logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#1 Posted : 13 July 2010 10:42:29(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
UserPostedImage

ELLE: Hello Miss Sasha, how are you?

Sasha: Im doing great. Im really excited.

ELLE: Well you should be today you released your second studio album today and it's getting good reviews.

Sasha: Yes, I am very proud of this ablum. Simply because the album shows an extreme amount of growth since my first album.
It's like I have grew alot in the past couple of months. So I wanted this album to releate to where this point I am at in my life. And whoever is at where I am as well, would love this album because it speaks to them. This is just the begining.

ELLE: Well, you've had a little help with Alicia Lena on this album, How was it working with her, and how did you expect it to be?

Sasha: Working with Alicia was a complete comfort for me. I requested her for this album because I love her sound and I felt tha she was the only person who would define and in a process help create what I wanted to immaculate. So the expectation were high! And when we met we just clicked. It seems like such an unlikely combination but It work. And working with such a beautiful woman was amazing as well. And it's really great when someone is beautiful on the outside and their inside mirrors their outside looks or appearence.

ELLE: How long did it take to record the album?

Sasha:NOT LONG AT ALL!!! Which is surprising because whenI was recording my first album it was gruling. It took me so long to record it. But this album really just flew out andI was astonished when I was finished recording. And I would write like 3 songs a day and Alicia would add the other verses and hooks.

ELLE: Switching gears, How was your childhood?

Sasha: Ummm. My childhood is quite hard to explain. My mom was always there or me. But my father was never there for me. I would see him like once every 3 months and he would give my mother and I hell. He made my childhood horrible, because he divorced my my mom, re-married, ran off and lived well. While he left us in Long Island struggling and broke. My sibilings accepted me pretty well though and so did my step-mother, and they seemed more interseted in devloping a relationship with me more than my father.

ELLE: You sound a bit hostile when you talk about your father? Are you and he or your sibilings on speaking terms?

Sasha: Currently, no. And that's simply because he doesn't make the efforts to call me. My sister and brothers want to see me but he is blocking them from seeing me. So right now it is all out of my power. He ignores myphone calls, and text so right now it is all out of my hands. Its all in my creators hands and if he forsees a relationship between my extended family and myself in the future, than I am open to it.
ELLE: Who do you credit as influences?

Sasha: There are so much people, For one Lauryn Hill. I love her, every song she sings has a message, and I think her album The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill has changed everybody's life, , her voice is increible, Linda Perry, Stephanie Fierce, Miss Vanity, and PANIC!, Ryan is adorable and most definatley Diana Ross.

ELLE: What impression do you want people to have of you?

Sasha: I just want people to think of me as someone who can do it all. An person who can sing, dance, act. But most important, I want people to not judge me because I don't believe in judging people without gettiong to know them. And if you don't know me then don't judge me. But the message I really want to give is love because it is what god wants us to do and most importantly it is a reflection of him.

ELLE: Well, It was nice talking to you and we wish you well in your career.

Sasha: Thank you so much for your kind words!

Edited by user 13 July 2010 10:49:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 13 July 2010 21:30:20(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
"It was a great experience working with you on this album and I'm very pleased with the way it has turned out. Of course some people will knock it before they've even heard it but I think the majority of people will like this album. I hope to work with you again at some point in the future."
- Alicia
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 13 July 2010 22:42:46(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Miss Vanity: Thanks for the kind words sweetheart, great interview.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#4 Posted : 14 July 2010 05:14:40(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

GirlSpice wrote:
Miss Vanity: Thanks for the kind words sweetheart, great interview.

Sasha: Thank you so much. It means alot comig from you. I hope to work with you one day.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#5 Posted : 14 July 2010 05:15:59(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

C4AJoh wrote:
"It was a great experience working with you on this album and I'm very pleased with the way it has turned out. Of course some people will knock it before they've even heard it but I think the majority of people will like this album. I hope to work with you again at some point in the future."
- Alicia

Sasha: I would definetley love to work with you in the future. Thank you for your kind words. And I hope to see you soon.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline ALX  
#6 Posted : 14 July 2010 05:23:02(UTC)
ALX

Man

OOC: Awesome Cover!
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#7 Posted : 14 July 2010 05:35:22(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

OOC: Thanks!

Edited by user 14 July 2010 05:40:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Synxhard  
#8 Posted : 14 July 2010 10:38:21(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
ALX wrote:

OOC: Well yes, besides the simple replacing of Lindsay Lohan with Sahsha, very nicely done *note sarcasm*.

Edited by user 14 July 2010 10:44:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Moquel  
#9 Posted : 14 July 2010 12:21:32(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" You look stunning on the cover, Sasha. You know I'm looking forward to the album!"
- Lyrica Ocha (G2L)
UserPostedImage
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#10 Posted : 14 July 2010 13:44:23(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Synxhard wrote:
ALX wrote:

OOC: Well yes, besides the simple replacing of Lindsay Lohan with Sahsha, very nicely done *note sarcasm*.

OOC: Thanks Dick! *Dancing *Note I don't give a f**K!*
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Synxhard  
#11 Posted : 14 July 2010 14:11:13(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

TishaJackson!!!! wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
ALX wrote:

OOC: Good, I hope people don't take me seriously, god knows what might happen then. Just bugs me that you were totally cool with claiming full credit for someone else's work. I was aware from the start you had copied it, but that doesn't bug me, hell we all copy and paste to a certain amount on here (look at most if not all TRSG album covers), I really don't give a fuck whether you simply edit a magazine cover, cause I'll end up just reading the rp. But don't fucking let it fly and take compliments for a piece of work that wasn't yours, that just isn't really cool...
Offline genocidal king  
#12 Posted : 15 July 2010 00:33:38(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: I hate covers on glossys like these...it's like SELL SELL SELL!! *Note the intentional overbearing-ness of too too much text, so that your mind, just goes "wtf?? oh...buy Elle"*
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#13 Posted : 15 July 2010 00:51:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Synxhard wrote:
TishaJackson!!!! wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
ALX wrote:

OOC: Good, I hope people don't take me seriously, god knows what might happen then. Just bugs me that you were totally cool with claiming full credit for someone else's work. I was aware from the start you had copied it, but that doesn't bug me, hell we all copy and paste to a certain amount on here (look at most if not all TRSG album covers), I really don't give a fuck whether you simply edit a magazine cover, cause I'll end up just reading the rp. But don't fucking let it fly and take compliments for a piece of work that wasn't yours, that just isn't really cool...

OOC: Agreed. In a way that's why I hate making album covers and I thought of the idea of using my own artwork for Daniel (me) on RP. Some people on here not only copy and paste artwork and claim that they made it, but they also copy and paste actual interviews or CD description and change it up a bit. (you know you are!) The only time I ever did that was for my Wiki page because it was hard to do. But other than that I make up my own stuff.

Edited by user 15 July 2010 00:53:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline genocidal king  
#14 Posted : 15 July 2010 01:06:53(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
TishaJackson!!!! wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
ALX wrote:

OOC: Agreed. In a way that's why I hate making album covers and I thought of the idea of using my own artwork for Daniel (me) on RP. Some people on here not only copy and paste artwork and claim that they made it, but they also copy and paste actual interviews or CD description and change it up a bit. (you know you are!) The only time I ever did that was for my Wiki page because it was hard to do. But other than that I make up my own stuff.

Agreed also. The copying and pasting of stuff like that is annoying. I use simple images for album artwork and muck around with them in photoshop, always. Cant see the fun in copy and paste at all.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 15 July 2010 03:01:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: If I'm doing a magazine cover I like to try and make it from scratch. I felt quite proud when I created this cover but I don't think anyone payed attention.

UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#16 Posted : 15 July 2010 10:42:47(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

OOC: Did whatever program you used for that cover cost anything?
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 15 July 2010 19:59:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Synxhard wrote:

OOC: No nothing at all, I don't know if it usually does cost anything but from what I'm aware of it was a free download. It's called PhotoFiltre, it's pretty good.
Offline Synxhard  
#18 Posted : 16 July 2010 02:09:10(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

OOC: No nothing at all, I don't know if it usually does cost anything but from what I'm aware of it was a free download. It's called PhotoFiltre, it's pretty good.

OOC: Awesome, I'm gonna check that out, looks pretty cool.
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#19 Posted : 16 July 2010 03:33:45(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

OOC: Okay, I didn't know it would be so simple. Because regardless the photo's we use in edit for our artist are already out there. I don't see the big deal. And I don't want to hear any sarcasm AT ALL. But I will do my own magazine covers from now on. Because now people want to act like it's a sin, just because I did it.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Synxhard  
#20 Posted : 16 July 2010 10:46:50(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

TishaJackson!!!! wrote:
OOC: Okay, I didn't know it would be so simple. Because regardless the photo's we use in edit for our artist are already out there. I don't see the big deal. And I don't want to hear any sarcasm AT ALL. But I will do my own magazine covers from now on. Because now people want to act like it's a sin, just because I did it.

OOC: Can I make it more clear -

Synxhard wrote:
Just bugs me that you were totally cool with claiming full credit for someone else's work. I was aware from the start you had copied it, but that doesn't bug me.

-Nobody is asking you to make your own art, and, as I said in a previous post, yes, we all have used somebody elses picture/art from time to time, but each of us (I hope) is willing to own up to copying and pasting.