logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MATTT  
#1 Posted : 21 May 2010 13:30:52(UTC)
MATTT

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Record/Single/Tour

The young upcoming band "The Walls" finished recording their first full length album at Junction Records studio on Tuesday and this is one of the most anticipated albums from a young band. The album has so many different genre sounds and the band refueses to say that they are just one genre, this album has sounds from "Electronic Techno" all the way to Organs and Piano's. The first single off the album "Happy Days On Elms St." Was released on Wendsday May 19th and in its first day has sold 14,881 coppies. The next single that will be released off this album is the song entittled "Mountains." The band will also be joining James' older brother Matt's band Saburben Sunrise on the "Doesn't Mean It's Legal Circus Tour" which will be kicking off on June 13th 2010. The band has yet to release a statement on what they will be doing after the tour.

Meaning behind the songs

Happy Days On Elms St.This song was written about when James was about 15 and he heard screams from his neighbor. It turned out that his neighbor was murdering his wife. James described this song as "This is a song to show that stuff like this doesn't only happen in movies. So I think it will be interesting." The song features a very faint voice in the intro saying "Fuck this place..You bastard...Welcome to....The Walls." After that a dark piano starts to play and all you hear for about 20 seconds is James' piano riffs. After that James begins to sing and Dan plays his acoustic guitar, 10 seconds after that the electric guitar begins to play.

Teen HeartsThis song was written by Dan. The song is about how during their time in high school there were 15 girls who got pregenant. The song begins with a slow guitar riff on Dan's electric. After he plays that riff the music stops and a bass line plays. The band was asked if on the tour they are going to play the radio edit or the original and they answered "Why the hell would you ask that. We are going to play the original we hate radio edited songs. The songs lyrics are very deep and dark.

I Just Want To RunThis song was written by Dan. The song begins with a keyboard techno sound to it and then changes into an electric guitar. This song is a totally fictional song and tells a story about a man and a woman who have been told that they only have two weeks to live. When they are told the news they go out and do everything they have wanted to do. The song supposebly shows a happier side of "The Walls"

The WarThis song starts with the sound of a womans scream and then the sound of a gun being cocked. Before we can hear the gun shoot the band begins to play a sort of Jazz tone. The song has a trumpet solo at the end of the song. Once the song ends you finally hear the gun shoot. This song is about how so many people have been murdered for no appairent reason.

Your Blood Runs Down My Face Like The River In the Middle Of The DesertThis song has no meaning what so ever. The band describes it as "A giant mix of different words thrown into a song. The song begins with an Chillo playing and then a triangle. After the intro the entire band junps into the song and begins to play at a very fast tone.

Halo's(Destroy Those Who Weat ThemThis song is all about monsters. The song begins with a vocal opening and then the drums kick in. It isnt until the first minute when the rest of the band comes into the song

MountainsThis is going to be the second single off the album. In the begining of the song you can hear the whole band laughing in the backround and then a drum roll begins. After the drum roll you hear the bass play a simple riff, Then it all goes silent. At the end of the silence you hear James say "What you see is what you get.. And were the grand prize." After that the band begins to play at a very slow speed and then builds up into a fast beat. This song is about how the band is suprised that they made it to the industry with their new unique sound.

9 a.m. On Sunday MorningThis song is an intermisson. It begins with the sound of church bells then goes into James' piano playing.

What Was Once Sacred Is Not DestroyedThe song begins with a guitar solo then the rest of the band joins in. This song is relativily slow compaired to the others. This song is about how music has changed so much from the early 1900s all the way to todays music in 2010.

Life Without You(Is Pretty Good)This song begins with the intro voice saying "You've made it this far so why stop now." Then a piano begins to play. During the piano playing James is singing. This song is 8 minutes long and it is just James' singing and piano playing for the first 2 minutes. After the two minutes the rest of the band joins in and plays soft for about a minute and then begins to play insainly fast. This song is about James' Ex-girlfriend who cheated on him.
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 21 May 2010 19:13:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
Max: It's gonna be a great album, I heard you guys playing a couple of songs next door and they could all become huge songs for you. I can't wait to see how you guys develop.
Offline chopper1156  
#3 Posted : 22 May 2010 08:26:28(UTC)
chopper1156

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
Max: It's gonna be a great album, I heard you guys playing a couple of songs next door and they could all become huge songs for you. I can't wait to see how you guys develop.

Alex:Ditto man, sounds really exciting
Old Successes

The Rebels
Iron Hammer
Till Death Do Us Part

Now-Act Of God-New Wave of American Heavy Metal/Nu-Metal

Sounds like-Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Godsmack, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy.

Signed to-Monk on Fire Music

Jason Wilson
Connor McWilliams
Geo
Sebastian
Alex Walkman

Nominated for Best Band at the 21st IMAS/Birdies
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 22 May 2010 16:11:54(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
erich"*spitting out his beer in surprise* damn! this guy got 15 girls pregnant in high school?! i wish i had that kinda luck with the ladies in high school.hell,i'd be happy to be that successful now....well,aside from the pregnancy bit.

karoliena:i thought you said you were sterile due to the cloning process?

erich:hush my child,hush.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline MATTT  
#5 Posted : 22 May 2010 17:24:26(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Dan: No i didnt get the girls pregnant.. The girls got prego on their on man haha
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 22 May 2010 20:34:37(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
MATTT wrote:
Dan: No i didnt get the girls pregnant.. The girls got prego on their on man haha

Max: Well not entirely on their own I would assume.
Offline Moquel  
#7 Posted : 23 May 2010 02:58:05(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" I love the track, I Just Want to Run . This album has a lot of potienal and I cant wait to actually hear it."
- Moquel
UserPostedImage