logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrianaRisk  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2010 13:24:01(UTC)
BrianaRisk

Groups: Registered

Touch Magazine was lucky enough to sit down with electronica artist Briana Risk recently and talk about the little things thats becoming big things in her life. from labels, to awards, to boys, to the future! read on....

TOUCH: It was recently announced that you are nominated for THREE IMAs, how did you find this out and what were you thinking?

BRIANA: I actually found out by reading a gossip collum (laughs) at first i thought it was a hoax because i thought there was no way that i could be nominated for anything, i havent even released anything! but sure enough i am, so i guess im a bit puzzled, but flattered none the less.

TOUCH: Are you attending? If so, with whom?

BRIANA: I guess i HAVE to go now! (laughs) no seriously i will be attending, and my date is Murder.

TOUCH: Your boss!?

BRIANA: yeah! but he doesent feel like my boss at all. hes one of the most sweetest people ive ever met and is really involved when it comes to helping his artist.

TOUCH: Now its rumoured that you are doing a song with him for his Hollywood Zombie project, is this true!?

BRIANA: well i HAVE worked with him recently, but we'll let him announce that, im not one for stealing anyone's thunder

TOUCH: Could there be any love in the air between you two!??

BRIANA: I knew that question was coming up, it seems like everyone just wants to hear about my love life!

TOUCH: Well...

BRIANA: Murder is a close friend of mine, just as Matt from Saburben Sunrise, ive went on dates with both. but im trying to keep my personal life just that. PERSONAL. i dont want to be a celebrity based on who im sharing a bed with. i want it to be about my music.

TOUCH: Fair enough, so when can we hear some official music from you?

BRIANA: Soon, im getting an EP ready that will be the opening act to my album. im currently shifting production of the record to Germany. i love the club scene there and highly influenced by that genre, so im hoping some of that will rub off!

TOUCH: You got a tour going on this summer with Tisha Jackson, and you recently said youve had some suprises in store, care to elaborate?

BRIANA: Well all i can say is, ive selected 20 dancers, a lazer crew, and ive set my tracklisting full of original songs and a few eyebrow raising covers that people will really like!

TOUCH: What are you listening to these days?

BRIANA: Well Tisha's new album has been on repeat since i downloaded it of course. i cant get enough of that record. Holly Zuma's EP is good too. i would love to collaborate with her at some point in time. and there is an indie band called Cooper, whos opening for Saburben Sunrise right now. they released a single and believe it or not, ive fallen in love with it. its so buzzy and noisy, and really different than whats going on in mainstream rock radio right now.

TOUCH: Do you listen to alot of rock music? i find that strange coming from an electronica artist.

BRIANA: i listen to everything. some of the electronica artists that i listen to have some rock influences here and there like Death In Vegas and The Chemical Brothers, so its not all that strange that electronica artists would listen to other types of music.

TOUCH: well thanks for answering those questions, and good luck on your IMAs! hope to see you there on the winning stage, and we (like most of the readers) cant wait to see and hear more from you in the coming months!
B R I A N A - R I S K

Offline troy211619  
#2 Posted : 09 April 2010 13:31:08(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Y'know, what you said about your personal life'and not revealing it to the public eye was really good. Now I know you're a real musician and not some popstar who does everything for attention, I think I'm falling in love with you!
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2010 14:03:02(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Nice Interveiw

-Aj
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline SuicideParty  
#4 Posted : 09 April 2010 15:01:48(UTC)
SuicideParty

You Rock! glad to start seeing amazing talent get interviews :)

- Murder
Offline Moquel  
#5 Posted : 10 April 2010 09:43:54(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" When I saw Briana, I knew she was a future good in music. Just a new generation"
- Moquel
UserPostedImage
Offline Cooper  
#6 Posted : 10 April 2010 14:19:35(UTC)
Cooper

Aaron: wow Briana Risk just plugged our debut single in her interview! talk about free press! thanks! AND glad you like it!
......................................................................................................................

Aaron Cooper. guitar, vocals
Brandon Fisher. guitar, backing vocals
Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline gumba  
#7 Posted : 10 April 2010 20:14:40(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Really seems like Briana Risk has her head screwed on. I'm really looking forward to hearing the album. Once we get the Lightyears project off the ground expect us to hit you up to collaborate in some way. By then you'll probably be insanely busy though so I don't like our chances. Keep up the good work and you'll be able to make your music career whatever you want it to be.

- Clint Walkingshaw
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)