logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2010 10:14:12(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Roxy was the first to appear, not entirely sure what to think of this ....
UserPostedImage
.... from what she knew, her brother had got burnt in a petrol bomb.
The only thing running faster than her was her mascara, as she legged it to the hospital. There wasn't time to call someone to drive her, wasn't time to call a taxi or get a bus, wasn't even time to put shoes on, she just HAD to be there.
Out of breath and with gravel stuck in her feet, she spoke to the receptionist.

Roxy : Joshua .... Ginger .... Firecracker.
Receptionist : He's with the doctor, miss, you'll have to wait. Besides, it's family only.
Roxy : I can't wait! And I'm his sister! Roxana Katraba Firecracker!
Receptionist : Please wait, Miss Firecracker. I'll call you when you're allowed in.
She sighed, thinking "not another one", and turned back to her computer. Roxy took a seat, put her head in her hands, and shed silent tears.
Barsteward walked out, noticed her and hugged her.

Barsteward : Roxy! I came with them.
Roxy : Them? And how's Joshy?
Barsteward : His face is burnt, he's just regaining consciousness. Raven - comatose, got sick but didn't get caught in the fire.
Roxy : Why did it happen?
Barsteward shook his head.
Barsteward : I wish I knew, Rox. I wish I knew.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 07 March 2010 22:42:47(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Doctor : Roxana Firecracker?
Roxy : YES!
Doctor : Come this way please, Roxana.
Barsteward : Be prepared, Roxy, it's not pretty.
Roxy jumped up and followed, hopeful that her brother might be OK - but at the same time, knowing that he wouldn't. It's not pretty? How could Joshy not be pretty? He was had always been so .... oh, now she knew exactly how. His face hadn't been bandaged, and this was the worst thing that she had ever seen ....
.... he sat up and spoke to her, smiling as much as he could with the burnt face.
Joshy : Roxy! So good to see you .... I look colourful, don't I?
Still his same old self, a right firecracker even when he looked like he'd been hit by one. Nobody else would be this positive.
Roxy : I'm glad you're OK .... ish .... what happened?
Joshy : Raven. She tried to kill herself by drinking that poison she loves and then walking into a petrol bomb, and then I pushed her out of the way, and then I tried to put out the fire and my shoes burned away and my feet were on fire, and then a table caught fire and gave me a faceful.
Roxy : Is Raven OK? Burnt as well?
Joshy : I pushed her away, she'll only have minor burns if anything. But she swallowed a lot of smoke and poisoned herself badly.
Doctor : By the sound of things, Roxana, Regan Robbins would have killed herself if your brother wasn't there.
Raven Comatose, her own worst enemy. She was crazy, and would always be crazy. Joshy, so amazing that he risked his life for her - but most importantly ....
Roxy : What's the prognosis? Is anything for life?
Doctor : He's had some cosmetic surgery on his face, right?
Roxy : Three times.
Doctor : Well, the plastic saved his skin. If we can surgically remove all of it, he'll look as if he only had minor burns, and we can give him some reconstruction on the NHS. As for his feet, he'll lose some toes and some skin round the edges, we just need to remove the burned parts, he'll have smaller feet but ....
Joshy : Down a shoe size or two! Time to go shopping for a whole new shoe cupboard!
Doctor : When you're up and well, Joshua. You'll also need some physiotherapy to get used to walking on those smaller feet.
Roxy : Oh, he'll be walking faster than you think.
Doctor : The only real worry then is his right eye. He can only see you from one side, Roxana. He's partially blind.
After the good news, the burns not as bad as they look - this was terrible. Something permanent.
Roxy : L-l-laser eye tr-treatment!?
Doctor : May be worth a shot, but I don't have much faith in it.
Roxy started to cry .... from her two working eyes .... if she was Joshy right now, she'd be jealous of that .... she held Joshy tightly.
Roxy : No matter what, Joshy, you're a true hero. You may not be able to see too well, and you may need some reconstruction, but you saved Raven's life. I love you.
Joshy : I love you too, Roxy.

((OOC : Still TBC - I hope you're enjoying the story. Let me know if you are! And the yucky picture, which took ages to make and still doesn't look right, but I tried ....))

Edited by user 07 March 2010 23:20:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 08 March 2010 14:32:56(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Saving Raven?

Being in the same room as Raven was excruciating for Joshy. The room felt empty but for their heartbeats .... Joshy's perfectly normal heart beat loudly in his head. Beat. Beat. Beat. At the same time, he felt like he could hear Raven's cardiac asymmetry. Beat. Beatbeat .... beat. Beat .... .... .... during the long pauses, he wanted to scream. The fear was so tough, he couldn't do anything but wait .... beat. Phew, there it was, confirming that she was still there. Somewhere.

Joshy : I got off so easy, Raven. I lost some sight and need some surgery, but I'm safe. But why you and not me? I got a gobful of smoke too.
Roxy : See it like this. If you smoke one cigarette, it's not going to give you pneumonia - but if you smoke 30 a day for years on end, it could. That was the only poison you ever had, and could be cleared up with a dose of an expectorant - ironically, they used to use syrup of ipecac for cases like this. Raven's had a lot of that plus senna and all the other things as well as taking in a mouthful of petrol fumes, and had a heart arrhythmia already. So, she got heart failure, you didn't.
Joshy : I wish it was me.
It wasn't fair. Raven was such a good person - crazy, yes, but good. She deserved to wake up right now, to be with Jakey again, sparkling as the golden couple of the music world. Not be lying there, helplessly living up to her stage surname, waiting to have an emergency pacemaker fitted.

He thought of the Birdies, and the leechy Hot Topic Critics. That made him want to scream as well. Most of the people who were pissed about the IMAs cancellation probably had no idea why it was cancelled. Did those people obsessed with the Birdies spare a thought for this poor woman, or Jakey, whom Bikki also cited as a potential reason? Did those Hot Topic Critics know that they're just taking advantage of the Comatoses' traumas, and if they did know, did they care? It was all sickening to Joshy. Who gives a damn about awards when people as good as Jakey and Raven need help and support in what they're going though?

Edited by user 08 March 2010 14:47:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#4 Posted : 08 March 2010 15:28:05(UTC)
TheCDs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim Dunn: I send my condolences to the Comatose family and also especially to Roxy. I knew Roxy better than the others involved in this tragedy through her work with the Jazz All-Stars and I hope that the Comatose and Firecracker families have a speedy and full recovery.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 08 March 2010 18:43:45(UTC)
bikz

Woman

TheCDs wrote:
Tim Dunn: I send my condolences to the Comatose family and also especially to Roxy. I knew Roxy better than the others involved in this tragedy through her work with the Jazz All-Stars and I hope that the Comatose and Firecracker families have a speedy and full recovery.

Thankyou. We don't think that Joshy or Raven will fully recover - Joshy's lost the use of one eye for good, and it's going to be impossible for Raven to live life as it was without having a pacemaker, she's got a highly problematic heart arrhythmia. Both are due in for surgery today, and Joshy's optimistic about himself. "Smaller feet, shoes I can buy," he said, "and a shiny new face that I don't have to dig into my overdraft for." He doesn't seem to see the downside - however, with Raven, none of us are seeing an upside, if there is one to heart failure. All we can do is hope for the best .... and that's not getting us far.
Again, thankyou for your support. It means a lot to Joshy especially that people care.
-roxy.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#6 Posted : 08 March 2010 20:35:47(UTC)
bikz

Woman

OOC : Inspired by Synxhard's post, I'm going to do this a bit like Mayhem's diary when she had her BT shunts. Inbetween other posts, probably.

Joshy's Surgery Diary .... Part 1 : Necrofeet?

Good morning! I'm still conscious, due for a checkup in a matter of minutes .... it's important that they cut up my feet first. Even though my face got a worse dose of fire and will need a lot of surgery, it's plastic on top. My feet haven't had any surgery before, apart from minor blister removal. It's important that they check first how much of it's been burnt, and if there's been any infection, like gangrene or necrosis - ugh, necrofeet! Anyway, if there's been any infection that's spread, I might have to have one or both feet removed, maybe even end up like Rayne (for those who don't know, Rayne Berry has half a chicken leg missing, there was this crash at Wembley, I don't know the whole story, I was off singing in Melbourne then and didn't know much British news - ask Rayne, or Gemma Ferns, she'd know). I hope I don't. I want legs, dammit!
Anyway, I better go. Wish meh luck!
Love, JGFxxx

Joshy's Surgery Diary .... Part 1.5 : Necrofeet!

There has been some necrofeet grown overnight. (Not an extra foot I mean, infection.) Gonna have a lot amputated, but they're hoping to save some.
See you in recovery yo.
Love, JGFxxx

Edited by user 08 March 2010 21:10:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 09 March 2010 00:57:00(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Joshy's Surgery Diary .... Part 2 : Baby Steps

In recovery. Wow, my feet are painful, and so tiny! They're like Freyja's feet! I can't walk at all yet, and the doctors say it'll be a while before I'll be able to walk straight. I'll just pretend I'm an alcoholic and I'm drunk all the time - yeh, I can go with that, I'm a rockstar. Anyway. Just imagine you've got real big feet. Then you have the sides and bottom (which are all black and charred) cut off. Then you have the same done again because you've got some infection. You ain't got big feet any more .... oh, and I've got six tiny toes. The other four, two each side, had to go. A bit like Mayhem with her fingers, except I have 10 fingers and Mayhem has 11, so I'm not like her.
The only other thing I'm having done today is a chemical peel, I'm having the "skin" taken off my face because there's potential that the burnt collagen/botox may be housing some necrofeet, but on my face, which means it's necroface. I've had this done before, many times. It's what it says on the tin - skin peeled off chemically. Actually fitting my face in won't be done yet, if I want that. If I'm OK with how I look after I have it peeled and healed and there's no infection, I might not have a new face at all.
James - brill as he is - will pop round and see Raven before he sees me, and tell me how she is. I hope she's OK. She should have a pacemaker fitted now, that should regulate her heartbeat a bit .... beat, beat, beat, it's going in my head again! ARG!
I really, REALLY hope she's going to be OK.
Love, JGFxxx

Joshy told me to come and see him today, and to "bring some stuff". He didn't specify what stuff, just stuff. So I just brought any random things I could find. He's Joshy, he'll be happy with whatever. :P Oh, and the other more important job is to check on Raven. I'm just going to do that and report back.
Rock on.
-james.
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#8 Posted : 09 March 2010 02:54:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
bikz wrote:
Saving Raven?

Being in the same room as Raven was excruciating for Joshy. The room felt empty but for their heartbeats .... Joshy's perfectly normal heart beat loudly in his head. Beat. Beat. Beat. At the same time, he felt like he could hear Raven's cardiac asymmetry. Beat. Beatbeat .... beat. Beat .... .... .... during the long pauses, he wanted to scream. The fear was so tough, he couldn't do anything but wait .... beat. Phew, there it was, confirming that she was still there. Somewhere.

Joshy : I got off so easy, Raven. I lost some sight and need some surgery, but I'm safe. But why you and not me? I got a gobful of smoke too.
Roxy : See it like this. If you smoke one cigarette, it's not going to give you pneumonia - but if you smoke 30 a day for years on end, it could. That was the only poison you ever had, and could be cleared up with a dose of an expectorant - ironically, they used to use syrup of ipecac for cases like this. Raven's had a lot of that plus senna and all the other things as well as taking in a mouthful of petrol fumes, and had a heart arrhythmia already. So, she got heart failure, you didn't.
It wasn't fair. Raven was such a good person - crazy, yes, but good. She deserved to wake up right now, to be with Jakey again, sparkling as the golden couple of the music world. Not be lying there, helplessly living up to her stage surname, waiting to have an emergency pacemaker fitted.

He thought of theBirdies, and the leechyHot Topic Critics. That made him want to scream as well. Most of the people who were pissed about the IMAs cancellation probably had no idea why it was cancelled. Did those people obsessed with the Birdies spare a thought for this poor woman, or Jakey, whom Bikki also cited as a potential reason? Did those Hot Topic Critics know that they're just taking advantage of the Comatoses' traumas, and if they did know, did they care? It was all sickening to Joshy. Who gives a damn about awardswhen people as good as Jakey and Raven need help and support in what they're going though?

Angel: How is Hot Topic taking advantage of this situation. It's not their fault guys didn't have back up plan and now you're claiming that HTC needs the birdies to happen. HTC has nothing to do with the Birdies and it is an award show of its own. So i don't see how they are taking "advantage" of the situation. Aren't the Birdies going to still happen? So
what is the problem here? It's an award show not a fight fest. If that's what you are representing for the birdies than "The Voyd" were right and I would not like to take part of the Birdies no longer.
The HTC's is also a new award show and they do look up to the Birdies. It's a shame that The Birdies want to rival with them.

Edited by user 09 March 2010 03:24:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Taylr  
#9 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:05:25(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Matt: Angel, they meant Hot Topic's news stuff, not the awards, they meant that the Hot Topic reporters and all. Anyway, glad to hear you are recovering, Joshy. Roxy, if you want me to come and keep you company, I'm just a call away.
#10 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:08:28(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Taylr wrote:
Matt: Angel, they meant Hot Topic's news stuff, not the awards, they meant that the Hot Topic reporters and all. Anyway, glad to hear you are recovering, Joshy. Roxy, if you want me to come and keep you company, I'm just a call away.

Angel: No he did not. He said the HTC. Hot Topic News and HTC's have nothig to do with each other and he knows that. And how is HT News taking advantage, it doesn;t make sense, they haven't even made a story on it yet.
Offline Taylr  
#11 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:12:21(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Taylr wrote:

Angel: No he did not. He said the HTC. Hot Topic News and HTC's have nothig to do with each other and he knows that. And how is HT News taking advantage, it doesn;t make sense, they haven't even made a story on it yet.

Matt: Hot Topic Critics. News reporters always take advantage of stories.
#12 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:15:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Taylr wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Taylr wrote:

Matt: Hot Topic Critics. News reporters always take advantage of stories.

Angel:How the hell? They haven't even made a story and how many times do I have to say that HTC and Hot Topic news have nothing to dow ith each other. He was clearly talking about the award show. Don't try to change what he said!

Edited by user 09 March 2010 03:16:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:23:07(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
Saving Raven?

He thought of the Birdies, and the leechy Hot Topic Critics. That made him want to scream as well. Most of the people who were pissed about the IMAs cancellation probably had no idea why it was cancelled. Did those people obsessed with the Birdies spare a thought for this poor woman, or Jakey, whom Bikki also cited as a potential reason? Did those Hot Topic Critics know that they're just taking advantage of the Comatoses' traumas, and if they did know, did they care? It was all sickening to Joshy. Who gives a damn about awards when people as good as Jakey and Raven need help and support in what they're going though?

Angel: He clearly was talking about the HTC Awards.
Offline bikz  
#14 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:27:32(UTC)
bikz

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Angel: How is Hot Topic taking advantage of this situation. It's not their fault guys didn't have back up plan and now you're claiming that HTC needs the birdies to happen. HTC has nothing to do with the Birdies and it is an award show of its own. So i don't see how they are taking "advantage" of the situation. Aren't the Birdies going to still happen? So
what is the problem here? It's an award show not a fight fest. If that's what you are representing for the birdies than "The Voyd" were right and I would not like to take part of the Birdies no longer.
The HTC's is also a new award show and they do look up to the Birdies. It's a shame that The Birdies want to rival with them.

My bandmate is not involved with the IMAs or HTCs. He simply sees things in his own way. For example, most people wouldn't see losing sight in one eye as trivial, or getting gangrene on one's feet as a fine excuse to get new shoes rather than a potentially deadly illness. Most people can tell the difference between the Hot Topic awards and paparazzi, and can tell that it was just bad timing that it's after/before the Birdies, not deliberate "leeching" of the market. And most people don't think that all award shows should be cancelled as a mark of respect towards IMAs presenters Jakey and Raven, which is Joshy's point. A very sweet thought, but not so sweet to HTCs. My apologies for him; you seem to have taken things the wrong way. Just remember that what one person says isn't the be-all and end-all, especially for something that one person isn't involved in organising.
-james.
UserPostedImage
#15 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:37:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

My bandmate is not involved with the IMAs or HTCs. He simply sees things in his own way. For example, most people wouldn't see losing sight in one eye as trivial, or getting gangrene on one's feet as a fine excuse to get new shoes rather than a potentially deadly illness. Most people can tell the difference between the Hot Topic awards and paparazzi, and can tell that it was just bad timing that it's after/before the Birdies, not deliberate "leeching" of the market. And most people don't think that all award shows should be cancelled as a mark of respect towards IMAs presenters Jakey and Raven, which is Joshy's point. A very sweet thought, but not so sweet to HTCs. My apologies for him; you seem to have taken things the wrong way. Just remember that what one person says isn't the be-all and end-all, especially for something that one person isn't involved in organising.
-james.

That is the biggest horse crap ever. The HTC doesn’t need to cancel for that. The HTC does not have anything to do with the Birdies. The HTC’s are happening March 21st not the 15th. How is that “bad timing”. It’s not the HTC Awards fault nor do they OWE anyone form the birdies respect. It seems to me like the Birdies are looking forward to “good ratings” and if that’s what the Birdies represent then I will not be a part of them. We clearly know the HTC aren’t as big as the birdies anyway. It’s not like the HTC’s are replacing the IMA’s. Maybe you are taking the HTC’s the wrong way. How do you know if they are even making a tribute to Jakey or not?

Edited by user 09 March 2010 03:40:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline old.gregg  
#16 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:43:16(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
OOC: I have no opinions about the HTC awards and timing or whatever, but I'm pretty sure Bik doesn't want this thread to turn into an awards show thread, in character or out.
-
#17 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:49:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

old.gregg wrote:
OOC: I have no opinions about the HTC awards and timing or whatever, but I'm pretty sure Bik doesn't want this thread to turn into an awards show thread, in character or out.

OOC: well she mentioned the HTC and its like the third time already so I'm smelling something, but now that I brign up a good point its no longer about them. Obviously this is a stunt and I can't believe that Bikki who understand the work load that goes into making award shows is doing that. Like always she can't accept there are other award shows that can happen.

Edited by user 09 March 2010 03:52:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#18 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:51:07(UTC)
bikz

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:
That is the biggest horse crap ever. The HTC doesn’t need to cancel for that. The HTC does not have anything to do with the Birdies. The HTC’s are happening March 21st not the 15th. How is that “bad timing”. It’s not the HTC Awards fault nor do they OWE anyone form the birdies respect. It seems to me like the Birdies are looking forward to “good ratings” and if that’s what the Birdies represent then I will not be a part of them. We clearly know the HTC aren’t as big as the birdies anyway. It’s not like the HTC’s are replacing the IMA’s. Maybe you are taking the HTC’s the wrong way. How do you know if they are even making a tribute to Jakey or not?

Did I say that Joshy's opinions had anything to do with the IMAs? Bikki Hetestien and the Comatose couple run the Birdies, if you want to talk about something about the IMAs go to them, not me or Joshy. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and pose for a photo. I'll ask Joshy to mention his opinions on awards in his next blog.
-james.
UserPostedImage
#19 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:53:17(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Did I say that Joshy's opinions had anything to do with the IMAs? Bikki Hetestien and the Comatose couple run the Birdies, if you want to talk about something about the IMAs go to them, not me or Joshy. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and pose for a photo. I'll ask Joshy to mention his opinions on awards in his next blog.
-james.

Angel: Whatever, see you at the HTC's!
Offline bikz  
#20 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:54:03(UTC)
bikz

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:
OOC: well she mentioned the HTC and its like the third time already so I'm smelling something, but now that I brign up a good point its no longer about them. Obviously this is a stunt and I can't believe that Bikki who understand the work load that goes into making award shows is doing that. Like always she can't accept there are other award shows that can happen.

OOC : I warned you, my characters wouldn't be completely nice about it. ;) It's all in-character. Joshy is one character with different opinions to my others; nowhere did I say that Bikki or Jakey or Raven or anyone who runs the Birdies feels the same.
UserPostedImage