logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 28 February 2010 08:33:02(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
HT: Angel Le Fierce Goes R&B/Hip Hop & Looking for Collabs

Angel:
Quote:
With this album I want to tone things down a bit and look at the other side of the chalk board. I also want to add a little color to my music and dancing. My music has always been about very dark things. My dances as well have always looked weird and dark. So I have been looking into the skanking dance.
I think Stephanie Fierce was the first to bring it back. In her “Love Feels like Grenades” music video she skanks. So I want to continue that but add my little flavor to it.

Now we know you are a skilled dancer and all but when you first made your appearance you had a dark electro-pop sound and then you went into a more Electro-Rock sound and you stayed with that sound for a while. From what you are telling us, it sounds like you are looking for a new sound. Right?
Yes I want my sound to be more of an original R&B sound and contemporary R&B as well. So I’m thinking about touching on some Hip Hop, you never know. Lauryn Hill and Sade are really inspiring me like crazy right now.

So, many people criticize the Hip Hop genre badly. How do you feel about those critics?
I think people need to shut the hell up.

What?
Yes, shut the hell up. Yeah, every one of them has the right to voice their opinions and if they hate the genre than they hate it. But the fact is that people do relate and listen to it. And they can say all they want and it won’t matter. I’m not scared or cautious of what they think because I WILL NOT let it affect me. That’s why I always admired Stephanie Fierce. Because she didn’t give a crap of what people said. And that’s what I’m going to do as well. What matters is that people who do like Hip hop like it. And I also want my fans to like it as well, so I’m doing double duty.

So you are currently working and looking for collaborations, right?
Yes. I want to work with artists or bands. I've been hiding myself and It's time to make celebrity friends. So if you think you're good hit me up!

Part 2, 3 & 4 will be posted next week!

Edited by user 06 March 2010 08:58:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 06 March 2010 08:57:52(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Part 2!

So how is the process for recording the album going?
It's crazy. I’m in a personal state right now that all I can think about is my music and this new album. Even though this is embarrassing to say I’m going to say it. I sometimes even forget to shower. I go three to four days without showering or even sleep. I even forget I have friends and family. But it’s worth it because I’m so focused on this one. I’m really taking my time with it. I’m so excited.

You recently just announced you won’t be able to take part at the IMA's. What happened?
I am am so upset, since I had a real hot date and and everything. But at least things weren’t confirmed yet. But, If I would have been given the yes to perform, I would of shut it down. But unfortunately, I have to meet with the producer that same night for a special song in my album and he’s only available that night. He has a very busy schedule and he works with many people. So I had to make a tough decision. But I chose my music first. I would definitely choose my music or my fans over an award show anytime! Oh well, there’s always the HTC Awards.

What do you think of the Birdies?
The birdies are great. It’s like graduation. Who doesn’t like to be recognized for their hard work? But that’s the only problem. Not everyone will get recognized. But I think people make a huge deal about it. At the end of the day everyone is a winner in my opinion though. The most exciting part about the birdies to me, are the performances and the whole drama between artists trying to win a category. They look like starving children. It’s just funny to me.

Part 3 & 4 will be posted soon.
#3 Posted : 09 March 2010 01:21:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Part 3!

How do you feel about the Birdies being rescheduled?
Thank God the birdies were cancelled or rescheduled…..whatever. Cause I don’t feel as bad anymore.
I will however be attending the HTC Awards. This one sounds very promising; however I do notice that when something goes well someone always tries to ruin it. But I’m pretty sure this time they have a strong back-up plan just in case something happens. I’m just excited for an award show. There’s hasn’t been one. I mean the Birdies have already been rescheduled….. twice. I’m thirsty for some award show drama.

How many features will your album most likely have?
Well I’m looking at three to four features. Like I said I want to really work with upcoming artists on this one and get the real experience of making a good collaboration. The last collaborations I did were done separately and at different times so I didn’t get the real experience. So yeah….

When will the lead single be released? Any info on the song as well?
I was planning on performing it at the Birdies if I was selected. So I will probably have to change it and see if I can perform it at the HTC Awards. But a digital release will most likely be at the end of March or maybe sooner. And the song is going to be a smash. It’s collaboration and it’s hot. The song is more for my haters, that is all I can say.
Offline Moquel  
#4 Posted : 09 March 2010 07:21:14(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Good luck on the album, Angel! I love your persoanlity, Meant you at the wedding party and you are an amazing person.."
- Holly Zona
UserPostedImage