logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline HellRaider  
#1 Posted : 11 June 2010 02:57:18(UTC)
HellRaider

Groups: Registered
Man

And once again Transferium Project triumphantly return from the studio, where they have been recording their latest opus, set to be titled On A Road To Nowhere. Metal Hammer UK spoke with Giorgio (Vocals), Freddy (Guitars) and Pauli (Bass/Vocals) while the band is touring the The Waiting Room.

MHUK:How would you describe the music of your new album?
Vocalist Giorgio Galfore: Out of Nothing, our previous record opened our eyes to the possibilities we have with our music. On that one, we deliberately chose to scale our arrangements down. We went again all-out with the new record, but I think we finally found a good balance between symphonic and melodic death metal. On No Prayers Left and The Necro Codex trilogy we sounds like Rhapsody meets Dream Theater meets Colony-era In Flames meets Cynic. Now we sound like 6 guys who met each other in a pub and decided to ignore all musical boundaries.
Bassist Pauli Schwartz: Which we are, except we didn't meet in a pub.
Guitarist Freddy Carlsson: We have pulled all registers with this one, there is prog, symphonic stuff, blastbeats, black metal shrieks, ambient en even a little bit of jazz.

MHUK:You chose for cover similar to our previous one, why is that?
GG: I felt that OaRtN and OoN are similar, yet very different. On Oon we showed our more melodic side, with less orchestra and more electronics, while on OaRtN we show our frantic, symphonic, progressive style more. The albums are not related in a way deeper than that, they are no concept albums, and there are no musical references whatsoever.
PS: I agreed with Giorgio as soon as he told me that idea, so I went searching for an artist who could make us a nother picture with a road on it. The cover of OoN is colored, and it gives a more positive atmosphere. OaRtN's cover is dark, gothic and depressing.
GG: That was more fitting, because this is a really personal album, concerning the lyrics. I really put my frustrations, anger, hate and love on those lyrics, not like the lyrics on OoN, who are more from a observing perspective.

MHUK: Where did the album title come from?
FC: Both albums have a picture of a road, and both those roads end in nothing. It comes from the fact that although both those albums show a different side of TP, neither of them shows the style of our next album.
GG: Which I strongly feel will be a concept album.

To be continued....

Preview: UserPostedImage
Transferium Project: Symphonic progressive melodic death metal
Carnage: Brutal old-school death metal
Ancient Legend: Progressive power/shred metal