logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bdylan88  
#1 Posted : 05 June 2010 11:31:37(UTC)
bdylan88

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
THE BARDS IN THE FIELD OF TOMORROW is a very heavily influenced pink floyd album. It is super psychedelic and features such heavy and amazing musical arrangements that come straight from the deepest ocean, from the farthest reaches of space and from the inner eye of creativity.

The Bards have reached #2 in the world with their new album!!! "This just means that The Bards aren't done. This is a whole new side to the The Bards." -J.R Rhythm

UserPostedImage

From Left To Right: Drummer T.Tome, Guitarist J.R Rhythm, Bassist, Moe Z, Keyboards/Synth Jax

THE BARDS!

UserPostedImage

The legends of rock and roll, THE BARDS, have announced that they will return with a NEW ALBUM and WORLD TOUR, during a press conference in Paris France. But of course they where rittiled with the question of "WHO WILL FRONT THE BARDS?!" A job that might as well be cursed if you believe in that thing. (so far all three lead singers have died) "We are currently scouring mother earth for a lead singer. We have some very promising talent, we shall be decided very soon." Say lead guitarist J.R Rhythm.

It has been over a year since we have heard or seen The Bards and some critics say that they went out with a bang. But drummer T.Tome says, "we aren't here to make a statement or sell the most records. Matter of fact we are going to self produce this album. We just want to make music.". But no matter what critics and fans say, The Bards will continue to be judged, loved or hated by those who hold them so dearly.

Stay tuned for updates on new ALBUM, LEAD SINGER, and WORLD TOUR!

Edited by user 14 June 2010 08:49:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline bdylan88  
#2 Posted : 07 June 2010 02:04:19(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

The Bards have announced that they will go forth without a "official lead singer' instead JR. Rhythm will share vocals with T.Tome, both who fronted The Bards back in the garage days.
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#3 Posted : 07 June 2010 14:37:42(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

The Bards In The Fields Of Tomorrow

A moody, rock opera that has an essence of Moody Blues and Pink Floyd.

Edited by user 07 June 2010 14:38:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 08 June 2010 13:34:11(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
erich:usually,this is just the sort of thing i try to avoid.but i gotta say the bards do it well.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline bdylan88  
#5 Posted : 08 June 2010 15:36:03(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

erich hess wrote:
erich:usually,this is just the sort of thing i try to avoid.but i gotta say the bards do it well.

thank you very much! We know that we can't reach the fan base without Marc Rolan on the vocals so we decided to do something that Marc thought of years ago. Which in the end is this album. Thank you for the support!

-The Bards
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#6 Posted : 08 June 2010 16:28:03(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

The Bards have begun to release what they say will be a massive volume of more then 10 lp's of Live music from the early years. They say the have equally as much later day years as well!

ELECTRIC LOVE HORSE LIVE Vol. 1 OUT NOW
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#7 Posted : 09 June 2010 15:12:56(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

The Bards comeback album is a MAJOR HIT!!!! Smashes to #2 in the world!!!!

UK 35,262 35,262 2

USA 35,255 35,255 1 1

Canada 34,391 34,391 5

Aus & NZ 35,103 35,103 2

South America 35,412 35,412 1

Asia 34,499 34,499 4 4

Europe 35,305 35,305 2

World 245,227 245,227 2
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#8 Posted : 10 June 2010 03:20:01(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Fresh off their comeback album The Bard have announced that ...Fields Of Tomorrow... will have a sister album with the same feel and vibe as Fields Of Tomorrow.

They are also preparing Vol.2 of their live anthology.

Edited by user 10 June 2010 03:23:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline Moquel  
#9 Posted : 10 June 2010 03:26:03(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Congratz on the sucess dear."
- Holly ZOna
UserPostedImage
Offline bdylan88  
#10 Posted : 10 June 2010 16:36:36(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Moquel wrote:
" Congratz on the sucess dear."
- Holly ZOna

Thank you Holly for your support!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline Android  
#11 Posted : 10 June 2010 18:54:02(UTC)
Android

I love Pink Floyd and your band name! Did you know "a bard" is a folky singer-songwriter type of musicians in Russia?
The Worst we are.
link

* Miles Mile Corrhow (guitar)
me>* Andy The End Orwell (vox)
* Chuck Gaz Woolley (bass)
* Craig Gunner Forlhow (drums)
* Martha Dear Penny (guitar)
Offline infinite135  
#12 Posted : 11 June 2010 03:14:51(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Hmm.... a psychodelic album by the Bards. This is exactly the kind of stuff that I love! I'm glad to see you guys are moving past your problems with finding a singer.
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline bdylan88  
#13 Posted : 11 June 2010 03:23:54(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

infinite135 wrote:
Hmm.... a psychodelic album by the Bards. This is exactly the kind of stuff that I love! I'm glad to see you guys are moving past your problems with finding a singer.
-Eric Quillington

Thank you! We decided that we can never replace Marc Rolan so we decided to keep the vocals within our band. This psychodelic sound is really doing us some good! We have unearthed some great songs. Thank you again!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline infinite135  
#14 Posted : 11 June 2010 03:27:31(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
bdylan88 wrote:
infinite135 wrote:
-Eric Quillington

Thank you! We decided that we can never replace Marc Rolan so we decided to keep the vocals within our band. This psychodelic sound is really doing us some good! We have unearthed some great songs. Thank you again!

Yeah, I completely understand, nobody could ever replace Marc Rolan. I know you get this all the time, but he was an influence on my vocals, and my band wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for him. I love everything your band does, so I'm glad you guys decided to continue making albums!
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 11 June 2010 04:15:10(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
Max: You know I love you guys and that your the inspiration behind the 4th Street Band but I have a problem. I'm sure you will want me to be honest about the album and so I will be honest. It dissapointed me, there are a good couple of tracks and obviously people think it's a great album it was number 1 of course but to me as a fan of the Bards it isn't an album I enjoyed, I think the best thing to do with the band was either A) make an album with guest lead singers on each song or B) release the album under a different band name.
The reason for B) was because without disrespecting you all, to me the legacy of the band could be in danger, As I say I love you all and I'll continue to buy everything you release because it is all good but as an album by The Bards it doesn't live up to the history of the band.
I don't mean to put a downer on things because your legends and what place do I have to make an opinion right? but as a fan I was dissapointed.
Your still hero's of mine though, keep on rocking.
Offline bdylan88  
#16 Posted : 11 June 2010 13:34:35(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
Max: You know I love you guys and that your the inspiration behind the 4th Street Band but I have a problem. I'm sure you will want me to be honest about the album and so I will be honest. It dissapointed me, there are a good couple of tracks and obviously people think it's a great album it was number 1 of course but to me as a fan of the Bards it isn't an album I enjoyed, I think the best thing to do with the band was either A) make an album with guest lead singers on each song or B) release the album under a different band name.
The reason for B) was because without disrespecting you all, to me the legacy of the band could be in danger, As I say I love you all and I'll continue to buy everything you release because it is all good but as an album by The Bards it doesn't live up to the history of the band.
I don't mean to put a downer on things because your legends and what place do I have to make an opinion right? but as a fan I was dissapointed.
Your still hero's of mine though, keep on rocking.

Now this is great constructive criticism! Thank you for your honesty! We actually debated changing our band name for this album. We thought of calling ourselves The Bards Of Today or something that kept the same vibe but in the end we decided that The Bards will be The Bards in the end. Also we felt that finding another lead singer at the time was going to be a long and bother some task. So we just wanted to keep the music within the original band. That way are fans felt a comfort zone. But please, we aren't legends. We are just lucky.

We are very happy that the 4th street band thinks so kindly of us. Because out of all the bands out their. 4th street have pure talent and a sound that matches. Thank you ten fold!

-The Bards
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#17 Posted : 12 June 2010 02:44:37(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

"Our newest album which we are currently writing, will be a massive epic piece that will play with time, fantasy, space, and all things surreal. We have delved deep into our minds and souls and have withdrawn some very interesting arrangements and lyrics." Says J.R Rhythm.

[b]Inside Scope

A song they wrote for the new album runs over 20 minutes long!

All songs are over 10 minutes!

The album will feature a free concert ticket.

I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline bdylan88  
#18 Posted : 14 June 2010 08:53:39(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

The Bards have released a new single entitled The Light Vs The Dark. The single spans over 43 minutes long and features the new song, The Light VS The Dark.

The untitled album that is on the way is said to span over 1 hour and 45 minutes!

"We wanted to do something epic and so we did. Our upcoming album will expand the mind." J.R Rhythm
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline Taylr  
#19 Posted : 14 June 2010 08:56:38(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Taylor: I don't see the point in having a 43 minute song, you're not gonna be able to perform it live, so really, I wouldn't bother.
Offline bdylan88  
#20 Posted : 14 June 2010 09:03:59(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Taylr wrote:
Taylor: I don't see the point in having a 43 minute song, you're not gonna be able to perform it live, so really, I wouldn't bother.

the song isn't 43 minutes. The entire single is.
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant