logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Regan  
#1 Posted : 23 February 2010 08:37:24(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Quarantine released a trilogy set E.P. collection called "Salvation" back after they were touring in support of their debut album "For The Liers, The Cheaters, and The Backstabbers". It is expected to be released on March 2nd. This is a different Quarantine then what they are today. On the first album the band were sludge metal and on this the band is mathcore. These days the band seem to take an experimental sound into their albums and have continued to stick with this sound after it's second album that was a concept album called "Rx". The band are currently enjoying huge success. Regan Futrell has now formed a label with his co-partner Jakey Comatose and his continuing to enjoy success. Vincent Hale is revealing his solo alias bunker18 this year while Regan reunites a newly A Static Theory for one more album and plans to tour with it. While on tour he plans to release a solo album as well. Then the band are expected to reunite for another album. Enough of that here is the tracklist and artwork to "Salvation" which is a concept E.P. about the end of the world and it features 1 bonus track that was a B-Side to it.

Salvation
Tracklist:
01. Crawling From The Surface
02. Neverever Land
03. Down By The River
04. Cannibalism
05. The Flood
06. Mankinds Last Hope
07. Exe(c)ute
08. Hostile
09. Red Skies
10. An Ocean Full Of Demons(B-Side From The Recordings)

Artwork:
http://i38.tinypic.com/723jbk.jpg
Produced By: Quarantine
All Tracks Written By: Regan Futrell and Alan Kidd
All Lyrics By: Regan Futrell and Alan Kidd
Label: Comatose Records

We won't be doing any touring behind this but on our next and maybe last single from The Catalyst a new and improved version of An Ocean Full Of Demons will be on it and on the re-release. After this album is out we're taking a hiatus so we can focus on side-projects that we have been holding back for quite some time now.
-Alan Kidd

Edited by user 02 March 2010 08:38:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline ExitMusic  
#2 Posted : 23 February 2010 08:40:22(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

Chip: "Great, can't wait to pick this one up."

Mike: "Yeah, I'll judge it when I hear it, I really like some of your stuff, and dislike some of your stuff as well."
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...
Offline infinite135  
#3 Posted : 23 February 2010 10:52:20(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Greg: This'll be an interesting album. It'll be great to hear what you guys sounded like way back when. Can't wait for this to be released.
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Regan  
#4 Posted : 23 February 2010 11:01:32(UTC)
Regan

Man

Thanks. This re-release is to show some new fans how we sounded before our pre-Rx, Amneisa/The Catalyst fame. Because them three albums are really a complete turn around for us especially in the sound of it. We didn't quit this sound because we didn't like it, in fact we were about to continue in this direction but we didn't want to. We wanted to challenge ourselves and do something completely different. We're proud of the work we put into "Salvation" and our debut album but we are extremely proud of our newer albums. I don't mean to sound cocky but I've felt this way lately.
-Regan FUtrell
thecerebral_collection:
Offline Regan  
#5 Posted : 02 March 2010 08:35:22(UTC)
Regan

Man

The re-release has been released!

Buy it here!

"This is the heaviest you will EVER see me! I use to be all about that and wanted that band in that direction but lately synths and such are paving the way for modern music and I like it. Don't get me wrong I still will choose to play my guitar over a keyboard anyday but I just love the way my music I've been writing lately has been sounding compared to this album. It was a lot of hard work and I just wanted to prove that you can still get a guitar and a drummer and just ROCK the fuck out! And thats what we did once we found a bassist and badass guitarist. I'm talking about Austin Simmons and Vincent Hale who helped me pave the way I wanted Quarantine to be. This album is a collectors item for any TRUE fan of my work in Quarantine. All the songs were written by Alan and I and thats the way it was gonna stay until we became a full band with the additions of Austin Simmons and Vincent Hale. We can't wait for our next album and the tour we have done for "Amneisa/The Catalyst" has been my favorite. Sure are good memories that will be indeed missed. And it's funny because I haven't really got bummed out from touring yet but I am sure gonna miss the one we have done with Jakey Comatose and The Nimrods. One talented artist and one talented band. Our next album will most likely be produced by only us. We might see if Jakey wants to produce another album with us but it's either gonna be we produce the album ourselves or just Jakey does. We haven't made our mind up yet as that is a long ways away.

Anyway this album is a thanks to the memories all of you have brong me since we recorded and toured during "Rx" through now. Because I was about to hang my hat on the door with music but now I don't think I can ever leave. I have a new solo album coming soon, new album from my supergroup, and Quarantines new album. I have a lot to do but it can be done! Also just thought I'd let everyone know I'll be touring for my solo album soon after it is released. Vincent will be touring behind bunker18 for his two albums he has completed by them, and Alan will be recording drums on my new solo album, and Austin will be playing bass for The Waiting Room live when they come from the studio. Once again we want to thank everyone!

Love,
-rf"

The fourth single from Quarantines new album "The Catalyst" has been released. It featured "An Ocean Full Of Demons" as the B-Side and "An Instrumental For The Catalyst" which is a 14 minute long song of the band just jamming.

thecerebral_collection: