logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2010 15:41:44(UTC)
Greenleaf

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage

Leon frontman of "Green Leaf"

MTV News:

Green Leaf took to their webcams Last week to unveil the news about the very much anticipated debut album (Which doesn't have a title) after mayor success from "Green Leaf (Demo)" which according to Billboard sold over 800,000 copies WW to date. Today we sat down with Green Leaf to talk about some new things they'll be releasing:

So, did you ever thought that you guys would be as successful as you've been, did you think that the controversy did you any good?
"With all honesty. We never ever thought this would happen. I'm pretty sure our fan base now consents that. But, I guess controversy did us great. However, we don't want to be recognized as drama queens. We want to be recognized for our music. Our music is very important to us and we now want to make sure that's what being spread around, not gossip bullshit." - Leon

So we are looking here and you guys aren't really signed by the mayor labels. Any reasons?
"We didn't manage to get signed by a label. We think that maybe they are too afraid of our music. Oh well! We decided to make our own label just for us with the money we made with the Green Leaf Demo." -Maria.

So you guys have the first single off the new album ready. Tell us about it.
"The song is called “Insomnia”. The song’s vibe is going to be weird and different from what we’ve already served up before with our demo “Green Leaf”. The song has a chorus feel of I would say the 60’s and 70’s rock & roll, its very cheery but toned down as well. We didn’t want the song to sound too “plush”. However at the same time we didn’t want the song to sound like garbage either. People actually pay to buy our songs so we don’t want to serve up garbage like many careless bands do. The end has a little screamo, which is something we decided to experiment with since this song needed a strong end. That might creep our primary fans a bit, but we know they’ll though it out. And that’s what we want. We want our fans to doubt our music too, that way it’s always like first time to them." -Rebecca

Are you guys looking forward to more fame and screaming fans?
"We’re in a state right now were we are feel with excitement and it’s almost overwhelming. Fame is something that we don’t look for anyways, but we are just getting for it, if it comes. Now the screaming fans, we don’t mind that at all." - Luis

Are there songs like “green Leaf” and “Shameless Roots” on the album?
"Oh yes. We wanted to keep the element of our last album as well. We didn’t throw it to the side. We just built on to it. But most definitely! And if you liked songs like “Green Leaf” and “Shameless Roots”, then you are going to adore the songs on this album." -Maria

Any title for the new album yet?
"We are actually going to leave the album blank and let the fans choose what the name of the title should be. That might sound like we are pushing it and if it does then great, because we want this album to become a fetus to the fans. The album is going to be their baby and when that baby is developed they can call it whatever they want to call it. It’s their baby, *giggles* I know that sounds really crazy and we are not shocked either. But really, it’s going to be fucking cool for the fans. Cause there is going to be a blank space on the album where they can write the name and everything. It’s really cool." - Leon

When will the album be released?
Well, we thought we were done and good for a late March release date, but we decided to take more time and enjoy this process because we have so much inspiration and momentum at the moment. So, we decided that when the momentum stops for this album, that’s when we’ll be ready to wrap everything up and release it. We are also touring with Jakey Comatose in April, so we are going to be pretty busy next month. But the single will be released this month so we are super excited!- Rebecca

The music video for the song "Insomnia" will premiere here on MTV in a three weeks. Is there anything in the music video your fans can know?
Well yeah. The video is going to be very metaphoric to "Green Leaf" but we promise we are not stepping away from that sound either. We can’t reveal much yet, because we want to surprise our fans. But what we can say is there will be an evil bed and a marching band making a lot of noise. We actually got to reunite the marching band from our high school that we graduated with. It’s going to epic.- Luis

You guys will be taking part of the Battle of the Bands. Do you think you guys have what it takes?
We're ready! We are definitely going to knock em dead. We will also be performing our song "Insomnia", so its going to be epic for sure. We just want to have fun as well, see the other bands and just have fun.- Maria

Edited by user 14 March 2010 15:44:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline uberdaveman  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2010 18:54:11(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

Awesome!! Leon support! Hoorah!
-Leon Henderson
I hate signatures, but I love you.

Sage Thrasher:
Leon "Vocals" Henderson - Vocals
Jimmy Von Noodlenose - Guitar/Backing Vocals
Horton Q - Bass
Jon "Replaceable" Jones - Drums
#3 Posted : 15 March 2010 03:38:35(UTC)
Greenleaf

uberdaveman wrote:
-Leon Henderson

Leon: Ha! Thanks man. Also, how do you pronounce "Leon"? I like mines to be pronounced in Spanish. It sounds funnier to me for some reason.

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline uberdaveman  
#4 Posted : 15 March 2010 04:38:30(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

Greenleaf wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:
-Leon Henderson

Leon: Ha! Thanks man. Also, how do you pronounce "Leon"? I like mines to be pronounced in Spanish. It sounds funnier to me for some reason.

Just the normal way. If you say it in Spanish, shouldn't it be written León?

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
#5 Posted : 15 March 2010 04:41:25(UTC)
Greenleaf

uberdaveman wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:
-Leon Henderson

Just the normal way. If you say it in Spanish, shouldn't it be written León?

Nah. My birth name is just Leon, I just like the way it's pronounced in Spanish.
- Leon

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline uberdaveman  
#6 Posted : 15 March 2010 04:44:17(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

"Lion" is an accurate discription of Leons everywhere.

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass