logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maxy  
#1 Posted : 05 March 2009 15:29:09(UTC)
Maxy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Splashed With Many A Speck
Noise / Dream / Shoegaze / Psychedelic / Downtempo / Ambient
San Francisco, California

Member Since___ _ ___02/10/09
Band Website_ ___ __ _myspace.com/splashedwithmanyaspeck
Band Members_______Leonard Gar, Regina Grayson, Rosa
Influences___________Cocteau Twins, Slowdive, The Telescopes,
_________________ ___Boards of Canada, The Jesus and Mary Chain,
_________________ ___Henry’s Dress, Bailter Space, Blonde Redhead,
_________________ ___Cranes, Mazzy Star, Love Spirals Downwards,
_________________ ___This Mortal Coil, Dead Can Dance, Loveliescrushing,
_________________ ___Alison’s Halo, Curve
Record Label_____ ___ Unsigned
Type of Label_____ ___ N/A

MySpace Player
Total plays: 20,567_____ ___ Plays today: 200

1. Writhe
2. Silver
3. Her Will Shall Bend In Time
4. Black Car (Black Tambourine Cover)

About Splashed With Many A Speck

Formed in late November of 2008, Splashed With Many A Speck originally consisted of San Francisco natives Leonard Gar and Peter Levy. After playing a few shows Levy departed and effectively ended things. It wasn't until February of 2009 that Gar decided to relaunch the short-lived band with his girlfriend Regina Grayson and an ancient drum machine dubbed 'Rosa'. Adopting a sound that can be described as a fusion of noise pop, dream pop, shoegaze, and psychedelic rock the duo gained prominence first among the college crowd. Word of mouth soon propelled them out of the shadows enough to release a five-track self-titled demo on a small indie label that unfortunately folded weeks later. Nevertheless this effort has gained them some much needed radio play and a favorable boost in popularity. In the future Gar and Grayson hope to embark on a mini-tour and find a label to call home.

Discography

Splashed With Many A Speck (Demo)
Crawl (EP)

Upcoming Shows

Edited by user 27 February 2010 06:30:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline flipside x  
#2 Posted : 05 March 2009 16:44:48(UTC)
flipside x

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
(Do I get points if i can guess your old band?:))
archaic couture. is:
Mila Ahtisaari - Vocals; Chris Sekine - Drums; David Reese and Tyler Westbourne - Guitars; Devin Perccone - Bass

the no time left for sleeping tour is:
UserPostedImage
Offline Maxy  
#3 Posted : 06 March 2009 01:12:03(UTC)
Maxy

(Haha, I figured most of you would remember me. I know I remember archaic couture!)
Offline Maxy  
#4 Posted : 13 March 2009 13:22:31(UTC)
Maxy

Update 3/13/09

Leo here. I bet you're wondering what we've been up to huh? Well, other than playing our asses off at gigs all around town we've spent some time in the studio of one of the many, many friends we've made here in the underground. Now I'm sure you've already figured out what this means... and you're 100 percent correct my friends. Reggie and I have laid some tracks down for an EP of sorts. Six songs total. All of them awesome, if I do say so myself. The same friend is being generous enough to foot the bill for releasing it, too, since we're still unsigned like the losers we are. Greg man, you're the motherfuckin' bomb. Without you we'd be fucked.

Anyway, here's all the essential info:

UserPostedImage

1. Primer (8:00)
2. Firmament (10:34)
3. Dedicated (7:38)
4. Hatch (9:40)
5. Of Glass (5:00)
6. Crawl (3:22)

Produced by Greg Sims.
All tracks written and recorded by Leonard Gar and Reggie Grayson.

Expect it to hit stores on March 17th. Peace.
Offline Maxy  
#5 Posted : 21 February 2010 09:03:40(UTC)
Maxy

Update: 2/20/2010

Oh. Wow. Hey. Remember us? Probably not, huh? That's ok. We sort of did disappear without letting you all know what was up. And I sincerely apologize for that. Regina and I went through a bit of a rough patch and... well, we actually broke up for quite some time. Yeah. Bummer. But this story does have a happy ending; we got back together and even got married. Yep. We're hitched, tied in the unbreakable bonds of matrimony, etc. Given how shit I am with relationships I never thought something like this would actually happen. But she loves me, and I love her, and that's how the cookie crumbles folks.

And now for some more good news; we've started playing again. It's been a hard process since we pretty much had to start all over again from the ground up. Getting shows has been nearly impossible, but thanks to our irresistible charm and enduring spirit we've managed to get into a couple of venues, mostly as opening acts. You gotta start somewhere, as they say. Reception has been mixed, though we were pleased to see a couple of our old fans still lurking around and supporting us. You guys are amazing and make us feel like we never left.

Now. I bet you're all wondering when we're going to release an album or something like that? Well, answer is... we just don't know. We're still in the process of getting back up on our feet in the music biz so we can't give you a definite answer. Although if we were to get signed by a nice label that could certainly speed up the process (hint hint). For now, enjoy the new tracks I just uploaded to the music player. That ought to keep you satisfied for awhile.

Until next time.

-Leo
Offline Maxy  
#6 Posted : 27 February 2010 07:16:50(UTC)
Maxy

Update: 2/26/2010

Well I bet Leo feels like a total liar right now! So you probably remember how in his previous update he said we weren't exactly sure when we'd be able to release some new material? Turns out it's happening a little earlier than expected! Leo and I got together with our old friend Greg Sims who produced an EP for us waaaaaay back. Since then he's upgraded his studio with all sorts of awesome equipment. With all of it at our fingertips we decided to go in an entirely different direction than our earlier stuff. The result was
three tracks that are pure, loud raw electro. Leo had a blast going nuts with the synths, and Greg himself described the tracks as "frightening and hypnotic". It really means the world to me that I was able to find a correct medium for these songs. I'd written them back when we were just starting out but never really found a beat or anything to pin to them until now. I wanted whatever we did with them to be "the best", and that's finally happened.

Whew. Enough of my mushy rambling. You can download them all put together in a neat little sampler of sorts off of iTunes for $9.99. Just type our name in and it should pop up. Thanks guys!

-Reggie

T R A C K L I S T I N G

Edited by user 27 February 2010 07:18:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified