logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Regan  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2010 14:20:05(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The Waiting Room consisting of Fear members Paul Reeves and Logan Spills are back already with a new album. They recorded a new album in Brooklyn, New York with Casting Thin Shadows guitarist John Smith producing the album who produced the bands album "Define Gravity" and its concept album "Machines". The band recently wrapped up sessions and look eager to release a new album independently like the last one.

The album title is "Red Sky Season".

Red Sky Season
01. Strange Cases
02. Republica
03. Distant Visions
04. In The Wool
05. Communication Breakdown
06. Corpses Ashes
07. Leukaemia
08. If I Remember(The Sirens Call)
09. Airsupply
10. Meet Me At The Equator

Track 7 is said to be about Jakey Comatose and dedicated to him for his battle with the disease. The first single will be "Republica" and will be released on May 11th. The album will be released on May 18th. Artwork coming soon!
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2010 23:36:39(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
"I'll definitely be buying this album, I can't wait to hear what you guys have done for this album."
- Max Armstrong
Offline Regan  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2010 15:10:45(UTC)
Regan

Man

The first single "Republica" has been released. It is a different approach and more agressive then any song The Waiting Room have did. It's in-your-face the whole entire song with an amazing breakdown that leads into a haunting solo. Its backed by two b-sides one being an acoustic version of "The Breeze" live, and the other one being a remix of a new song from the album called "Communication Breakdown" which was remixed by bunker18. The band being independent right now you can download the single right here!

Tracklist:
01. Republica
02. The Breeze[Live & Acoustic]
03. Communication Breakdown[bunker18 remixxx]

Produced By: John Smith
Recorded At: Brooklyn, NY

Album art:
UserPostedImage

Done by Austin Simmons of the band Quarantine.

Edited by user 10 May 2010 15:13:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thecerebral_collection:
Offline Johnny Cobain  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2010 15:38:36(UTC)
Johnny Cobain

Wishes you would sign with Metamorphosis Records/
Offline Mlsku  
#5 Posted : 10 May 2010 15:55:55(UTC)
Mlsku

"...So yeah, you know, I listened to the album when the... the uh, singer texted me and emailed me the raw files. And wow, just wow. His vocals just put me in my place, the guitar work was amazing, and the beats they layed out... oh my god, if John Bonham had heard that his boner would've shoved Texas into Argentina. This album is a must. If you doubt for one minute that this album is a masterpiece than you're doubting the God's of rock half cousin's offspring!"
-Sam Huffman, The Blasted Boys
Producer for the first album of The Mon
The Blasted Boys
Blues/Rock

Also proud owner of
The Mon
Reggae

Blasted Boys News:
Next Studio Album reviewed by Spin Magazine: "Revives rock into it's Spontaneous and catalystic formula that blew up in every track on that album."
Album Coming Next Month
New Single Released Tomorrow!

The Mon News:
tour of Canada continues
Recording with The Blasted Boys for next studio album
Offline Regan  
#6 Posted : 13 May 2010 14:31:07(UTC)
Regan

Man

Thanks everyone. And thanks for the label offer but we like being independent right now. Album has been released early. You can download it here. Here is a running time of the tracks and liner notes:

Red Sky Season
01. Strange Cases - 3:48
02. Republica - 4:21
03. Distant Visions - 5:12
04. In The Wool - 3:58
05. Communication Breakdown - 6:11
06. Corpses Ashes - 5:00
07. Leukaemia - 4:29
08. If I Remember(The Sirens Call) - 2:44
09. Airsupply - 1:38
10. Meet Me At The Equator - 3:24

Notes:
Strange Cases was influenced by the book Strange Cases of Dr. Jackyll and Mr. Hyde
Leukaemia is about Jakey Comatose battling with the disease

Produced By: John Smith and The Waiting Room
All Lyrics By: Paul Reeves and Logan Spills
All Music Written & Performed By: The Waiting Room
Recorded At: Brooklyn, NY
Album Dedicated To: Robert Turner, you will be missed!
Artwork By: Austin Simmons of Quarantine
THANK YOU!

A Note From Paul Reeves:
"Fear will still be touring and recording a new album this fall. We are working on an extremely badass lineup for a tour with Casting Thin Shadows this winter and hope to have it announced at the end of the summer. This album will be our last for a good while most likely. It's our best music in my honest opinion. It represents us to a different level and we are proud what came out on this record. There are two acoustic songs we did that we usually never do. "In The Wool" and "Meet Me At The Equator". We felt good about everything on this record and hope you all do to when you listen to it. Logan and I are excited about Fear reuniting but we aren't letting that get in the way of us. We will release the B-Sides album this summer and have a live album out around begginning of fall. After we tour with Fear we will be back in the studio! After six albums I like to say it has been one hell of a ride and a quick one too but we are NOT breaking up. Logan and I will always keep doing this and so will Frank, Will, and Donnavon unless they decide to leave but we love this band, its different, and we love our fans and the touring we have done. The next single will be "Corpses Ashes". A ballad we wrote that I think sounds pretty haunting and badass. We plan to tour all summer long from now till September. It has been a blast and we love you all. Think of it as the end of phase one because when we come back to phase 2 we will have a greater album at least we hope. Peace out.
-Paul Reeves"

You can get the album here.

OOC: I won't paying attention and accidently named it Red Skies Season instead of Red Sky Season.

thecerebral_collection: