logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laurelles1  
#41 Posted : 06 April 2010 21:00:46(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: This is some seriously good RP. If I had the concentration and ability, I would try, but I don't.

Jason: Yeah, the power thing sucked. At least it got sorted out eventually.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#42 Posted : 14 April 2010 12:20:05(UTC)
Synxhard

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hey guys, some huge news right here. I'll try to keep it short and simple, but I might start ranting a bit. Sorry ahead of time. Anyway, recently we've been discussing as a band a slight change of direction, from the more groove/traditional influenced vibe to a much heavier sound. The 4 of us have came to a big decision, and to keep it short and sweet, our new sound can loosely be described as American Death/Thrash muscle meets Swedish Blackened madness. Yep, we're going death metal. I feel this is really what the band has been waiting to do for a long time, and I hope you guys will understand. Also, Matt has decided to drop vocal duties, as he feels like he was originally forced into the front-man position in Nile's Fear, which is something he never wanted to be, but we got a fantastic new vocalist, by the name of Scott Trevor. This dude is one of the funniest, lovable party animals out there, and man can he scream. Scott does it all, the black metal highs, the deathy lows, the thrash mids, and some of the most wicked hardcore barks you'll ever hear. We'll be playing our first show with him tonight at the Long Beach Arena. Talk about pressure. Anyway, you guys are probably wondering what'll happen with our old material. Well, we're gonna keep it for now, cause, I mean, it's the second biggest debut album ever, and not half bad if I do say so myself, but we'll be throwing on some serious thrash/death twists and likely cutting out the sung sections. We had a recent photo shoot with Scott, check it out.

UserPostedImage

Left To Right: Matt Carver, Jimmy Sullivan, Scott Trevor, Corey Di'Antonio, David Demmel

-Corey
BGR

Edited by user 14 April 2010 12:20:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Synxhard  
#43 Posted : 15 April 2010 14:37:34(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

So, as you've likely all been wondering, what's gonna happen now? We had plans to jump back into the studio in September after the un-named cover album was released, but now it's looking like we may jump in the studio quite a bit sooner. We've been on the road for quite some time, and it's given us time for quite a few jam sessions. A sophomore album is brewing behind the scenes, and Jimmy's managed to get a demo on Pro Tools of what will act as a intro to the album and a prelude to Track #1 (Rotting Salvation). The 2 minutes of music is currently called Hallow Grounds, here's a taste of it:

Music:

The whispering of an artificial howling wind, masked by mountains of effects, creeps in, joined by booms and whistles that sound faintly like bells, distorted heavily by cold, reverberating echoes. Mentally, images of freezing gray mausoleums and broken, decaying slate graves unfold, like dots amid a browning, dead forest. You can almost see the full moon, glowing wickedly over head, as a clang not far off from the sound of distant machinery snaps the near silence. Around the 35 second point, the bells, whose notes seem to sustain themselves for hauntingly infinite amounts of time, begin chromatically descending, building knots in your stomach. This is when a deep, demonic voice slithers into the mix, chanting indiscernible jumbles of words. The mans voice is doubled and looped, adding an unsteady and hypnotic effect. Just as the track seems to have completely mesmerized its listeners, a far of, metallic poly rhythm breaks the spell. At first, all that is heard is the distant, crunchy snare/guitar combo of 'buh-duh-buh-duh, buh, buh-duh-buh-duh', followed by the cryptic mass of noise that introduced the song. This pattern is repeated, until the fourth time through, which ends in a much more in your face, punchy chord. Corey counts out to four on a shimmery sounding hi-hat, and Black Gold Reign converges into actual song, Jimmy and Matt harmonizing wicked, Halloween-esque chord patters, which are chromatically "harmonized" by David, while Corey keeps with the steady poly-rhythm on the snare, all the while keeping the beat with quarter notes on his double kick pedal, tuned slightly higher than normal for the punchy, smash your jaw effect. They pass through this 4 times, and once again meet the single chord followed by hi-hat counting. This time they transition into a brutal chugging riff, embellished by sliding chord progressions and un-naturally tight diminished trills. Repeating the now established pattern, they hang on a single, distorted and knotty chord, and this time the track begins to fade, signalling the end of the song.

We've released this track as an EP, simply entitled 'Hallow Grounds'. It has hit #3 in the world in it's first week, selling a quarter of a million records. Oh snap.

Here's some pics from the road:

UserPostedImage
Corey in Seattle.

UserPostedImage
Signing shit. Corey to the left, and half of Matt in the gray shirt.

UserPostedImage
Jimmy and Scott on Scott's debut show, Jimmy to the left, Scott to the right.

UserPostedImage
Mind in Montreal, note Jason's hair.

UserPostedImage
The Voyd

UserPostedImage
David, that Latin fucker.

UserPostedImage
Due to the commercial success of 'Archetype', we can afford this place (for one night only, but that's not important). Yep, rockin the Westin.

-Matt
BGR

OOC: Really happy with the rp, any thoughts?

Edited by user 28 April 2010 11:17:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Laurelles1  
#44 Posted : 15 April 2010 23:05:43(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: From what i've heard, wow. It sounds immense and you all sound more comfortable with it as well. Can't waiit to hear wht comes next.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#45 Posted : 16 April 2010 10:48:26(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Thanks man, great to hear you like it. You should come down to the studio we stopped at here in San Diego and hang out, it would be pretty tight.

-Corey
BGR
Offline Synxhard  
#46 Posted : 27 April 2010 15:40:17(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

News on the album tomorrow, just hear to drop in a little info on the track titles for our sophomore album. Not gonna drop the album name just yet, but to get your minds racing, I can guarantee there will in fact be a title track, so get a guessing. In the mean time, we'll be headlining the Second Stage of the Underground Sound Fest, a lovely little event put together by none other than our very own Scott Trevors. Without further a due, I give you, the tracklisting:

1. Hallowed Grounds (Intro To Rotting Salvation/Prelude To Album) - 2:00
2. Rotting Salvation - 3:55
3. In The Blink Of A Shrunken Eye - 2:34
4. God Of Mortals - 3:23
5. A Tragedy Macabre - 3:11
6. Darkness Never To Wane - 2:55
7. Grasp Of The Frozen Pines - 4:43
8. To The Humble Maggots, The Putrid Flies - 4:18
9. Porcelain - 4:25
10. Paint It Black - 2:36

-Matt
BGR