logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Moquel  
#81 Posted : 15 April 2010 10:29:01(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
TishaJackson!!!! wrote:
Moquel wrote:
With full of confidence and pride, Moquel arrives at the IMAS with a classic white limo with his stylist, Deja Romely:

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/vainstyle/3512006534/[/img]

He will all smiles as reporters ask him questions about his new debut single he is performing tonight and little bathroom humor:

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/richawn/2949372714/in/photostream/[/img]

Tisha:Hello, Moquel, You look very handsome tonight.

" Thanks bab for the love. You too"
- Moquel
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#82 Posted : 15 April 2010 10:37:26(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage
RYAN ROSS HERNANDEZ; LIVE @ BOY TOY STADIUM / 20TH IMAs

After Hayley Williams and Lewis Maison announce Ryan Ross Hernandez, the lights dim down and a curtain is shown covering the side of the stage where the performance is about to begin. The curtain is draped white and a limelight shines behind it, just enough for the audience to be able and see a shadow standing behind it. The crowd begins to applaud and cheer a little louder anxiety anticipating the performance of one of their favorite performers. Heavy breathing is heard through the PA system as the lights start to flicker all around Boy Toy stadium, sounds of sirens, gunshots and bombs are now being heard over the heavy breathing. A loud, thundering guitar riff is now heard, and seen being played by the figure behind the curtain. That changes the temple of the noises heard, now turning into chatting and murmurs heard through the loud speakers, in between it a deep voice starts to speak, where although it is a bit different than his regular voice, it is still recognizable to hear that it is Hernandez.

Ryan Ross Hernandez: "This is a moment where nice works anymore. And you gotta get, you gotta what you want through anger and jealousy. To make sure, that, that person you need stays with you. This is the language of hurt, where a relationship starts to go wrong. You take that trip, that trip down heartbreak."

As soon as that last word comes out of his mouth, the curtain rises up revealing Ryan Ross Hernandez with his Fender guitar hanging from his back and the rest of his band with their respective instruments and microphone stands. Ryan turns his back to the crowd and places the guitar appropriately in front of him, he nods at the rest of the band, giving them the cue to start their performance. He turns back around to his microphone and starts to play a soft guitar riff with each time being played, he pulls the wah-wah pedal, customarily placed on his guitar. The band slowly follow up behind him. The groove drums speed it up a bit, which feels like a slow train carrying the song on top of it. Soon after Ryan starts to sing his famous falsetto voice range that sends the women in the crowd in a swoon, most of which sing-along to him. By the chorus a chugging bass line joins in the laid back rock performance. Since the lyrical meaning of the track deals with how explosive relationships can be, it is only appropriate that the background screen is decorated with war battlefield imagery being displayed. Now can one relate a relationship to be as bad as World War III? Apparently, Hernandez can. But that really doesn't seem to bother the audience in hand. Ryan plays a guitar solo towards the end of the song but it is barely audible since it was quick and heavily layered by the other instruments. The end of the song is closely resembled to the intro with the wah-wah pedal echoing guitar coming into play again.

The opening track is received with a hugely positive reaction, as the audience showers the soft rocker with cheers and applause. Hernandez seems to have this strategy where he makes sure to get the audience he is playing to in his hand with the opening song so with the rest of the performance he can basically do whatever he wants to.

Ryan Ross Hernandez: "Ah..... LA, LA, LA. My unofficial hometown. Goddamn, I love this fucking city. Especially, this little place I know. It is the place I live in right now. Anyone here know about this little, tiny city called Hollywood. You know the city I'm talking about, right? That city that is made up of famous, rich people and paparazzi's. Well, I've never really liked paparazzi's 'cause they just can't let a person live their life. You know? I can't go out with a pretty lady, without being chased by camera flashes and questions. That's why, I don't think Hollywood is an appropriate name for that stardom city. I got a better name for it. I will propose this idea to Governor Schwarzenegger, whenever I get a chance to meet that dude or better whenever I get to actually understand that Terminator dude. My proposed name for Hollywood, is Vultures. This is my new single, 'City Made of Vultures,' and this is the very first time I actually play it live. And it feels great to actually play a song where it was wrote and where the tune is about. So, enjoy Los Angeles."

Like most of Hernandez's songs live, he turns them from laidback guitar licks to earnest thundering guitar playing. Hernandez counts the band down as they get the intro of 'City Made of Vultures,' down perfectly, with the slick jazzy drums leading the way. As soon as the full band joined and set the course for the groovy jam, it got the audience clapping along to the snappy drums or moving to the earnest guitars led by Ryan. Like the currently heard single radio version, at the chorus point Hernandez pitches his vocals up to go with the mood of the song, which are a bit off tone but still keeps it sounding well. By midpoint, most of the audience was singing along and moving to the only song composed by Ryan that is capable to do so. The strong gang-vocals outro isn't conducted in the live version, although his two female backing singers do sing it along and the audience as well. Most of the focus of the audience is at the instrumental jam led by Hernandez's guitar solo that sends the song off. This performance receives even a bigger praise from the crowd than the opener.

Without any pause, Hernandez started to play a quick string of melodies of some of his older songs, solely with his electric guitar, which he tones a little to try and make it sound like an acoustic guitar. For much of the night, Hernandez went whammy-bar crazy, playing off the exceptional skill of his handpicked stagemates: a collection of top-notch musicians including Steve Jordan on drums and Robbie Macintosh and David Ryan Harris on guitars. While rom-com schmaltz from his debut solo album, Matters of the Heart, “Your Arms Feel Like Home” and “Let Me Be Myself,” reminded us of the sappy Hernandez we have all wanted to sucker punch, jazzy ripper “Good Love Is Right Around the Corner” and aimed-at-the-heart, soft rock tune “Love Is Really Nothing But a Dream” brought to mind the image of a 23-year-old blues prodigy with the god-given talent Robert Johnson once sold his soul to possess.

With just a few minutes left before his fifteen minutes of performance time left, Ryan decided not to put the crowd through one of his banters instead wanting to head starlight forward to the point of the final song of the night for him. A strange sounding musical effect that sounds like a drum cymbal meets a 808-TR drum machine, is heard through the PA system with Hernandez beginning to talk over it.

Ryan Ross Hernandez: "Every night. Every Friday and Saturday night. One, two, three, four, five in the morning, their creeping. Their creeping, along Hollywood Hills, where all those, all those famous starlets live. This song is a warning to all the women out there. And this is a lesson to all the womanizer out there. This is about my late-night, early-morning, weekend job. As an uncover assassin. This is my debriefing. I just gotta let it out before I'm incognito again."

(opening verse)
"I work in the dead of night
When the roads are quiet
No one is around
To track my moves

Race in the end of lights
To find the gate is open
She's waiting in the room
I just slip on through
"

Hernandez grabs the microphone and lets his guitar hang from his back. The stage starts to raise platforms as his band starts to play behind him, although through the PA system, sirens and screams are heard. For the first time in his performance, the large back screen is used, showing different scenes where, depending on what notes Ryan hits and his band plays behind him it changes. Ryan starts to walk around the rising platforms, where instead of standing behind his stand and also playing his soulful guitar riffs, he only has to focus on singing. At the chorus point, Ryan's backing female vocalist sing along with him, seemingly to hide any fault Ryan could have with the difficult chorus although he doesn't go very much higher than his regular vocals of the rest of the song. By the breakdown of the song, Hernandez seems to notice that he has to finish off the song strong, with every note from the breakdown forward get a higher added pitch without any auto-tune or pitch-tuning nor do the backing vocalist join in. Ryan seems right on key tonight as his high-pitch vocals might even be sending goosebumps to the crowd in attendance. At that point is when Hernandez finally seems really into the song adding a bit of a guitar solo to the acoustic performance with so intensity that it was a miracle he didn't break-off a few strings off his guitar. Ryan finishes off the song with a monster guitar solo that sends the whole stadium on a fringe. It sounded like Jimi Hendrix meets Robert Johnson meets Eric Clapton meets Ryan Ross Hernandez. Hernandez seems to want people to recognize more of Ryan Hernandez the guitar player and less of the entertainer. The almost three minute guitar solo, ends with Hernandez tossing his guitar on the ground and adding a little Jimi Hendrix feel as he plays the guitar, crouched down on his knees.

Ryan might be regretting doing his set in a suit as the final shoot of him on camera is him dripping with sweat, that evens covers his guitar that he continues to play on the cold stage floor. Hernandez quickly stops the solo with a thug heard through the PA, he still on his knees looks up at the audience and flashes them a smile as the curtains start to close in front of him.

Even more cheers are heard by the audience as the cameras fade to a commercial break.

Set list

A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak
City Made of Vultures
Electric Solo Melody - Your Arms Feel Like Home / Let Me Be Myself / Love Is Really Nothing But a Dream
Late Night Job; Undercover Assassin

(OOC]: Don't see myself going through the next round since this was very quickly, but wanted to get at least something up)
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#83 Posted : 15 April 2010 10:43:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: Yeah it did seem a little bit rushed. But it came out great since it was rushed. I give you your props. You Always have top-notch role plays and i could imagine with all the roleplays you've done that it must be hard to come with someone new every time and you still pull through. Hats to you man.
Offline PANIC!  
#84 Posted : 15 April 2010 10:47:59(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
OOC: Yeah it did seem a little bit rushed. But it came out great since it was rushed. I give you your props. You Always have top-notch role plays and i could imagine with all the roleplays you've done that it must be hard to come with someone new every time and you still pull through. Hats to you man.

OOC: Thanks, I mean I always try to come up with new stuff for each of my roleplays but as soon as this is done I won't post another performance roleplay in a while. It takes me sometime to have witty things pop into my head, when I sit down and force myself to write something it sucks, like this, I mean I really hate this roleplay I posted. But the nonetheless, I even gotta finish a project for school now so it was abysmal to find out last week that a project deadline clashed with this as well, so I'm just glad I got something up before voting started.
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#85 Posted : 15 April 2010 10:48:44(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
OOC:@PANIC! I could only say 3 words..
Fucking great RP!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#86 Posted : 15 April 2010 11:04:21(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Live at the IMA'S/ Moquel/ LA, Boy Toy, Good Luck!

The audience all sit back in their seats after a big showcase performances of the night, Moquel is thrid and he is nervous about the performance, being his first TV apperence, he doesnt care, he has three songs to do and he was going to rock out the performance. After a commercial break returns back, the lovely hostes introduce Moquel as the audience claps loudly. In the front row, parents of Moquel stand. A curtain is still pulled as a bright white light is shined upon the center stage, a slow piano starts to play. A sweet voice, similar to Luther Vandross starts to be heard.

Moquel: Id rather have fun times with you, than to be with someone else, I rather have my heart that belongs to you.

The last word is a very sharp note with a slow ending, the curtains pull back and the white smoke is coming off the stage as a white piano with Moquel sitting on it with all white suit, pulls and is put on center stage. The piano is played as sharp beat and upbeat tempos are played, Moquel starts to show off his piano skills as he goes up with a fast beat and then down with a Luther Vandross and Stevie Wonder type feel, full of jazz and soul. The spotlight is shined on him as he begins to sing slowly.

Moquel:
Every morning it seems you are wife, the delights of my life, keeps coming back alright, I never knew, I will be Truthly in Love with You. ( In Love with You) As the morning begins, you kissing me, I get so excited because of your love appeal.

He stops and then plays a much faster beat with the piano as a man from the smoke with a white suit on starts to play with a jet black piano he begins to play more soul and Moquel up tempos a blues feel, more like Stevie and Case put together.

Moquel: I knew you were the one for me, I truthly I'm in Love (With You) I sit back, (I watch you) as I keep on falling in love with you.

The piano plays much faster and the piano pulls back in the smoke and he walks up slowly to the mic and begins to sing.

Moquel: I tried so hard, I find the right one, you were right here, in front of my face, I sit back, (I watch you) as the sun goes away, and we are crusing together again. I'm truthly in Love with You. I can feel my heart going, my motivations moving and your love falling.

The last word is a long note, all the guitar and piano starts. He walks around the stage as the rest of the curtains are open and a big size choir are standing on white forehalders in all white. He walks in front of the stage where he can see most of the front row, smokes comes around him.

Moquel: I picture us alone.

A female voice starts to sing as no person is seen.

Woman: The more you make me see. Your my Dearly Angel, Your sent from above. Your my heaven in digust and I love you.

The smokes fades away as Machete, Emma sister is holding hands with Moquel singing as the lyrics flow so flowly along with the powerful choir.

Both: You are my heaven, your my Dearly Angel, I have the footsteps to Heaven again, I want to see your face, your touch, your feel. You my Dearly Angel, My Heaven and my Sky.

The choir and Moquel and Machete starts to sing it over from the top as all the choir walks seperate ways, joining on the sides of the both, singing along with them. They all hold hands and Moquel starts from a acapella.

Moquel: My angel, My sister, My dearly Angel.

Macahete and Moquel hold their hand up as the spotlight shines thought and in the back, a banner comes down. RIP EMMA BLUNT.

The crowd appluases and they all bow and Moquel blows a high kiss to the audience. The camera zooms away from the stage as the camera is high above the ground. A picture of Emma Blunt is shown. RIP.

Setlist
I Truthly Love Her
Id Rather (Luther Vandross Cover)
Dearly Angel

Edited by user 15 April 2010 11:05:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#87 Posted : 15 April 2010 14:45:33(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Congrats to everyone who won! We had a great time hope everyone liked the performance!

-Saburben Sunrise
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#88 Posted : 15 April 2010 14:59:14(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
erich:one day...one day,we'll be rubbing elbows with the stars.

karoliena:i hope not.anyone rubbing my elbows stands a good chance of getting decked.

erich:yeah,i guess it would be a little weird.still,it was a great awards show.

karoliena:shit yeah. it was loads better than our usual Wednesday night fare.i do believe we've seen every law and order episode ever made.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline bdylan88  
#89 Posted : 15 April 2010 15:40:37(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
Lewis: Good evening and welcome to the Birdies! It's been a while since I've been on this stage, it's good to be back.

Hayley: It's time for the first award, and that is the prestigious Best Band award. The nominees are:

Quarantine
Blood of Wecz
Failed Youth
The Nimrods
The Bards
The Waiting Room
The Lost
Mind
Pilot
Axiom
Exit
Enoch

Lewis: And the winner is...
The Bards

Hayley: Very well deserved! Now I'm handing you over to The Parasites before we're back with the award for Best Solo Artist.

The Bards take the stage to accept their award. The entire band has a look of awe on their faces. Marc Rolan takes to the mic, tears welling up in his eyes. " Wow! this...gosh....this is such, SUCH an honor and a privilege to accept this award for best band. It's simply shocking and honestly it brings us to our knees with....love and just an undying love, man! For our fans who have stuck with us through thick and thin! To the ongoing music industry that keeps us on our feet. Thank you to the bands like The Nimrods and Enoch who inspire us to keep on making music! Farewell and adieu! We love you and thank you so much!!

The band waves at the cheering crowd and head off stage.
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline bdylan88  
#90 Posted : 15 April 2010 15:55:53(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
UserPostedImage

The room goes dark. A fierce and shocking strobe light burns the black away. It is followed by the a tremendous BOOM BOOM BOOM of a snare drum, that is quickly followed by an intense base line that keeps the sound mysterious.

SILENCE!
Then suddenly the room explodes in a shower of neon laser lights of red, green and yellow. The familiar intro to the epic rock/fantasy song DRAGON DANCER fills the room. From the shadows emerges Marc Rolan who begins to sing with a youthful and strong voice!

After four minutes the song slows to a wicked drum solo that has the essence of an african tribal beat mixed with a rock n roll sound. Then the song The Coronation begisn to form as Marc Rolan sings his heart and soul.

After six minutes the song ends and the crowd explodes in applause and cheers.

The Bards take center stage and bow for the last time.

Marc looks at the sea of fans. A soft, sweet tear rolls down his cheek as he mouths a soft but honest

" We owe everything! Thank you, thank you!

I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline Regan  
#91 Posted : 16 April 2010 05:23:20(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Congrats to everyone who was nominated and who won! Also incredible performances from everyone! It was an amazing show! I really liked The Parasites and everyone did a good job. One of the best Birdies I think.
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18