logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Stray Cats  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2010 04:10:31(UTC)
The Stray Cats

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage
“Who the f*ck are The Stray Cats?”

One might be offended by the title of this piece, but that’s the question I usually get when I tell people about my latest musical discovery. You might have heard of them before, even maybe heard one of their songs on your local radio station, but still, you ask, “who the f*ck are The Stray Cats?”

First I have to tell you how I came to discover this amazing new band hailing from Huddersfield. It all started on a dull Wednesday night, as I checked my e-mails. I had received an e-mail from an old friend from university saying that he had discovered an “amazing band, you just have to listen to this”. I clicked the embedded link that took me to a YouTube video of a live performance of the band. Perhaps the first thing that got my attention was the fact that the performance was right in the middle of a street. There was no fancy lights or pyrotechnics at all, just these four kids playing in a very improvised stage. What I saw and heard was something quite unique. Their music has such an energy to it that one can’t just describe. That’s how I came to like them so much.

Now, on to the title question. Who the f*ck are The Stray Cats, you ask. The Stray Cats, as I said before, is a four piece band from Huddersfield. It is composed of Julian O’Malley (lead vocals and guitar), Katelin O’Mally (guitar, backing vocals), Andy Wright (bass, backing vocals) and Brent Anderson (drums, backing vocals). They manage to create a very peculiar signature sound, while drawing strong influences from big name bands such as The White Stripes and Arctic Monkeys.

Be on the look out for The Stray Cats, since they’ll be releasing their first full length album this Friday and I for one wouldn’t be surprised if they managed to get into the Top 100 (hey, don’t laugh! That’s a big deal for small bands like this!). Unfortunately, they do not have a label yet, but the album, whose title I still don’t know, will be available from several websites and a few select stores in the UK. I’ll be definitely be getting a copy and, honestly, I suggest you do the same.

- Random Music blog

OOC: This looked so much better on Word... :(
Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2010 05:08:59(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I fucking love it, just looked them up after I read this and their brilliant. Can't wait til the album comes out, literally peeing myself with excitement. Favourite new band in a long, long time.

Billy
Failed Youth
Offline Mt. Epic  
#3 Posted : 12 April 2010 05:16:05(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
aww, they sound cute and painful
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline troy211619  
#4 Posted : 12 April 2010 07:36:51(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Who the f*ck are The Stray Cats? Well the newest band to shake the music industry right to its bone!
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)
OOC: I love the title, are you from Music Maven too?
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#5 Posted : 12 April 2010 07:41:12(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: Heard you on the radio recently. I'm still picking my face up from the floor, you bastards! Seriously, some amazing stuff you have here.
OOC: I'm liking the looks of this guy. Some Music Maven imports are pretty good.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline The Stray Cats  
#6 Posted : 14 April 2010 10:04:21(UTC)
The Stray Cats

OOC: Actually, I’m not from Music Maven, but it’s great to know you guys like me already! I feel so special!!!!111oneoneone Lol, j/k, but really, thanks.

“Supernova” out this Friday!

The debut album of the Huddersfield-based Indie Rock band, The Stray Cats, entitled “Supernova”, will be released this Friday in select UK stores and through several online music retailers in both digital and CD formats. Pre-sales started today at many UK-based e-tailers and, according to a music store representative, the album is expected to sell out quite quickly.

“Supernova” is composed of ten original tracks, all of which have been written by Katelin O’Malley and her brother, Julian, who’s also in the band. Julian and Katelin share guitars and vocals for most of the songs.

According to the band’s MySpace page, the first single will be “The Darkest Hour is Just Before Dawn”, which will be released on the Monday following the official album release. This single will be followed by “Up The Long Ladder” and “Dream A Little Dream Of Me”, both of which still have no set release date.

See more details below:

UserPostedImage
©2010 The Stray Cats™. All Rights Reserved.
Recorded at Strongroom Music Studios, London, UK.

Tracklist:
1. The Darkest Hour is Just Before Dawn – 4:32
2. Chapters – 3:15
3. Static – 3:23
4. Up The Long Ladder – 5:01
5. The Quick and The Dead – 4:27
6. When All Hell Breaks Loose – 3:41
7. Turning of The Tide – 3:54
8. The Perfect Storm – 3:08
9. Looking Out From Within – 4:52
10. Dream A Little Dream Of Me – 4:12

- Random Music blog