logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<148149150151152>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2981 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:13:09(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
xNightsidex wrote:
This debate has cropped up before, and it's hardly against the rules though.

Yes it has and the result wasn't even pretty. People even almost got banned. But anyway, the responsibilities of a mod is to put their opinions aside to stop things like this. Not put your opinion and instigate the argument, especially since the topic is not really debatable and has failed to be properly discussed before.

Edited by user 10 March 2010 10:14:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gildermershina  
#2982 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:24:23(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Firstly, we decide what our job is, not you.

Secondly, the topic of religion certainly is debatable. Believe it or not, we, atheists or mods, are not the ones bringing it up time and time again. If you are offended by other people's opinions, too bad. If you don't want to be offended, you can leave. You are also rewriting history, nobody nearly got banned because of religious discussion.

Thirdly, mods are active members of this forum just like anyone else. We are are only supposed to be impartial in our moderation, not in our forum participation as a whole.

Fourthly, discussing how mods conduct business is, quite apart from being pointless, is against the rules.

If you have a problem with any of these arrangements, you can leave.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#2983 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:42:36(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Gildermershina wrote:
Firstly, we decide what our job is, not you.

Secondly, the topic of religion certainly is debatable. Believe it or not, we, atheists or mods, are not the ones bringing it up time and time again. If you are offended by other people's opinions, too bad. If you don't want to be offended, you can leave. You are also rewriting history, nobody nearly got banned because of religious discussion.

Thirdly, mods are active members of this forum just like anyone else. We are are only supposed to be impartial in our moderation, not in our forum participation as a whole.

Fourthly, discussing how mods conduct business is, quite apart from being pointless, is against the rules.

If you have a problem with any of these arrangements, you can leave.

Edited by user 10 March 2010 10:47:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rincewind  
#2984 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:43:11(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
it is a pefectly debatable topic.... just because we are mods does not mean we do not have opinions of our own...

i am an athiest but i don't instantly crack down on religious folk with my almighty mod powers... which surely shows that this IS a debateable topic and that i... and others are open to having our thoughts challenged by reasoned and rational debate...... if only it would happen, instead of people saying an invisible man in the sky cures everything, and that the proof is overwhelming (without acuatlly providing any proof).

steph... you do not decide what a mods job is or is not. you have no say in our job role, or how we carry that role out. the sooner you learn this simple fact the better.

also this type of debate is not offensive, and saying it is... is a bit well... ludicrous! It is a normal debate in any forum which you do not go in...

this is now the third time i think you have tried to tell a mod how or how not to do their job as you ee fit and for the last time it does not work like that.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
#2985 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:51:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

First of all, they weren't even debating, they were arguing and insulting each other. Especially AJ. My job is not to tell you what to do and that's the sad part. That a member has to tell mod he's doing his job wrong. You don't have to have a Doctor's degree or be a mod to know what's wrong or right. And I know for fact that Gildermershina was instigating, instead of tryng to resolve it.

And Gildermershina

That's the reason why this forum is now as shitty as it is now.
I’ve been trying to be nice but I’m going let this off my chest.

The attitude of "Oh I'm a mod I can't do whatever i want and even when I'm wrong, I'm right" is the reason many people leave and even right now are planning to leave.

You "Mods" DO NOT do your job right and don't worry I am leaving like I promised, but just know the way you guys run things is making people leave. One of the reason i am here is because I like to RP and i like fantasy, other than that this forum is shit. And I'll make sure to the let Carl know the shitty job some of you (not all of you) are doing in this forum. Why even have mods in the first place. The only thing you guys do is take advantage of power and only use it when it’s for your convenience at times.

Edited by user 10 March 2010 10:53:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rincewind  
#2986 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:57:06(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

wow... your so right... we are power hungry mad tyrants banning people left right and centre not letting anyone do anything that we do not personally approve off......

OR we are normal human beings with our own opinions and thoughts who are capable of putting all that to one side as and when we need too..

not one of the mods asked for our modship... personally i would rather not be a mod (and im sure a lot of you agree that i should not be one)... since i am one however i try and do my best, as does every single one of us....

get off your high hoirse daniel... if you don't like it you know where the door is.
and im just like:
Offline _Python_  
#2987 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:57:15(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:
Attempting to talk to a girl haha wish me luck.Also I started drumming at my church (No I'm not a Christian I'm an Atheist but I'm forced to go to church)

Seriously, was that needed?
What is with people and wanting to make sure that the whole forum knows they are atheist? And you don't have to go to church. Don't go if you don't believe.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#2988 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:59:14(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

_Python_ wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
Attempting to talk to a girl haha wish me luck.Also I started drumming at my church (No I'm not a Christian I'm an Atheist but I'm forced to go to church)

What is with people and wanting to make sure that the whole forum knows they are atheist? And you don't have to go to church. Don't go if you don't believe.

i agree... If your not a Christian... then why go to Church? it does apear to be very very pointless....

and im just like:
#2989 Posted : 10 March 2010 10:59:43(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Rincewind wrote:
wow... your so right... we are power hungry mad tyrants banning people left right and centre not letting anyone do anything that we do not personally approve off......

OR we are normal human beings with our own opinions and thoughts who are capable of putting all that to one side as and when we need too..

not one of the mods asked for our modship... personally i would rather not be a mod (and im sure a lot of you agree that i should not be one)... since i am one however i try and do my best, as does every single one of us....

get off your high hoirse daniel... if you don't like it you know where the door is.

Whatever. I really don't care cause it's just harming the forum as every day goes. But remeber its more the people leave than the people that come.

Anyway, I have a pizza in the oven,a nd I'm soooo hungry.

Offline The Nimrods  
#2990 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:04:14(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Rincewind wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

i agree... If your not a Christian... then why go to Church? it does apear to be very very pointless....

Because my grandfather took me and my little brother in when my mom snapped from Schizophrenia and my little brother isn't Atheist so I have to set an example.I'm too grateful to debate it and if I told my grandpa that I was atheist he'd probably say "You're too young to choose your religion" also my aunt who's agnostic told my uncle who doesn't go to church and I assume doesn't believe,that I'm an atheist and he flipped out and yelled at me because my mom is so religious that both my brother and I have gone to church virtually every Sunday that we've been alive.Plus I usually sleep so I don't care.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline _Python_  
#2991 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:05:39(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Rincewind wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

And another thing Nimrod, when you first joined you debated the same things me and asdf always debate about this topic. Now your a gay atheist? Your a fake! You try to sound cool on the internet. You just piss me off dude, you get on my nerves with your posts. And everyone go ahead and start bashing me. I don't really care. This is the internet, why do I have to fit in with y'all? Go ahead.
UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#2992 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:05:53(UTC)
The Nimrods

Oh my, I've started a religious debate accidentally.Though Cody I'm not atheist because "Everyone else is doing it" I have good reasons.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline _Python_  
#2993 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:07:23(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

The Nimrods wrote:
Oh my, I've started a religious debate accidentally.Though Cody I'm not atheist because "Everyone else is doing it" I have good reasons.

Shut the fuck up. I swear I wish I could bitch slap your ass! You are so fake that it gets under beneath me!
UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#2994 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:07:38(UTC)
The Nimrods

_Python_ wrote:
Rincewind wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

And another thing Nimrod, when you first joined you debated the same things me and asdf always debate about this topic. Now your a gay atheist? Your a fake! You try to sound cool on the internet. You just piss me off dude, you get on my nerves with your posts. And everyone go ahead and start bashing me. I don't really care. This is the internet, why do I have to fit in with y'all? Go ahead.

When did I say I was gay?Why would I need to sound cool on the internet? The only person I would come close to EVER knowing is Steph because he lives in Orlando and I visit Tampa ever other year or so.And why would I pose being Bisexual when most people are intolerant of it and DON'T think it's cool.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline The Nimrods  
#2995 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:08:45(UTC)
The Nimrods

_Python_ wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

Shut the fuck up. I swear I wish I could bitch slap your ass! You are so fake that it gets under beneath me!

Under beneath me great grammar dude.You want to slap my ass, and you call me gay?

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

#2996 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:09:29(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Ha ha Nimord who made fun of me for being fake is even more fake lmao

Yo this pizza is good!!
Offline _Python_  
#2997 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:09:35(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

The Nimrods wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
Rincewind wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

When did I say I was gay?Why would I need to sound cool on the internet? The only person I would come close to EVER knowing is Steph because he lives in Orlando and I visit Tampa ever other year or so.And why would I pose being Bisexual when most people are intolerant of it and DON'T think it's cool.

On the old forums you were never gay. Then one day you told me on one of my posts that I offended you by saying something racist and offensive to gays, bisexuals, etc. Which I didn't! Don't tell me you don't remember! Because we weren't cool for a while.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#2998 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:09:52(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

ok now im stepping in....

no personal insults...

if you don't like someones religoous beliefs then thats fine... debate, dont insult...

im going to bed now. If i come back on in the morning and this has carried on beyond THIS post then im handing out bans for intollerent behaviour.... debate, dont bully people!

EDIT - same goes for sexual preference.

Edited by user 10 March 2010 11:10:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

and im just like:
Offline _Python_  
#2999 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:10:55(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

The Nimrods wrote:
_Python_ wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

Under beneath me great grammar dude.You want to slap my ass, and you call me gay?

Shut up. Your not even funny. I MIGHT laugh later at that.
UserPostedImage
#3000 Posted : 10 March 2010 11:10:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Rincewind wrote:
ok now im stepping in....

no personal insults...

if you don't like someones religoous beliefs then thats fine... debate, dont insult...

im going to bed now. If i come back on in the morning and this has carried on beyond THIS post then im handing out bans for intollerent behaviour.... debate, dont bully people!

Hmmm, it sounds awfully familiar to what I was saying.