logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mistadurrk  
#41 Posted : 13 April 2010 11:59:42(UTC)
Mistadurrk

Groups: Registered
Man

1. Band Name: DethTech
2. Band Style: Experimental
3. Albums Released Previously: None so far
4. Whether you want artworks from us or not: Yes
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#42 Posted : 13 April 2010 12:08:48(UTC)
Greenleaf

1. Band Name: Green Leaf
2. Band Style: Alternative Rock/Pop, Indie
3. Albums Released Previously: None (Debut Album to be released April 19, 2010)
4. Whether you want artworks from us or not: No, but thanks

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline uberdaveman  
#43 Posted : 13 April 2010 12:10:13(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

Mistadurrk wrote:
1. Band Name: DethTech
2. Band Style: Experimental
3. Albums Released Previously: None so far
4. Whether you want artworks from us or not: Yes

OOC: Ok Mr. Jumps-the-gun let's settle down a bit. Try MTN Climber Records. It's for bands like you who are just starting out .

edit:
Greenleaf wrote:

OOC: Ditto

Edited by user 13 April 2010 12:10:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I hate signatures, but I love you.

Sage Thrasher:
Leon "Vocals" Henderson - Vocals
Jimmy Von Noodlenose - Guitar/Backing Vocals
Horton Q - Bass
Jon "Replaceable" Jones - Drums
#44 Posted : 13 April 2010 12:30:10(UTC)
Greenleaf

uberdaveman wrote:

edit:
Greenleaf wrote:

OOC: Quite funny coming from..... Mr. Only been here 2 months. Last time I checked you're no manager nor owner of V-records. I'm pretty sure that is an option or something that's preferable, but if a band wants to give it a shot at the bigger label why not? It's not up to you to tell people what to do. Especially since you have only been here 2 months, kay sir. I appreciate the advice though.

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline ScaryShoes  
#45 Posted : 13 April 2010 12:40:35(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

Greenleaf wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

edit:
Greenleaf wrote:

OOC: Quite funny coming from..... Mr. Only been here 2 months. Last time I checked you're no manager nor owner of V-records. I'm pretty sure that is an option or something that's preferable, but if a band wants to give it a shot at the bigger label why not? It's not up to you to tell people what to do. Especially since you have only been here 2 months, kay sir. I appreciate the advice though.

OCC:Technically for new bands MTN Climber Records is where you will go and work your way up. Releasing two records is the proving ground so to say to join V-Records. The Voyd was at MTN Climber Records. I mean my band was able to jump to V-Records but I proved myself within the label which is pretty hard to do. Don't take it as an insult but a motivation to make it to the "big leagues"
Bands:
The Voyd [Alternative/Post Grunge/Hard Rock]-Active
Destroy All Monsters:[Crunkcore/Post Hardcore/Rap Rock]
-Disbanded
#46 Posted : 13 April 2010 12:52:55(UTC)
Greenleaf

ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

edit:
Greenleaf wrote:

OCC:Technically for new bands MTN Climber Records is where you will go and work your way up. Releasing two records is the proving ground so to say to join V-Records. The Voyd was at MTN Climber Records. I mean my band was able to jump to V-Records but I proved myself within the label which is pretty hard to do. Don't take it as an insult but a motivation to make it to the "big leagues"

OOC: Um no. All you've mentioned is not said in the V-records front page, nor anywhere, It's just an option or a preference. I'm pretty sure in real life people would give big record labels a shot if they have the talent and the proof of success with them. The point here is that you are no one to say that because you're not a manager or owner of V-records. It's not up to you to decide or to recommend anyone. Not to start no beef or anything.

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline ScaryShoes  
#47 Posted : 13 April 2010 13:01:06(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

Greenleaf wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

edit:
Greenleaf wrote:

OOC: Um no. All you've mentioned is not said in the V-records front page, nor anywhere, It's just an option or a preference. I'm pretty sure in real life people would give big record labels a shot if they have the talent and the proof of success with them. The point here is that you are no one to say that because you're not a manager or owner of V-records. It's not up to you to decide or to recommend anyone. Not to start no beef or anything.

OCC:If you go around and ask any new band signed to this label, they all got the same offer. MTN Climber Records is a development to the big record label. I'm 99.9% sure of this as well. Although I am not Cody and do not run the label, I have been on this label for a while. Also technically this isn't real life by any means. Also many labels have their parent label and development labels. I am not recommending or deciding anything. I just know how this label has been ran. I mean if you have released a second album then it may be a different story. However that is how Cody has ran things. Now he may change that aspect but that how he has been. Just the facts man.
Bands:
-Disbanded
#48 Posted : 13 April 2010 13:10:11(UTC)
Greenleaf

ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

edit:
Greenleaf wrote:

OCC:If you go around and ask any new band signed to this label, they all got the same offer. MTN Climber Records is a development to the big record label. I'm 99.9% sure of this as well. Although I am not Cody and do not run the label, I have been on this label for a while. Also technically this isn't real life by any means. Also many labels have their parent label and development labels. I am not recommending or deciding anything. I just know how this label has been ran. I mean if you have released a second album then it may be a different story. However that is how Cody has ran things. Now he may change that aspect but that how he has been. Just the facts man.

Are you kidding me right now dude? Like i said, All you've mentioned is not said in the V-records front page, nor anywhere, It's just an option or a preference. You're not a manager or owner of V-records. It's not up to you to decide or to recommend anyone. If that's the way things work then i'll be happy to try that label, but i need Cody aka asdf to tell me that not a noob who is inferring something that may not be true. And what you say it's a lie because last time I checked Reckoner has release one album not two and they are signed.

Edit: If you're that serious about this let's take this over Pm cause I don't want to flood Cody's thread.

Edited by user 13 April 2010 13:15:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline ScaryShoes  
#49 Posted : 13 April 2010 13:17:48(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

Greenleaf wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

edit:
Greenleaf wrote:

Are you kidding me right now dude? Like i said, All you've mentioned is not said in the V-records front page, nor anywhere, It's just an option or a preference. You're not a manager or owner of V-records. It's not up to you to decide or to recommend anyone. If that's the way things work then i'll be happy to try that label, but i need Cody aka asdf to tell me that not a noob who is inferring something that may not be true. And what you say it's a lie because last time I checked Reckoner has release one album not two and they are signed.

First of all, I am not a noob. Secondly Reckoner has released a second album and they have also proven to be a great live act which helps their resume. Thirdly since I am signed on to V-Records, wouldn't you think that I might just by some chance know what goes on during the process? That is all I am saying. I am trying to give you a heads up here so that you will know. Don't get all pissey with me for it. Now if you want to continue your whining then pm me. I just suggest though to get back on topic because to be honest I don't want to deal with a flame war which i see happening very soon if this doesn't get back on topic.
Bands:
-Disbanded
#50 Posted : 13 April 2010 13:24:08(UTC)
Greenleaf

ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
ScaryShoes wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

edit:
Greenleaf wrote:

First of all, I am not a noob. Secondly Reckoner has released a second album and they have also proven to be a great live act which helps their resume. Thirdly since I am signed on to V-Records, wouldn't you think that I might just by some chance know what goes on during the process? That is all I am saying. I am trying to give you a heads up here so that you will know. Don't get all pissey with me for it. Now if you want to continue your whining then pm me. I just suggest though to get back on topic because to be honest I don't want to deal with a flame war which i see happening very soon if this doesn't get back on topic.

Um, you're the one who's whining about me not trying to get signed with MTN. Which is none of your business. Like i said dude, Reckoner has released only one album according to their webpage and I have a feeling that you see me as a threat for some odd reason, so I'm going to drop this. I have better things to do than argue with someone on here about something completely pointless. Now if you excuse me, I have some good RP's to do.

Edited by user 13 April 2010 13:26:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline ScaryShoes  
#51 Posted : 13 April 2010 13:29:54(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

umm just check reckoner's TRSG site and it shows it...
btw i was just telling you when i first posted that the guy was right and that it's not a bad thing. Also i am in no way threatened by you. I could care less by you. However, the fact you get an attitude after telling you how it basically works got me fired up. But I am done with replying to this mess that you have decided to start.
Bands:
-Disbanded
Offline asdf  
#52 Posted : 13 April 2010 13:41:21(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: Actually Leafy, that is how I have done it with every newer artist who had requested to join V-Records. They go to MTN, release 2 albums, move here if I see fit. If you would like to join MTN for a chance to eventually move up, let me know.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#53 Posted : 13 April 2010 13:58:22(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: I checked Reckoner's page and it says they have only released one album not two unless your counting their new EP. Also Stephanie Fierce was signed before she even officially released one album. The whole idea of the only way of getting signed by releasing two albums is completely retarded and unrealistic in my opinion. Now if unfortunately that's the way things work for this label Green Leaf still qualifies. They have released a demo album which has sold over 1,000,000 copies and technically they are releasing a second album. If that's not enough then what the hell has V-records turned into.
Offline chopper1156  
#54 Posted : 08 May 2010 15:09:46(UTC)
chopper1156

Man

1. Band Name: Act Of God
2. Band Style: Hard Rock/Metal
3. Albums Released Previously: None
4. Whether you want artworks from us or not: Nope

OOC:I got permission to bring this old thread back, just saying
Old Successes

The Rebels
Iron Hammer
Till Death Do Us Part

Now-Act Of God-New Wave of American Heavy Metal/Nu-Metal

Sounds like-Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Godsmack, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy.

Signed to-Monk on Fire Music

Jason Wilson
Connor McWilliams
Geo
Sebastian
Alex Walkman

Nominated for Best Band at the 21st IMAS/Birdies