logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2010 03:01:03(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Q: Where do you find inspiration for your song writing?
Joey: There’s inspiration everywhere each day, However your feeling be it sad, happy, lonely, joyful. It’s all emotion. Obviously I can’t just wake up each morning and write 6 great songs. Usually it will take something big in my life like a break up or some sort of major event. When I’m writing I always try to make it as honest as I possibly can. The fact that I spent most of my life trying to become a screenwriter means that I’m used to writing about other people and there is obviously an element of fiction in that, but with songs I write about myself, whether it be about my take on the world or whether it’s about how I feel about somebody. But all in all I try to make my songs as honest as I possibly can.

Q: What does 2010 have in store for you?
Joey: At the moment nothing is set in stone. But I’ve been discussing touring, I particularly want to go to the UK and hopefully do some gigs there, I've never been but it's had a huge influence on music and there's some places I really want to visit. And I’d like to have my debut album out before the end of the year. But at the moment I’m just living life, I’m usually at home during the day and maybe out with a couple of friends at night, I’m not a party kind of person so I’m usually back at home at 11:00am.

Q: What are you future goals?
Joey: I’d love to do all kinds of things, I’d like to concentrate more on music for the next 6-7 years and then I’d like to try other things. I’d love to write a novel in the future, but at the moment I’m not really ready for that kind of commitment. I’d also like to write a feature film, but that’s all in the future. I’d like to do a soundtrack for a film where every song is by me, I love that kind of soundtrack when it’s just one artist on the soundtrack, so that’s something I’d love to do.

Q: Your unknown to a lot of people, tell us about yourself?
Joey: Well I grew up in Denver, Colorado in 1982. I was interested in music from a very young age, I started playing piano at 6 and my parents were very artistic. I was always one of the top students throughout school. I have a close group of friends who I’ve known since I was about 7. When I left high school I attended Berklee music college and I enjoyed every second when I was there. I’ve never taken drugs but I have been offered in the past, I rarely drink alcohol and I don’t smoke. After I attended Berklee music college I became a teaching assistant at a local school and I eventually became a full-time teacher, which Is what I did for 5 years. When I left Berklee I couldn’t afford to just focus on becoming a screenwriter or a singer-songwriter I needed to get a job and save up money and this year I decided to take a year off from teaching to see if I could get a record deal and make this music career work.
Teaching was a great job and I loved every minute of it, but it just wasn’t my dream, I would have been happy enough teaching for the rest of my life but I wanted to take the change to become a musician.
I’ve had two long term girlfriends and that’s all, I’ve never had a one-night stand or anything like that, When I was at Berklee at the age of 18 I fell in love with a girl and we broke up when I was about 21 and I fell in love with another girl when I was about 23 and we broke up last year. I don’t really do the club scene thing because I’m the kind of person who just wants to find someone I love and get married and have kids. It may sound a bit lame or sad but that’s just the way I am. But I'm single at the moment and I really don't like it, I'm not a fan of the loneliness, I've got my friends but it's not the same.
I hope that’s enough information for you.