logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2010 08:27:51(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Michelle Blunt aka. Machete talks to us wearing only what we see here.

Interviewer : Erm ....
Machete : Meh. If you don't like it, don't interview me. I know I ain't got the best body in the world, but it's mine and I ain't shy about it, eh?
Like a female Nimrod?
No. I don't strip down at shows like they do, nor do I whore myself out like Modi did and probably still does. I just don't like clothes. I usually wear something on stage or out and about, always something loose-fitting, but I'm happy to go au naturelle when I'm indoors alone or with few people.

So, about the sisters. With Madelaine dying in a building crash in 2007, Emma dying in last week's "Dark Blue Massacre", and Modigliana in prison .... how does it feel being left alone?
I'd say "fuck Modi" but it's been said too many times, I don't like tarts like her. Though Maddybee was Emma's real twin, she and I were very alike in that we were both very dependent on Emma - and Emma, she never let us down. She had a heart of gold .... she was a saint, like Joshy Firecracker only without the ridiculous side. Her name, Emmanuelle, suited her - my parents are very Christian and were very proud of Emma's good works. I never thought I'd be the last Blunt standing. It feels so strange.
How do you think life's going to be without Emma to depend on?
It's a real slap in the face. I went into hiding after Maddybee died, and toughened up .... built my "Machete" persona, before I returned, to have Emma always as someone to fall back on if I failed. Now, there's nothing but stale air. I'll really have to get my arse in gear. I'm 34 now, time to realise that there's nobody to make my tea but me.
You say your "Machete" persona - is this like a separate identity?
Not really. Machete is me - my earliest memory is of Maddybee mispronouncing "Michelle Téa" as "Machete", and Emma teaching her how to say "Michelle". So I've never really been much of a Michelle! The strength of the name "Machete" - I guess you could liken that to someone like Stephanie Fierce, in a way - was my basis, for how I built my outer strength and fearlessness from my inner sharp weapon. After all, it may be just a name, but we all need somewhere to start!

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Machete's first download-only releases - "Nightside Blonde", and "Princess vs. Princess" with Raven Comatose.

So, about the music. "Nightside Blonde" and "Princess vs. Princess" were both really successful.
I know, it surprised me! Well, "Nightside Blonde" did, it was just me singing what I felt about Raven at that moment - you know how it used to be. It was utter shit. But people were interested! Raven most of all, enough so that we made "Princess vs. Princess", which was even more successful.
You Madbirds were planning an album - is that going to happen as the four of you?
No. Kamikaze Kate's busy with her newborn son AJ, Nick's got Moronic Changeling, but you will get solo work from Bri Kildare, and from me of course.
You sang with Moquel at the Birdies. Isn't that a bit of a strange choice of duet for a metal vocalist?
If any metalhead out there thinks that I was wrong for joining Moquel on a song, you're not a true metalhead and you can fuck off out of my fanbase. Yeh, working with Moquel was great, he's really talented, though not what I'd usually go for! I'd love to work with him again, though nothing's set in stone.
Doesn't Emma dying, and watching Bikki and Sophy die, make you want to hold back musically?
Anything but. I made that mistake when Maddybee died, I thought that the right thing to do was just cry and cry and not do anything with my life because she's gone. I now realise that the best thing to do, is just get on with your life, and really throw yourself into something you like doing - in my case, music. Not because I want to forget Emma, not at all, I still miss her and grieve for her. But because this is what Emma would want me to do. She always told me that I was a lazy bum and most advice she gave me involved not being so damn lethargic. Well, Emma, for you, I'm going to get off my backside and sing my heart out, eh?
Thankyou, Machete!

Edited by user 16 April 2010 08:53:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Moquel  
#2 Posted : 16 April 2010 10:52:26(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" When I meant you, I saw talent and beauty. You are one kind boo. I love you and grieve you with the lost of one dear sister. A sister to me, and most def, I angel in my sky. I love you again and great interview. I will love to work with you anyday of any week sweetie. Thanks and see you soon"
- Moquel, PS, Anyday anytime in moonlight hours.
UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#3 Posted : 16 April 2010 10:54:01(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Davey:You're awesome, bringing a girl into metal is sooo cool!
Jimmy:Davey stop kissing up, but you are good!And we don't undress for shows, we're constantly naked, except when we go shopping.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....