logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Regan  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2010 15:18:44(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The Waiting Room have been hard at work on it's next studio album and it is now complete. The album was produced by Regan Futrell who is famous for his work in Quarantine and also for producing the up and coming new Reckoner album and for producing bunker18s debut album. He has produced many of other albums as well but this one is looking to be very promising.

Paul Reeves stated that this album is different then "Machines" which the whole band did just as a project but this album is to be more ambient and more progressive rock. It is also said Paul wrote some of his heaviest and raw sounding songs since his days in Fear which would make sense since the band reunited the other day. The album is to be titled "Paradox of Hedonism". The tracklist that was reported on the bands site has been changed into a now official tracklist of whats below. Same tracks just different order:

01. Radiofrequency(Someone, Anyone?)[Feat. Tim Drik] - 2:48
02. Paradox of Hedonism - 4:01
03. Fallen From An Elevator With No Escape[Feat. Ryan Ross Hernandez] - 6:12
04. Bloodlines - 3:58
05. Walking In Circles - 5:21
06. Fracture Fragments[Feat. Tim Dunn] - 4:04
07. Hallucination/Interlude - 8:29
08. Butcher-Knife[Feat. Raven Comatose] - 3:48
09. Porcelain Skin[Feat. Jimmy Him] - 4:29
10. The Breeze[Feat. Jakey Comatose] - 7:59

When asked on the albums title frontman Paul Reeves had this to say:
"The album is about finding happiness. You can set there and say you are but you really aren't. You have to aim yourself at a different goal to be able to find happiness along the way. That's where the album title comes from. This was a very hard record to make. "Porcelain Skin" is a very different track for me. It's ambient, and experimental. I love the way this record sounds and plays. I just hope everyone else does as much as we love it. It's different. They really don't make it like this anymore."

The Waiting Room have been nominated for Best Band, Best Single[Fallen From An Elevator With No Escape], and Best Live Act at the IMA's.

Artwork to come soon and "Fallen From An Elevator With No Escape" was released for free last night! The next single "Walking In Circles" is to be released before the album is released. More news later.

Edited by user 12 April 2010 07:55:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Regan  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2010 07:51:56(UTC)
Regan

Man

Album Cover:
UserPostedImage

Release date has been bumped to this Tuesday!

Paul Reeves recently described some of the songs.

"My favorite if I had to choose one from this album would be the one we did with Jimmy Him of The Nimrods called "Porcelain Skin". This song is very different then anything we have ever done. It's ambient, electronical, and sounds like a fantasy. The whole album doesn't sound like this but this is the one where people will be like "They sure did take it to another level on this track." I'm not expecting fans to like it but we love it and we love our fans but the rest of the album is filled with surprises. It isn't a Fear record and it isn't a record that sounds like "Machines"(Our last album which I didn't like BTW) but I think it sounds more like "The Grey Album" and "Define Gravity". It's a very progressive record and it's experimental. Not experimental in a way Regan and the rest of Quarantine took their band after their first album but experimental as in experimenting with different genres. I think fans will like this record. Like it or not I know I do. I'm very positive on how this album will turn out. My next favorite would have to be "Fallen From An Elevator With No Escape". I've always admire Ryan as a song writer and I gain a lot more respect of him as a guitarist recently. People will probally think this is the darkest song from the album but it isn't. This album is more about finding happiness. And in order to find happiness you will go through a depression so the songs that sound dark on this album are actually representing the hard times in your life as you struggle to find happiness. I won't say how it turns out in the end of the album but "The Breeze" surely represents us as a band and Jakeys vocals really brightens the song up to a whole level I didn't think was possible. I can't wait to tour for this album! Logans favorite I remember him telling me would be the collaboration we did with Raven Comatose. "Butcher-Knife" this song reminds me of a lot of the songs from Fears "House of Leaves" I don't know why but it just does. Regans favorite when he produced the album was "Walking In Circles". He really liked it and wanted us to choose it as the first single but we wanted one to have one of the guest songs as the first single but we are considering "Walking In Circles" as the next single. There will actually be three or four more singles not just one like how it was for "Machines". I don't know which ones yet but I know there will be more then one single off of this album. I'm happy. At the end of the day I can finally say I am truely satisfied with how this album came out. It wasn't hard at all it was just we went back to re-record a whole different album then what we had planned and Regan did a great job. As for our return to Fear I obvisoly don't know what the sound will be like off the new album but I bet with how much our song writing has improved it will be good and if Regan is up for producing an album and not just a three track E.P. we have plan to record I bet it will be better then the rest of Fears albums."

Edited by user 12 April 2010 08:06:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
Offline troy211619  
#3 Posted : 12 April 2010 08:02:59(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Who does your artworks? They are so amazing!
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)
OOC: seriously, where do you get those artworks?
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Regan  
#4 Posted : 12 April 2010 08:09:03(UTC)
Regan

Man

troy211619 wrote:

Regan Futrell did the cover for this album.
-Paul Reeves

OOC: I usually do them. I look for a picture I like then edit it in Photoshop.

thecerebral_collection:
Offline SuicideParty  
#5 Posted : 12 April 2010 08:10:38(UTC)
SuicideParty

Love this band! can't wait to hear the album!

- Murder
Offline troy211619  
#6 Posted : 12 April 2010 08:29:48(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Regan wrote:
troy211619 wrote:

-Paul Reeves

OOC: I really envy your artworks, especially that experimental feel from Amneisa!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Regan  
#7 Posted : 12 April 2010 09:25:11(UTC)
Regan

Man

troy211619 wrote:
Regan wrote:
troy211619 wrote:

-Paul Reeves

OOC: I really envy your artworks, especially that experimental feel from Amneisa!

OOC: Thanks man. Yeah thats what I was going for with the cover for that album. The next Quarantine album cover is going to look even better. At least thats what I'm gonna try to do.

Thanks everyone for the support. This record represents everything we have ever done as a band and we are just hoping everyone likes it as much as we do.
-Logan Spills
thecerebral_collection:
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#8 Posted : 12 April 2010 09:26:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: Love the album cover and I will be purchasing this.
Offline Regan  
#9 Posted : 12 April 2010 09:32:30(UTC)
Regan

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Stephanie Fierce: Love the album cover and I will be purchasing this.

Thanks. We will admit we do enjoy your work.

I forgot to mention we were heavily influenced by Biffy Clyro, At The Drive-In, The Cure, and Sunny Day Real Estate on this album. Thats where most of the sounds you will hear on this album get its influence from.
-Logan Spills
thecerebral_collection:
Offline Regan  
#10 Posted : 13 April 2010 11:30:43(UTC)
Regan

Man

Album has been released everywhere. It will be released for free off of our website since we wish not to sign to a label to release the album. The fans have waited long enough and Molotov Records is undergoing changes so we really don't have time to wait because we've been putting this album on the longest hold then we have ever put an album out. It's nothing against the label we just feel the fans deserve it for waiting long enough. I hope they enjoy this album as much as we did recording with one of the greats Regan Futrell. Here is the liner notes and personal shit for it.

01. Radiofrequency(Someone, Anyone?)[Feat. Tim Drik] - 2:48(The Waiting Room, Drik)
02. Paradox of Hedonism - 4:01(Reeves, Spills, and Futrell)
03. Fallen From An Elevator With No Escape[Feat. Ryan Ross Hernandez] - 6:12(The Waiting Room, Hernandez)
04. Bloodlines - 3:58(The Waiting Room)
05. Walking In Circles - 5:21(The Waiting Room)
06. Fracture Fragments[Feat. Tim Dunn] - 4:04(The Waiting Room)
07. Hallucination/Interlude - 8:29(Spills, Futrell)
08. Butcher-Knife[Feat. Raven Comatose] - 3:48 (The Waiting Room, Comatose)
09. Porcelain Skin[Feat. Jimmy Him] - 4:29(The Waiting Room)
10. The Breeze[Feat. Jakey Comatose] - 7:59(The Waiting Room, Comatose, and Futrell)

()= Song writers

Produced By: Regan Futrell
Recorded: King Of New York Studios, Bronx, New York(Hometown)
All Songs Written By The Waiting Room otherwise noted in ()
All Lyrics By: Paul Reeves and Logan Spills
Mixed By: John Smith
The Waiting Room Thanks: All of the collaborators, you all turned all of these songs into something magical and we appreciate that. Regan Futrell, you have always been there for us since the early days of Thin Lines to the dark times in Fear. You are a true musician and we hope to work with you again. Molotov Records for believing in us and having four of our albums released on the label. All the bands we have toured with. Especially The Prisoners you guys are amazing live!
The Waiting Room Is And Will ALWAYS Be:
Paul Reeves - Vocals, Guitar
Logan Spills - Keyboard, DJ, Vocals
Donnavon Rich - Back-Up Vocals, Bass Guitar
Will Dawn - Vocals, Guitar
Frank Albern - Drums, Back-Up Vocals

A Message From The Band:
Quote:
With this being our fifth album and not knowing if we were going to continue after our failed album "Machines" we would like to thank everyone for the support. We hope this isn't our last album but if it is let it be the one to remember us by. This album truely represents not only what Logan and I have been wanting to achieve in sound as musicians but this whole band. We worked hard all night and day laying tracks down with Regan before he went to record his solo album. We took a break due to stress of being in the studio but when Regan returned we re-recorded a whole different album of the same songs but just different approaches to them and we achieved what we were looking for. Happiness. Just like we said this album represents what we have always wanted to make and we all are happy with this album. We might not be the biggest band around but we sure know what we want when it comes to recording our albums. Success or failure we're happy at the end of the day. Regan did an amazing job producing this album and is surely a really good producer. Serious man you need to produce more albums. We hope to continue as a band even if Fear reunited we will keep making music as The Waiting Room. After we tour we plan to release a double disc of nothing but B-Sides & Rarities 'cause we have a lot from this record and a lot from The Grey Album that still haven't been released. Once again thanks to everyone. We love you all!

Love,
The Waiting Room
thecerebral_collection:
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#11 Posted : 13 April 2010 13:31:06(UTC)
Greenleaf

(Leon) Green Leaf: Tomorrow is the big day, all my band mates are purchasing a copy. Looks like this is going to be the bomb.

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline PANIC!  
#12 Posted : 13 April 2010 14:27:35(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"I'm extremely glad that I was able to bring my guitar licks into the spotlight with my collaborations with you guys instead of mainly being brought in for more of my singer/songwriter skills. I don't think there was a better song for me to be involved in than 'Elevator,' because even before I put my input on the lyrics, it was the record, from a songwriter standpoint, that I was able to relate to. Overall, the album is great, although that might just be because I'm bias to serious music with an actual meaning behind it 'cause that is the music I write. Hopefully we get to work again in future, I'm not very big with the 'collab' thing but I really enjoyed working with some real 'down-to-earth' dudes."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline Regan  
#13 Posted : 13 April 2010 15:14:17(UTC)
Regan

Man

PANIC! wrote:
"I'm extremely glad that I was able to bring my guitar licks into the spotlight with my collaborations with you guys instead of mainly being brought in for more of my singer/songwriter skills. I don't think there was a better song for me to be involved in than 'Elevator,' because even before I put my input on the lyrics, it was the record, from a songwriter standpoint, that I was able to relate to. Overall, the album is great, although that might just be because I'm bias to serious music with an actual meaning behind it 'cause that is the music I write. Hopefully we get to work again in future, I'm not very big with the 'collab' thing but I really enjoyed working with some real 'down-to-earth' dudes."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.

We feel you on the collab thing 'cause we didn't think it was a good idea at first but we decided to try something new and I think we pulled it off. It was fun working with you man and it would be a pleasure to work with you again in the future. Thanks everyone for the support! We're trying to orgainize a world tour soon so stay on the lookout! Paul and I are still reuniting with Fear but we really don't plan on doing any tours except a short US this summer and try to play at some festivals other then that we are free and we are trying to do a world tour before we go back to Fear for a new album and tour.
-Logan Spills

thecerebral_collection:
Offline Regan  
#14 Posted : 14 April 2010 11:01:45(UTC)
Regan

Man

As promised the second single "Walking In Circles" has been released!

Tracklist:
01. Walking In Circles
02. Walking In Circles(Acoustic)
03. Give Them Your Heart, Then Back Stab Them While They Are Not Looking!

Produced By: The Waiting Room, Regan Futrell
Song Written By: The Waiting Room

Get it here!
thecerebral_collection: