logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 24 May 2010 22:15:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
Cristina Lake is a 19 year old who is also a well known actress, she has decided to venture into her first love, Music. "I first really took an interest in music when I was about 8, I heard Highway 61 Revisited which my father had just bought and It was like wow, It was feeling that I've never felt since, really weird."
She’s spent the last couple of months writing and preparing her debut album which should be out later on in the year. She has a treat for fans though because this evening will see the release of her debut single The Reality Is (I Love You) which will also feature the B-Sides Hold Me Close In Your Arms and Smile’s Open Hearts. She has agreed to answer a couple of questions from fans.

Q: How difficult has it been to go from acting to singing?
Cristina: It’s not been a whole lot different to be honest. I’ve been singing all my life but usually in the shower or around the house. I love acting but singing was really my first love so it’s not that difficult to go from one to the other.

Q: How would you describe your music?
Cristina: I suppose people are gonna say that it’s pop music, but I would say it’s more traditional pop, with a folk element to it. The kind of voices you would have heard 40 or 50 years ago but with a more modern edge to it. I don’t mind people calling it pop music because in a way it is pop music but I prefer the term alternative pop, it’s not pop music like Tisha Jackson or Stephanie Fierce or Miss Vanity, I don't have their kind of ability, it’s a different kind of pop music, with a more folky edge.

Q: What can we expect from your debut album?
Cristina: Well that’s kinda hard to answer because I haven’t begun recording the songs for the album yet, I haven’t even finished writing. If you like this single then you’ll like the album, that’s all I can say on that one really.

Q: Describe what the single is about?
Cristina: It’s kind of self explanatory really. It’s basically about realising that the person you’ve always seen as a best friend is actually the person your in love with. Too many people worry about “The Rules” and worry about how it could ruin your friendship, My view on that is that your just too afraid to do anything about it and that’s not how I live my life, you’ve gotta take chances and have no regrets.

Q: Are you single right now and if so would you like to go out sometime?
Cristina: Your sweet, Yeah I’m single right now, I’d be happy to meet up and have a coffee with you but I’m not really focussing on dating or anything like that right now, If something happens naturally then great but I’m not gonna force myself to find someone just yet. I have my whole life ahead of me to settle down.

Q: Did you play the instruments on the single?
Cristina: I did play piano on the B-Side, Smile's Open Hearts but thats all, I've never been very skilled at learning new instruments but I can play piano. A friend of mine called Zach Taylor played guitar on all three of the songs and he'll play guitar on my debut album, he's a good friend and we had a lot of fun working together and hopefully that will come across in the songs.

The single is available with two different covers.
Version 1:
UserPostedImage

Version 2:
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 25 May 2010 02:26:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Moquel  
#2 Posted : 25 May 2010 08:01:45(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Good luck love"
- Holly Zona

" Good chance to put your music out, make a last impression and finally"
- Moquel

" Hey. Give a boost and they will recieve it! girly."
-Vincent Coxx
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 25 May 2010 13:28:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
erich:i think we should give this a go.

karoliena:because she is cute?

erich:well that, and vocal stylings of 40 to 50 years ago should be right up our alley.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 25 May 2010 21:53:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Chart Positions Week One
UK - 72
USA - 63
Canada - 53
World - 226

Copies Sold - 92,171

Message From Cristina
"Thanks to everyone who bought a copy of the single it's greatly appreciated. I know that there wasn't any promotion on the single so it wasn't ever likely to do very well in the charts but I'm quite suprised that it sold so many copies in the first week of sales. Thanks again everyone."
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 26 May 2010 21:28:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Chart Positions Week Two
UK - 47
USA - 43
Canada - 44
World - 225

Copies Sold - 92,665
Offline GirlSpice  
#6 Posted : 27 May 2010 01:35:36(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Miss Vanity: I'm a big fan of folk-pop so I look forward to hearing some more of your material!

Edited by user 27 May 2010 01:37:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 27 May 2010 01:40:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

GirlSpice wrote:
Miss Vanity: I'm a big fan of folk-pop so I look forward to hearing some more of your material!

Cristina: Thanks, I'm a big fan of yours, I've seen you live a couple of times and you just blew me away.