logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline six-T-nine  
#1 Posted : 11 June 2010 08:45:19(UTC)
six-T-nine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Chimera have tweeted, confirming they have officially touched down in spain, they are currently on a coach to their hotel, however, their drummer Luke Jelt has been confirmed as dead, he was found at 3 A.M by his girlfriend in his home in Cyncoed, Cardiff.

The band just 4 days ago finished their Capital Commotion tour, the smallest tour they've done since 2007.
Luke Jelt, under a week ago, told fans and the band
'This last year has been abit rough, however we're back now doing what we love, this has been the time of my life, something I do NOT want to end.. ever'

However, less than 24 hours ago emergency services recived a call, asking for an ambulance when Lukes girlfriend Stephanie called them claiming he as not responding, however, they broke the news to her 6AM this morning, that he had died about an hour before she called them

'I just got up to get a drink, I couldn't get any sleep I just wanted to spend time with him because of the tour, unfortunatly I've had to stay home for work, everything was normal, we went to the cinema up by Pontypridd, because there's not alot of attention from fans up there it gives us quality time together, on the way home we stopped to buy a few DVD's that we wanted too see when they were in the cinema but didn't, we went home, ordered a pizza, and relaxed at home watching through them, everything was fine, we went to bed about 10pm so Luke could get his sleep before getting everything together before he left today'

Replacing Luke on the upcoming gigs untill their Aftermath 4 festival slot will be Mike Crooke, the bands drum tech, fortunatly he jammed with Chimera when Luke was ill last September.

Forensic scientists are going to be examening the body, they think his illness from last september was related too the death. more information will be available soon

Chimera released this statement about 3 hours before their flight took off.

'This is seriously unbelieveable, Luke was family to everyone, he was the person who helped us with everything personally & band related, I've [Dan Severge, Vocals] known him since I was 9, so its like I've lost a part of my life, however as they say the show must go on, we couldn't cancell on Europe now, it's been over 2 years, they atleast deserve us to show up, we're gonna be partying it up still, but dont expect the greatest of moods from anyone, I will not lie, this could effect the future of the band. we'll eventually have to find a replacement for Luke, maybe another direction with the band, Luke never did like staying at the same thing, so we'll do it for him, all the tour dates after Aftermath, we're not officially cancelling JUST YET, however, dont think they're definatly going to happen, you'll all get refunds obviously, if the dates are cut'

ALOT more information will be confirmed soon
Chimera will tour untill the Aftermath 4 Festival, other dates are still to be confirmed to go ahead, check back soon for information

UserPostedImage
Luke Jelt live just 7 days ago.

Edited by user 11 June 2010 08:50:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heartless
5-piece Welsh melodic hardcore band.
Signed to Halcyon Days Records
Debut album Little Liars released Autumn 2011

Dan Serverge
Solo artist & producer
Unsigned
Debut solo album Enemies coming soon.

Aftermath Festival
Twice-yearly festival, outdoor & indoor
Offline MATTT  
#2 Posted : 11 June 2010 13:00:25(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
What the hell is up with all the fucken musicaians dieing all of a sudden

-Mike(The Walls)
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline six-T-nine  
#3 Posted : 11 June 2010 22:31:17(UTC)
six-T-nine

MATTT wrote:
What the hell is up with all the fucken musicaians dieing all of a sudden

-Mike(The Walls)

We really don't know, but we're in Europe we go on stage in about 5 hours, nothing feels right here without him

-Dan
Heartless

Dan Serverge
Solo artist & producer
Unsigned

Aftermath Festival
Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 11 June 2010 23:03:21(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Another good one gone! So sad to hear that Luke will be joining Scott in that big gig in the sky!

-Ryan Lee
ex Blood of Wecz
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#5 Posted : 12 June 2010 05:15:24(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: What? This is bullshit! This is yet another sad loss for the music industry. Luke was a brilliant musician and great guy. He will be sorely missed by all of us from Mind.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#6 Posted : 12 June 2010 06:04:14(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Recently, it seems like being in the music industry is just a death sentence for everyone... we're really gonna miss you, Luke, you were a big inspiration on all of us.
-Greg Oldson
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 12 June 2010 06:51:56(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
OOC : It's very rare that you have just one death at a time on here. People all die at the same time. I really don't know why.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline six-T-nine  
#8 Posted : 12 June 2010 09:27:04(UTC)
six-T-nine

Thanks for all the comments, they're all being seen by Lukes Family & friends, us & his girfriend.

Tonight wasn't the same, but the show must somehow go on.
when we have more information, we will let you know

we will be releasing Lukes favourite song off the album as a single 'Mr.Dark' - it's a song about loosing your way, and this i sosmething we're going through right now, it was written by luke, and me and him worked on it to change a few things. so in memory of Luke, it will be released just before his funeral.

more information will be released when we got it, Lukes loss is one of the most devastating things I've ever got news of.

Thanks for all the suport
we will be taking a long break at the end of this tour, we'll be back for winter we hope.

-Dan/Chimera
Heartless

Dan Serverge
Solo artist & producer
Unsigned

Aftermath Festival
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 12 June 2010 15:28:20(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
erich:never met the man,but surely deserved a better fate than this.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.