logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 26 March 2010 07:33:33(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
SMASH! Exclusive

Punk rocknroll band The Lost have announced they are calling it a day - and this time permanently. They recently went on a hiatus, back in Christmas time, however one album later and they've decided it would be best if they left it at that. The first break up has been linked numerous amounts of times to lead singers Ben Alex's substance abuse, however since marrying drummer Leslie Alex, Ben is completely sober - or so the band says. With no substantial evidence otherwise, it looks that this break up wasn't to do with drugs and was simply a mutual agreement the band came to. Liam O'Mally gave this statement:

Quote:
Today we'd like to announce that we are finished. We are done for the foreseeable and don't plan to make a comeback as The Lost at all. However, I and Ben are both interested in starting solo projects, so you may want to look out for that when we decide to, and I know Leslie and Favourite Son are looking to start up projects of there own. The reasons for the break up could go on forever, but I'd like to say that the band are all still great friends and there was no blood lost when we spoke about it. It really comes down to the fact we just think we've lost our 'spark' that we used to have. We don't feel like we have anything fresh and exciting to bring to the table, and if that's the case we'd rather we didn't bring anything at all. Maybe on our own it might be different, but right now I'm just completely drained creatively and I'm looking at possibly doing some more production work in the coming future. So yeah, look out for all our activities after The Lost, but well, this is it. This is the end of a long road for us and I've met a load of awesome people and awesome fans. I don't want to be corny, but this is the one time I'll allow it. My time in The Lost has been - though short - the best of my life, and I don't think anything I'm ever going to do will top it. But I want it to stay that way. I don't want to go and start a new band that are better, because 1. they will never be better, and 2. because they can't be better, because the reason we were fucking great is cos we had balls. And I'm not sure if I have that kick any more. So yeah, anyway, it's been a pleasure.
Love.

The band began with their debut album 'Lost and Found', from which it's energetic lead single 'Clowning Around' was critically and commercially a massive hit, winning a Birdie for Best Single and the band themselves winning Best Live Act. Since then, they've released 3 albums, 1 live album and 1 unreleased material album. Overall, the band have sold over 77 million tickets, over 16 million singles and 11 million album copies.

Any comments will be appreciate, thanks for fucking off or tearful letters of sorrow are both good. Thanks.
Offline asdf  
#2 Posted : 26 March 2010 07:58:25(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Johnny: Sad, been good freinds with you guys and was looking forward to a possible future collaboration. Anyway, good luck in the future guys.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline troy211619  
#3 Posted : 26 March 2010 14:40:44(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Dang man! Eversince I began working in the music industry, I've always wanted to have a collaboration with your band someday, but this moment came too soon...
-JPC(Reckoner/Bassist)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#4 Posted : 26 March 2010 14:58:03(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
damn that sucks man
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage