logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#21 Posted : 09 April 2010 13:37:45(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Best Label - V-Records

Best Album - The Rockers The End Part Three

Best Artwork - The Rockers The End Part Three

- UserPostedImage
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Laurelles1  
#22 Posted : 09 April 2010 20:37:36(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Of course, being the selfish person I am, voting for myself.

Most attractive male = Jason Smith (Mind)UserPostedImage

Best Newcomer/ Band = Mind. Breaking into the metal scene with a full head of steam, Mind make metal an interesting, energetic, yet extremely enjoyable affair. From huge tours with Blood of Wecz, Black Gold Reign and Reckoner, to gathering the most points in the DTBotB, they have gone from strength to strength. Whilst there are probably better bands out there, they'll find it hard to create as exasperating music as Mind. Blending massive amounts of genres in one explosive style of music is risky, but Mind pull it off with flying colours. Out of all the awards, newcomer OR band will be most prestigious. But we know we're never going to get band, so we might as well go for newcomer.

Best Live Act = Climbing slowly to the front of the tables in the DTBotB, they have fought hardly for their position and don't plan to stop anytime soon. Although the music probably shows enough, they also have stagediving clowns, audience interaction etc. (Look at the DTBotB threads for more info.)

Best Gig/ Tour/ Fesstival = Manifest 2010. Basically what Genocidal King said.

Best Personality = Barsteward (Dirty Bastard) What a stellar guy.

Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Taylr  
#23 Posted : 09 April 2010 21:07:24(UTC)
Taylr

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Taylor: No nominations for us, shame, ah well.

Stephanie Fierce for Most Attractive Male and Moquel for Most Attractive Female! Keep the traditional gender fuck up alive!
Offline C4AJoh  
#24 Posted : 09 April 2010 22:48:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
OOC: I wasn't expecting to get any of my acts voted so it's as expected, but it would have been nice to have had Alicia Lena as most attractive female.
I know i didn't plug any of my acts and thats because I didn't think they should get an award. But overall I think a lot of people chose the right acts.
Offline bikz  
#25 Posted : 09 April 2010 23:47:33(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:
it would have been nice to have had Alicia Lena as most attractive female.

It would have been nice to have Bikki as most attractive female. She really, really, REALLY wanted to win that, every time, but never even got nominated.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bdylan88  
#26 Posted : 10 April 2010 03:45:47(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
This is such an honor to be nominated! It is a blessing to be nominated for two categories! But we decline our nomination. Their are far to many bands that have exceeded our talent. Our vote for best band still goes to Enoch.

Congrats to all the Noms!!

The Bards
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#27 Posted : 10 April 2010 10:04:37(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Tisha has been nominated for 11 IMA's and has never won one yet. So it would be a honor to win at least one award out of the 3 I am nominated for.

Best Album

UserPostedImage

This album has been released just ten days ago and has already sold 1,695,055.

Best Solo Artist

Tisha has sold over 23 million albums worldwide and almost 30 million single sales.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Regan  
#28 Posted : 10 April 2010 14:26:53(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
bdylan88 wrote:
Our vote for best band still goes to Enoch.

Same here! Those guys really deserve it for not only the work they did on my album but for the incredible album The Bards recently put out.
-Regan Futrell

Time for some plugging!

Best Band:
Quarantine
Why?: After only 3 actual studio albums(Amneisa/The Catalyst counting as one album), 1 trilogy E.P.(Later reissued as an album) selling over 14 million albums and with a long road ahead of them and constant world tours until recently(Hiatus to focus on side-projects) this band has been on top and will return on top once its next album is released. They are looking to record a new album that will be more progressive, more experimental, and outside of the box then their previous albums. It is to be produced by Jimmy Him of The Nimrods and it is also suppose to be more guitar-orientated. Also Alan Kidd said the album will "play like a concept album but not actually be a concept album".

The Waiting Room
Why?: Formed by ex-Fear members Paul Reeves and Logan Spills looking to continue making music like their old band Fear but after the first album changed their minds and went into a more progressive rock sound these guys have some incredible song writing skill.s And it's just not them two. Backed up by ex-In The Arms Of Sleep members(John Smiths solo alias) they know how to write some incredible music and are looking to go big on their next album.

Best Solo Artist:
Regan Futrell
Why?: This man has been in one of the biggest acts to be around. Casting Thin Shadows. After 13 albums and selling over 30 million albums they finally called it quits. After this Regan and Alan formed Quarantine which they were gonna do as a side project before Casting Thin Shadows called it quits. Regan formed Quarantine but during his time off he released two solo albums which were well received by critics for being different then his normal type of music. He looks to release his 3rd solo album which he claims old fans of Casting Thin Shadows will love. It is to be a mixture of shoegaze, goth rock, and experimental rock. He was backed by a band on this record and looks to do a lot of touring this spring for it. At the same time he is touring he will be recording the new Quarantine album with the band on his time off. According to sources the album is already half-written just the band have to get in the studio to record it.

Best Artwork:
Quarantine - "Amneisa"
UserPostedImage
Why?: Album cover matches a perfect album.

bunker18 - "The Ego & It's Own"
UserPostedImage
Why?: Because the album fits right into the cover.

Best Album:
Quarantine - "Amneisa/The Catalyst"
Why?: A double album that are both opposite of each other. Amneisa is more electronical ambient music while The Catalyst is more of progressive and indie rock album. Also both albums went on to sell over 4 million copies and spawn 4 singles from both albums and was produced by the bands close friend Jakey Comatose.

Regan Futrell - "Empathy"
Why?: The album hasn't been put out yet but its suppose to be an emotional album for Regan. He hasn't been able to put a solo album out and actually tour for it and plans to do so with this one. He was backed by an actual band while recording this album and is looking to take the band out on tour this late spring/early summer. Mark and Langdon from Enoch recorded bass and drums and also worked on some A Static Theory songs that will be put on hold until this fall. The solo album was also produced by his buddy Jakey Comatose.

Best Single:
The Waiting Room - "Fallen From An Elevator With No Escape"
Why?: Features bluesman Ryan Ross Hernandez and was produced by Regan Futrell. This single is dark, up-beat, and full with loud distorted guitars and plus a dual solo between Paul Reeves and Ryan also Ryan sings back-up vocals on the track to and is the first single from the highly anticipated 5th album.

Best Live Act:
Quarantine
Why?: The band always asked the audience which song would they like to hear and would deliver it. Plus half the time Regan and the rest of the band would either be drunk or high and Regan even got the fans to come take shots of alcohol with him sometimes. Also each show usually ends with Regan smashing his gear and the rest of the band joining him smashing everything on stage.

Best Gig/Tour/Festival:
Jakey Comatose, Quarantine and the Nimrods Tour
Why?: Because it was the best times on a tour bus for three bands that never stopped partying! Thats why!

Most Attractive Male:
Regan Futrell[Performing live solo]
UserPostedImage

Best Label
Comatose Records
Why?: Because its run by two of the best musicians around Jakey Comatose and Regan Futrell.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline TheCDs  
#29 Posted : 11 April 2010 05:45:13(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It is a real honor to be nominated for 2 IMAs.

Best Band: Axiom
The duo of Tim Dunn and Mike Peck is one of the most dynamic in the industry today. Mixing rock music conventions with top level production tricks Axiom creates a unique style of rock, called by the band "rock without rules." Their two albums of original music have been praised by critics and have reached the top 5 in both the US and UK including a #1 US appearance for their sophomore album.

Best Live Band: Axiom
Axiom puts on a powerful live show. Their live shows carried them to a quarterfinals appearance in the most recent BotB. They integrate blues-rock covers with their original music extremely well and have the technical and melodic skills needed to enthrall the audience with their impressive and improvised solos. In addition Tim and Mike are extremely talented solo performers and each performance gives the audience ample time to experience each member of Axiom on a more personal level. Tim's virtuoso guitar playing and blues sentimentality gives the audience the crowd pleasing technical guitar work they crave. Mike plays soft piano driven ballads calling upon his classical influences and training to give audiences a chance to catch their breath and feel the beauty of music.

Best Album: Under a Blue Moon by The Jazz All-Stars
How many jazz albums do you get to enjoy in a given year? If you are lucky you might get 2 or 3. The Jazz All-Stars bring together a star studded cast of jazz lovers. "Under a Blue Moon" mixes rockstar flair with the grooves and style of jazz music. The music is a great homage to classics while also being extremely contemporary and listenable. Whether it's the laid back grooves on "Shuffleboard" or the fast, in your face riffs from "Jazz Ain't Just Swing," the album has a moment for everyone.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline bikz  
#30 Posted : 12 April 2010 09:12:06(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Two days, woo! Isn't this like the most exciting thing since sliced bread? (Sliced bread can be REALLY exciting if you use it right.) Two nominations YAYZA!!! :D
-Joshyyy xxx
PS. Vote for me. You know you want to.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline ScaryShoes  
#31 Posted : 12 April 2010 09:56:23(UTC)
ScaryShoes

Man

It has been an honor to be nominated for two birdies. To be recognized for our work and not begging (OCC: Had to bring in the feud haha) to be nominated means so much for us. -Brandon Carter

OCC: Now that The Voyd is nominated I will plug in why I think that the band was recognized so voters who may not be familiar with us will see how we got here.

Best Newcomer:The Voyd busted out into the music scene this past year and releasing two albums. Their first album "Prodigy" was already a success by getting into number 40 on the top 40 charts. They have worked hard though to make it to the top. They have been signed MTN Climber Records and was the fastest band to be moved up to the highly respected V-Records. Their two albums have received praise especially with 'Universal Black Hole' which also achieved platinum status. The Voyd has also released several singles which include: My Incarnation, A Beautiful Lie, Hello Hurricane, and Wasteful Pleasures. The Voyd has been a standout when it comes to their music and their pride to make the best music possible by experimenting with new styles and different sounds. Please vote for The Voyd if you feel that they are deserving!

Best Album:The Voyd's sophomore album has been praised by many magazines and newspapers including Rolling Stone, Alternative Press, The New York Times, and Spin Magazine. It reached the top 40 in the USA and UK alone.
Bands:
The Voyd [Alternative/Post Grunge/Hard Rock]-Active
Destroy All Monsters:[Crunkcore/Post Hardcore/Rap Rock]
-Disbanded
Offline bikz  
#32 Posted : 12 April 2010 20:55:34(UTC)
bikz

Woman

If there's a judge out there who is going to judge bands on chart positions or sales, get off my judge list. Now.
-Katie.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#33 Posted : 14 April 2010 04:34:16(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Birdies tomorrow yo. If you haven't got your votes in, get 'em in. Also feel free to make a last-ditch attempt at plugging, I know that at least one judge hasn't judged.
-Raven Comatose [at least one judge who hasn't judged // 20th IMAs/Birdies]
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#34 Posted : 14 April 2010 05:39:43(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

UserPostedImage

The campaign is on the way for sexiest male.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#35 Posted : 14 April 2010 05:57:34(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
BLOOD OF WECZ PLUGGING AGAIN (ooc - shameless)

First of all thanks to anyone who nominated us for anything, we are friggin delighted to have the support of anyone who did, so thank you, we are humbled!

Best band - BLOOD OF WECZ

For many years, Blood Of Wecz have been at the absolute top of their game. Releasing 14 studio albums in their career to date, Wecz are set to return with a 15th in May. The band also play sell out arena tours around the world and are known as one of the hardest touring bands on the circuit (see the intensity of the touring this summer.)

As well as the album release in May, Blood Of Wecz will play a full world tour hitting all corners of the globe, and will also play a number of summer festivals. The touring will end with a LIVE DVD recording at Hyde Park in London later in the year, documenting the bands comeback to the full time. All of this shows just how hard Blood Of Wecz are prepared to work and why they have earned the reputation of one of the best bands in the industry.

Recognition also doesn't lie, and a number of newer bands on the scene have quoted Blood Of Wecz as influences. Bands such as Mind, Black Gold Reign, The Strom, Chimera, and fAthOm of all bands, have said that Blood Of Wecz have played a part in what they themselves have become. "one of the bands who played a huge role in shaping our sound" - Matt, Black Gold Reign. "I feel like I owe quite a lot of fAthOms career to the help you gave us in the early days" - Jakey Comatose

The band are also not without some celebrity fans - "You Are Fucking Awesome!" Tom Wheels - Hellspawn
"might come as a surprise to you guys but I'm a fan!" - Miss Vanity
"Fucking love you guys! Your music is awesome!" Ben - The Lost
"but this is way better then most death metal!" - The strom

With such critical acclaim from their peers, as well as intensive hard work, and relentless passion for what they do, Blood Of Wecz must surely be considered strongly for the award of Best Band.

Best Artwork - BLOOD OF WECZ TSHIRT

Fed up of album artworks always winning this award? Then help us throw a curveball by voting the fallen angels limited edition tshirt as the best piece of artwork!!
UserPostedImage[/URL]

Best Live Act - BLOOD OF WECZ

Reaching the semi finals of the Delta Tau Battle Of The Bands is no mean feat, and to still be going strong in the tournament, and with a great chance of reaching the final, Blood Of Wecz have shown what a truly awesome live outfit they are. Full of energy and vigour, Wecz bring pure musical adrenaline to the show, involving the croiwd in all they do, and showing a sort of passion that is often missing from stages these days!

Blood Of Wecz have also sold out arenas all over the world, showing the rep they already have for pulling it off live time and time again

(OOC - see any of the Battle of the bands threads for RPs)

Best gig/tour/festival - MANIFEST 2010

The first ever metal only festival in TRSG history, Manifest will feature the best heavy bands around in it's inaugural year. Featuring a mixture of kick ass heavy music and quality activities (Guitar hero, Rock bad, tattoo stalls), the festival (the only summer festival indoors) will kick ass hard this year, and for many years to come!
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#36 Posted : 14 April 2010 08:18:19(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" The IMAS are tomorrow, so excited!"
- Moquel
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#37 Posted : 14 April 2010 08:20:15(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: I'm wetting myself with anticipation... it's like Christmas and Russian Roulette combined in one. It's gonna be a great day, but we may not win any awards.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#38 Posted : 14 April 2010 09:27:11(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
What time would the IMAs be? So that I could get online at that time and be there..
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#39 Posted : 14 April 2010 10:25:17(UTC)
bikz

Woman

troy211619 wrote:
What time would the IMAs be? So that I could get online at that time and be there..

7pm-10:30pm BST. So, 18:00-21:30 +/- whatever your time zone is. (You're +8 I think you said, so yours would be .... erm, stupid o'clock in the morning.)

Edited by user 14 April 2010 10:26:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#40 Posted : 14 April 2010 10:31:04(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
bikz wrote:
troy211619 wrote:

7pm-10:30pm BST. So, 18:00-21:30 +/- whatever your time zone is. (You're +8 I think you said, so yours would be .... erm, stupid o'clock in the morning.)

Thanks for te info!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage