logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 27 March 2010 07:47:52(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
ΔΤ BATTLE OF THE BANDS 4
Round 3 [27/3-31/3] : "The VIP Box"

Welcome back to BOTB, if you happen to be one of the following ....
Mind
Raining Suicide
Blood Of Wecz
Insolent Paradox
Axiom
Clear Vision
Green Leaf
Ryan Ross Hernandez
Reckoner
Pilot
The Rockers
Exit
.... then you are still in!

The third round is at the prestigious Royal Albert Hall. Of course there'll be your usual gaggle of competition winners and people who sold their mothers to get tickets, but there will also be a VIP box with some music industry legends, whom you are looking to entertain.

This is who will be in the box -
Jakey Comatose
Lewis Mason
Carly Ferguson
Carbine Jimi
Somerset Bissell
Dame Katie Kairiri

These names aren't just any old names, this is the crème de la crème. Members of five of the most famous bands in this industry - fAthOm, My Freaky Valentine, GirlSpice, Thunderwolf and Moronic Changeling (I'm not a band member, I'm mainly hanging about making sure that Lewis and Jakey behave themselves) - will be watching you. We also have here owners of some illustrious record labels. Comatose Records. Molotov Records. In the past, Alpha Omega, Arkangel, Serenade, Spice, van Mouschi and of course everyone there either had a hand in Midnight/Mythic or was in a band with one of the original owners. We have here music producers, magazine writers (Comatose, Spice and DTE), Birdie winners, Birdies organisers/presenters and, best of all, the holder of the Delta Tau Battle Of The Bands trophy is there. Jakey'll show you it, I'm sure.

Your task? To give us a good night out. This is going to be a pressure test - you may be nervous, but one of an artist's greatest strengths is getting over that.

Groups out on the 28th. They will be of six, and four of you will leave - the other eight will go on to the quarter-finals.

Good luck and you're good to perform!
-Katie x

Edited by user 31 March 2010 11:50:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Laurelles1  
#2 Posted : 27 March 2010 08:14:26(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: This one looks hard.. I reckon that the next round should just be a fight 'till the death.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 27 March 2010 09:10:54(UTC)
bikz

Woman

OOC : I've got the quarter, semi and final planned. The final's pretty obvious, a freestyle show and the vote is public. I'll tell you what the other two are as and when.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bvgf  
#4 Posted : 27 March 2010 09:31:42(UTC)
bvgf

Groups: Registered
Man

OOC:Oh fuck this sounds hard.I'll have to try harder this time.If i do a 5 minute roleplay like last time i'm CERTAIN i'll be gone.
Offline old.gregg  
#5 Posted : 27 March 2010 09:48:06(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Can't wait for this. Try and make me and Mason behave?! Good fucking luck.

- Jakey x
-
Offline troy211619  
#6 Posted : 27 March 2010 13:05:56(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
OOC:This time, I really need to make an excellent RP..
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline gumba  
#7 Posted : 27 March 2010 18:29:47(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
OOC: How long are the shows in this round? or does 'give us a good night out' mean take you out for a night on the piss and buy the drinks? That sounds like bribery
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline asdf  
#8 Posted : 27 March 2010 18:39:38(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: And a wayyy we go...

The group felt rested and refreshed in every way. Their last album was on its way to surpassing the 4x platinum mark and they were nearing their final show. This show however was not to be their last and the energy and excitement was still there. Just as it always had been, and they knew, always would be. Johnny sat on a small stool holding his guitar trying out different licks for a song that existed only in his head. Joey was sitting in a chair looking at old pictures of the band when they first started. Randy and Gary were talking about something that no one understood. All was as it usually was before a gig.

Again, a small man came through the door and announced that they were next.

Johnny: Thanks. We'll be ready in a minute.

The man left and the band looked at each other. They huddled around each other and sang the chant they had sang for 20 years.

Group: Who the hell are we? Rockers. What are we doing tonight? Rocking. What do we always do? Rock!

They looked at each other once more and shook their heads as they walked through the door. This and one more gig were to be their last. If they were judged to move on they would add one more gig to that line. However the band knew that they were up against bands much more popular than they, and much younger. New blood, many of them they liked. Mind, Green Leaf, and Ryan Ross Hernadez just to name a few. It was fierce competition and that made them nervous. John especially. He had worked on this band almost as long as he had been trying to work on himself and The Rockers was all he had to show for most of his life. Joey as well, but he was always more laid back than John. He looked at it as a great chance to retire to Florida. John had music in his blood, and he had something to look forward too with his new group. But still, memories never fade, even from a weary mind.

Stephanie Fierce has been missing for weeks and this edged even heavier on his mind. The moment he was told she was not "officially" dead replayed through his mind. But then the road of the crowd drew him out of it and the lights shone down on them all with a fury of heat like no other.

Johnny: How the hell are you? We're gonna give you a show tonight, what do you say?

He put on a smile and raised his arm as the band began playing Time is Mine from their early days. The song was never officially released but the crowd seemed to know it as if they had heard it long ago. A small pile of a crowd began to sway with the music and John felt a true grin crawl across his face as Randy stepped up to play the solo. John walked back and forth just looking at the people. They smiled and hollered as he stooped down to shake their hands.

Further Down the Tracks is a soft rocker about a boy leaving town for the Army. The song began immediately after the last and John grabbed an acoustic guitar to play along. He didn't do this often but his skills proved true. He loved playing the guitar and always wanted to over the years but felt it both unfair to Randy and formerly Robert, but also that it would be hard to do while singing. He proved himself with the performance as he picked and sang just as easy as one or the other by them self.

Johnny: This next song...is about a ghost...a ghost you all know to well I'm sure. I know I do...

John looked away from the crowd as thoughts rushed to his brain of his days of drinking and his recent dive back into the habit. He pictured the view from the highest floor of the Empire State Building down to the street below and the people screaming as he slipped to floor before he could jump. He pictured many nights of yelling and fights with Stephanie and the band. He had to shake his head to get himself back to the building.

Blackest Nights, is another old tune from the "Best of Real Life" album. It was one of few dark songs from that period in their musical career. Breaking away from their usual chipper, hard rocking style this song exemplifies the feelings they would feel later in and sing about later in albums like "Black" and "Battle of Good and Evil". Its a slow acoustic tune that sings about a drunk who wanders into an alley and dies of Alcohol poisoning. Again Johnny began to sweat old memories that poured down his face. Jack Jameson who joined Johnny in his new group was found in an alley getting suckered by a few teenage punks, drunk as can be and near death. Lights flashed over John's eyes and he saw a lone black figure standing on the side of the stage. His face was smiling, an unusual sight. Jack winked as John looked back at the crowd.

Johnny: Okay...I want to express something tonight that I don't usually do. Stephanie Fierce...my wife...has been missing for a long while now as you may know. I want to dedicate this song to her. Its a new song that I wrote and I want to welcome a good friend to the stage to sing it with me. You may know him, maybe not. Please welcome Jack Jameson.

Jack came out dressed in a black suit with strings down the back and arms. He raised his arms and the crowd cheered even though most were grandchildren to the fans of Jack. Jack smiled as well but John knew he was nervous. This was his first show in over 30 years. He had quit when his wife died and he became a drunk. It took John to break him of this just as Stephanie did for him. Stephanie was now presumed dead as well, this thought haunted both of them suddenly.

Jack: Whenever you're ready over their John.

John: I was waiting on your old ass.

Both of them smiled as they began playing both of their guitars as the lights faded. They went back and fourth with slow spurts of notes that flowed gently into each other like fine whine or water over a short hill.

She Saved Me, is a song based only on two acoustic guitars and the two men's voices. The song is about a woman who saves a man from himself. The crowd grew quiet as John sang the first verse, full of sorrow and booze the song starts as a tear jerker. The song does however slowly build into a guitar banging soulful song with Jack singing about an Angel who saved him and God calling her back to the sky's for help there. The song then declines back into a slow switch off between the two until no further sound is heard.

John: Thank you...I would like to leave you with a familiar tune so we don't leave you bewildered and upset...this ones a classic of ours. This is my 800th time playing it judging by my set lists for the last 15 years...its called Rock n Roll Rambler.

Rock n Roll Rambler is a faster song with a quick beat and fast lyrics talking about a rock band and their traveling across countries and cities alike. Its a classic rocker similar to Chuck Berry and Little Richard. John stood up and tried his best at hopping to the tune but his vocals were the stage stealer here. He forced a smile and a happy facade for the crowd to leave them jumping but over all he still felt empty and drained. Perhaps he needed a break...he didn't know. He had been debating this for a long while now, and he wondered if he should retire himself after the Savior album was released. The song bellowed to an end and the band stood up holding their arms high in the air while the audience cheered. John bowed his head and walked off stage as everyone else lowered their arms. People murmured and wondered to themselves but the band just bowed and left as usual. Deep down, they felt it two...the same sick feeling of regret, but most of all it was a feeling of being tired and worn out. This was no easy job and it had been waring on all of them. The group found John laying on the floor as Jack grabbed a phone. John had already had a heart attack at the IMAs a year before...was this number two?

Edited by user 27 March 2010 19:16:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline troy211619  
#9 Posted : 27 March 2010 20:49:41(UTC)
troy211619

Man

OOC: I'd be posting my RP tomorrow, really tired today..
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#10 Posted : 27 March 2010 21:39:19(UTC)
bikz

Woman

gumba wrote:
How long are the shows in this round? or does 'give us a good night out' mean take you out for a night on the piss and buy the drinks? That sounds like bribery

The show length is pretty much what you're comfortable with, as long as it's not really short or really long. The show itself is mainly freestyle.
I've been stuck with sorting out the night on the piss. Having to pay for Jakey, Lewis and Jimi drinking - I think I'll need to sell a few internal organs. :P
Oh, and by the way, Mr. Comatose, when I said, "he'll show you it, I'm sure", I didn't mean ....
-Katie.
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#11 Posted : 27 March 2010 22:38:26(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

The Royal Albert Square. One of the biggest single venues in the world, never mind Britain. The people of Mind couldn’t have imagined anything remotely like this happening about 2 years ago, where they were just churning out demos for fun, whilst studying hard at Uni. By luck, someone found their demos and now look at them. “Okay. Games are over. By the end of this competition, that trophy is going to be in m- our hands.” said Aaron, with huge bags under his eyes. The stress of the competition was obviously starting to show, but he insisted that Mind kept going on. “Yup. Don’t forget, just do your best. Give those guys a good show, if we win, great, if we don’t, we’ll try harder next time around. Some of the most famous icons in the world are in that box there and we need to make a loud noise. To get this far is amazing anyway.” spoke Jason calmly. Although the last round, he stressed, he was much more relaxed this time around. He had seen the reactions they got and was adamant to use them to their ability.

As said before, among the crowd of fans, there were some of the most important figures in music. “I don’t think I can do this...” Harry jittered. “Don’t be a fool. They’ll love us.” Jason replied. The lights went down in the hall as the band made their way onto the stage in total darkness. They were cloaked in pitch black robes with the Mind symbol engraved in the arm. As the lights slowly rise again, cheers start to come out of the crowd, since they see the band and Jason’s unique hair poking out of his hood. However, all Aaron could focus on was the VIP box containing some of the biggest names in this industry. “Come on! Focus now, dude.” Jason said quietly to Aaron as the intro music, Gregorian chanting, was still playing. The intro music had now finished, and a drum beat played Mind into the opening song, which is ALWAYS Divine Usurper, their biggest hit. The hoods had now dropped down, revealing their ugly faces. Jason had a creepy, yet pleased look on his face. Once Aaron had got into the song, he relaxed a little. Unfortunately, because there were seats, there was a lack of circle pits, but the fans who sold their mothers to be here were chanting anyway.

The song had finished and Jason went up to the microphone. “’Sup guys? Thank you all so much. We were really nervous about coming here! Anyway, hail to the VIPs in the VIP box!” as he said that, the crowd starting clapping and the band waved to them. They probably didn’t see. Anyway, as they prepared to go into the next song, the lights dimmed again. In that darkness, they went into an acoustic improvisation. After the improvisation, they switched to electrics again and the lights came back on in time for another song, Lyophilisation (The Word and The Worlds). One of the most anthemic of their songs, it allowed time for chanting and hair flips. As the song came to its close, the lights slowly faded once again, but then they came into Chromosome 13. The cloaks had now gone, revealing shirts and vests, but the song itself was rarely played at Mind concerts. It was one of the heaviest in their back catalogue and certainly one of the fastest. Headbanging was inevitable.

“We don’t usually do that one. Now, here’s something really special...” Jason said as they went into Duelling Banjos from the film Deliverance. But instead of duelling with Banjos, they duelled with guitars, of course. It was a new thing, they just jammed and played guitar solos to the theme, but the crowd were still lapping it up. As they were clapping, the band relaxed a lot more and started to smile. Rather than end the jam when it was supposed to be ended, Aaron carried on with a monstrous guitar solo. You could tell that he was now in his comfort zone.

After that, they then played another single, Cascade of Blood. “Sing if you know the words!” Harry shouted at the top of his voice. Rather than the normal performance, this one was sped up to make it more fun to listen to. Apart from that, there was nothing particularly special about that song. It just had happened to be Minds breakthrough song and was now a live staple. “Woo! That rocked! Now, here’s a little taster of The Aeronaut... if you haven’t got the leaked one already that is... this is Winter Upon Us!” The song had a neo-classical feel and indicated that Mind was taking a more grown up approach for the next album. It was a stunning display of dazzling guitars, groovy drum beats and mesmerising bass. The vocals were pretty simple, yet also extremely effective. At the end of it, Aaron threw his shirt out into the audience, revealing a chubby pot belly. They seemed to like it for some reason...

“We’re going to REALLY look ahead now. Okay, imagine that you’ve gone past The Aeronaut, past The Cosmonaut... it’s our next album. Of course, we don’t know what THAT is yet, but we have a couple of songs we wanted on there from the beginning. You know, the only reason the story came along was because I was scared of my feelings, scared how people would react... but now I just have the urge to write constantly! It’s great! This is one of the songs that we think will make this album... This is The Colour Spectrum.” Unusually, the song started with Jason on an acoustic guitar, in a psychedelic kind of way. The vocals hypnotised and it was all very weird for Mind. Then the lights boomed into action as well as a huge power chord from Aaron, which sent the crowd and the song back into life. Whilst Aaron set the main riff up and prepared for its doom laden chorus, Jason rapidly switched guitars and came back with a double-necked one. Then both of them played the heavy riff, with assistance from Robert on the drums. The vocals ranged from high pitched screeching to growling to beautifully clean vocals and then back again. It was a flourishing and bombastic song, combining all elements of Mind.

The song went on for a good 10 minutes before ending, and then Jason announced “We’re only gonna give a few more songs... this one is Tasteless.” Once that had been announced, they went into the song with a full head of steam. It was performed almost flawlessly, with the improvised drumming adding a brilliant effect to it. The song was one of the shorter ones of the night, but lasted about 4 minutes. With no announcement, they then rushed into Blasphemy!, which was one of their largest songs. It had medieval bits, heavy bits and melodic bits. The song was the first Mind song to reach the top 40 and a personal favourite of the band. To many peoples surprise, they had played a lot of songs from their debut. However, to finish it off, they ended with the epic My Fall From Grace. For this one, yet again, Jason started on acoustic. Then, yet again, he went back to electric. The crowd were chanting along and having a wonderful time, it seemed. The end of it was a large guitar solo by both men, before wrapping the performance up and putting it to bed.

“Thank you again guys. Wonderful, wonderful time we’ve had here... probably our best performance ever! Raise your hands for Delta Tau Entertainment again!” Jason screamed before climbing down the steps and giving his guitar to a young fan. “Here ya go dude. You seemed to know all our words, so you can have this.” The fans eyes lit up, before Jason went back on stage and left.

Backstage, Mind were cheering, prepared to go out on the piss. “Yeah! I told you guys there was nothing to worry about. Believe me next time!” Jason said. “It’s not whether we had a good time though; it’s whether the judges did. Hopefully we did alright.” Aaron replied. “Stop being a pessimistic cock and just enjoy yourself! What can we do about it now? I though we were pretty good myself.” Harry snapped back with. But the thing is, they were all happy, and drunk on delirium.

UserPostedImage
Ah! I STUBBED MY TOE!

UserPostedImage
I see dead people...

UserPostedImage
Ah...ah...ACHOO!
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#12 Posted : 28 March 2010 08:29:44(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Royal Albert Hall…
Considered as one of the biggest music venues in history, only the best have been chosen to play The Hall. Tonight was really challenging for Reckoner, it was the third heat of the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands and the other competitors were really in their game to win. Musical Legends like Jakey Comatose, Lewis Mason, Carly Ferguson, Carbine Jimi Somerset Bissell, and Dame Katie Kairiri, members of the 5 most popular bands in the history of music, came to watch the industry’s fresh meat to see who was really worthy to win the battle of the bands. Also in the venue were the owners of Comatose Records and MolotoV-Records, some of the best record labels in present time, music producers, music critiques, organizers of the prestigious Birdies and many more tyrants of the music industry, It all seemed like the perfect opportunity to evolve from a worthless small-town garage-noise band to a band worthy to be in line with music’s greatest, it was an opportunity not to be wasted. The band was slowly wearing out heat by heat. They couldn’t take all of the pressure pushing down on them, it was like a huge boulder pounding them with no mercy but still, one thing was keeping them strong, the venue itself. It was a dream come true for them to be playing in Royal Albert Hall and they wouldn’t want to screw all of it up. The band then ascend the stairs leading to the main stage, they were warmly welcomed by 5000 screaming people, most of which were familiar with their music. They then spread out to go to their specific posts where their instruments were placed, Troy went on to the mic to speak to the audience while the others prepared their stuff..

Troy:Good evening Royal Albert Hall!(crowd screams) Tonight is the third heat of the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands and we have literally worked to our bones to get here tonight, it's been a long, tiring journey but it sure was a fun one and we are just happy to be performing here tonight!

Troy's speech was followed by a loud applause from the crowd. He then picked up his Telecaster as Carl began the jam called Soundcheck. It was a bluesy jam with Carl and JC both playing lead guitars and Troy playing rhythm guitar. The jam was layered by Tristan's quick drumming and JPC's groovy bassline, reminiscent of Muse's early blues jams. The other instrument suddenly drop out while Carl lonely plays a whammy-ful, Santana-like riff on his guitar. The crowd then sways with the sexy riff as Carl plays it even more soulfully adding the sexy feel to it. The solo goes on for about 2 more minutes when all the lights suddenly go off with the riff still playing. It slowly builds up to the blues riff of Strike, the lights then go on at about the same time the drums start to roll in. Troy softly yet angrily sings the verse, the song was about Troy's personal anger at his former school, he was bullied frequently and he couldn't do anything cause the bully was related to the school's owner, the song itself is complete personal anger in its raw form. The crowd felt the emotion Troy was trying to implement into the song and when it came to the chorus, everybody sang along. JC was playing guitar aggressively which was against the doctor's orders, he wanted to give it all he can and he didn't want to let the band down, he was determined. After the song, the crowd cheered as Troy was given his acoustic Martin guitar, he then went to the mic to introduce the next song...

Troy:This next song is dedicated to the next fan to jump on me violently just to ask me my autograph, its called Slow Down.

The people started clapping as Troy begins the acoustic chord progression followed by the slightly distorted electrics. The crowd, like the people back in Calton Hill, went teary eyed to the song. The pure beauty of the lyrics plus Troy's emotional falsetto singing were the perfect recipe to make anyone cry. Carl decided to turn up his distortion to make the song less tear jerking, but the distortion had no effect, people in the front row cried even harder. Carl decided to change the solo a bit since they couldn't control the situation anymore, whatever they did to the song, the crowd cries even harder so they just had to ride with it. Carl then kept pressing on the whammy bar and improvised the solo, the crowd still cried but it's not what they were thinking about anymore, the more they kept thinking about it, the more they get distracted from playing properly. They just kept on playing to see if the crowd were having a good time, which they were really having. The song then stopped with one chord strum to the acoustic followed by a great applause from the audience, the pressure in the band was slowly yet not completely removed. The real pressure inside them now was impressing the music legends present, one of which was Jakey Comatose, one of the bands BIGGEST inspirations, they wouldn't want to give a crappy performance infront of the man whom they admired for his music, they wanted to give him the best performance they can offer. Troy then gave his Martin acoustic to the crew member as she gave to him his SG, he walks on to the mic.

Troy: Thank you everybody! Well as you can see, tonight I am wearing a T-shirt,but not just any shirt, it's a LIMITED EDITION Blood of Wecz shirt that I got for free from their website! So thanks to Blood of Wecz for giving me this shirt and I hope I see our band and you guys battling it out in the next round! That would be tough though!

The crowd applauded as Troy knelt down to his bottle of water and had a drink from it, he noticed a beautiful girl standing infront of him and he winked at her just before standing up, Carl then strummed his Epiphone Casino and went to the mic to introduce the next song...

Carl:So now we'd be playing a song from one of our most favorite albums ever, In Rainbows, its called Bodysnatchers.

Troy then began playing the heavily distorted riff followed by fast paced drums and muted guitar strums, the crowd cheered hardly since they knew the song very well. Troy then started singing in a gasping-for-air voice just like how Thom Yorke sang the song. The song comes into the chorus where JC and Carl would join in on guitars, Troy played with the melody of the chorus and the fans liked it alot. The crowd sang along with Troy as they started to jump up and down causing a man-induced earthquake, it shook the building. The delay filled bridge came in with the crowd still singing along with Troy, it was followed by a heavy solo riff made by JC as Troy started singing "Oh no no no no no". The crowd went crazy to the song with every line and every note, the band thought that it might be enough to impress everybody with their amazing skills. Troy then ended the song by screaming "I've seen it coming" followed by a massive cheer from the band, if Troy wasn't mistaken, he could've sworn that Jakey Comatose and the other legends clapped after the performance. He then gave his guitar to the crew member leaving him with no instrument as he introduced the final song...

Troy: Thank you all for the great night you have shown us and we consider this the greatest gig of our lives, thank you once again! Now we wanted to leave with something epic, something that you would all remember. This next song is dedicated to the other awesome bands who joined the competition, if ever we don't get through to the next round, it's okay as long as we did our best to get here tonight. We might win, we might lose but we would always be champions. We Are The Champions.

Troy's speech was really striking, the crowd applauded his sportsmanship and showmanship, it was something really different for them to see. JC then began playing the piano as Troy started singing in a warm voice followed by another huge applause from the crowd. Tristan, JPC, and Carl come in for the chorus which was sung by Troy and the crowd. Everybody in the venue knew the song and sang along with Troy, it was truly epic. The Royal Albert Hall was shaken once more by the power of the performance, Carl soulfully played the guitar during the whole performance with JC banging his head while playing the piano, the whole band was getting into the song. Troy then jumped down the stage and into the crowd walking along with them, his mic was wireless though so it was all fine. He was grabbed by the crowd and they all hugged, shook hands, and took pictures with him as he sang the song still with no obvious distraction. The crowd still sang along as they carried Troy back on stage, and to finish it all off, Troy sang a sustained "Of The World" which lasted for 15 seconds followed by a massive applause from the crowd. The band then walked to centerstage and took a long bow before leaving the hall.

Setlist:
1.Soundcheck
2.Strike
3.Slow Down
4.Bodysnatchers(Radiohead Cover)
5.We Are The Champions(Queen Cover)

UserPostedImage
JC playing the guitar during Strike

UserPostedImage
Troy during Bodysnatchers, the Blood Of Wecz sign couldn't be ssen here

OOC: Hope I get through to the next round! Good luck to the others!
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bvgf  
#13 Posted : 28 March 2010 09:56:05(UTC)
bvgf

Man

Raining Suicide RP:
Raining Suicide are pumped and ready for their performance.George and Dean chatting away.Micheal taking his last drink before the show.And Samuel going around picking up every cent of money he find on the floor.This time the band had to play as if it was their last show ever.the previous band run off-stage which can only mean one thing.Its time to rock out on stage.Raining Suicide run on stage.

Dean:HELLO PEOPLE! YOU READY TO ROCK?!
Micheal:EVERYBODY PUT YOUR ARMS UP IN THE AIR IF YOU CAME HERE FOR US?!

About 20 hands are in the air

Dean:Ah Shit.That's our fanbase.
Gray:We Gonna Play something or leave these bitches waiting?
Dean:Fine,Any Ideas?
Micheal:Invite?
Dean:OK.We'll play Invite.

The band start of Invite.Micheal Plays the opening riff while Dean starts singing

Lyrics To Invite:

Verse 1:
The time for drugs.
The time for money.
The time for love.
The time for my honey,

Chorus:
Give me an Invite.
Give me a pass.
Give me a time.
To make up for the past.

Verse 2:
Green grass.
A bunch of cracks.
A sign of life.
But not for the last rat.

Chorus

Long Solo

Chorus

Ending:

Don't Give me an Invite.
The money of the party king.
Time for a moment of death.
And.........*Song Ends*

The audience applauds

Dean:THANK YOU!well not really
Micheal:That was good?
Samuel:Yeah,pretty good.
Dean:Another?
George:Jump?
Samuel:Bad Times?
Dean:Bad Times!That OK?
George:Yeah!
Dean:This song's called Bad Times!

A bass riff starts off the song.Followed by Georges drumming.The Song is an Instrumental.

Dean:Jump now?

A man in a Black suit comes on stage.The man whispers in Deans ear.

Man in black suit:Your band is taking too much time.You should get off the stage now.Thier are other bands.
Dean:NO WE WILL FINISH JUMP AND YOU GONNA FUCKING LOVE THE SONG WE WORKED OUR ASS OFF TO MAKE! OK?!
Dean throws the guy in the crowd as Micheal starts the lead riff to jump.

Lyrics:

Verse 1:
JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!

*Guitar Riff*

JUMP! JUMP HIGH!

Chorus:
I need to jump!
i need to run!
I need to jump!
I need a gun!

Thats all the band get through until the stadium security take them off-stage.Micheal manages to pick up a microphone and screams.
Micheal:BUY OUR MUSIC!HEY GET THE FUCK OFF ME!

Setlist:
Invite
Bad Times
Jump

Edited by user 28 March 2010 09:57:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#14 Posted : 28 March 2010 10:18:44(UTC)
bikz

Woman

And we have voting groups!

Mind
Green Leaf
The Rockers
Exit
Reckoner
Raining Suicide

Pilot
Blood Of Wecz
Clear Vision
Axiom
Ryan Ross Hernandez
Insolent Paradox

Rules are as per usual - only people currently in BOTB may vote, put who you want to stay in at the top and who you want out at the bottom. Four will leave.

Some of these look tough, but get going! (And if you haven't done your show yet, make sure you don't miss it!)

-Katie.
PS. Getting Mason/Comatose to behave .... epic fail. :P

Edited by user 31 March 2010 11:52:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#15 Posted : 28 March 2010 12:13:17(UTC)
Greenleaf

UserPostedImage

Day Before the show:

Rebecca was laying there in her bed twisting and turning. She was moaning all night and just couldn’t wake up. This was weird because she’s usually the first one to get up, make breakfast and wake up everyone. Rebecca was like the mother figure in the group and she kept everyone in check. And today was a special day because the band was going to practice all day long for their upcoming performance at the battle of the bands. However, Rebecca just couldn’t get up and if you touched her, her skin would have felt like she was swimming in Lava. As the pain got worse and worse Rebecca began to scream and tears began to roll down here eyes. The hotness of her head made her skin like a desiccant. The loud scream woke Maria, the only one who shares a room with her.

Maria: Rebecca? What is the matter? *Maria takes a look at Rebecca and with desperation touches Reb’s forehead.* Oh no, LUIS!!!! *Maria screams out the room, while Luis comes running down*

Rebecca: *Rebecca Moans* I don’t feel good, can you please get me water?

Luis: What’s going on? *Luis takes a look at Maria.

Maria: I’m going to have to take Rebecca to the hospital. Get me some water and aspirin?

Luis: Oh no. *Luis runs out and get’s a water bottle and the aspirin and returns* what happened?

Maria: Her head is boiling and she’s not looking so great. *Maria gives the water and aspirin to Rebecca* Here you go sweetie.
*Maria and Luis both help Rebecca get up and take her to the car*

Maria: I’m going to take her to the hospital, I’ll call you when I get her checked in. tell Leon to get his lazy ass up and to clean around the house. And tell him that we’re going to have to cancel the show tomorrow.

Green Leaf was set to perform an all acoustic set and Maria played a big part in this show, unfortunately without her it’s not going to happen. The band will like to make it up to their fans by doing an online performance next week on their website. The band is still appreciative for even getting to the third round since they are a new band.

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline troy211619  
#16 Posted : 28 March 2010 20:47:29(UTC)
troy211619

Man

OOC:When would be the deadline of submission of votes?
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#17 Posted : 28 March 2010 21:05:52(UTC)
bikz

Woman

troy211619 wrote:

31st March.
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#18 Posted : 28 March 2010 21:09:02(UTC)
troy211619

Man

bikz wrote:
troy211619 wrote:

31st March.

OOC:Oh, thanks! Can't vote now since almost only 5 people have posted their rps..
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#19 Posted : 28 March 2010 21:24:16(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

OOC: Wait, wait, wait... since Greenleaf has postponed their RP, does that mean that me and asdf are automatically through?
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#20 Posted : 28 March 2010 22:49:26(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Laurelles1 wrote:
OOC: Wait, wait, wait... since Greenleaf has postponed their RP, does that mean that me and asdf are automatically through?

No, you can still vote them in, being as they haven't actually copped out of the competition, just this round.
UserPostedImage