logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2010 08:50:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
In this months Q Magazine - Call Me feature we called Alicia Lena and this is how our conversation went

Hello, Alicia how are you?
Great. I’m in New York. It’s a massive relief to know that my albums finished and I don’t have any work in the studio left to do, it’s a couple of weeks of just relaxing apart from the promotional things like magazine interviews and stuff.

How will you be spending your time off?
Just relaxing in general, I know that I’ve a tough year ahead with touring so I’m not gonna be taking this time off for granted. I’ll generally be spending my days in the apartment and my nights out in New York with friends.

So talk us through your daily plan?
I don’t really have a permanent plan but I do have a plan today.
I woke up at 7:15am and got dressed in my sweats and went jogging, I got back in my apartment at about 8:25am and went in the shower. I then just put on some old clothes and just relaxed in my apartment. At about 3:00pm I’m gonna be meeting up with friends and we’ll probably just go shopping and then go out partying later tonight.

You spent last night with Dan Richards from the band The Walls, how did that happen?
Well his band was in New York doing a photo shoot and they had recently finalised a deal with Junction Records, I had met him last week but we never spoke, He was looking for a date at the IMA’s and so was I so we got in touch and arranged a date and that was it really.

So what happened on this date?
Well we had dinner at a restaurant on 46th Street, we then went out to a club near my apartment and had a lot of fun there, he then took me to meet the other guys from his band and he walked me to my apartment and we called it a night.

Any future there between you guys?
I don’t know it was just one date, but we’ve arranged to meet up and I’m planning on seeing one of his bands shows, I’m also going to the IMA’s with him but at the moment we’re just friends who are signed to the same label. He’s great fun though and he’s so charming which I think will benefit him in this industry.

Well I hope your friendship goes well, What can we expect from your debut album?
There’s no main theme within the album, It’s just a load of songs I’ve written over the years and we picked the best ten, In the future I’ll be changing things up a bit. I’d love to make an album which shows off a different wilder side of me.

So you do have a wild side in you, you’ve been very classy so far?
I’m not 100% wild, the person you have read about in interviews and stuff that’s the person I am, But everyone has a wild side to them which comes out every so often, I didn’t want to take that risk on my debut album but sometimes you’ve just gotta let go off the rains and have fun, Back in California when I was about 15 - 17 my life was what you read about in Rock stars biography’s but that’s not who I am anymore.

So whats the wildest thing you’ve done in your life?
Um, When I was living in California like I say I was wild back then, I’d party almost everyday and night and I did take one particular drug but it wasn’t a good experience and that’s the only time I’ve taken drugs.
One other time, I had a lot of alcohol and my friends were having a party on the beach so things got a bit wild and I ended up having sex there but I wasn’t well hidden. That was talked about a bit when I went back to school but you learn from mistakes, I don’t think people see me as a sexual person because I don’t usually talk about it and I don’t really wear revealing clothes that much. But the truth is I’m still a sexual person I just tend to keep things quiet.

So the wild girl is still there, why don’t you show it as often?
Because it’s not right, I have a past which I kind of regret but I also learned a lot from it so it’s not really as much a regret as I originally thought. I guess now that I’m kind of famous I have to be a good role model but I’m not gonna tell people to not have sex or not drink or not do drugs, it’s there decision and there’s nothing I can really do to change there decision, they need to learn from there mistakes.

Well thanks for your time and we wish you the best of luck on your debut album
Thanks, it’s really appreciated.
Offline MATTT  
#2 Posted : 09 April 2010 11:44:38(UTC)
MATTT

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
I had a great time to. Cant wait to see you again

-Dan
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.