logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SharpySharp  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2010 20:43:49(UTC)
SharpySharp

Groups: Registered
Woman
Brunei Darussalam

UserPostedImage

Interview with Parker Kingston of Before Angels Fall

Reporter:

Hello everybody, I’m here with Parker Kingston, the drummer of one of Australia’s hottest new bands Before Angels Fall. Thanks for being here.

Parker:

Thanks for having me here.

Reporter:

So you’re in before Angels Fall with Aaron Webb and your brother Nick. Is it good or bad being in a band with your brother?

Parker:

Well... I guess you could say that there are good things about it. But there are some pretty shitty things about it too...

Reporter:

What do you mean by that?

Parker:

Like, it’s sorta easier to have your say about what you want to do with the band because we’ve been all best friends since kindergarten I think, so we’re not really shy or hesitant of saying what we feel. But on the other side, Nick is one of the most annoying people you will ever meet.

Reporter:

So in year 12, while you had to be studying for your HSC exams, you guys spent most of your times playing shows and doing mini-tours. That has to have a pretty big drain on your studying. How did you go in the exams?

Parker:

Well, Nick isn’t smart at all, so of course touring all the time couldn’t help him at all and he did pretty shitty. But Aaron and I did alright. It’s not like we got the best in the class or anything but, if music doesn’t work out, we can probably still get an alright job.

Reporter:

How long have you been playing drums for?

Parker:

My dad bought me a drum kit when I was 4. But it was just one of those little kids’ ones. The first real kit I got when I was 7. And I was the drummer in our school band.

Reporter:

Are you planning on releasing any albums or singles in the near future?

Parker:

Yeah, we’ve started recording for our debut album which should be finished and released by the end of 2010. And of course, with an album comes singles.

Reporter:

Has it been fun being in the recording studio for the first time?

Parker:

Yeah it’s been loads of fun. We have a self made album from about three years ago but that was all self made with crappy $200 recording equipment. So it’s been loads of fun going in to a professional studio and having all the like vintage guitars that cost more than my house. But I can’t play guitar, so I just look at them.

Reporter:

Can you give us an insight on what kind of song’s your recording?

Parker:

Well, most of its been self written by us. Well actually mostly Aaron. But I’ve written one song. And were also recording some covers of bands like PANIC! And Ryan Ross Hernandez and even Heroes and Cons. But we’ll probably just use them as B-Side’s because we want to really get our music across to the fans before we start bringing in other peoples music.

Reporter:

If we went through your iPod right now, what would we find?

Parker:

Umm, I sorta go through phases of music. So it changes a fair bit. But right now I’m really into bands like PANIC!, The Voyd, The Nimrods, CD of Iron and 4th Street Band.

Reporter:

Okay, that's all we have time for here. Thanks for being here Parker.

Parker:

Thanks for having me here.