logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Nimrods  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2010 07:59:01(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I:OK let's go straight into this up close and personal interview with Jimmy Him of metal titans, The Nimrods. Let's get some personal details, what is your real name?

J:My name is James David Hetestein.

I:What's your family like?

J:Well, my dad Johannes who changed his name to John is Polish, his family moved to Helsinki,Finland during the early stages of The Holocaust because his mom was pregnant with my aunt and they knew things were about to happen. My mom who changed her name to Mary was born and raised in Helsinki.

I:So your father is Jewish?

J:Technically yes. However, when his family moved to Helsinki they wanted to stay more anonymous and didn't ever really go to temple, so he's a non-practicing Jew I guess. My mom is Catholic but I never had to go to church because she wanted me to chose on my own, she prays for my safety everyday.

I:So is religion a big part of your life then?

J:Inadvertently yes, but I'm an atheist personally. My dad doesn't care and Mom gave up caring. I like to write about it, usually negatively though. I don't care if people follow religion or don't but to me it sort of prevents true open-mindedness, but let the blind lead the blind I guess.

I:Strong words, do you have any siblings?

J:I have a brother 10 years my senior named Alexander, we call him Allu.

I:Do you have a good relationship with him?

J:Yeah totally, I mean we fight but less than most siblings. We watch soccer,snowboard, and smoke pot together so I'd say we get along pretty well.

I:You mentioned pot, how have drugs effected your life?

J:When I was younger I'd put whatever I could find inside my body. My rebellious years which were I guess 15-18; I would just use or sell whatever I could find. When The Nimrods started to build a decent following when I was 20 (I'm 25 now) I started seriously using cocaine and meth. they kept me awake and when I mixed them with weed I wasn't as jittery but I could play those late shows. After the first few major tours I needed something to come down a bit, to raise my dopamine levels after using them all up. So I started doing anti-depressants. Once I got everything back in order I was just exhausted so I started shooting heroin.That's what stuck with me the longest, I still use daily. Weed and heroin pretty much take up my day besides music. I don't really feel shame in indulging anymore, if I die I die, I don't care.

I:You sound pretty on edge, no regard for self preservation I assume?

J:You're right. I'm almost afraid of living past around 35.I'd like to maintain my youth I guess, when I get my first gray I'm OD'ing on purpose or shooting myself.To me my band represents that young fire, the passion of a kid in their first band who are just excited to jam. But by the time I'm in my mid thirties or so, that rush will be gone, like using heroin for a few months.Davey will probably live longer but not by much, he's into the sex,I'm the drugs, and Kit's the rock and roll. Kit will probably live the longest, being a producer or session drummer, holding clinics, becoming an alcoholic, that sort of stuff. Me though, I'm gonna be gone before you know it.

I:Are you un-happy with life?

J:No, this may confuse you but I'm un-happy with the fact that I'll be un-happy in life one day.

I:So you're completely ready to just give up?

J:Not yet, I've got 5-10 years in me, I still enjoying writing and playing live so there will be a little more time before I pull the plug on life.

I:What's one thing you'd want to be remembered by?

J:I want to make one completely amazing record, something everyone likes that just impacts the whole world. A giant album like Sgt.Pepper's or Nevermind or Thriller. Once that's done I'll be happy to die.

I:What do you think of your critics?

J:Honestly I've stopped caring about what people think a lot of people just state their mind and to me that's really cool like Kamikaze Kate, she's young which might be a part of it, but she just doesn't give a fuck and that's awesome. Not that I like her or want to kiss up but that's pretty cool, reminds me of the punk chicks I grew up with.

I:What was life like growing up?

J:I loved Berkeley. I liked the scenery, all the hippies and the punks, it's a very misfit town. I made decent school grades but I skipped a lot to smoke and play guitar with Davey, occasionally fucking, whatever haha.

I:You're a completely out and dare I say it rather promiscuous bisexual, when did it occur to you that you were?

J:Well to be honest, at first it was a David Bowie sort of thing, I just wanted to get attention and piss off my parents who were pretty conservative back in the day. GLBT culture is getting more accepted nowadays and I guess my rebellion led to self discovery. I've never had a relationship with a man unless you consider Davey my boyfriend which we don't, if we are it's a VERY open relationship haha.

I:Have you ever had a really long-lasting relationship?

J:Besides being married? A few, though not many , I'd rather not mention. It's a bit of a struggle to me, I'm hard to chain down I guess but when I meet the right girl I'll be sure to tell Davey who will then notify everyone.

I:How is your son?

J:Actually he passed away from complications from surgery. I'm rather distressed by it.

I:Would you have another kid if you could?

J:I don't know, maybe but I don't plan on living much longer and I wouldn't want to take a parent away from a child. Maybe if I have one spontaneously I'll stay around for the ride, but who knows.

I:That's it for part one of this interview, more later!

OOC:How was that, I found it pretty personal and I delved into my own personality a bit for it, comment or whatever.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 18 June 2010 13:43:01(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
ooc:very nice.

erich:i'm just not hardcore enough to shoot heroin.but i drop laudanum like a motherfucker.

karoliena:a little dab'll do ya!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 18 June 2010 23:37:41(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:

J:Actually he passed away from complications from surgery. I'm rather distressed by it.

OOC : No he didn't because it ruins some of the final plot for my characters if he did.

Edited by user 19 June 2010 02:31:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline The Nimrods  
#4 Posted : 19 June 2010 06:27:06(UTC)
The Nimrods

bikz wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

OOC : No he didn't because it ruins some of the final plot for my characters if he did.

OOC:You should've told me this earlier!
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 19 June 2010 07:34:17(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:

OOC : I roleplayed that he survived but that was a few weeks back, so meh, never mind. I thought she died and he didn't.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline The Nimrods  
#6 Posted : 19 June 2010 07:54:26(UTC)
The Nimrods

bikz wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

OOC : I roleplayed that he survived but that was a few weeks back, so meh, never mind. I thought she died and he didn't.

OOC:He didn't but seeing as you didn't further upon I planned on killing him, but it's ok, hes' alive

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline The Nimrods  
#7 Posted : 24 June 2010 11:05:43(UTC)
The Nimrods

Part 2

I:What have your influences been throughout the years?

J:Well when we were garage/grunge/punk whatever we were influenced by The Stooges,Nirvana,Hole,AFI,a ton of Black Flag,and Alice Cooper mainly performance wise. Now it's Opeth,Tool,Dream Theater,Death, Children of Bodom, Decapitated,necrophagist,Suffocation, lots of stuff.

I:You've been known for your dynamic stage performance, mainly in your earlier career, is it important to you?

J:Extremely, I wanna do a lot more singing without guitar just so I can prance around more, you know bring out that old persona. To be honest a lot was influenced by drugs but hey the fans loved it.

I:You've rolled on glass and cut yourself on stage, was that just for show or did you want to hurt yourself?

J:Well being hurt pumps up adrenaline so it was intentional, I wanted to look and act completely insane, just freak people out. It was fun, back then it was like a sexual thrill.

I:A fetish?

J:Not really I wasn't a masochist I don't enjoy pain much or like jizz my pants if I get hurt but at one point it was almost like that.

I:Is sex important to you?

J:That's a very odd question to ask. But yeah it is I guess, it definitely doesn't run my life but I'm a horndog naturally and usually act really obnoxious if I haven't had a decent fuck, luckily I have Davey and sex does run his life.

I:You and Davey seem pretty close.

J:Well yeah, my penis in his arse is pretty close don't ya think haha. No but I've known him since we were 4 years old ya know. I remember he only knew Swedish which I know too and so I was the only person talking to him. We smoked pot together, hell we've done ever drug together.

I:How many drugs have you done exactly?

J:Um, Weed,Hash,Coke,Crack,Heroin,Meth,Oxycontin,Adderall,Barbituates,Ecstacy,Shrooms,Acid,
Salvia,Heroin tar and china white, Percocet,Preludin,Dramamine, hell even nutmeg. Lots of shit dude lots of shit.

I:What do you do daily?

J:I'll go through my day. Line or two of speed to wake up,about 10 joints,heroin in mid day, a couple bong rips before bed,and another fix of heroin to help sleep as well.

I:Don't you ever get sick, I mean that's dangerous.

J:I used to, not anymore really, high tolerance. If I feel sick I smoke pot to cure nausea. That's actually one of the medicinal uses (OOC:True fact). When I was younger it was bad, I was so skinny from throwing up.

I:Have you ever been really injured?

J:I've broken lots of ribs and almost killed myself but besides that not, I sort of take care of myself haha.

I:If you died today what would your last phrase be?

J:Hmm that's tricky....I know! Being alive means life couldn't be better.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline PANIC!  
#8 Posted : 24 June 2010 11:27:56(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Better question for the interviewer to ask is, 'How the fuck are you still breathing?!'. I mean, shit who the hell could live like that!"

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#9 Posted : 24 June 2010 11:30:35(UTC)
The Nimrods

PANIC! wrote:
"Better question for the interviewer to ask is, 'How the fuck are you still breathing?!'. I mean, shit who the hell could live like that!"

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.

Jimmy:I ask myself the same question everyday, don't ask me because honestly I don't know.Ozzy Osbourne has the same problem.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline The Nimrods  
#10 Posted : 25 June 2010 06:27:14(UTC)
The Nimrods

Final Part

I:What's with the nudity?

J:Well it's such a taboo in America. But in Europe and when I'm at home it's not a big deal at all. In Finland there are men and women in the sauna together, butterball naked and no one cares, hell even kids. I mean serious most likely seeing another man naked if your a guy isn't much different than your own body except skin color an penis size so I really don't care. It's fun to bother people with it though but I don't do it for shock value. It's also summer and it's hot as hell out so I'll play naked as I please, I don't flash my junk on stage or anything.

I:Do you think you've struggled with drugs or is that something you've just decided to do?

J:At first I tried to stay sober, now I just don't care. I have money and I'm actually in decent shape so I'll do what I want, eventually I'll fatally OD or get arrested but a lot of California cops are crooked and I can pay them off.

I:Have you ever had a big run in with the law?

J:No actually! I've never been in that big of a fight? There have been a few scuffles with the law but I've never even spent a night in jail. Well actually, when I was 15 or so I got caught with a gram of pot and my dad made me stay the night in jail as punishment but that's about it.

I:How does touring differ from when you started?

J:I'm less tired. When we started I put so much into stage performance that we had to use speed to play the next show and what not. Now the show's less crazy and we can actually party after a good gig. Obviously the venues are bigger as well which gives me space to move and that's awesome.

I:Are you ever going to do a solo record?

J:I might actually that would be fun to just do a song in every different metal genre, that would be really cool.Kit would need to help me on drums though because I can't play them very well, he's such a monster.

I:What do you think of your musical capabilities?

J:I think I'm a good guitarist and singer. I can do a lot with both I think I'm better as a writer in general though. I think I'm good at leads but I could write better riffs, my rhythm chops are tight as yell but Jaska's definitely one of the best on rhythm and hell lead that I could think of. Davey;s really tight on rhythm as well, that's how he got good chops.

I:What about your bandmates?

J:Kit's a monster. There honestly isn't a genre he can't play, he's so fast it makes me nearly jizz my pants he's so insane.He's also a great arranger. He helps me with time signatures and what not, for a dumb guy he's pretty good with number so I rely on him for that. Everyone talks about Davey's bass skills, he sort of brought that back and I'm proud of him for it I mean I'm flawed, Kit probably could be better because Nick is definitely better than him as much as he hates to admit it, but Davey is perfect. He's got that groove and the skill as well. He's a good writer too whether lyrically or musically, he writes some pretty sick stuff, he likes to mix and match like he's playing dress up but musically.

I:What music in the scene do you enjoy?

J:I love The Lost but that's biased, Failed Youth is good and raw, it sucks that they left. I love The Black gates as well, technical and evil. I don't like too much music in the scene, I like older music but there's always a gem or two. Insolent Paradox is good too, Jose Lugo is a monster on bass.

I:You've made a name for yourself as a producer, how'd that come about?

J:I like producing, it was a hobby but I can make money off of it and that's great. I like putting my touch on things, making something all mine.

I:Any words for the fans?

J:Expect something new and brutal!

I:Thanks man, that's all!

OOC:Comment or whatever

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline The Nimrods  
#11 Posted : 25 June 2010 09:05:20(UTC)
The Nimrods

OOC:Comments please

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote: