logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#1 Posted : 21 March 2010 04:45:43(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Savior, the new project from Rock Veteran Johnny Johnson, and country legend Jack Jameson will be releasing their debut album soon. The album will contain the last known studio recordings of Stephanie Fierce as well. Here is a promo poster, rewards for anyone who can find the name of the album and the release date on this poster.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 12 August 2010 06:31:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline ScaryShoes  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2010 07:25:27(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Groups: Registered
Man

April 10th 2010 and the album name is risen. Oh i am so good ha
Bands:
The Voyd [Alternative/Post Grunge/Hard Rock]-Active
Destroy All Monsters:[Crunkcore/Post Hardcore/Rap Rock]
-Disbanded
Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 22 March 2010 08:11:19(UTC)
asdf

Man

Johnny: Great job, the reward is a great big congratulations. Also, we will work with you on a future project. Lol.

OOC: How did you get it?

Offline ScaryShoes  
#4 Posted : 22 March 2010 08:51:55(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

asdf wrote:
Johnny: Great job, the reward is a great big congratulations. Also, we will work with you on a future project. Lol.

OOC: How did you get it?

Andrew: I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a unicorn but I guess I will take this.. ha

OCC: I just zoomed my browser up all the way and from there I saw the date hiding
Bands:
The Voyd [Alternative/Post Grunge/Hard Rock]-Active
Destroy All Monsters:[Crunkcore/Post Hardcore/Rap Rock]
-Disbanded
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 23 March 2010 03:59:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Angel: Definitely looking forward to this album. It's cool to know that there is still more Stephanie fierce recordings out there. The project itself it insane. Good insane. This is something i did not expect from both Johnny and Stephanie. Marking my calendar for the 10th.
Offline asdf  
#6 Posted : 23 March 2010 04:12:58(UTC)
asdf

Man

Johnny: Thank you. This is definitely a different approach for both of us, especially her, and I think she would have been proud of what we have done...

#7 Posted : 23 March 2010 04:26:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Angel: Cool, I'm pretty sure she would of been. I can't wait to hear a song. Will there be a single?
#8 Posted : 23 March 2010 04:37:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Angel: According to hot topic this pic has something to do with Savior. Is it true?

UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#9 Posted : 23 March 2010 05:08:00(UTC)
asdf

Man

Johnny: We were going to release a single as most bands and artists do, but we wanted to take the classic approach of forcing people to buy the whole thing. Haha, so no there wont be a single. Might be a music video for one of the songs though. As for that picture, I'm not going to release very much further information so you will just have to wait and find out. ;)

Offline asdf  
#10 Posted : 24 March 2010 09:45:42(UTC)
asdf

Man

UserPostedImage

Offline Paradox  
#11 Posted : 24 March 2010 10:28:35(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Jose: That is a kickass band, just for Johnny Johnson and Jack Jameson.

ooc: That would be a kickass band, just for Johnny Cash and Sylvester Stallone.
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline asdf  
#12 Posted : 24 March 2010 10:32:09(UTC)
asdf

Man

OOC: Lol, I dont know about Stallone doing music...

Johnny: Thanks, wait until you hear the first album for praise though.

Offline asdf  
#13 Posted : 26 March 2010 10:01:53(UTC)
asdf

Man

UserPostedImage

April 10th, 2010. Risen.

Offline asdf  
#14 Posted : 24 April 2010 23:59:09(UTC)
asdf

Man

Savior has announced that their album has been postponed to May 5th, 2010.

Offline Moquel  
#15 Posted : 25 April 2010 01:20:19(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
asdf wrote:
Savior has announced that their album has been postponed to May 5th, 2010.

" Still looking forward to Savior and their debut.."
- Shaun Daniels (Press Talks;; Daniels Entertainment;;)
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#16 Posted : 04 May 2010 06:29:01(UTC)
asdf

Man

UserPostedImage

Track list to be announced to morrow. Albums release date set as the 5th of May.

Interviews regarding the musical approach of the band...

Jack Jameson (lead singer, guitarist, writer) - "I sang a lot of old country tunes back in the day and made a few dollars...my wife died and I didnt stand as the same person I knew I was. Johnny Johnson must be my angel in disguise because he found me drunk in an alley and here we are with a brand new band. This is the first music project I have done in nearly 30 years and I can only call it amazing. I put my heart into it and I know John did as well. We wrote and wrote like we were just putting our lives into these songs and what we got out of it is a true symbol of us and what we stand for. You'll find anything from God, family, freinds, and just flat ass fun in this record and I think you'll be surprised at how John handles it. He's a great singer that has been seriously misunderstood as an artist."

James Jameson (drummer, background singer) - "I have been a bit of a musician for the last couple years and I always wish I could follow in Uncle Jack's footsteps and to do this with Johnny Johnson and Jack...its an incredible experience. We made some kick ass stuff that you wont find anywhere at the moment in music. Its truly different and like nothing left going today, we took the old spirits and mixed it with the new music and people and came out with a record that will blow your minds. Mark my words, everyone else sucks compared to this."

Johnny Johnson (lead singer, guitarist, writer) - "Ya know...after The Rockers I began to feel an emptiness and I knew I wanted something different or...new and when I met Jack I knew I had found something. He was very reluctant and it took a lot of work to convince him to even pick up a guitar but when he did he taught me things I doubt anyone else knew existed besides him...he is the soul of this album and this band. He doesnt know it but he saved my life in that he showed me what music could be. I always was looking how to put my soul in music, and he showed me. I understand now and without Jack...Savior wouldn't exist and without Savior, neither would I."

Stephanie Fierce who also appears on the album was busy and could not be reached for comment. She will be interviewed at a later date. Stay tuned.

#17 Posted : 04 May 2010 08:00:02(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Fierce: Sorry I was unable able to make a comment, you know how busy touring can be. I have to be honest and say I'm not 100% part of this band yet. But I am taking more part as the time passes. After all the drama and madness that I have to deal, it's good to come to the studio with theses guys and just make real soulful music at peace. The album cover is also beautiful.

Offline asdf  
#18 Posted : 04 May 2010 08:16:49(UTC)
asdf

Man

John: We're still working on her, shes got important things in her own career though. We understand that.

Offline asdf  
#19 Posted : 06 May 2010 07:20:37(UTC)
asdf

Man

UserPostedImage

1. The Light that Shines on Me - This song starts the album with a slow, reflecting feeling and begins with just one acoustic guitar which leads the song for about 30 seconds before Johns voice comes in with the first lyric. The song is about a man and the good things hes been given and how he takes them for granted. The song is very mellow and remains just Jacks acoustic and Johns voice until the end when it slowly fades out.

2. Secrets Dont Save Anyone - This song gets things on a faster pace and is about a man who cheats on his wife. This song is mostly Johnny singing but Stephanie Fierce joins him in the chorus. The song has a slow drum track and most of the music is John and Jacks guitars opposing each other.

3. My Kind of Letdown - This song is another mellow look at life and time itself. The lyrics speak about how youth leaves the body but happiness can still be found in the darkness. Jack sings this one with his raspy voice and smooth guitar stylings. This keeps a steady pace and sound but the lyrics tell the story. The song is one that any man over 50 can relate to.

4. Time Winds Down - This one follows the same theme but from a different perspective. This one is sang by Johnny and looks at life from the aspect of a near 40 year old. The lyrics talk about being a great ballplayer but losing ground after a knee injury and having to settle working construction. The song is driven by strong piano chords towards the end also played by Johnny and you can hear Stephanie singing as the song fades out.

5. Meet me on the Other Side - This song has two perspectives, first from Johnny and Steph. The lyrics in the first verse talk about a man who loves a woman but the lady is unsure weather she feels the same. The chorus then ties the verse together. The second verse is sang by Jack to a woman who had died and the sadness he feels. The song slowly winds down into slow piano chime.

6. Whats Right isn't Left - A song about loss and regret, this one still retains a happy attitude and puts a spring in the album different from the rest. This songs lyrics are casual country style lyrics written by Jack but sang by Johnny. Steph again joins him in the chorus. The song is guitar driven with a slight solo by Jack at the end before the song suddenly cuts off.

7. Glory Painted Gold - Glory Painted Gold is a quick song of only 2 minutes long with a quick pace and happy feeling about a man who sees his whole life come together and everything go his way. The song is a light piano piece.

8. Mercy - This is a slow one written by Johnny but sang by Jack. The song is a plea to God to let his soul be free after losing everyone he loved and cared for. The lyrics are about the time when Stephanie Fierce was thought to be dead and she adds a twist of a vocal performance coming across as an angel whispering from beyond life. Deep piano chords are the only bit of music on this one.

9. Risen - This one is a happier tune about when John found out that Stephanie may be alive and is sang solely about him. Only his guitar is heard in the background and the lyrics are the focal point throughout. The song is about a man who finally feels his life is going right only to have it stripped away but he soon finds something better.

10. Leave Whats Good on the Kitchen Table - Another short but happy tune this one joins the four together and is the only vocal appearance of drummer Jimmy Jameson. The song is chorus driven and is reminiscent of a church quire rejoicing over the gospel but has a slight comedy feel to it in the lyrics. The song and album comes to an end with Johnny whispering "Thank you" as a sole piano note fades to silence.

Review 7.5* out of 10* "This album is a shock to the system if you are familiar with any of the band members usual music styles. Stephanie Fierce shows here versatility here and truly expands her catalog. Johnny shows he has always had soul but is finally able to express it right. The return of Jack Jameson to music is one of the biggest in recent history and he proves hes still got it. That isn't to say the album has no flaws. It does, and as this is a first effort that is to be expected. Some kinks to work out but this shows that Savior may be in it for a long time to come."

Offline asdf  
#20 Posted : 27 May 2010 17:15:44(UTC)
asdf

Man

Edited by user 22 July 2010 23:48:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified