logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 11 March 2010 11:53:55(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Ryan Ross Hernandez Leaves PANIC!

-` PANIC! Lose Their Backbone

In an unusual fashion on the band's official website that, Ryan Ross Hernandez the lead guitarist/occasional vocalist/co-lyricist/main composer, and well when it comes down to it the most known member of PANIC! and their spokesperson, has announced he is leaving PANIC! through a statement on the band's site. The statement from him can be found below.

March 10, 2010 wrote:
"I'm writing to announce something that seems to have been slowly circling around the last few months. To those who’ve been wondering; I am, in fact, parting ways from PANIC!. I have to say how INCREDIBLY hard this is for me to do. It feels more like going off to college and moving away from my family or breaking up with my true love than just an occupation, but when you have such a passion for something and the dusty road turns into a highway with different paths, everyone just starts to make their own choices, you have to respect their decisions. I must say that there are no hurt feelings between the band and I. Those guys are like my sister, brothers, and best friends and honestly, I can’t wait to see the things they will go on to do. For any doubters, PANIC! WILL GO ON without me as a member.

I am GENUINELY sorry to those fans who might be upset about this, but please do understand that it's something I merely have to do at this time. I don't know what I'm going to do next but I'd rather let these five AMAZINGLY talented performers continue their own careers as a group rather than be holding them back or overshadowing. I hope you can more so go on to support this decision and know that you guys are the only reason I've had so much trouble coming out and saying it. I can also assure you that I am not, by any means, done playing music! If I can't renegotiate a deal with my solo career at Spice Records, some shape, way or form I will get my music out there. Also I am NOT done with band efforts, once I find the right group of musicians you will see me again in the rock/pop group scene. I guess everything eventually runs it's course, and for me with PANIC!, that time has come.

I have no trouble saying that if it wasn't for PANIC!, I would be NOWHERE in music right now. I wouldn't be anything I am today without PANIC! period! No solo career, no music producing, no acting. NOTHING. PANIC! made me the musician I am today. This band was my roots and I will never forget that. To say it best, I'd say I just grow out of playing music ala-PANIC!. Don't get me wrong, I'll support this band whether they decide to go rock, pop, country, folk, blues, west coast rap. They know they have my full support in whatever they decide to do musically and personally.

I love you all more than I can even explain."

-- Ryan Ross Hernandez

None of the PANIC! members have commented, although their management group has promised that by the end of this week the entire band [Ashley, Josh, Joey, Gabriel, and Nick] will make a statement to the public and will shed some light about their musical plans in the foreseeable future. But the band's manager, Adam Smith has assured that the band has no plans to release an album this year, continuing with their recording hiatus at least for the rest of 2010.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 11 March 2010 12:18:14(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
It's a shame to see him leaving. Hernandez is a very talented frontman, and brought a lot to PANIC!; when you thought PANIC! (the band), you thought Ryan Ross Hernandez. (Don't deny it. You did.) It'll be interesting to see how the band work without him.
Best of luck to both sides of the story,
-bikz.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 11 March 2010 18:35:49(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Agreed! RRH is PANIC! It's a damn shame,but it'll be interesting to see what PANIC! do next.

-Ry-
UserPostedImage
Offline SharpySharp  
#4 Posted : 11 March 2010 18:38:55(UTC)
SharpySharp

Woman
Brunei Darussalam

Can't believe he's leaving. He was the backbone of PANIC!.

- Brendon Mitchell
Offline Cooper  
#5 Posted : 11 March 2010 18:47:49(UTC)
Cooper

Aaron: Well all know that PANIC! is capable of going on and im sure it will be different but that could breed some inresting things right?

Brandon: its intresting how he said that he is still intrested in 'band' projects, i wonder what a RRH solo would sound like?
......................................................................................................................

Aaron Cooper. guitar, vocals
Brandon Fisher. guitar, backing vocals
Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#6 Posted : 11 March 2010 19:37:24(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Cooper wrote:
Aaron: Well all know that PANIC! is capable of going on and im sure it will be different but that could breed some inresting things right?

Brandon: its intresting how he said that he is still intrested in 'band' projects, i wonder what a RRH solo would sound like?

Tim Dunn: His solo stuff is really good. A sort of pop-blues/blues-rock vibe. I really enjoyed Dark Secret Love. I actually thought this had already happened. I mean PANIC! was on hiatus, but I kind of figured Ryan was out. He's a good friend and I know this will only lead to greater things for him now that his focus is solely on his solo career. I also wish the remaining members of PANIC! luck, you have one hell of an act to follow.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline troy211619  
#7 Posted : 11 March 2010 21:06:57(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
bikz wrote:
It's a shame to see him leaving. Hernandez is a very talented frontman, and brought a lot to PANIC!; when you thought PANIC! (the band), you thought Ryan Ross Hernandez. (Don't deny it. You did.) It'll be interesting to see how the band work without him.
Best of luck to both sides of the story,
-bikz.

Well that is true, without Ryan, its not PANIC! anymore.. Great loss for the band but I'm sure they can still be a great band.. Still supporting them ALL THE WAY!!!
-Carl Morrisson(Rhythm Guitar, Reckoner)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Taylr  
#8 Posted : 12 March 2010 03:56:30(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Taylor: Good luck to PANIC! and Ryan. I personally reckon that both will be able to move on easier than it seems. I hope so anyway.
Offline Marksy  
#9 Posted : 12 March 2010 04:41:26(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Kieran: Imagining PANIC! without Ryan doesn't seem right to me, but I'm sure that they will work around this, good luck to both PANIC! and Ryan.
Offline Aj  
#10 Posted : 12 March 2010 04:53:27(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Thank fuck. Oh no wait, they'll still be annoying.

Billy