logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laurelles1  
#1 Posted : 22 June 2010 05:18:22(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: This is my first go at a "real" RP. Feel free to slate it.

Chapter One

March 15th, 2006

A figure stood in the doorway, just sitting there. A torn beanie covered his face, but his blonde locks of hair cascaded down it, and his goatee was clearly in view. A lone tear erupted from his eye, as his breathing started to get heavier and repetitive scowls burst from his mouth. Along with those scowls, came dripping saliva, mixed with blood. The person took off his beanie and threw it across the floor. He was no longer human, just a beast. A syringe lay on the floor, staring at him. He stared back, wishing that maybe staring would get rid of it, get rid of the memories that he wanted to forget. Instead, he just kept on twitching. Nothing was going to be the same again. But how he wished it could be. Another young man walked through the door, scarred and wielding a crowbar. He was a huge person, at least 7 foot. A tattoo shone on his sparkling bald head as he took a few steps closer to the figure in the doorway. The tall man snarled “I’m not finished with you yet, Harry. You thought that I was kidding?!” before hitting Harry in the stomach with the edge of the crowbar. “Man, stop it! Stop it!” Harry replied back weakly, barely managing to get a breath out of his body. “I only asked one thing of you, fucker. I asked that you wouldn’t rat me out, Harry.” The man spat, with venom in his eyes, “And you did. You deserve to die.” Before he could get another clean hit out of the crowbar, Harry kicked the man in the shin, causing him to flinch slightly. “Pfffft! You think that will stop me?” the man spoke back, before feeling a large knock on the head and collapsing on the floor, shaking the room. Behind the heap of the man that had been knocked on the floor stood Robert, Harry’s best friend and confidante. Ever since they met as children, they had a bond that would never be broken, not even to this day. Robert picked up the cricket bat that he whacked on the mans head, and put it on a shelf above the door. As he turned the light on in the dingy room, his face dropped. He saw Harry’s battered state and he saw the syringe on the floor, used. “Not again Harry...” Robert sighed, before reaching out a hand to Harry, which he grabbed. Now sobbing viciously, Harry replied “I can’t help it man... it’s just that...” he cried, before giving up and remaining silent. Harry stumbled out of the doorway and into the bedroom, where he collapsed into a heap on the bed. In reaching distance was his beloved bass guitar. He started playing a few basslines, before closing his eyes and falling asleep. Robert sat on the sofa in the living room, keeping half an eye that Harry wouldn’t do anything stupid whilst he could help it. Robert knew that they had to ge tout of here some way. Find a way to escape from this endless torrent of pain.

March 17th, 2006

Meanwhile, a young man had just packed his stuff in a car. Of course, for Jason, this was great. He loved exploring new places and moving constantly, unlike his parents, who wished that he would just stay settled one day and raise a family. But he was still young, so why bother? He turned on his CD player and set off on his journey to a new home in the centre of his native city, Cambridge. Despite what people said about the rough area, The Arbury, he was still convinced that it would be an exciting time for him. He went along the mostly quiet roads, and then came across something odd. “Oh fuck... forgot my guitar.” Of course, Jason not liking to forget things, went back as fast as possible and got his guitar. It was only then he noticed things were wrong. When he went back to the Arbury, a woman was stood outside a house, crying. A policeman was alongside trying to comfort her, but inevitably failing. A body was being carried out of the house, a huge one. It was at least 7 feet tall...
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2010 10:08:00(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
OOC: Really nice, man!
Can't wait for the rest :)
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline infinite135  
#3 Posted : 22 June 2010 10:22:04(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
This is pretty good for a first RP. I look forward to seeing how it'll continue. :)
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 22 June 2010 11:35:59(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Noice man! Great intro, cant wait to read more!
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#5 Posted : 23 June 2010 02:28:10(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

OOC: Thanks guys :) I'll probably have the next part up by the end of today.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2010 03:40:13(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Chapter Two – Human?

March 21st, 2006

Harry woke up content. He’d stayed clean for over a day, so he was on the mend, so he thought. He literally fell out of bed onto the floor, laying there for a second until he decided he was hungry. He checked his alarm, and then he remembered that he’d forgotten to set it to the right time. He presumed it was near noon. He grabbed onto the window ledge to hoist himself up from the bedroom floor and looked across the street of the Arbury. Of course, he had to escape from a customer’s house quickly a few days ago, to narrowly avoid prison for life, but it seemed it’d been forgotten about by the police. Instead of worrying about the murder, they were more interested in the amount and variety of hardcore drugs in his backpack. They’d just presumed he’d fell from his stairs and knocked himself dead. Across the street he saw a olive-skinned man, well young man, bringing a variety of things into a house. Of these, he saw multiple things. Small things, big things, and most importantly, a range of guitars. The person turned around and Harry saw what he initially dismissed as a music nerd, fit with glasses and an ill-fitting beanie. Nevertheless, Harry was intrigued by the presence of this newcomer. “A new customer, maybe.” He chuckled, before remembering a few nights before and shuddering. “Oi, Harry!” a voice called from within the depths of the living room, “What’re you staring at?”. The voice was Roberts. Harry was relieved by this, he couldn’t do with another angry customer on his case. Robert walked up to the window and saw immediately what Harry was looking at. “No fucking way. You don’t need another custo-“Robert proceeded to say, but was stopped by an upright palm from Harry, making his shut up. “Fancy a jam, Rob?”

Jason looked across at these two shabby strangers wandering across the road. Jason was not used to rough-looking people, since he was brought up in a lovely, posh area of the city. He looked at them, in an almost trance like state, before walking away from the window and into a seat. A knock erupted viciously from the door, as Jason got back up from his seat, with a disgruntled sigh. He opened the door and saw them there, one of them with a bass guitar and one of them with a huge bag full of bits and pieces, by the looks of it. The one with the bass said bouncily “’Sup I’m Harry. I live across the street, just wanted to say hello. This is Rob.” He said, pointing towards the young man struggling to lift the weights. Jason look at them for a second and then said “Nice to meet you. My names Jason, come in...”, with a tone of reluctance in his voice. Thinking that they would refuse this, he was preparing to shut the door, but they proceeded to walk straight into the house and unpack their stuff. “Uhhh... sorry, what are you doing?” Jason asked with a forced politeness. “We saw you with your guitar and wondered if you fancied a jam?” Harry said back, acting surprised at Jason’s suspiciousness. As Jason heard this, a smile spread across his face, and he got his favourite guitar, a beautiful Bastard V. As he got this, he heard Harry and Robert practicing. Obviously impressed, he said to himself “Damn. These guys have got skill.”
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#7 Posted : 23 June 2010 04:02:54(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: Nice stuff again man! Intriguing. Ony thing I'd say is try to use shorter paragraphs. Other than that it's brilliant.
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#8 Posted : 23 June 2010 04:51:57(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

OOC: Thanks dude. I'll try to use shorter paragraphs next time, it's just that I find it hard to, like, split scenes if you know what I mean.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage