logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cooper  
#1 Posted : 14 April 2010 13:30:25(UTC)
Cooper

Groups: Registered

Cooper's indie hit single 'Dream Another Dream' has been making big waves in the indie rock circut, last week the band filmed the music video in Las Vegas.

The video opens with shots of the modern beautiful hotels such as Ceasers, Paris, The Wynn. more shots of beautiful dancers, and high class gamblers throwing dice, and holding cards. the shots suddenly change to what looks like hotel ruins in the old part of Las Vegas, on a site of a demolished hotel, the band is seen, and the song starts. the members dressed in black business suits, but extremely diry as if they have been wondering in the desert. through out the music video, there are more comparisons to the current multi-million dollar city of tourism, annd shots of seedy las vegas, strip clubs and dives, and shots of demolished hotels. when the video comes to an end, the singer/guitarist Aaron, pulls out what looks to be handfulls of $1000 chips and drops them on the ground. the band walks away in the sun and the video fades to white.

FUSE: We are sitting with Cooper, and that was thier music video debut for their first single 'Dream Another Dream' thanks for taking the time to chat guys!

Aaron: No problem! thanks for playing our music video!

FUSE: okay, so the single is self-released, no label, no financial backing, nothing. is there an album?

Aaron: well we are basicly a garage band. were slowly building a fanbase and just trying not to let the whole 'scene' keep us from making good music.

Brandon: and to answer your question, YES, there is an album in the works

FUSE: with the music video, i cant help but to think all the Las Vegas images mean something....

Aaron: yes, in a David Lynch sort of way it does in fact mean something.

Don: It has alot to do with how we see the commercial music industry. the beautiful modern hotels and rich folk, is how people see 'the rock star life' yet, the seedy strip clubs and dives is how it REALLY is, and of course the demolished hotels is how all those rock stars end up, living that life style.

Tom: and the desert stuff is kind of where we are....

FUSE: Cool! what about the chips!?

Aaron: i guess its showing that we make enough money without contracts and deals, that we can still make the music we want, with no pressure and without being part of the glitz and glamour...and eventually the ruins.

FUSE: So you guys are saying you are against getting signed to a label and reveling in all that good money??

Brandon: its not that we are against making money, we are just against what the scene turns you into.

Tom: yeah....we still love strippers too!

FUSE: Of Course! hows the tour going with Saburben Sunrise!?

Aaron: awesome, those guys are really talented and know how to put on one hell of a show!

FUSE: they were recently signed too you know...

Aaron: yeah! which is great, they are one of those groups that i think will benifit from being with a label, and they are so grounded that i dont think it will change them much.

FUSE: What can we expect from your first full length album?

Don: we are demo-ing at the moment, there is alot of buzzy noisy guitars and things like that that has been missing from alt rock these days.

Brandon: yeah, we are playing to our strengths and you will hear all sorts of winks at our favorite bands like Teenage Fanclub, Jesus & Marychain, Guided By Voices etc.

FUSE: Cool bands that you dont hear on mainstream radio of course!...which current bands do you listen to?

Aaron: well of course Saburben Sunrise, been listening to the final album from The Bards which is nothing short of amazing.

Brandon: The Voyd is really good too. also digging Green Leaf.

Tom: i dont know what she sounds like, but Briana Risk is a peice of work!

Don: i dont really listen to alot of modern stuff, i guess im kinda stuck in the past....but atleast there was better music then!

FUSE: Well there you have it folks! the video for 'Dream Another Dream' will be played here on FUSE and is available online at iTunes, along with the EP of the same name! Thanks guys!
......................................................................................................................

Aaron Cooper. guitar, vocals
Brandon Fisher. guitar, backing vocals
Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#2 Posted : 14 April 2010 15:52:44(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Great interveiw guys! Thanks for all the kind words.

-Joe
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline SYATEG  
#3 Posted : 14 April 2010 16:11:26(UTC)
SYATEG

Man

Great vid guys! Keep it up!

-Lord Hammerspawn of Legion of the Undead
UserPostedImage
Legion of the Undead
Offline Cooper  
#4 Posted : 15 April 2010 13:10:21(UTC)
Cooper

Thanks for checking it out! the interview with FUSE kinda made us out to be a bit more snarky than we intended ha, but oh well, thats the media for ya
......................................................................................................................

Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#5 Posted : 15 April 2010 23:08:01(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
You guys remind me of a band called Reckoner. We didn't get to where we are today that easily you know, we had to work extra jobs to buy our instruments and the other equipment needed to release music. We didn't want to be part of a label because we thought it was gonna ruin our music, the same thing you guys were thinking, we thought it was gonna be more about being celebrities than musicians. We finally learned our lesson when we lost all of our money in releasing a demo that only sold, like 27 copies. What I'm trying to say is that getting signed is not a bad thing, it actually helps you in a way. We thought of signing in to Suicide Records and that's where it all began, the rest is history and see where we are today. Try getting signed to a label, I promise it won't be that bad..
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#6 Posted : 16 April 2010 10:46:32(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Amazing video from an amazing group, I loved every second of it. You gave me love, I return the flavor"
- Holly Zona
UserPostedImage
Offline Cooper  
#7 Posted : 16 April 2010 14:45:49(UTC)
Cooper

hey thanks Holly! we've never been called 'amazing' before! thank you!

and Troy, thank you for compairing us with you guys, (even if it was sarcasm lol) i know what you mean about losing money and having to buy your own gear and stuff. im not saying we are against being on a label, or anti-fame, we are just anti-celebrity. i dont like when celebrity culture out weighs the music. we are normal people that arent flashy or intresting, we just make music and try to get it out there. maybe one day we will get signed but maybe we wont? if i have to stock shelves at walmart to support myself, then so be it!

Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#8 Posted : 16 April 2010 14:54:23(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Cooper wrote:

and Troy, thank you for compairing us with you guys, (even if it was sarcasm lol) i know what you mean about losing money and having to buy your own gear and stuff. im not saying we are against being on a label, or anti-fame, we are just anti-celebrity. i dont like when celebrity culture out weighs the music. we are normal people that arent flashy or intresting, we just make music and try to get it out there. maybe one day we will get signed but maybe we wont? if i have to stock shelves at walmart to support myself, then so be it!

Haha what about that one time afte a show when we were all drunk and Nick was like"These guys are a FUCKING!!! amazing" he didnt just say it he screamed it lol
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cooper  
#9 Posted : 16 April 2010 15:00:09(UTC)
Cooper

Tom: that doesnt count because it sounded more like Nick said "You guys are F***ing AMAZZERRRRRRGG(belching sound)ING!!" haha

Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#10 Posted : 16 April 2010 16:20:20(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Cooper wrote:

We have the same opinion about being celebrities, we really do hate it when people admire you for the number of women you've slept with, the houses you own in 4 different countries, or that brand new car you've "bought with your own money" and ignore the music you make. We're in it for the music just like you..
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage