logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Paradox  
#1 Posted : 09 March 2010 13:20:58(UTC)
Paradox

Groups: Registered
Man

Hey, so I'm thinking on buying something that's not an ipod to cover my portable media playing needs, what would you recommend
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline _Python_  
#2 Posted : 09 March 2010 13:39:09(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Paradox wrote:
Hey, so I'm thinking on buying something that's not an ipod to cover my portable media playing needs, what would you recommend

A Zune, or a Sony Walkman (or any other Sony).

From my experience, those two are the best. I dislike Ipod for reasons.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#3 Posted : 09 March 2010 13:45:37(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't have a single complaint with my iPod touch. Sure it may not do everything flawlessly (or even be the best at anything either) but it has been reliable for me and the app store gives me a better selection of games and time wasters than anything else. I have a few friends who have Zunes however and they love them as well.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 09 March 2010 13:59:08(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Non-iPod, I'd go with Sony Walkman though it is more expensive than an iPod Touch, which is my media player that I've had for almost 3 years and still going strong. But that might just be because I use iTunes overall as my default MP3 player.
UserPostedImage
Offline _Python_  
#5 Posted : 09 March 2010 14:00:56(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

TheCDs wrote:
I don't have a single complaint with my iPod touch. Sure it may not do everything flawlessly (or even be the best at anything either) but it has been reliable for me and the app store gives me a better selection of games and time wasters than anything else. I have a few friends who have Zunes however and they love them as well.

I just don't like iPod because it's like you pay three hundred dollars and gotta' go through a shit load of trouble just to mod one little thing on them.

From what I've heard from a friend about modding his Zune; it's way easier than it was to mod my other friend's iPod. (They are both cousins and spent all day trying to jailbreak one damn iPod :P)
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#6 Posted : 09 March 2010 14:02:33(UTC)
TheCDs

_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

I just don't like iPod because it's like you pay three hundred dollars and gotta' go through a shit load of trouble just to mod one little thing on them.

From what I've heard from a friend about modding his Zune; it's way easier than it was to mod my other friend's iPod. (They are both cousins and spent all day trying to jailbreak one damn iPod :P)

I didn't have much trouble getting a few emulators and roms on it. Found a pretty easy guide online using google and just followed the steps.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline _Python_  
#7 Posted : 09 March 2010 14:03:30(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

I didn't have much trouble getting a few emulators and roms on it. Found a pretty easy guide online using google and just followed the steps.

Yeah, well I still hate the iPod.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#8 Posted : 09 March 2010 14:26:08(UTC)
TheCDs

_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

Is it because you hate the idea of it's popularity or because its the cool thing so you feel compelled to hate it for street cred with some group or do you have an actual reason because of the hardware or software platform?

I have nothing against iPod haters when they have compelling arguments for its problems (and there are problems, nothing is perfect) I do have a problem with people who just hate it because it is the thing to do.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline _Python_  
#9 Posted : 09 March 2010 14:31:21(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

Is it because you hate the idea of it's popularity or because its the cool thing so you feel compelled to hate it for street cred with some group or do you have an actual reason because of the hardware or software platform?

I have nothing against iPod haters when they have compelling arguments for its problems (and there are problems, nothing is perfect) I do have a problem with people who just hate it because it is the thing to do.

I hate them because I've had two and both of them winded up to where they don't even cut on. Is that good enough?
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#10 Posted : 09 March 2010 14:34:43(UTC)
TheCDs

_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

I hate them because I've had two and both of them winded up to where they don't even cut on. Is that good enough?

I don't know, did you jailbreak the old blocky iPod OS to run extra games or use pirated games (like Phase or Song Summoner)? Did you overcharge and kill the batteries? I don't want to accuse you of poor care for your electronics but just saying they just stopped turning on leaves a lot of questions.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline _Python_  
#11 Posted : 09 March 2010 14:38:38(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

I don't know, did you jailbreak the old blocky iPod OS to run extra games or use pirated games (like Phase or Song Summoner)? Did you overcharge and kill the batteries? I don't want to accuse you of poor care for your electronics but just saying they just stopped turning on leaves a lot of questions.

Actually, I only charged it once a week. (about a week it would seem) Sure, I listened to them a lot, but not enough to kill it in one day. And no I didn't try to do anything with it. And my cousins iPod did the same thing.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#12 Posted : 09 March 2010 14:41:45(UTC)
TheCDs

_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

Actually, I only charged it once a week. (about a week it would seem) Sure, I listened to them a lot, but not enough to kill it in one day. And no I didn't try to do anything with it. And my cousins iPod did the same thing.

Well that sucks. Thankfully I haven't had this happen (nor has anyone I have heard of or know) but electronics failures always suck.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Gildermershina  
#13 Posted : 09 March 2010 22:47:24(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Of everyone I know who's owned an iPod, every single one of them has had some level of trouble with it, and since stopped buying iPods (with the exception of Cam who has a current gen Classic of course).

I'm still using my Creative Zen Touch from 2005, but it has long since started to do strange things like tell me there's a full battery, then cut out after less than an album with "low battery". Also, the stupid thing sometimes decides when I'm selecting an album that "oh you pressed the big random button" even though I absolutely never do, and to un-randomise I habe to go to play mode settings and then scroll all the way back down the list to what I was trying to get to in the first place. And then it does it AGAIN. Oh, and it sometimes just cuts out when it's cold (and not that cold either, we're talking positive on the Celsius scale), and restarts, which returns it to whatever it had in memory last time you shut it down. Which often sucks because I'm in the middle of a 15 minute song, so now I have to use the shitty skip/search buttons which have a tendency to skip when you try to search.

All in all though, it is built like a tank. I dropped it down some stone stairs once, the thing didn't even skip.

Edited by user 09 March 2010 22:55:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#14 Posted : 10 March 2010 02:36:27(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i like my ipod touch, its not broken down on me, its easy to use, has a wide range of use's has a good support network and has a well resourced and easy to use online shop for music, apps, films etc etc..

yes it is no where near perfect, but i like it, can use it and find it easy to manage.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Mt. Epic  
#15 Posted : 10 March 2010 08:30:39(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I don't see why people hate ipod touchs. Sure, it's made by apple, but I think it's fairly reliable. It and the Zune are nearly the same thing. Okay, maybe zune doesn't break down quite as often or doesn't get as fucked up as the ipod, but the ipod has WAY more things to do on. If you want a sole music player, get the zune. If you want a toy, get the ipod.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline forkboy  
#16 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:14:43(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Quite. I like my iPod Classic man. It's big, it's got all my music on it, and it's got a great battery life.
Offline The Nimrods  
#17 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:15:42(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
For you people "against the establishment" Sansa makes decent mp3 players.Really good storage for cheap.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Paradox  
#18 Posted : 10 March 2010 13:16:30(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Mt. Epic wrote:
I don't see why people hate ipod touchs. Sure, it's made by apple, but I think it's fairly reliable. It and the Zune are nearly the same thing. Okay, maybe zune doesn't break down quite as often or doesn't get as fucked up as the ipod, but the ipod has WAY more things to do on. If you want a sole music player, get the zune. If you want a toy, get the ipod.

My point, if you want a toy get a fucking PSP. And actually I sold my ipod classic, the damn thing shut down halfway through a song.
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#19 Posted : 12 March 2010 10:12:26(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Paradox wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

My point, if you want a toy get a fucking PSP. And actually I sold my ipod classic, the damn thing shut down halfway through a song.

can ur psp play music while surfing the web while playing a game all at the same time plus more? no i didin't think so
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Gildermershina  
#20 Posted : 12 March 2010 21:28:11(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
Paradox wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

can ur psp play music while surfing the web while playing a game all at the same time plus more? no i didin't think so

I'm fairly sure it can. Also, why would you do those at the same time? You can't play a game AND surf the web.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage