logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2010 11:20:55(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Set List:
Act 1: Geisha Girl
1. Bittersweet
2. Japan
3. Valley of the Dolls
4. Disco Rollercoaster
Act 2: Vanity Kills
5. Fame Kills
6. Trapped in My Hell
7. Decapitated
8. Suicidal Fame
9. Overdose/K.O.
Act 3: Vanity Funeral
10. Zombie
11. Frankenstein
12. Black Roses
13. Bury Me
Act 4: Bionic Woman
14. Awaken
15. Bionic
16. Retro, Dance, Freak
Act 5: Murder Love
17. In Love with a Vampire
18. Casanova
19. Elope
Act 6: Miss Electronica
20. Pink Vomit
21. 7
22. The Eye
ENCORE
23. Fembot (New Song)

Show review

Quote:
The eccentric popstar arrived on stage an hour and 20 minutes too late and fans were getting frustrated but was it worth the wait?

Miss Vanity opened with a well known recent hit of hers, lead single "Bittersweet" which was taken from her most recent album. Vanity rose from under the stage with a group of 10 dancers. Vanity wore a Japanese kimono with a colourful headpiece to go with it, along with her group of dancers who dressed similarly in Japanese-styled clothing. Vanity and the group of dancers danced their way through tracks "Japan", "Valley of the Dolls" and "Disco Rollercoaster". Vanity and her dancers soon left the stage for a quick costume change whilst the crowd were treated to a video interlude. The screen showed tabloid headlines about Miss Vanity and also footage of paparazzi shoving cameras in front of her face as her and her bodyguard try to push past them all. Vanity soon arrives back on stage with a revealing black latex outfit and heels for "Fame Kills". Vanity is strapped down on a metal surface on stage by two masked men, the surface then rises into the air as it then begins to turn vertically, many fans gasping in case she falls.

Vanity stayed in the air as the stage below Vanity lit on fire for song "Trapped in My Hell", a highlight of the evening. Vanity was lowered back down after the performance to perform "Decapitated", the surface slowly going horizontal again as she stays strapped in. The masked men appear on stage once again and unstrap Vanity from the surface as they pull her over to a guillotine and place her in. Vanity sings the song whilst the audience look on in horror, the end of the song soon approaches and the guillotine blade falls, audience members look worried, the arena blacks out. Despite the camera flashes onto the stage, it's hard to see a thing, but it was another highlight of the show, dramatic and it had the whole audience holding their breath throughout the whole performance. To the relief of the audience, the arena lights soon go back on as Vanity returns to the stage to sing "Suicidal Fame" as a platform Vanity is standing on rises, there's a hole in the middle of the platform and Vanity stands on the edge of it throughout the song, the song abruptly ends as Vanity jumps off the platform into the large hole in the middle of the platform, fans still shriek despite her previous death on stage from the guillotine. Vanity returns to the stage to sing a mash-up of tracks "Overdose" and "K.O." as she falls to the floor at the end, the lights go off and the large LED screen says "R.I.P".

It's the Vanity Funeral next and the whole stage turns into a graveyard, a large amount of dancers are seen on stage, all of them in scary masks as Vanity soon appears with green skin, covered in ripped fabric, wearing zombie contact lenses. It's like "Thriller" all over again as Vanity and her dancers do an impressive and complex dance to tracks "Zombie", "Frankenstein" and "Black Roses". Vanity is seen entering a casket on stage after the songs as the casket is lowered under the stage, the audience still hear Vanity singing along to next track "Bury Me" as the lights soon fade out.

The casket rises back up, Vanity is seen sporting a futuristic metal dress as the casket opens, Vanity performs "Awaken" as the stage looks like a futuristic scientific laboratory. Vanity moves like a robot and walks slowly, and what is she surrounded by? Real robots! Her and the weirdly large but scary robots are seen dancing to the next songs "Bionic" and "Retro, Dance, Freak". The stage becomes covered in smoke as Vanity and the robots leave the stage.

Another video interlude is shown, a heart is seen falling, a plain white background behind it, it soon starts to explode in slow motion, blood bursting out and covering the screen as the white smoke that was seen on stage before turns red. Vanity appears back on stage with a group of all male dancers. "Hey guys, are you having a good fucking time?" Vanity screams to the crowd as they roar back. "Good because you're not getting your money back" she laughs as she dances to track "In Love with a Vampire". We see Vanity then leave but soon come back on stage with a sexy red Spanish dress, a rose held between her teeth as her and a male dancer perform a Spanish routine to an instrumental of "Casanova", the rose drops from her mouth, she then begins to sing the rest of the track whilst continuing dancing. "Elope" is next as she slips off the bottom of the long dress, her legs now showing. Her and a dancer begin to kiss throughout the song and begin a very controversial and sexually suggestive routine.

At this next point of the show, Vanity seemed a little worn out, her dancing seemed to be a little less energetic and her voice although still good, not to the quality that we heard earlier on in the show. Nevertheless, her performances to newer tracks from her most recent album "Pink Vomit", "7" and "The Eye" were still entertaining. Vanity turned it from a concert into a fashion show for the next act as a large screen was placed at the back of the stage, Vanity and her dancers changing there at rapid speeds to walk down her long catwalk stage to the experimental and different sounding electronica tracks that are on her Perfectionist album. At the end of "The Eye", the song changed tempo and became faster, her and her dancers were all on the catwalk and suddenly began an uptempo dance as the crowd cheered with excitement.

The show was near to an end as Vanity came back on stage for an encore wearing a simple yet sexy black PVC catsuit and black six-inch heels. "You guys have been so amazing to me tonight Boston, I've had a blast. The young girl who had a dream to make music and tour the world is now standing here, with near to 40 million records sold and it's all thanks to you, I love my fans!" Vanity screamed to the crowd, tears seen in her eyes as the whole arena chanted back. "This next song is a new one of mine that will be on my next album that I'm currently working on. I know you guys waited ages for the last album but that won't be the case with this one! I hope you enjoy it!". Vanity and her dancers then danced to her new track "Fembot", the whole stage then exploding with fireworks as the song ends. "Thank you Boston, I hope you enjoyed the show! I fucking love you and I hope to see you all again soon, I love youuu!!" She shouted to the crowd as her and her dancers took a bow and then ran off stage.

No apologies from her for the late arrival onto the stage but at the end of the show, all was forgiven and the crowd were on their feet throughout the entire thing. An overall bizarre but certainly entertaining show that was put on from Vanity, and did we expect anything less? Of course not.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline troymazing  
#2 Posted : 16 April 2010 12:39:41(UTC)
troymazing

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OOC: Amazing as usual Stacy!
GirlSpice wrote: