logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline infinite135  
#1 Posted : 30 June 2010 08:32:12(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
12 years ago
He might’ve been nine-years-old, but Eric Quillington still loved spending every minute with his mom when she was home. She was always at work, and he was left to contend with his little brother almost every waking minute of his existence. Still, he thought, it was better than being on the streets. He’d seen them before; the homeless, the drug-addicted, the forsaken. He was young, and he never touched drugs. He never wanted to; they’d taken his father away.
He loved to impress his mom; it was one of his favorite past-times. People always called Eric a show-off, but this was the only thing he felt he could really do. His mom always asked if he wanted lessons, but he always declined. Eric was a show-off, and he was self-reliant; how could he impress others with his playing if somebody else taught him how to do it? After he finished playing, his mother said to him, “I really have no idea where you get your musical talent from… every time I mess around on that thing, I miss all the notes. You’re less than half my age, and look at what you can do; the first Quillington musician.” Eric smiled; he liked being noticed, he liked being unique.

June 10th, 2010
Cliché’s…. oh, how he hated them. Rock Stars and Supermodels. Skateboarders and long hair. Geniuses and physics. Rock Stars and drug abuse. Eric Quillington looked down at his shaking hands; it’d been 8 hours and 56 minutes since he last had a hit, and he couldn’t stop counting. Now that he thought about it, maybe it wasn’t such a hot idea to put yourself through heroin withdraw on the day of a Fuse interview. People around him were talking, but all he could hear was a buzz. He knew he had to force himself to pay attention; people all over the world were going to be seeing his sweating face in a few minutes. He slowly, painfully brought himself back to reality just in time for the interview to start.
“Hello, and welcome back!” She had a voice like nails scraping against a blackboard, but at least it helped Eric focus, “Joining us from the UK are Eric Quillington and Greg Oldson from the alternative band Infinite.” Time to take the piss, Eric thought. “Oh, hello…” He could hear Greg ranting on to her, and he relaxed slightly. This wouldn’t be too hard, the interviewer was slightly good looking, and Greg was a douche. It was the perfect combination… his drummer would do all the talking.
As the interview progressed, Eric found it easier to respond. It was only talking, after all… it doesn’t take much effort. The real problem would be the live show, even though he wouldn’t be playing guitar. His voice sounded rough, and he wondered how he was going to sing without people wondering about him. As he looked around, he really didn’t notice that many people seeming too concerned or nervous. Nobody was noticing him, nobody saw what kind of a wreck he was… he could make it through this.

OOC: This is my first serious attempt at an RP, so I hope it isn't horrible. I'm trying to go for a 5 part roleplay that contrasts Eric's past with his current life. The parts are going to be small and condensed, because I feel each part works best as a short story.

Edited by user 06 July 2010 14:22:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#2 Posted : 30 June 2010 08:39:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: Good job I'll be reading more!
Offline infinite135  
#3 Posted : 30 June 2010 13:19:33(UTC)
infinite135

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
OOC: Good job I'll be reading more!

OOC: Thank you! I've had this idea for a while, but it took a while to develop it, I wasn't sure what people would think of it... I'm glad you're enjoying it, though!
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 30 June 2010 20:17:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
OOC: It's a really good roleplay. I'll continue reading it.
Offline infinite135  
#5 Posted : 06 July 2010 13:53:23(UTC)
infinite135

Man

10 Years Ago

Eric Quillington stared at his bedroom ceiling, feeling slightly sorry for himself. Of course I deserve it, he bitterly thought. He failed 3 classes, and his mother grounded him for two weeks. It wasn't that he was bad at math, science, and reading... he just didn't find much point in it. His math teacher had a wart on her nose and talked in a monotone voice. His english teacher was probably from the 50s, and talked like it. And his science teacher... was actually pretty hot, he simply hated the subject. His younger brother had aced every class, and he couldn't be more pissed about it. It wasn't as though he was mad at his brother for excelling; Eric just felt hatred towards himself for being the only untalented member of his family.

June 9th, 2010

Eric Quillington entered the room to a reaction of cheers and applause. This was Infinite's party; but in reality, it was his party. The album Blue Nebula had been months, years, in the making, so it was more than a worthy cause to celebrate. Eric smiled and waved to his guests on the way to his seat. He never particularly enjoyed formal dinners, but he'd never resist having one thrown in his honor. This was even an occasion worthy enough to wear his formal suit to, even though it was purple. At least his tophat matched. His girlfriend, Eve Worlds, turned bright red at the sight of him, and said as soon as he sat down, "Can't you be serious for once, this was all put together for you and your band. You look like a bloody pimp."

"Being in a world-famous rock band doesn't cover all the expenses, my dear." Eric smiled back.

He knew he wasn't exactly world famous, but he still wasn't in the mood to let anything drag him down. An album he just slaved over for months was finally being released, and he was going to be on Fuse for an interview tomorrow. The only thing he was slightly nervous about was the speech he'd inevitably have to make. He hadn't written anything, but he really didn't care; he'd just wing it. As Eric ate the meal, he briefly contemplated eating the steak with his hands, just to creep out everyone around him. It'd be priceless to see their reactions, but then he realized that he didn't exactly feel like having his girlfriend break up with him.

The food was less than satisfactory, but at least he had entertainment during it. Matt Roberts was kicked out of his own party, which caused Eric to almost choke on his food in a fit of laughter. During their managers toast to "Eric, and his infinite artistic talent" (horrible pun, but Eric wasn't expecting anything less), Matt lit off a couple of fireworks and was promptly removed from the vicinities. Eric felt bad about laughing, but at least Greg was laughing with him. Eric knew for a fact he wasn't the most talented member of the band; he wasn't the one who could sneak fireworks into a formal party.

A couple of hours (and one horrible speech) later, he saw Greg motion to him, and then walk out of the room. Eric turned to Eve and whispered, "Alright, I know how utterly lame it is to be ditching my own party, but me and the gang have to go finish recording a couple of songs for that Fusion Paranoia single."

"You're leaving a party celebrating the completion of a grouping of your songs just so you can go make some more?" Eve laughed under her breath.

"Ohh, you know how I am, work's never done. I'll see you in the morning." Eric kissed her on the cheek, and walked out of the room. As he left, he could feel the weight of the heroin bag in his pocket.

Edited by user 15 July 2010 05:53:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#6 Posted : 11 July 2010 13:25:32(UTC)
infinite135

Man

5 Years Ago

Playing a right-handed guitar was always a pain. Of course, Eric was ambidextrous, so it really didn’t matter what kind of guitar he played. Right and left-handed guitars didn’t make a difference, though he preferred the latter. He had the same skill with both hands, but that still didn’t stop him from using this to annoy Greg, one of his favorite past-times.

“Greggy, I can’t play for shit like this, you should’ve just told me to bring my own guitar.”

“I DID, Quillington, it’s your fault for not paying attention. You play like shit, anyways, so I doubt playing with the opposite hand will make much of a difference.”

After throwing a shoe at Greg, and missing terribly (they both felt slightly bad for the kitty), Eric leaned back against the couch and muttered, “So, I think I’ve finally found a way for us to quit Alpharian without seeming like douches.” Greg sighed, and was almost too embarrassed to ask what it was. They both hated the band, but still were quite fond of Alex. After a moment of awkward silence, Greg finally asked, “What is it…?”

Eric sat up, and said, as though it were a genius idea, “We perform drunk on stage!!” Greg rolled his eyes and buried his head in his hands, but Eric took it as a cue to continue, “I mean, if we perform like shit, we’ll end up getting kicked out of the band. He’d consider it a lack of talent from us, not us wanting to quit.”

“Eric, you’re a genius.” Greg replied sarcastically, “Why don’t we just ASK to leave the band?” It's so fucking difficult to be in a band with someone like Eric, he thought.

June 9th, 2010 (Almost Midnight)

By the time Eric entered the band’s recording studio, the ‘party’ had already begun. Matt, Greg, and two young ladies he’d brought were already stoned out of his minds. For once, Eric was the only person who could think clearly, and he used this to his advantage. “Oh, what have we here? Why, it’s two-thirds of Infinite, the band who have mind-expanding lyrics. They don’t look too mind-expanding now.” Eric said it all with sarcasm, but the band didn’t seem to notice one bit. “Fuck yeah, dude, we’re an awesome band.” Greg boasted, slurring his words. Matt was lying on the floor across the room, too stoned for words.

“Funny… we recorded our album here, and now you guys are using it to smoke, drink, and be merry.” Eric continued… slightly irritated at his bandmates. With great effort, Greg sat up and replied, “Alright, what’s brought this on? I mean, hell, you’ve got a bigger heroin addiction than… some… place with a lot of druggies.”

“Good one, touché.”

“Seriously, what the hell brought this on?”

Eric hesitated for a minute, and then replied, “I… promised Eve I’d give it up.” This sent Greg into a hissy fit of laughter which continued for several minutes. Throughout it all, Matt didn’t seem to be paying attention or even move. The only reason the others didn’t check to see if he was dead was because he was mumbling (slightly unintelligently) Beatles songs. Eric’s face blushed at hearing Greg laughing, and angrily told him, “The only reason I came here was to make sure none of you accidently killed yourselves. Goodnight, assholes.” Before he turned to leave, Eric hastily added, “Matt, I still love you to death.” As Eric left, Greg said to one of the models he’d brought with him, “Oh my god, can you believe that?! He’s doing all this for a girl.” The last thing Eric heard before he slammed the door closed was Greg getting slapped across the face.

It's so fucking difficult to be in a band with a dick like him.

Edited by user 11 July 2010 13:27:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#7 Posted : 11 July 2010 20:43:33(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: You seriously have to be the most underrated RPer on the site. Absolutely amazing stuff.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#8 Posted : 12 July 2010 02:47:25(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Laurelles1 wrote:
OOC: You seriously have to be the most underrated RPer on the site. Absolutely amazing stuff.

OOC: Thanks so much, man! It really means alot that you say that, I'm glad you liked it!

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#9 Posted : 13 July 2010 12:34:44(UTC)
infinite135

Man

June 9th, 2010/June 10th, 2010

Eric Quillington woke up on a very familiar bed. His head, memories, every thought was a fog; he didn't mind, he preferred to be left oblivious. Notes, chords, music poured into his head; it felt like his only friend. All he wanted to be was a musician, why was it so difficult? Still not thinking clearly, and loving every minute, Eric sat up in bed. After rubbing his eyes, and looking around the room, he noticed one disturbing fact; he was completely alone. As this horrible fact sunk in, memories of last night came flooding back in.

Eric couldn't take it anymore, as he walked back to his hotel room. The growing ache inside of him, the ache that demanded his addiction, couldn't be ignored any longer. But he was so close to Eve. He was so far away from Greg, from Infinite, from temptation. He was at the door now, Eve was on the otherside, all he needed to do was unlock the door. The heroin bag that he so foolishly carried around with him seemed to weigh so much more than the key that would open the door.

He sat with his head in his hand, wishing the memories would stop. They didn't.

Sitting down against the door, Eric fumbled to open the bag, and some of it spilled to the floor. He didn't care, his album sold over 200,000 bloody copies so far. He could buy some more. All that mattered was here and now, no consequences.

Eric got up, and walked to the other end of the room. There was glass all around, and he wanted to figure out why. It was a trivial matter, but it would distract him from the oncoming storm.

There was momentary release, and then there was nothing. He couldn't breathe, and color was fading. Instantly understanding the fact that he'd just overdosed, Eric turned onto his side and pounded on the door as hard as he could. His life depended on it. The last thing he heard before the fade to black was the sound of Eve screaming.

Eve was a doctor, she knew how addicted Eric was. She brought medicine (she called it a narcotic antagonist, but Eric had no idea what that meant), and must've used it on him. Eric finally found the source of the glass; a shattered picture frame, thrown against the wall at full force. The dent in the wall was a testiment to that. Eric already knew what the picture inside it was before he picked it up, but that didn't stop him from looking at it. He saw the picture taken of the two of them together, looking so happy. It was only a month ago, he thought of the picture Eve smashed before leaving him. Crumpling up the picture in his hand, Eric felt the sting of tears.

OOC: I hope that part wasn't too confusing.... the things he's remembering are italisized, for anyone who doesn't understand. The final part to this will be up sometime in the next few days.

Edited by user 13 July 2010 13:13:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline infinite135  
#10 Posted : 15 July 2010 02:55:30(UTC)
infinite135

Man

2 Months Ago

"Infinite, Infinite, Infinite!" Even backstage, Eric could hear the crowd chanting in unison, and it wasn't doing anything to help his nerves. It was the first time they were playing in an arena, and he was almost paralyzed with fear. He never expected to get this popular, he had no idea how the band would play like in front of 20,000 people. Just as Eric began wondering if he should be looking for a bucket or a can, Greg sat down beside him, obviously worried. "What's wrong? You better not be going through withdraw at a time like this..." Oh, Greggy always has such a way with words, Eric thought sarcastically, before replying, "No, it's just... I don't think I can do this.... there's too many people out there just to see the three of us, and I..."

This surprised Greg to no end; Eric had always been the most excited over their rising popularity, and had always been the one with the most flamboyant stage persona. After a moment's consideration, Greg said, "Listen, man, we're all nervous. But, those people out there, they're here for YOU." After Eric's face turned even more pale, Greg hastily continued, "I mean... they love you. They don't give a crap about the drummer or the bassist, you're the person that matters. I know this'll sound so lame, but... as long as you just act like yourself, like you normally do, this'll be one of the best shows they've ever been too."

Eric smiled weakily, and said, "Thanks..." Greg patted his bandmate on the back, and said, "Trust me, I'll always be here for you." After Greg walked off to get ready for the show, Eric could breathe slightly easier; this might not be too bad.

July 10th, 2010

Eric never realized until this moment just how much he loved silence, and being left alone. He didn't particularly feel like doing anything productive, with what just happened. The only thing he was slightly apathetic over was the heroin withdrawl symptoms that would start up again in a couple of hours; he thought that he deserved it, so he didn't make any attempt to complain about it, even to himself. Just as Eric thought about falling asleep, Greg burst into the room.

"Hello, Quillington!" Greg was almost bubbling with energy and excitement, which only worsened Eric's mood. Finally, he sighed, and then replied, "Hi, Greggy... what're you so giddy about?"

Greg looked almost shocked that Eric didn't remember, but then finally replied, "We have that Fuse interview today! The two of us, on live television; it's what we've dreamed of from the moment we started this band!" Eric put his head in his hands, and groaned. He'd completely forgotten about the interview, and he sure as hell wasn't in any mood to go to it today. Hoping that his drummer would understand, he said, "Eve just left me, and I'm probably going to go through heroin withdraw soon, I'm not going anywhere." This only seemed to register to Greg on the basic level, and he said, "Well, then, just take a hit, we gotta get going."

Eric leapt to his feet and said, having difficulty controlling the volume of his voice, "My last link to ordinary society left me, and the only girlfriend I'm going to get now is some dumbass supermodel who thinks it'd be entertaining to date me!" Rage was steadily pouring more and more through his voice with every passing word, but he didn't make any attempt to stop it now. He quickly walked over to Greg's side of the room, grabbed his collar, and pulled him against the wall. "I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" he shouted at the top of his lungs to the person who had been his best friend.

The frontman of Infinite, who was normally such a quiet and nice guy, was acting so out of character that it struck Greg speechless. Finally, he started to laugh in Eric's face, and said, "Do you think I care about what you want? Honestly, you're that niave? The only reason I associate myself with you is because you're making me famous, and you're doing a pretty damned good job of it. Now you say you lost your girlfriend; tough luck, but that's the way life is. You say you lost your last link to society; that's also tough, but it means that this band is the only thing you have left. Unless you want to become a complete recluse to society, I suggest you get in the fucking limo, so we can go to the interview."

Eric, in shock, released Greg, who walked out of the room without looking back. After a moment's consideration about what Greg had just said, Eric walked out of the room, and to the limo. All the way to the interview, the only thing he actually thought about was the fact that Matt didn't feel like going, and Greg happily obeyed. For the first time in his life, he felt completely alone. By the time they made it to the building, and sat down in their chairs, Eric could physically feel the withdraw. His hands were shaking, and he was beginning to break out in cold sweat. He was like every single rock star out there; addicted to a drug despite all the warnings he'd been given. Cliches, oh how he hated them...

OOC: This is the final part, so I hope it was a good ending. Some feedback would be nice, since I've been working on this idea for a while.

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 15 July 2010 02:58:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
Stacey: I think I'm totally in love with Eric. Infinte are hands down the best band around right now in my view.

OOC: This whole roleplay has been amazing. I never know what to write because it's so good.
Offline The Nimrods  
#12 Posted : 15 July 2010 03:01:20(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
OOC:I just started looking at this and I think it's great! Good job!
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline infinite135  
#13 Posted : 15 July 2010 04:12:26(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Quote:
Stacey: I think I'm totally in love with Eric. Infinte are hands down the best band around right now in my view.

OOC: This whole roleplay has been amazing. I never know what to write because it's so good.

OOC: Thanks so much, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
OOC:I just started looking at this and I think it's great! Good job!

OOC: Thank you! I was worried people weren't going to like it because of it's wierd narrative style. I'm glad I was wrong.

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King