logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ExitMusic  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2010 08:16:00(UTC)
ExitMusic

Groups: Registered
Man

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Bill And Greg Leave Exit Due To 'Disagreements'

It has today been revealed that bassist Greg Birch and drummer Bill O'Neill have left Exit after they had a fallout with the rest of the band over how the band was going to sound on their next album. Exit frontman Mike Widdows took a press conference at the White Lion pub in Wigan to discuss the situation.

"Sincerely upset, that's how I would describe my feelings at the moment. My best mates have left the band. But I promise that Exit isn't finished. After seeing the news about Jakey Comatose I realised there is much more in life and this setback shall not be the last of the band. We will take some time out and will be looking for new members of the band. For the remaining tour dates me and Chip will play acoustic gigs, seeing as the only gigs we have to go are ones were we are support for others, so most of the fans will be there to see the headliners, and we will still be playing the festivals we are scheduled to play, whether we have new band mates or not."

Greg Birch also released a statement which stated "Mike has changed, he wants to change the band and make Exit a more mysterious, heavier rock band, me and Bill just can't see ourselves being involved in that. Good luck to them, but I don't think it'll last."

Fans have flooded the messageboards of Exit's official website in bemusement at the sudden split, although this will not be the last of Exit.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...
Offline bvgf  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2010 10:08:56(UTC)
bvgf

Man

Sorry your bandmates left but get a bassist and drummer soon.That Canadian tour with you is soon so I hope you can get one.
Offline old.gregg  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2010 10:48:42(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Exit will live forever! You guys are brilliant musicians, and I can say that you'll carry on producing brilliant music without a shadow of a doubt.
- Jakey x
-
Offline Moquel  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2010 10:57:32(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" I mean, if they couldnt handle the disagreements with the band, where it will not all peaches and cream, their is no WAY they can be apart of Exit and yes, Exit will live on! Love the music!"
- Moquel
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2010 11:32:25(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Man, I never expected that anyone of you guys would be leaving the band, but nothing is permanent. You guys could still get through this, you're EXIT! Oh, and if you need a drummer, I played drums since I was 10, if you need a bassist, I've been playing that since I was 15. Carl could substitute me anyway in my band's tours so I could tour with you guys.
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline ExitMusic  
#6 Posted : 03 April 2010 00:00:34(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

"Thanks for the comments, we need some motivation to move on. As for the split, it was more about me wanting to broaden the bands horizons, Greg and Bill didn't really like the idea of changing our sound. Troy we could definitely use you in whatever capacity to finish off the tour with CD Of Iron. Stay safe."

Mike
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...