache, still great show guys!
-Carl Morrisson
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline ExitMusic  
#17 Posted : 27 February 2010 23:26:37(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

Mike: "Thought I recognised you in the crowd. Couldn't figure out who you was. Haha thanks for the support."
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline ExitMusic  
#18 Posted : 04 March 2010 04:37:18(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

Exit Announce New Album and Single

[color=green]Yep, that's right, we have recorded the new album and it is ready for release. Half the album was recorded in the sunshine in Miami, Florida where we enjoyed sunbathing, swimming and margaritas. Then we were brought back down to earth when we returned to the UK to record the other half. We recorded in Sheffield were we had Trenchcoats, snow and cans of Carling.

Overall we're delighted with the sound of this new album, and delighted at how soon it has been released after the first one(Can't believe it's only been 5 months!). The album is called 'Lesbian Wednesdays'. Don't ask why, it was a drunken idea.

We have a special guest on the first track of the new album 'Shoelaces' which will also be our first single from the album. That guest being the unbelievably talented Jakey Comatose who adds his vocals and guitar.

The single 'Shoelaces' will be released in two weeks, the album in four weeks, but you can pre-order them as of next week. Album artwork will also be revealed next week

So thankyou for waiting, We will obviously be touring the UK very soon and will announce tourdates ASAP.

Love Mike x

Lesbian Wednesdays

1.Shoelaces Ft. Jakey Comatose(3:22)
2.This Hedonist(3:02)
3.Dirty Cobbles(4:50)
4.Guests(3:44)
5.To The City(2:51)
6.My Low(3:27)
7.Parallelism(3:10)
8.Goodison Nights(6:18)
9.Funny Cigarettes(3:21)
10.I Don't Remember(5:32)

Shoelaces Ft. Jakey Comatose

1.Shoelaces Ft. Jakey Comatose(3:22)
2.Today Or Tommorow?(4:52)
3.Eliza(Be Here) (2:23)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline ExitMusic  
#19 Posted : 05 March 2010 06:53:59(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT.COM

Artwork Revealed!

The lads have finally revealed the artwork for their new single and new album. The album Lesbian Wednesdays is due to be released in four weeks time while the single 'Shoelaces' which features vocals and guitar input from world reknowned icon Jakey Comatose will be released in one week.

Shoelaces(Pre-Order Here)

UserPostedImage

Lesbian Wednesdays(Pre-Order Here)

UserPostedImage

So yeah, order the fudging things!

Lots of love, Exit xxxx

Edited by user 05 March 2010 06:57:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Moquel  
#20 Posted : 05 March 2010 07:15:12(UTC)
Moquel

ExitMusic wrote:
EXIT.COM

Artwork Revealed!

The lads have finally revealed the artwork for their new single and new album. The album Lesbian Wednesdays is due to be released in four weeks time while the single 'Shoelaces' which features vocals and guitar input from world reknowned icon Jakey Comatose will be released in one week.

Shoelaces(Pre-Order Here)

UserPostedImage

Lesbian Wednesdays(Pre-Order Here)

UserPostedImage

So yeah, order the fudging things!

Lots of love, Exit xxxx

" I really love the artwork for Shoelaces, buying the single!"
- Holly Zona
UserPostedImage