logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline old.gregg  
#1 Posted : 09 May 2010 04:21:05(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
OOC: This is a few weeks on from my last few posts (as well as a boosted recovery time too), I was gonna wait, but thought I'd get Jakey back out there a little bit...

The management behind Jakey Comatose today announced that the singer/multi-instrumentalist was officially in remission, after spending his past few months battling leukaemia. They were straight to the point, and not much was said:

"Jakey hopes to continue in music, playing some of this summers festivals and maybe a few shows of his own. Obviously, Jakey's past few months have affected him both mentally and physically. He's already discussed with us the idea of putting out another album in the coming weeks, as he will be housebound for some time yet. Knowing Jakey, this won't be a cop out, it'll be the real deal, so expect some news on that soon. He sends his thanks to everyone who has been there for him through this hard time.

Jakey's back!
- JC Management"

Jakey himself is expected to make a statement himself in the next few days.

Edited by user 10 May 2010 09:54:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

-
Offline chopper1156  
#2 Posted : 09 May 2010 04:46:27(UTC)
chopper1156

Groups: Registered
Man

Jason:Thats great to hear!
Alex:Agreed
Old Successes

The Rebels
Iron Hammer
Till Death Do Us Part

Now-Act Of God-New Wave of American Heavy Metal/Nu-Metal

Sounds like-Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Godsmack, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy.

Signed to-Monk on Fire Music

Jason Wilson
Connor McWilliams
Geo
Sebastian
Alex Walkman

Nominated for Best Band at the 21st IMAS/Birdies
Offline old.gregg  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2010 09:54:20(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Jakey Comatose has tonight uploaded a [presumed to be] new track, and the first song released from the artist since he was taken ill. In a blog, he has said that this is likely to be the style of his next album. The song is called 'Vicious Circularity', a 6 minute, 18 second long shoegaze style track. It features many droning guitars, with a reverse reverb effect, building to create a wall of sound. Jakey's vocals are subdued, but melodic, telling the story of a vicious circle, thought to be in reference to his previous drug abuse. This is not the first time that Jakey has experimented with guitars and effects, however drones and heavy reverb are something that Jakey admits he has an obsession with currently.

He is yet to speak publicly on the diagnosis and treatment of his leukaemia, but is expected to in the coming days.
-
Offline Regan  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2010 14:28:41(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
Jakey Comatose has tonight uploaded a [presumed to be] new track, and the first song released from the artist since he was taken ill. In a blog, he has said that this is likely to be the style of his next album. The song is called 'Vicious Circularity', a 6 minute, 18 second long shoegaze style track. It features many droning guitars, with a reverse reverb effect, building to create a wall of sound. Jakey's vocals are subdued, but melodic, telling the story of a vicious circle, thought to be in reference to his previous drug abuse. This is not the first time that Jakey has experimented with guitars and effects, however drones and heavy reverb are something that Jakey admits he has an obsession with currently.

He is yet to speak publicly on the diagnosis and treatment of his leukaemia, but is expected to in the coming days.

Yes! Now all you need to do is head into the studio with the rest of Quarantine and Jimmy Him. Lay down some guitar tracks and vocals is what I'm asking if your down for it!
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline old.gregg  
#5 Posted : 10 May 2010 17:55:48(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Yeah man, it'd be my pleasure. See you soon...
Jakey x
-
Offline Regan  
#6 Posted : 16 May 2010 08:32:50(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Awesome. Can't wait to hear your new stuff and we should try to do another tour together or something. Email me if your interested.(OOC: PM Me).
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Moquel  
#7 Posted : 16 May 2010 08:55:11(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Good luck man. I'm really proud that you are still pushing! Stay strong, bru."
- Moquel

" I'm so happy that you releasing new material, handsome. I'm glad to see you still here with us."
- Holly Zona
UserPostedImage