logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marksy  
#1 Posted : 07 April 2010 05:17:40(UTC)
Marksy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Kieran Marks has been in the public eye ever since him and his first band The Verdict Is Vengeance broke into the mainstream, but what do people actually know of the 20 Year old man from Essex, England. He has come to tell us about why he left The Verdict Is Vengeance, why he gave up being boss of Suicide Records and more information on his new project and plans for the future.

Interviewer: Thanks for coming to talk with us at Kerrang!, we've wanted to talk with you since the whole situation with The Verdict Is Vengeance

Kieran: It's fine with me, I would have come to talk earlier but i've been so busy reccently.

Interviewer: We understand, can you explain what happened with leaving The Verdict Is Vengeance?

Kieran: Well basically, I felt as if I wasn't being listened to anymore, the band were going in a direction that I didn't like, becoming more of an alternative rock band. They also overworked me, I was not ready for recording vocals for the EP that they had planned for the band to record. So when it all got to much I quit, and the only member that I still talk to is Rob (Lead Guitar) and apperently they all hate me. I couldn't care less.

Interviewer: Is the reason you still talk to Rob because of him now owning your former record label, Suicide Records?

Kieran: Not at all, although we have talked about it a fair amount. I told him that I needed some time away from the stress of running a label, and touring for nearly a whole year, so he offered to take control of the label for as long as I needed. Me and him talk about everything we used to, the only difference is we aren't in the same band anymore.

Interviewer: Your newest project Zzzonked have finished a tour across the UK with I Spy Mudkipz, how did it feel to be touring with a new set of band mates?

Kieran: They aren't really a new set of band mates, more my original band from College, the band played without me and Isaac (Bass) while we made The Verdict Is Vengeance, but now we are back and will be better than The Verdict Is Vengeance.

Interviewer: You've started to record your debut album, can we have some details on the musical stylings and when we will hear some songs from it?

Kieran: It's going to be a metalcore album, but with an electronic influence, there will be songs to mosh to, songs to dance to, and songs for doing both at the same time. The first single is due to be released on April 10th as a free download from our myspace (www.myspace.com/zzzonked) and website (zzzonked.co.uk)

Interviewer: Any other plans for the near future?

Kieran: As a band, we haven't made many plans for this year, but for myself I have a few plans; I'm going to the IMA's with the beautiful Holly Zona, who i'm really exticted to go with, and I'm planning some very big ideas, that i'll be announcing later in the year.

Interviewer: You and Holly Zona going to the IMA's? Sounds very interesting..

Kieran: Who knows what could happen after it.

Interviewer: Well, that sounds great to us here, thanks for talking to us.

Kieran: Thanks for listening, hope to talk again soon.

UserPostedImage
Kieran during the Live To Die Tour 2010

Zzzonked's debut single Numbers Are Counted For Nothing Here is due for release on April 10th for a free download on www.zzzonked.co.uk, www.myspace.com/zzzonked and www.suiciderecords.co.uk

OCC: Comments from fans would be appreciated :)