logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 02 March 2010 22:55:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
Q Magazine Interview With Max Armstrong

UserPostedImage

Q: Hi, Your currently busy on tour with The Junction, how’s it going?
Max: It’s going really well, we finish in May and then we’ll take some time off from the band but it’s been an amazing tour so far. It’s been the best yet.

Q: So whats in store for you when the band takes time off?
Max: I’ll take a couple of months off from around June - August, I’ll probably go on holiday to Hawaii with Juliette. Then I’ll be starting to write songs and that’s when I’ll begin getting back into music most likely as a solo tour and maybe a solo album but the 4th Street Band rumours just keep coming.

Q: So can we see the 4th Street Band back this year?
Max: If we can get all the guys back together then yeah it could happen but as I’ve said a lot it’s not gonna be easy and I’ve already been thinking about creating a new side project band to tour with.

Q: So what can you tell me about your potential new side project band?
Max: Not much really I’ve been in touch with a group of musicians who I’ve known for a couple of years touring the clubs in New York and we’ve spoken about it but nothing is set in stone yet.

Q: Sounds interesting, Your relationship with Juliette Moore is still going strong almost one year since you began dating, any future plans?
Max: (Smiles) Well that’s a question that’s been asked a lot by friends and my brother and sisters, and they love Juliette a lot because we’ve all been living together since November 09 they think I should get married and myself and Juliette have spoken about it once or twice but it’s not something we’re gonna rush into. But if we do get married It’ll only be a small family and friends wedding, nothing too extravagant.

Q: What do you miss most while your touring?
Max: Definitely New Jersey and New York it’s were I divide my time with family and work and obviously my family, Juliette, my brother, my sisters and our dog, but I do enjoy being on the road but it’s tough leaving them behind.

Q: Will you be attending the Birdies on 14th March?
Max: No sadly I won’t be there in any capacity because of our tour, but I’d love to be there at the future awards show but sadly not this time around.

Q: Your signed to your own record label Junction Records is that harder than you thought?
Max: Nah, at first myself and Lucy Tyrell just decided to form our own record label for our bands The Junction and 4th Street Band but as we’ve become more successful we’ve started to hire some people who actually know how to run a label properly but myself and Lucy are in charge of signing acts, and we’ve signed some great acts recently like Alicia Lena, Heroes & Cons and Brad Sanderson and we’re interested in signing more acts next year.

Q: Things have gone so well that your label has their own record studio?
Max: Yeah, we decided to purchase a building in New York which was about to be knocked down and we decided to turn it into a record studio which we called 4th Street Studio’s. It’s also used as Junction Records offices which has been such a success that we’re thinking about purchasing buildings in New Jersey and Los Angeles which will also become 4th Street Studio’s and it’s gonna help expand our small label into hopefully one of the major record labels, but that’s wasn’t the plan originally, it was just meant to kick start The Junction and The 4th Street Bands careers but its become so much more.

Well we wish you the best of luck on your tour, record label/studios and your future
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 02 March 2010 23:26:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
Q Magazine - Max Armstrong Photo Gallery
UserPostedImage - Max Armstrong and Juliette Moore In New Jersey in January 2010.

UserPostedImage - Max Armstrong Live 2010 during The Junction's World Tour.