logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Raphaela  
#1 Posted : 04 June 2010 05:41:31(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
June 1st, 2010

It seems like a typical Tuesday evening in London, UK. But for many people, it marks the end of a huge sensation that has hit the mainstream few years ago. The place of the funeral is The Roxy.

*Backstage*

Fat Chance: This is it. In less than 10 minutes we hit the stage as The Prisoners one last time.
Favorite Son: I think I'll throw up.
Extraordinary Girl: I'm glad I haven't eaten anything over the past couple hours.
St. Jimmy: *lights a cigarette* Yeah.

The Waiting Room were finishing up their last song, the roadies were finishing up tunning their instruments, the venue was at its full capacity, people were enjoying every second of that concert. The atmosphere was perfect. There was a huge poster behind the band with a coffin in it.
"The Prisoners! The Prisoners! The Prisoners!" The crowd was screaming after The Waiting Room left. That was it.
*The band enters the stage*

Fat Chance: Hello, hello, London! What a warm and amazing night for a funeral! We have something special to begin our lovely night. Face this as foreplay *laughs*. This is a song by a dutch band called Heideroosjes. I want to see you all jumping and fucking enjoying today!

They play the song, with some people on the crowd singing along. They couldn't blame the audience, the song wasn't really that famous, but it was perfect to begin the 'Funeral Concert' as they called.

Fat Chance: Enough covers for now. Favorite Son, care to begin the next one...?

Favorite Son screams the beginning of 'Charging, Comrades!' while playing the initial guitar riff. Now almost the whole venue was shouting the words at the top of their lungs. Next they play another one of their last album, Stalingrad, with Fat Chance shooting at the air with a toy riffle.

Fat Chance: Enough of the funeral thing now. *the huge poster with a coffin falls and the word 'Anger' shows up behind, on huge letters.*
Today we're here to celebrate something that will always be present in humanity, and it's the main weapon to changes. I want everyone screaming with me 'anger is an energy!'.
'Anger is an energy! Anger is an energy! Anger is an energy!' *crowd screams with Fat Chance*
Favorite Son: HELL YEAH! This is a good crowd!!
Fat Chance: Now for the nest songs I want to call someone special, that you all already know. Mary, or should I say Haushinka?! Come over here!

Mary enters the stage with the crowd screaming and clapping. She needed to play at the final concert, after all, she was the bass player on all albums except the last one. The band was now playing with two bass players and they soon follow to play 3 old songs, Kill the Rich, Kiss This UK and English Idiot. Fat Chance gives his guitar to Mary so that he can interact more with the crowd on the next two songs, Capitalist Pig and A New War Approaches. Most of the crowd were going crazy with all the old songs and Mary back at the stage.

Fat Chance: Mary plays guitar better than me! For next song, we have another special guest. *gets a doll with a mohawk, leather jacket, spiked bracelets, etc* This is our little rebel. Guess what song is next?!

The crowd goes crazy with Fat Chance playing with the doll while singing Mommy's Little Rebel. They follow playing Mommy, Can I go Out and Protest Tonight?.

Fat Chance: Now say goodbye to little rebel. Or better. To honour our concert today, I want everyone to think of the person or thing you hate most on this world... Now I want you to concentrate all this anger on our hands and...

He throws the doll at the crowd, which is quickly teared apart in small pieces by the angry fans.

Favorite Son: That's what I like!!
Fat Chance: Beautiful guys, just beautiful. Jimmy, care to begin next song...?
St. Jimmy: Do it yourselves.
Fat Chance: Someone's on a bad mood today...but fuck him, Favorite Son can sing the next song, right?
Favorite Son: I can try.

Jimmy's response confused the band and fans, but Favorite Son handled Bloody Oil just fine. At least he wasn't refusing to play the drums.

Fat Chance: Our beloved Mary has to go now. But we still have one more more for you!
Mary: Bye guys, I love you all from the bottom of my heart! It was amazing to fell all this energy on stage again, made me feel so alive...Farewell and have a nice life!

Mary leaves with everyone clapping again, and the band starts playing the last song Glory Days Shall Come.

Fat Chance: Thanks you and good night!

The band leave and the crowd starts to shout 'The Prisoners! The Prisoners! The Prisoners!' again. The band returns for the encore.

Fat Chance: Thought we wouldn't be back?! *laughs* We couldn't leave without playing some more songs to you.

They follow up playing the songs everyone was waiting for, The Sound of Freedom, Drowned in Blood and No Fascist Police.

Fat Chance: We're no longer The Prisoners, and this is our last song!
Favorite Son: But first, I want to seriously say that the past years were the best of our lives, and I don't think we'll ever feel as good as we felt when we were The Prisoners.
Fat Chance: We'll miss you guys. Always remember, the revolution never dies! ANGER IS AN ENERGY!

Fat Chance, Favorite Son and some hardcore fans there dropped a few tears, that were soon washed away when they played their last song ever, Never Surrender.
After they left, many fans were crying like children, and backstage Fat Chance and Favorite Son were also crying.
It was a warm and amazing night for a funeral.

Setlist

My Funeral (Heideroosjes cover)
Charging, Comrades!
Stalingrad
Kill The Rich
Kiss This UK
English Idiot
Capitalist Pig
A New War Approaches
Mommy's Little Rebel
Mommy, Can I go Out and Protest Tonight?
Glory Days Shall Come
The Sound of Freedom
Drowned in Blood
No Fascist Police
Never Surrender

OOC: Feedback, pleeease? :)
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline infinite135  
#2 Posted : 04 June 2010 06:16:13(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Wow, this was an amazing concert, I wish I'd actually been there. I can only hope that my band ends on such a high note! The Prisoners were a great band, and will surely be missed.
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline chopper1156  
#3 Posted : 04 June 2010 06:20:57(UTC)
chopper1156

Man

Finally a concert in London! I've never really listened to you guys very much but that concert blew me away!
It was Fucking Awesome!
-Chopper
Old Successes

The Rebels
Iron Hammer
Till Death Do Us Part

Now-Act Of God-New Wave of American Heavy Metal/Nu-Metal

Sounds like-Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Godsmack, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy.

Signed to-Monk on Fire Music

Jason Wilson
Connor McWilliams
Geo
Sebastian
Alex Walkman

Nominated for Best Band at the 21st IMAS/Birdies
Offline Raphaela  
#4 Posted : 04 June 2010 07:04:04(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Thanks a lot guys! It was a bit sad, but also great to us. I'm feeling like when I felt when my kid was born, very happy and sad at the same time.
Free drinks on the Dirty Bastard later!

-Fat Chance
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline chopper1156  
#5 Posted : 04 June 2010 08:04:23(UTC)
chopper1156

Man

Raphaela wrote:
Thanks a lot guys! It was a bit sad, but also great to us. I'm feeling like when I felt when my kid was born, very happy and sad at the same time.
Free drinks on the Dirty Bastard later!

-Fat Chance

Hell ya!
-Jason
Old Successes

The Rebels
Iron Hammer
Till Death Do Us Part

Now-Act Of God-New Wave of American Heavy Metal/Nu-Metal

Sounds like-Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Godsmack, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy.

Signed to-Monk on Fire Music

Jason Wilson
Connor McWilliams
Geo
Sebastian
Alex Walkman

Nominated for Best Band at the 21st IMAS/Birdies