logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Satellite  
#1 Posted : 13 June 2010 03:23:45(UTC)
Satellite

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage

Jack Wright is an American singer-songwriter-guitarist whom is best known as Lead Singer of up-and-coming Seattle based Grunge band Satellite. He was born and bred in Seattle where he went to various Grunge and Punk shows, before finally forming his own band in May 2008. He and his band are currently playing local shows and I caught up with him before a show at The Crocodile Cafe.

Interviewer: So Jack, how are things going for you?
Jack: Things have been going really good for me at the moment. I've been having alot of fun playing local shows with Eric and Liam and we're thinking about heading into the studio soon to record our debut album. And then we're hopefully go on a tour to get out of Seattle.

Interviewer: That's good to hear. Now, are you currently signed to a label or are you looking for one?
Jack: No we're not on a label and the moment, and I wouldn't really say that we're looking for a label because we aren't really searching for one, but if we were given the chance to be signed up, of course we would take it.

Interviewer: So, Satellite is only a new band. How would you describe your sound to people who have never heard you before?
Jack: Well, growing up my favourite bands were Alice in Chains and Soundgarden, and that really shows in all our music, because it's really grungey but it's also alot heavier.

Interviewr: When can we expect to see your debut album released?
Jack: Well, we're already writing for this, so the cycle has begun. But i'm not sure how long it will be before we get into the studio, but I think I heard our manager, James Wolfe, talking about possibly going into the studio by mid to late July so I guess a realistic date for the album to be released would be late this year to early next year.

Interviewer: Okay, and what can we expect of the album?
Jack: So far the songs that we've been writing have been mainly really heavy and fast. But there is also a few of fairly slow paced ones. And we'll probably do some covers aswell but if they don't make it onto the record they'll probably just be used as B-Sides.

Interviewer: Would you be willing to collaborate on the debut album?
Jack: Like the record label question, we won't be looking for collaborators but if someone put's their hand up and we think that the outcome would be good, of course we will.

Interviewer: Okay, thanks for your time. Good luck with the performance.
Jack: Thanks.

Edited by user 13 June 2010 13:09:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Satellite - (Grunge/Alternative Rock) NOT YET SIGNED
Jack Wright - Lead Vocals/Guitar
Liam Kempton - Bass
Eric Nash - Drums
Offline ALX  
#2 Posted : 13 June 2010 04:09:51(UTC)
ALX

Man

Ryan: Got high hopes for you, we love AIC and Soundgarden too. We should jam sometime.
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline infinite135  
#3 Posted : 13 June 2010 04:10:25(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Satellite sounds really promising! I've always been a HUGE fan of grunge, so I'll definetely be paying close attention to your band!
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King