logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Regan  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2010 15:14:27(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
news | tourdates | info | releases

news:
we will be using this minisite for all the news on the upcoming Quarantine record which will be called 'Glasshouse'. the album is to be more progressive and ambient then past releases. it will still be experimental but will have more of a "rock" feel to it. it will also be a very layered down record and we are aiming towards the record playing and feeling like a concept album but having no story to be followed on it so therefore it won't be considered a concept album only play as one. we are anxious to get into the studio with the great Jimmy Him of The Nimrods. he is helping us out on a few songs on the guitar and laying some back-up vocals on some tracks. he has helped us out on the song "Infidel" and another called "Purgatory". he has only send us the parts he has recorded for it since we haven't entered the studio yet and plans to record a final version of the shit he has sent us. we hope to have this album out if not late May then early June or early July. a world tour will be followed with it and we plan to release a live album after this album has been released. we are setting out to record our best and greatest album yet. we do that with every record we record but we really want to step outside the box on this one and plan to do so as well. more news will be given as time goes on.

love,
quarantine.

tourdates:
none as of yet. check back soon!

info:
UserPostedImage
from left-to-right: alan kidd, regan futrell, austin simmons, & vincent hale

regan futrell - vocals, guitar
alan kidd - drums, backup vocals
austin simmons - bass guitar, backup vocals
vincent hale - vocals, guitar

releases:
For The Liers, The Cheaters, & The Backstabbers[1st Album]
Salvation[Trilogy E.P. later re-released as full album]
Rx[2nd Album](Won Best Album At The Birdies)
Amneisa/The Catalyst[3rd Album, a double album](Won Best Album At The Birdies)
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Regan  
#2 Posted : 01 May 2010 09:55:53(UTC)
Regan

Man

we are officially in the studio. jimmy hasn't joined us yet but we are in phase 1 of demoing these new songs but once jimmy comes things will pick up a lot quicker. they are coming out great. fast-tempo, dark, ambient, progressive, more melodies,and more in-your-face. we are still going for a layered down record and plan to outdo ourselves with it. with this said we will release a demo e.p. on regans bday this tuesday! here is the tracklist:

01. Purgatory[Demo]
02. Reflection[Demo]
03. The Nightmare I've Become[Demo]

all tracks might not be on Glasshouse but they are worthy contenders. they aren't the shitty kind of demos you hear either. we think they sound great and hope you like them. like we said it will be released tuesday free of charge. a gift from us for waiting on this album because we are anxious for you all to hear it. we got done with an 8-minute instrumental of the self-titled song Glasshouse last night. it's haunting and very experimental. we're only gonna have two instrumentals on the album. Glasshouse really isn't an instrumental because there is a spoken word part Regan did in it but that is about it. the album is shaping up good and we can't wait for you all to hear it. hope to hear from you soon.

love,
quarantine.

Edited by user 01 May 2010 09:58:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
Offline Johnny Cobain  
#3 Posted : 01 May 2010 17:11:02(UTC)
Johnny Cobain

Interesting, can't wait to hear the finished songs, personally I love demos. a couple of the songs on my album are demos, they feel better then the polished songs.
Offline Regan  
#4 Posted : 04 May 2010 07:28:37(UTC)
Regan

Man

Thanks man.
-Regan Futrell

this might actually get done a lot quicker then expected now. regan will not be touring for his solo album but enjoys the success he has had with his album "Empathy" so therefore we will all be recording and getting things done at a faster pace. we are still going to take our time to make sure this album is beyond good from begginning to end. regan also isn't sure about the last a static theory album and tour but says it will be done if it doesn't happen this year. we all are brining some very brilliant ideas to the table this time around and we wish we could release the album today but we can't plus it isn't finish yet anyways but the demos are sounding great. we hope to release a second set of demos if we dont get this album done by june. the album title is staying "Glasshouse". we are stepping out of the box this time around and it will be our best album. it drives influences from life really. i know regan is being influence from his best friend battling with cancer and so are we. jakey being in the hospital has really changed a lot of us. we hope to make one of those albums 30 years from now people in this time will tell their kids than that "back in my day this album was a classic and still is". thats what we hope to achieve with this album. we plan to record the follow up in fall or winter this year so expect us to stick around for a while again. we hope to release a live album as well after this album and maybe a b-sides album we aren't sure. we do know we got a lot of songs written for this and more are coming out as i speak. until next time.

love,
austin simmons.
thecerebral_collection:
Offline Regan  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2010 05:41:58(UTC)
Regan

Man

Quote:
The band has officially entered the studio in Gaston, NC with Jimmy Him producing the album. It is being recorded in a log cabin which has lake view and the band plans to record the album and have it complete before June. The album will be a different approach to the bands sound and style. Jimmy is rumored to be providing some guitar licks on some of the songs and Regan wanted to wait to record the album until Jakey was out of the hospital but decided to enter it early since this fall he will be busy with Casting Thin Shadows and maybe A Static Theory. The demo E.P. has been delayed and will be released this Sunday for sure. Thanks for your time and patience. We hope to have another Best Album winner at the Birdies with this one once again!

-Alan Kidd
thecerebral_collection:
Offline Regan  
#6 Posted : 17 May 2010 06:30:55(UTC)
Regan

Man

we are still in this dark abyss known as a studio. if you haven't heard we played a secret show the other night under the name "No Sex" and debuted some new songs. we had a break from the studio and decided we wanted to play some of the new songs live. the crowd loved it! our first single from the album is so far going to be "Descending Doves". it's about the circle of life and how some things just have to burn out and fade away. this album is really influenced on spirutal events that has happen in our lives. oh! and jakey comatose has came in the studio to work on some songs with us as well. so we got producing going on from jimmy him for the whole album and jakey on a couple of songs. jakey also lends his vocals and guitar down on two songs he helped us write. this album is going to outdo anything we have done. the first single is aiming for a june 1st release. we wanted to release some demos before then but decided since we are already almost done with the record it really isn't a point to. the album is aiming for a june 11th release hopefully. the album is a very layered down record. it plays and follows like a concept album would except it isn't telling a story behind it. jimmy and i have a dual guitar solo on the song called "Infidel" which will be the opening track from the album. he also plays lead guitar through that whole song and does background vocals on it. jakey will be on the song "Purgatory" and another song i'm not going to reveal until the album comes closer to its release. album is dark, experimental, ambient, prog rock, and amazing. i never thought i would be making an album this amazing and here i am now. we really out did ourselves i think. we wanted to top our concept album "Rx" so we made a double album of two different genres, now that we did that we had to make an amazing record that sounds perfect beginning to end and at the same time improve on our sound and we did it. i don't like talking about our next record while we are recording a record but we hope to have another one out before the end of the year. alan and i are going to do a final casting thin shadows album since we didn't like how things ended last time so we hope to have that out around christmas time cause we plan to do a world tour in support of this album. well i really don't have much more to say. just thought i would update everyone on the album and how good it is. we plan to record some acoustic versions of the songs and release an e.p. of them if we do we will let you all know when we plan to do it. we might actually do another unplug show sometime soon and actually release a cd from the performance. enough of me talking! i totally suggest the waiting rooms new album "Red Sky Season". it's amazing! and their best work to date. i love that band. paul reeves can go from hardcore fist pumping music to writing some sweet melodies with an alternative rock band. i'm sorry got off track. later.

love,
regan futrell.
thecerebral_collection: