logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2010 04:13:01(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Its been a long time since we've heard from the critically acclaimed rock band Reckoner, they've kept silent ever since the release of their hit debut album Invisible, but now it seems like they're back and better than ever to deliver us great music as always. They've been busy recording their sophomore album with Ryan Ross Hernandez, Regan Futrell, and Liam O'Mally in the V-Records Studios and we're lucky enough to have taken a few minutes of their time to interview them about the new album, involvement in the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands and many, many more..

NME: Hello guys, how are you?
JC: Are we allowed to swear?
NME: Well I guess so..
JC: Fucking Shit..
Troy: What JC meant was that we are pretty much stressed out, most young bands today speak of how much they envy us, how they wish they could make songs like us or perform like us during concerts just to get the fame and attention they need, but if I could give them a piece of advice, I would tell them not to, it's shit out there and maybe they'd even regret it all..
NME: So the rockstar life is pretty hard for you? Is it?
Carl:Well not really, its been more of a blast actually. We got the chance to go around the world, meet a lot of people whom we call "fans", and do what we love most which is music, the downside though is that we had no rest from the media, the demand of people for us has raised greatly since the release of Negative, its driving us all nuts. We barely even have the time to go home just for a day, and as JC said, that was the real shitty part.
NME: So it's really been a hard time for you guys..
JC: Yeah, real shit..
NME: So tell us your reaction to being in the Final 4 of the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands?
Troy: Let Tristan talk this time!
Tristan: Well, the Battle of the Bands has been great so far, we do have mixed emotions about it. Its overwhelming that we reached the Final 4 with great acts such as Mind, Blood of Wecz, and Ryan Ross Hernandez as competition, but as we have been telling you guys, we're slowly wearing out, it's no surprise that we'd get kicked off this next round for sure since we are really tired and we're focusing on finishing the album before the deadline which is April 30 so it's a miracle incase we pass through, we're full support on our best buddies Mind though, they're a great band and they really make us proud to have supported them..
NME: You do have a great connection with Mind even though they're on the other side of the genres..
JPC: Actually genres don't interfere with friendship, we don't even care if Mind go into pop because we'd stay as friends no matter what. Mind has given us a lot of things we are thankful for, one being the Chromosome 13 Tour, they offered us a support slot which we gladly accepted. That tour widened our fanbase into wider horizons and we owe all of that to Mind.
NME: Nice to see some friendly stuff going on the music industry! So tell us something about your new album!
Troy: Well our new album experiments into different genres like Metal,Blues, punk Rock, and a little bit of Pop, but still the album has that distinct Reckoner sound. We've also expanded our lyrical themes from personal angst and problems in Invisible, to deeper stuff like ultra-violence,prostitution, poverty, and many more in the new album its like the lyrics transformed into a deeper being.
JC: I actually have a list of things to look out for the new album:
-A semi-metal song inspired by Mind
-A live favorite which was made famous during the DTBotB4 rounds, it's sure to make you cry!
-A guitar driven song which includes 3 minutes of guitar solos during the outro..
NME: Wow! The descriptions itself made me excited!
Troy: Well to give you all a treat, we have a surprise announcement, we'd be releasing a Part 1 of a Two Part EP tomorrow and it features some songs which have potential in being in the album..
NME: Would there be any free copies just like in your previous releases?
JC: Well ofcourse there are! First 10 purchasers of Part 1 would receive a free copy of Part 2! So you guys should hurry up before it's too late!
NME: You heard it all here first guys! Buy the first part of Reckoner's Unnamed EP tomorrow and receive the second part for free!
(OOC: I'm not completely happy with the interview but it would do, its 1AM and I rushed this in time for the release of the EP tomorrow, I was supposed to post this a few minutes ago but the whole system shut down and I had to rewrite the whole thing!)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bdylan88  
#2 Posted : 09 April 2010 04:25:16(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Welcome back! This are gonna get HOT with the return of Reckoner!!!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline troy211619  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2010 04:28:39(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Thanks man, real excited with the release of the EPs than the big album!
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline jjfields  
#4 Posted : 09 April 2010 08:19:39(UTC)
jjfields

I am very pleased to see that Reckoner is back.

-JJ Fields