logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Synxhard  
#21 Posted : 15 July 2010 10:40:14(UTC)
Synxhard

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Dammit, this makes me want to resurrect some sort of project more on the heavy end of things, but I'm sure it would be too stressful. Damn you Ryland, it was that good.
Offline The Nimrods  
#22 Posted : 15 July 2010 10:49:05(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Synxhard wrote:
OOC: Dammit, this makes me want to resurrect some sort of project more on the heavy end of things, but I'm sure it would be too stressful. Damn you Ryland, it was that good.

OOC:Thanks!

Kit:Thanks for the support everyone, any one who wants to support is welcome to!
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#23 Posted : 15 July 2010 10:50:23(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Kit:Thanks for the support everyone, any one who wants to support is welcome to!

Daniel: Depending on the dates of the Infinite tour, would you mind if I opened a couple of shows.

Ummm....I guess not. Oh well it was worth a try. I'm not that big anyways.

Edited by user 15 July 2010 10:57:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Nimrods  
#24 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:08:05(UTC)
The Nimrods

stephaniewazhere wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Daniel: Depending on the dates of the Infinite tour, would you mind if I opened a couple of shows.

Davey:Sorry dude, unless you wanna start screaming and playing some distorted guitars, I don't think we have much of a business haha.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline PANIC!  
#25 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:12:41(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Holy shit!.......... The Nimrods are still alive! That's news to me. I thought they died when..... Nah, fuck it, I'm not even going to try to make a joke because by now everyone knows Nimrods like their daily dose of drugs..."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.

(OOC: That was really good, although don't take my word for it since I have no knowledge of metal music whatsoever.)
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#26 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:13:17(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Davey:Sorry dude, unless you wanna start screaming and playing some distorted guitars, I don't think we have much of a business haha.

Daniel: I guess you haven't really paid attention to my music. It's not about the screaming, I do plenty of that in my "Eternal Eargasm" song and even though i have been playing acoustic versions of my songs, it doesn't mean i won't get to perform them like they were meant to be performed. Meaning experimental style....... But i get it, You guys are big shots, I understand it's cool!
Offline The Nimrods  
#27 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:15:34(UTC)
The Nimrods

PANIC! wrote:
"Holy shit!.......... The Nimrods are still alive! That's news to me. I thought they died when..... Nah, fuck it, I'm not even going to try to make a joke because by now everyone knows Nimrods like their daily dose of drugs..."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.

(OOC: That was really good, although don't take my word for it since I have no knowledge of metal music whatsoever.)

Jimmy:One day I'm gonna hit you so hard in the balls you'll have a reason to sing the blues!
Davey:Jimmy's the only one who's on drugs daily thank you, we wrote this record sober!
Kit:I didn't!
Davey:Shut up alcky, just because you can drum in one take drunk doesn't mean you tell everyone. Anyway, thank you even though I was slightly insulted.

OOC:Thanks. IMO you,Bikz, and Aj are the best RPers here so that means a lot to me.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline The Nimrods  
#28 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:20:55(UTC)
The Nimrods

stephaniewazhere wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Daniel: I guess you haven't really paid attention to my music. It's not about the screaming, I do plenty of that in my "Eternal Eargasm" song and even though i have been playing acoustic versions of my songs, it doesn't mean i won't get to perform them like they were meant to be performed. Meaning experimental style....... But i get it, You guys are big shots, I understand it's cool!

Davey:I had no idea! I apologize. But we aren't big shots, we're not as huge as a bunch of acts, thanks though.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Regan  
#29 Posted : 15 July 2010 15:01:24(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Glad to see one of my favorite bands back. After the tour we had with Jakey Comatose then producing our last record its been fun this year man and hope to get to tour with you guys again sometime soon.
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Moquel  
#30 Posted : 15 July 2010 15:54:16(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Good luck with the album and single! We will check it out."
-G2L
UserPostedImage
Offline Captain Insano  
#31 Posted : 15 July 2010 18:18:56(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I was wondering what the goddamned you guys were up to and lo and behold, like a lightning bolt from a pale grey sky, you have suddenly arisen. Will be looking forward to your new material.

Rick
The Black Gates
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline The Nimrods  
#32 Posted : 16 July 2010 01:27:12(UTC)
The Nimrods

Regan wrote:
Glad to see one of my favorite bands back. After the tour we had with Jakey Comatose then producing our last record its been fun this year man and hope to get to tour with you guys again sometime soon.
-Regan Futrell

Jimmy:Thanks man, definitely!

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline The Nimrods  
#33 Posted : 17 July 2010 00:56:50(UTC)
The Nimrods

Time for the next two favorite tracks along with 1 of the others, which are also good mind you.

Redemption (15:00):
The closer of the album and a true masterpiece! Redemption begins on the slow, epic,harmonized riffs that are on quite a bit of the album. Kit does plenty of speedy double bass drumming while remaining consistent with a few short but entertaining fill thrown in. Davey uses some more fretless slides which stick out nicely under Jimmy's nice riffing. The song speeds up with Jimmy utilizing harmonies but also using some heavy chord riffs underneath to begin the verse.Davey bass playing is quite amazing here, his fingers dancing around the fretboard but the lines still sounding in place, this is most likely his highlight of the album and the reason why he stands above most other bassists. Jimmy uses a higher growl on this track reminiscent of early Opeth but very powerful. After the verse the song transitions into a nice clean part with Kit showing of more jazzy drumming using complex beats and several short triplets on the bass drum. Davey's basslines are slow and brooding here with Jimmy's acoustic work decently fast here. After a repeating,melancholy guitar line, the band kicks the distortion back in and Jimmy place a long but emotional solo starting slow for the first 45 seconds and then erupting into fast but well suited soloing. After doing that for about a minute the solo becomes slow again, simmering down until he plays the last few slow notes. The verse comes back, this time all unorthodox chords and Jimmy singing cleanly though in a very gothic wailing style. After the verse the band ventures into a more technical side of things with fast technical riffing and then stopping instantly in time for a short interlude before exploding into a flurry of fast riffs and Jimmy spouting lyrics in a low growl with Kit blasting away. The verse ends almost suddenly, going into a clean part with some harmonies on top, fading out into the end of the song. 10/10

Jimmy:This is my favorite track, I think we all just end on a high not, using all of our talents. Kit's performance was on a bunch of different ends of the spectrum which I greatly enjoyed.

Davey: I thought Jimmy's solo was tear jerking, just great work. I also like my interlude, sort of the calm before the storm. Kit's jazz drumming never seems to bore me, it's just great.

Kit:I thought we all did great. That's what I like, ending at the top of or game, that's how I'd like our career to end really, us at our bests.

Arise and Live (6:16):
This track is definitely more mellow. There's a short solo and also a few distorted sections but for the most part it's acoustic. The guitars are haunting and sad with the bass lurching underneath with some more slides that Davey can't seem to get enough of. The song actually doesn't have much drumming but Kit uses a few cymbal splashes here and there along with some bass drum hits. After a very slow and sad verse Jimmy screams once bringing in the distorted harmonies and chords. After a short bass solo the clean verse resumes. When it ends Jimmy gets to solo, with Kit's drumming coming in as well doing a few well placed fills and driving the music, Davey's line are rather tame and descending, adding more of a sad feel to the music. Like several other songs, this one ends with some sad guitar harmonies, but when they fade out Davey is left with a few bass notes, truly making the song slow down. 9/10

Jimmy:I like the calmness of this song, I get to sing a lot more and I'm very proud of my voice on this track.

Davey:I like how the acoustics and bass intermingle on this track, it just fits together so well.

Kit:I like that i get to relax haha. I think I complement the song well though.

Now for the first non-favorite, the band members this time will explain why the track isn't as good as the rest.

Winter's Lament (9:00):
This song is haunting and sad. It also only uses distorted guitars for a solo near the end, everything else is clean.There's a lot of guitar and bass inter mingling here as well. Drums are present and slow, but Kit uses a lot of his jazz technique to bring his performance to light.
The guitars have a nice instrumental break in the middle where they have lots of arpeggios in a very sad key, reminiscent of something from REM. There's is also a clean, Spanish guitar influenced solo that Jimmy plays, afterwords Davey gets another interlude to show off his skills. In the end of the song Jimmy plays a slow, emotional solo,like those of David Gilmour. In the very end you hear the winds blowing while a woman sings in Finnish about winter and it taking away the beauty of Autumn but promising the beauty of Spring. 9/10

Jimmy:I actually find this song amazing. However, it seems to lack cohesion in some parts which is a bit annoying, still a great track but I feel it could be much better.

Davey:I think that it's a little too long for an acoustic track, it can make you sleepy which can be good but it's pretty much bad.

Kit:I think that it's missing something, maybe more guitars, maybe more drums, I don't know but it seems lacking. Still a great track which makes it disappointing.

That's all for now! There are 4 to go which will be done 2 at a time today and tomorrow. thanks for listening!

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote: