logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#21 Posted : 15 April 2010 06:34:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
UserPostedImage

The piano intro for New York Love Affair begins as the light shines down onto the stage Alicia shouts, “How’s everybody doing tonight” which is met with cheers. “It’s a massive honour to be hear performing for you, This is New York Love Affair”. She then begins the song which is met with applause. There appears to be no nerves for Alicia and she looks more comfortable than you’d expect, she’s only played this song live once before and that was last Saturday. She steps up from the piano and moves to the front of the stage, Waving her arms from side to side which is copied by the audience, The song ends with cheers and she then makes her way back to the piano.

“This next song I’m gonna perform for you is going to be the second single from my debut album, It’s called More Than You’ll Ever Know, I’d like to welcome a good friend of mine to the stage”, An electric guitar is heard playing and Dan Richards (The Walls) makes his way up towards the piano, Alicia and Dan share a smile with each other and begin the song which is met with applause, She then steps away from the piano and moves towards the front of the stage and stands next to Dan and occasionally leaning close to him to share the microphone for the chorus vocals, there’s clearly chemistry between the two and with the second performance she shows that she’s not just a pop star but she’s capable of rocking it up a bit, The song finishes and Dan and Alicia share a hug and kiss and he then leaves the stage.

“Thanks everyone, I’ve got one more song left tonight”, she makes her way back up to her piano to play the intro for Party-Starter, it’s a rousing anthem with a memorable sing-along chorus which will be stuck in your head all day long, The audience are clearly loving the song and are jumping up and down and singing along to it until the end. “Thanks everyone this has been a great night so far and you’ve all been awesome.”
Offline old.gregg  
#22 Posted : 15 April 2010 06:36:42(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
After giving security a fistful of five pound notes, Faris of the Parasites makes his way back into the ceremony. The rest of his band mates got bored and went to the nearest club instead, but Faris thought he may aswell take the oppertunity while he was here. He sees Miss Vanity and follows her in, assuming she knows where she is going.

Faris (too Miss Vanity): Evening miss, mind if I tag along, I've not got a fuckin' clue.

He shielded his face as the press tried to take a photo on the way in.
UserPostedImage
-
Offline old.gregg  
#23 Posted : 15 April 2010 06:45:00(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Hayley: It's now time for the award for the band with the best live show. The nominees for Best Live Act are:

Reckoner Herr Fische
Failed Youth
Mind
Ryan Ross Hernandez
Blood of Wecz
Miss Vanity
Jakey Comatose
The Bards
Black Gold Reign
Axiom
Quarantine
Transferium Project
Pilot

Lewis: A large list, and many great acts, but the award tonight goes too...
Reckoner

Hayley: Wow, a second award for this new band, well done indeed! Next up is our best band, The Bards.

-
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#24 Posted : 15 April 2010 06:45:21(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
(OoC: Am I late?)

A drum beat begins. Then there are flashes of light. Fog fills the stage. Then the members of Reported Failure appear out of the shadows. the fog thins out as the band begins playing their latest single titled 'short'. More flashing lights as the song reaches its climactic guitar solo. With guitarist Vincent Peters and bassist Matt Collins jumping all over the stage the first song reaches a close. Singer/Guitarist Billie Beckett makes a quick switch to an acoustic guitar before the band begins playing their next song, 'Hope To Get Out'. As the song reached the halfway point the stadium was filled with amazing vocal harmonies and majestic guitar riffs. A thin fog once again fills the stage as the final chorus begins. The song closes with a piano and more great vocal harmonies.

"Good evening IMA's," shouted Vinny into his mic. "Ya'll are looking mighty fine. We are reported Failure, and we're gonna play one more song and then we're gonna go have some shots and watch the awards,".

Vinny starts playing the opening riff of 'bee-keeper'. Then the drums and vocals kick in. Billie's and Vin's guitar riffs and vocals seem to overlap perfectly. The lights begin to go insane as the song reaches it's climactic ending. The thin fog clears and Billie gives the audience a final thank you before the band leaves the stage.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline old.gregg  
#25 Posted : 15 April 2010 06:46:49(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

OOC: Some great live RPs tonight guys, well done :)
-
Offline bikz  
#26 Posted : 15 April 2010 06:52:55(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Osprey037(Reported Failure) wrote:
(OoC: Am I late?)

((OOC : No. Any time after Elliot or I call your name is OK.))

Mikki : Yes, that was MY date who just won Best Single! ;)
UserPostedImage
She poses for the camera, gesturing at Ryan's certificate, while awaiting her own nomination.

Joshy : YAY my awards are coming up soon! :D
Bri : Good luck babe.
UserPostedImage
Joshy is up for two awards; Most Attractive Male and Best Personality. He and his girlfriend Bri would be very happy to take some home tonight!
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline GirlSpice  
#27 Posted : 15 April 2010 06:58:39(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
Faris (too Miss Vanity): Evening miss, mind if I tag along, I've not got a fuckin' clue.

Miss Vanity: Sure, just be careful you don't get too close, might poke an eye out. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline bikz  
#28 Posted : 15 April 2010 06:59:37(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Hayley : The next award is for Best Gig, Tour or Festival! The nominees are -
Jakey Comatose, Quarantine and the Nimrods Tour
Love Meets Heartbeats (Ryan Ross Hernandez + Ashley Perry) Tour
Manifest 2010
Aftermath 4
DT Battle of the Bands

Lewis : And the winner is .... Delta Tau Battle Of The Bands 4!

Katie Kairiri steps up to the podium and takes her certificate.
Katie : Thankyou, thankyou! This is for our four finalists who are performing tonight and the 20 other great bands who have made this possible!
She steps down, strikes a pose, and the crowd cheer.

Hayley : Congratulations Katie and everyone! :D The next band playing are Chimera!
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline old.gregg  
#29 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:00:19(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

GirlSpice wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

Miss Vanity: Sure, just be careful you don't get too close, might poke an eye out. ;)

Faris: Haha, I'm sure I'll be fine. Can I get you a drink of anything? You missed my band play! Don't think you'd of liked it, mind, most people didn't, I got kicked out...
-
Offline old.gregg  
#30 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:15:02(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Lewis: And now it's time for the Most Attractive Male award, one that is close to my heart.

Hayley: The nominees for Most Attractive Male are:

Lukey Comatose
Jimmy Himm
Sexy Star
Joshua Firecracker
Patrick Lewis (PANIC!)
Ryan Ross Hernandez
Jason Smith (Mind)
Jakey Comatose
Stephanie Fierce
Regan Futrell

Lewis: And the award goes to a man who I've seen naked more times than Raven has..
Jakey Comatose

Lovely! Time for some more naked men, it's The Nimrods. See you soon.

-
Offline Laurelles1  
#31 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:18:03(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
By this point, Jason had banged his head on his table a lot. Luckily, his hair prevents any damage
Aaron: Always next time. Plus, we've still got the Battle of the Bands.
Jason: Man... i'm just... a lot of rake fuckings will have to be made now. I did warn them.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#32 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:19:39(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

old.gregg wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

Faris: Haha, I'm sure I'll be fine. Can I get you a drink of anything? You missed my band play! Don't think you'd of liked it, mind, most people didn't, I got kicked out...

Miss Vanity: No I'm fine thanks, I've got the opening night of my tour tomorrow! Better be on my best behaviour. And oh dear! Haha. :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline PANIC!  
#33 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:23:05(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage
(ignore the award, imagine a certificate. :)

When his name is announced as winning best single, Ryan sits back and smiles as he slowly precedes to standing up. That gives the cameras and other media their first glance at Hernandez who decided not to walk down the red carpet. He walks over to the steps before the stage and quickly hops over them before Hayley hands Ryan heads award. From camera view you can see him say 'thank you,' under his breathe and giving her a friendly nod before heading to the podium. Hernandez takes a quick step back to clear his thoart before speaking giving the audience at hand a chance to settle down before giving his speech.

"Thank you... Thank you... I gotta say, it feels good to have this song in particular win best single for me, because 'A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak,' was the song on my newest record that the critics killed. They gave it no chance at all, to survive as a single. Now we're here. The song went top ten in every region, worldwide, went double platinum, and now it won best single. I wanna dedicate this award to anyone that didn't believe in my experiment of using war-themed metaphors and lyrics to write a heartbreak song. I wanna dedicate it to my ex-girlfriend, who if not for her and both of our mistakes, I would have never been able to write this song. And I'm so proud of myself, because I made this happen for myself. Which because I'm still in my twenties it is still a great sentence to say. Which everyone here that is older, in their thirties and beyond now what I mean by that.

I also want to thank, the other judges who made this happen. Thanks to them, I've probably reassured the fact that I will get laid tonight. So, thank you! Long live love, heartbreak, fortune and women! As long as those things keep a cycle in my life, I know I will be winning more awards like this. All hope in music isn't lost yet.
"
UserPostedImage
Offline old.gregg  
#34 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:24:21(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Faris: Oh, fair enough, I'll try and behave too then. I'm on tour too, playing to about 50 people most nights, how many you in front of?

He orders himself a beer and sits down.
-
Offline GirlSpice  
#35 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:26:33(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

old.gregg wrote:
Faris: Oh, fair enough, I'll try and behave too then. I'm on tour too, playing to about 50 people most nights, how many you in front of?

Miss Vanity: Haha, the most intimate gigs are always the best! And only about 20,000 tomorrow, no sweat. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline old.gregg  
#36 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:28:37(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

GirlSpice wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

Miss Vanity: Haha, the most intimate gigs are always the best! And only about 20,000 tomorrow, no sweat. :)

Faris: Fucking hell, I don't think we've even got 20,000 fans! I'll come along to a show or something if I get the chance, I hear you're pretty wild live?
-
Offline bikz  
#37 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:30:03(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Hayley : Now for my rivals in the beauty department .... or, more likely, Lewis' rivals ....
Lewis : You calling me a girl!?
Hayley : Yes. The nominees for Most Attractive Female are -
Brianna Risk
Tisha Jackson
Stephanie Fierce
Machete
Holyzona
Mikki Moo
Moquel

And the winner is .... Mikki Moo!

Mikki jumps out of her seat and runs to pick up the certificate, posing for more pictures.
Mikki : I would like to thank myself. I won this. Beat you, bitches.

Lewis : Lovely show of sportsmanship there, Mikki. The next band on is the first of the award-winning Battle Of The Bands semi-finalists - first shot goes to Reckoner!
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#38 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:31:30(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

old.gregg wrote:
GirlSpice wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

Faris: Fucking hell, I don't think we've even got 20,000 fans! I'll come along to a show or something if I get the chance, I hear you're pretty wild live?

Miss Vanity: That'd be cool, and I most certainly am. You just wait until you see some of the YouTube videos after tomorrow nights show. :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline troymazing  
#39 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:34:49(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For some odd reason the girls of HEART show up, to much confusion and stares.

UserPostedImage
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline troy211619  
#40 Posted : 15 April 2010 07:36:14(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
“It has always been my dream to be in a band ever since I learned to play the piano at 6, I eventually got there at 14 when I met Carl at school and taught him the guitar, my first great achievement. Ever since I started in the music industry, I’ve always wanted to attend the Birdies but thought to myself that I was so ambitious, how can a young man like me who has never even written a single song attend an awards ceremony for only the best musicians? I always kept myself down, that’s what pessimists usually do, blind themselves from reaching their goals and aspirations, I had to change my ways, I started to write songs about love, hate, alienation, and whatever else came to my mind, the songs were crappy and a bit unoriginal but I still felt pretty good. During those depressive times, I was able to write this one song which would soon be the key to reaching my dream to be in the Birdies, that song was Negative. After a few more years, I was finally able to write better songs, get signed in a record label, release an album, and get my band recognized as one of the best new bands in the industry, dreams really do come true. Now as thousands of people wait in line to get inside the Boy Toy Stadium for both the Birdies and the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands, I can’t help but think how far Reckoner have gone into the competition and how far we’re still planning to go. It’s really tough since we’re battling the legendary bluesman Ryan Ross Hernandez, extreme metal gods Blood of Wecz, and our own buddies in the industry, the amazing Mind. It may be an extremely tough competition, but with a little practice and faith anything can happen...”

Troy: Ok guys, we only have 5 more minutes left before we get on stage, finish up what you’re doing..

The band stopped what they were currently doing and began tuning their instruments to avoid wasting their time tuning them later on. Troy took a peak out of the curtains to see the audience and he saw all the seats were filled with people. He was a bit nervous because of the number of people watching but he remained cool and organized, he didn’t want to get the others fretting too. Five minutes were over and the band had to get onstage right away, As the lighting went dim, a red curtain covered the stage where the performers were supposed to be in giving time for Reckoner to plug in their instruments. The people stood up from their seats with excitement and began cheering as the presenter went on stage with one spotlight focused on him.

Presenter: The band playing before you tonight is nominated for three categories, Best Newcomer, Best Single for the song Negative, and Best Live Act. To show you how deserving they are to be nominated for these three categories, please welcome, the awesome Reckoner!

The curtains quickly went off and the lights go on revealing the band playing their hit song Negative, which was nominated for Best Single that night, with their usual positions but with Troy playing an extra distorted guitar. There are three cameramen filming the performance, one beside the band and two controlling the camera cranes from the left side and right side of the stadium. As Carl plays the arpeggios, Troy sings the gentle verses of the song. The people from the front row way to the back were bobbing their heads to the song with others even singing along the catchy lyrics all about Troy’s pessimism. The chorus comes in and the extra guitar reveals its use, to create an addition to the “wall of noise” that JC and Carl were already doing. With the “wall of noise” the song’s chorus became more interesting and shows more anger and hatred with layers and layers of guitar noise. The wall of noise is still used in the bridge which is the most emotional and aggressive part of the song, Troy then hits his high C5 note and prolongs it for 10 seconds, longer than the studio version. The song calms down with Carl left to play his arpeggios Troy singing the last few lines of the song. JC quickly runs to the nearby piano to play a few more notes complimenting the arpeggios before finally ending the song. The crowd applauds to the performance as one of the 3 cameramen give them a sign that they are no longer being filmed. Troy then goes up to the mic to speak to the audience like he always does.

Troy: Well its nice to be hear at the Birdies! We weren’t able to make an introduction earlier since we were being filmed by cameras for the televised version of the whole event. So since we aren’t on air right now, we can swear right?

Cameraman: (Mouths) Yes!

Troy: Fuck yeah! (Crowd cheers)

Troy: So we’re here for both the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands and the International Music Awards, we are really honored to have been nominated for 3 awards including Best Single for the song we just played. Tonight is also the night of the semi-finals for the Battle of the Bands and we would like to thank everybody who has supported us and voted us into the Top 4! So we have only performed one out of three songs that we are to play tonight. Our next song is from the EP we just released entitled Blur EP, this is the title track called, well, Blur..

The song is composed of two parts; a slow phaser verse, and a faster distorted chorus. As the riff began, the crowd showed support and cheered for the band even though it was the song’s official debut in live performances. Troy sings in a shifting voice from normal chest voice to falsetto following the riff’s melody. Carl does nothing except play with his new e-bow which he only bought one week prior to recording the EP. The song goes on for two verses until it breaks down to the chorus. The chorus then shifts the song from easy listening to a harder headbanging chorus. The people at the back were going nuts to the song but Troy couldn’t see because of all the flashing lights. The song goes on for another verse and chorus before the outro. The outro’s riff is more of an improvised version of the chorus riff with Troy’s screaming adlibs. A few seconds more of improvisation and the song comes to an end. After a wave of applauses, Troy goes to Tristan’s post and the other band members follow him.

Troy: Do you think we should try the song?

JC: Well maybe now is the right time to debut the song!

Tristan: Are you guys sure? We only practiced it once..

Troy: Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it..

As they all go back to their original positions, Troy goes up to the mic to introduce the next song. It is visible though that JC and Carl were adjusting something from their pedalboard, possibly distortion.

Troy: It was really fun to play at The Birdies and we enjoyed every single second of it. Cheers to you all! So our last song has no title yet, we only made it 3 weeks ago but only practiced it once since then. It isn’t featured on any of our works yet, but I’m sure it soon would be once it gets a name.

The song begins with Troy playing a clean ascending guitar riff. A few seconds more and the rest of the band come in; the most distinct part though is JC and Carl’s heavy distortion. The verse starts with Troy singing in a gentle yet noticeably angry voice and JC playing in clean guitar, the lines in each verse are separated by JC’s guitar fills. The pre-chorus is consisted of a semi-distorted riff imitating Troy’s vocals played by both JC and Carl. It soon breaks down into the chorus where the intro riff is also played. Troy’s voice goes from gentle to rough as it is accompanied by 3 heavy distorted guitars. The song goes on for another verse and chorus before going into the solo. The solo is still consisted of the 3 guitars but with altering effects. The bridge connecting the chorus to the solo is made up of heavy distortion; it is then followed by a clean guitar riff played by Troy. It is connected back to the chorus by another heavily distorted riff; the chorus riff has minor alterations for the third time it is played though. The song’s outro is made up of a clean guitar riff, and a heavy distorted riff imitating the former followed by seconds of improvised solos and notes. The song ends suddenly like it was cut off, but that was really how it was played. The song is followed by a loud applause from the audience, a sign that they really liked it.

Troy: Well thank you everybody for the support and have a great night!

The band then forms one horizontal line in the center and wave goodbye to the audience; the red curtain slowly closes in as the band walk backstage to clean up before going into their respective seats to watch the whole ceremonies with complete relaxation.

“This is surely a night I’d never ever forget. The night I realized, Dreams really do come true”
-Troy Mascenon

OOC: If you reached this part of the RP, I would like to thank you for at least reading it until the last part.. Good luck to the other competitors!

Edited by user 15 April 2010 07:39:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage