logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<6789>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Synxhard  
#141 Posted : 03 June 2010 12:27:54(UTC)
Synxhard

Groups:: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason: Thanks man, we really appreciate it a lot. We love a bit of Junkhead too!

OOC: Thanks dude :D I'm glad you like the lyrics, because they've always been my weak point. I've bee n trying to RP slightly better receently and I hope it pays off. I must say, a lot of inspiration for these sort of RPs is the way you RP your songs.

OOC: Well, somethings definitely working, cause that was pretty damn great. I think it's cool, I actually thought I could hear the song in my head. Weird? Maybe, but pretty killer too. Damn, now the pressure's on man, although I actually am thinking of making a slight adaption on my rp style, you'll see in a bit.
Offline Laurelles1  
#142 Posted : 04 June 2010 08:10:52(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: Can't wiat to see it man. Your RPs are a pleasure to read. For some reason, I've had a real itch to write song lyrics recently...
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#143 Posted : 04 June 2010 08:12:54(UTC)
genocidal king

You have been a member since:: 21/07/2009(UTC)
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Do you know something friend...if you were to straighten that hair, you would be but a horned helmet and some war paint from being a good match for our drummer. I have given your CD a listen, and this new song is very good. I feel your lyrics working as I hear them, and I feel that you channel your energy in a very viking, spiritual manner.

-Mikko
VirbelluM
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#144 Posted : 04 June 2010 08:15:51(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: I should give that a go one day... Always wanted to be a viking. I think I'm part Finnish, like, from like generations back. We have always considered folk metal a huge influence on our music; especially of the Scandanavian variety. Thank you very much, we're glad you like it! Hope to hear some more stuff from you soon.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#145 Posted : 04 June 2010 08:17:20(UTC)
genocidal king

You have been a member since:: 21/07/2009(UTC)
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
I am sure you will my friend. Our first album will tell more tales of the saga that our debut album is drawn from. It will be an epic piece of mastery, of that I am confident!

-Mikko
VirbelluM
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#146 Posted : 05 June 2010 04:01:17(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

We've got a lot in store for you. We've mastered a few songs with Jason as producer. We are looking for a proper producer to do our dirty work though, so we can focus more on the songwriting and performing aspect, rather than worrying whether this is layered too much, whether you can hear the bass etc. We will give you the cover art for now (THIS IS A DRAFT) with a draft of our title (THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL TITLE, NOR IS IT THE ART. I LIKE TYPING IN CAPS LOCK. IT MAKES ME FEEL CLEVER.)

UserPostedImage
(OOC: Ignore the white boxes arounf the text. No idea why that happened.)
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#147 Posted : 05 June 2010 09:26:44(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I'm looking forward to this new album! You're one of the best metal bands around, we've been longtime fans of yours. The album cover is particularly badass, if I do say so myself.
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#148 Posted : 05 June 2010 21:47:59(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Thanks man! We truly aprecciate these comments, guys. Infinite are a great band, I wish you the very best.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#149 Posted : 07 June 2010 01:39:17(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Okay, we think we've almost got a track listing complete (OOC: Sorry for constantly releasing albums, I get excited.) for our next album, which is probably going to be valled Shattered Fairytale. This is not confirmed we have multiple other names for it, such as Sands of Time or Halberdier. In this album, as well as the normal futuristic feel, we'll be having more history-orientated songs as well as space-age ones. It will be HUGE.

Songs in bold are confirmed. I repeat, this is not all certain and set in stone at the moment.

1. The Stranger
2. Paralysis
3. Solar Ghost
4. Clarity through Distrust
5. Necropolis
6. Bludgeoned into Submission (Her Silent Curse I)
7. Dandelions
8. The Death Chant
9. Alice of Antioch
10. Human?
11. The Starlit Battlefield (Her Silent Curse II)
12. Paladin of the Shattered Fairytale
13. Styx Overture/ Symphony of the Underworld

+ Bonus Tracks on a seperate disc. We have many more basic demos that may go onto this album if we feel they should. If they don't make the album, we will release them under a seperate bonus disc. We won't give you many more clues, but these tracks are the best we've ever done. They're the biggest and the most diverse set of songs we've done in a while.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#150 Posted : 07 June 2010 01:59:26(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Might say, this album should be one heck of a ride. By just reading the titles of the songs, I get shivers down my spine and want the album to be finished so I can get my hands on them. You guys have clearly evolved into more serious music through every album and I also want that direction for my band..
-JC Anderson
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#151 Posted : 07 June 2010 03:22:14(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Thanks very much man. You helped to write Solar Ghost in the Road to Joy, so I thank you for that a huge amount. It doesn't matter which direction Reckoner go in, they will continue to be awesome, I'm absolutely sure.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#152 Posted : 11 June 2010 02:20:04(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Ya know what I fancy? Another sneak preview of a song.

...However. Since we've already showed you enough music, we're gonna just post the lyrics for now. Eeeeenjoy!

This is for a little ditty called Paralysis. It will be our constant "speed metal song after the intro" that we do all the time.

Shake yourself free of this sin, my love,
Cleanse your hands of this blood,
You’re no murderer; it’s another day in the life,
Of vilified angels, blood crimson mud

Erase the pain with the flick of this knife,
A whore in your hands, bleeding black,
Sick from the lies and torment,
An evil grin spread across the banshees face

Her long hair disguises the shadowed face,
The ivory pale figure, yet burning black,
Through the embers of the unforgiving,
The drained fire of the dead

*BRIDGE*
If love is such as strong word,
A song for the heart you say?
Decipher the blood,
And fuck it with the world!
*BRIDGE*

Fuck you and this world!

OOC: Not very good I know. Meh. I tried a bit harder, this time.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#153 Posted : 12 June 2010 05:03:43(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

You guys ready for a single? Well, tough. *Sigh* I suppose we can show you the cover, track listing and all that shite. A few previous posts back we gave you a preview of Bludgeoned into Submission, a song that will be on our next album (which is, as of yet, probably going to be called Shattered Fairytale). We also said that it'll probably be a single and we weren't lying. Here we go then.

Bludgeoned Into Submission Single

UserPostedImage

Track Listing:

1. Bludgeoned into Submission
2. Land of Sunshine (Faith no More cover)
3. Realm of the Alien Emporer (2007 Demo)
4. Bludgeoned into Submission (First Demo)

Oh yeah, bitch. We're defying the rules by releasing 4 tracks on a single instead of 3. Aren't we cool. This should keep you appetised for the time being. Due to be released on the 22nd June. Enjoy!
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline St. Metal  
#154 Posted : 12 June 2010 05:36:04(UTC)
St. Metal

Necromen: Oh, I'm Waiting for the Single!
EMPYREUS
Progressive / Melodic Extreme Metal

Signed With: Monk On Fire Music
Latest Release: "Iustum Necare Reges Impios" Single (#5 WW)
Offline Laurelles1  
#155 Posted : 21 June 2010 03:31:47(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

We have a very special sneak preview of the biggest song we've ever done. These are the raw materials which we're going to refine and perfect in studio. I hope you all like it... here it is. Okay. Seriously now.

Styx Overture/ Symphony of the Underworld

Styx Overture begins with an orchestral build up of wind and brass instruments slowly. It gradually gets quieter as it progresses, although it is still fairly large. After the build up, a lone violin comes in playing a reprise of The Stranger. The percussion, wind and brass section join in at this. There is a drum roll for about 10 seconds and then it disperses into silence. This is the end of the Styx Overture. Out of that nothingness, comes a quiet acoustic guitar. It is playing a traditional English folk riff and it continues to do this for a while. After about 2 minutes, a Theremin joins in with them, playing eerie, spacey music over the top. Sitars are also present again now, playing the same riff as the acoustic. The only vocals in the whole of the piece are quietly sung cleanly here, with Jason almost breathing the lyrics out slowly. Gradually, the riff gets slightly more upbeat, and all the other instruments disappear. The acoustic riff gets faster and faster, until it reaches a breaking point. Then, suddenly, a huge flurry of drumming and a solitary power chord from Jason’s guitar comes flying in. Then Aaron, who was on the acoustic, plays the riff, except on his electric. This carries on, with dual guitar solos erupting in random places everywhere, and occasionally drumming ones. After a few minutes, all the instruments drop out, apart from the bass, which plays a technical solo for half a minute. Once again, all the instruments drop back in, except this time; they’re joined once again by the orchestral instruments playing a grand backdrop to this piece. It then goes more solemn and downbeat again as it all goes quiet and Aaron returns to his acoustic. Instead of the normal riff, he plays a completely different riff, fast paced, but mournful and melancholy. Then slowly, a little drum build up erupts into a doomy, loud, gargantuan riff with the two electrics back to dual guitar solos and a riff like thunder playing heavily. The violins are also still playing at this point. It then sinks back into the mournful riff on the electrics, with the drums sounding like they’re being played on a sheet of metal. Then, the riff picks up and Aaron goes into a huge guitar solo for around about a minute. The whole piece then unexpectedly all fades out, leaving a slow, emotional piano piece rounding it all up. The glockenspiel from The Stranger then makes another appearance, except the section’s played backwards this time, leaving a spooky aftertaste. The sound of church bells chiming ends the song. Slowly, in the background, you can hear the quiet voices of children playing and laughing, for a short period of about 10 seconds. This is taken from a childhood video of Jason, which has been re-mastered. Then, silence. Nothing but silence.

Jason: “This song is naturally about death, as you can see. Loving the ones you hate, hating the ones you love. Love isn’t always such a joyous thing. In this song, the said paladin is in the underworld, back with his friends, loves and enemies who have died. This is our biggest piece yet, musically. It’s fucking huge. It’s like a proper orchestra we hired, except we played our pathetic instruments over this grandiose, magnificent thing. Probably the highlight of our career, this song. Fuck it, we’ll never get any better than this, so there’s no point in trying! It’ll give our critics a rest. The intro to it, Styx Overture, was written after the actual song. We thought it was so big, it needed a sort of intro, ya know?”

Lyrics:
You, you were,
The thorn in the side of my ego,
The crown of thorns on my head,
Yet I love you,
Love you for reasons I don’t quite know,
Reasons that don’t exist,
This symphony,
Is dead.

OOC: Comments please guys. I worked quite hard on this one, it's my biggest song RP yet.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#156 Posted : 21 June 2010 05:54:13(UTC)
Synxhard

Groups:: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Well, um, wow. If you'd asked me back when Free Your Mind (OOC: Having memory problems, it was Free Your Mind, right?) first debuted if these guys would have the ability to even conceive a symphony of sorts, much less pull it off brilliantly, I'd have told you there wasn't a chance in hell of it happening. But here we are today, Mind now not only masters of metal but of a style all their own, at their peak. Everyone has that one album, Pantera had A Vulgar Display Of Power, Slayer had Reign In Blood, Cannibal Corpse had Tomb Of The Mutilated, and i have a feeling this next album will be your guys' defining moment. The layering and musicality on this track is brilliant, displaying all of Mind's skills without turning it into a guitar jack-off contest. Words, can't describe how excited I am for what is to come from you guys.

-Luke Haley
Junkhead

OOC: Seriously brilliant rp, this is what we need more of around here. I think you're really progressing into becoming one of the if not the best rp'er from a music/song description standpoint. Cheers.

EDIT: OOC: I swear, if people don't comment, I'm giving up on this forum.

Edited by user 21 June 2010 05:55:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Laurelles1  
#157 Posted : 21 June 2010 06:02:21(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Well... thanks man! I don't know what else I can say. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as you do!

OOC: Thank you SOOO much for the feedback. Seriously, it's great to see work like this pay off. As I said, your style is what influenced me to write RPs like this, so thanks! If I didn't look at your RPs, my style would probably be the same as my early days, a.k.a shit. I would be another hindrance for RP. As I said, thanks a lot, man.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#158 Posted : 21 June 2010 06:05:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
Max: I'm not a metal fan particularly but I do genuinly look forward to hearing you guys perform.
Offline Laurelles1  
#159 Posted : 21 June 2010 06:09:04(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: I'm glad that we're attracting a new audience as well then! Mind are at the best form we've been in... well, for ever!
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#160 Posted : 21 June 2010 07:09:35(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Yeah, this is a seriously amazing song... if I haven't said it before, I've said it now, Mind are one of the best acts out there! If one song sounds this good, I cannot wait to find out what the entire album will be like. You guys have a style of your own, and I'm so glad to be in the music industry at the same time you are.
-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King